Site: Unseen (double drabble)

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Apr 23, 2011, 6:33:08 PM4/23/11
Site: Unseen

"Why does he never listen to me?" River asked. "'Don't dematerialise
until the spaceship the TARDIS is on stops traveling through
hyperspace.' Is that complicated? But no, he just pulls the lever and
sends us to an alternate universe."

Rory looked round the great hall of Unseen University. "It's a nice
alternate universe, though. Very picturesque."

"And he *has* gone to find a TARDIS manual," Amy pointed out.

"He doesn't need a TARDIS manual! He just needs to listen! And I don't
believe he's going to find one in this L-Space thing anyway. But what
really worries me is that the longer he spends with the wizards, the
greater the chances of..."

The Doctor bounded into the room. "Okay, everyone, I think I know what I
did wrong, the Librarian was very helpful. Turns out, you should never
try to enter the Vortex from hyperspace. Who knew, right? Anyway, it's
easy to fix; we just ... What?"

The others were staring at him.

"...the chances of *that*." River finished.

The Doctor realised they were gazing above his head. "Oh, yes. I wear a
pointy hat now. Pointy hats are cool."

"Mr Ridcully," said River, "Could I borrow your crossbow, please?"

DISCLAIMER:
Doctor Who property of the BBC
Discworld property of Sir Terry Pratchett OBE

--
Dave
It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance

John Elliott

Apr 23, 2011, 7:37:26 PM4/23/11
Daibhid Ceanaideach <daibhidc...@aol.com> wrote:
> "Mr Ridcully," said River, "Could I borrow your crossbow, please?"

Heh. I don't see Ridcully being too happy with the idea of shooting at
the hat, though. Hat=wizard, wizard=hat and all that...

--
John Elliott

Thinks: This is what a nice clean life leads to. Hmm, why did I ever lead one?
-- Bluebottle, in the Goon Show

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Apr 26, 2011, 2:33:59 PM4/26/11
On 24 Apr 2011, John Elliott <j...@seasip.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Daibhid Ceanaideach <daibhidc...@aol.com> wrote:
>> "Mr Ridcully," said River, "Could I borrow your crossbow, please?"
>
> Heh. I don't see Ridcully being too happy with the idea of shooting
> at the hat, though. Hat=wizard, wizard=hat and all that...

Ah, but the Doctor *isn't* a wizard. Ridcully may refuse to relinquish the
crossbow on the grounds that shooting pointy hats off non-wizards with the
temerity to wear them is a privilege of Archchancellorhood, however...