I want to bring back the panatropic archive...

1 view

Random C

Mar 19, 2005, 8:40:27 PM3/19/05

Seeing as the good Doctor’s soon to return to our screens, we’re
looking into resurrecting the old Panatropic.net fan-fiction archive.
We’re trying to contact all the authors whose work was archived
before, to make sure we don’t accidentally add something they would
rather was no longer available. Trouble is, so far every single
address I've sent to has bounced. So, if you had work archived, be a
dear and email me? Thanks.

We’re working on making the whole thing a lot better - authors will be
able to add their own work, there will be a search function (though
the site may initially go live without this), a feedback and ratings
function, and probably an RSS feed of updates too. We could have used
one of the ready-made fiction archive solutions available, but we
wanted to keep the flexibility of the old site if possible, so we’ll
be doing it all ourselves. We’re hoping to have as much of the old
fiction included as possible when we go live, and having permission to
use the fiction we already have here would really help with the
development.

We look forward to hearing from you, whether you decide we can
showcase your fiction or not. We’d also love to hear any suggestions
you have for making the site better than it ever was. There will be
previews of the site for those whose fiction we are using, so they’ll
be able to get their more recent fiction added to the archive as well
before we go live.

--

Random C and the panatropic.net Dev team.

--
Random C
Finally got round to getting back on usenet but

K M Wilcox

Mar 20, 2005, 9:11:56 PM3/20/05
Random C wrote:

> Seeing as the good Doctor's soon to return to our
> screens, we're looking into resurrecting the old
> Panatropic.net fan-fiction archive.

Yay! *does the happy dance*

You absolutely have my permission to archive my
works.