Return of the panatropic.net archive

Random_C

Apr 9, 2003, 7:36:37 PM4/9/03
What happened to the fanfic archive at panatropic net is a long story I
don't need to go into, and I suspect that a lot of the people here are
going 'the what?' it's been gone so long.
However.
I was just wondering if putting the archive back up - and starting to
update it again - is something that people think is worthwhile.
It wouldn't be anything that could happen immediately, as the domain is
badly in need of transfer to a new host (which is complex because of
mail and the exact way in which the current host broke it) and because
what I have is in need of an amount of work to turn it back into a
functioning site.
I would also be a lot happier if I could contact the authors whose work
is included and check they're still OK with their work being there -
especially as I know at least one definitely isn't - and the email
addresses I have for most of them are probably way out of date.
Due to this - and the fact that putting what I have of the old site back
up would require quite a bit of work anyway - and on the principle that
if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing *properly* I was thinking of
turning it into a fiction database which would enable much more detailed
searches than were previously possible, and allow authors to revise and
delete their own fiction, (rather than having to get archivsts to do it)
while still remaining uncluttered and accessible to those with browsers
of dubious parentage.
I'd also like to leave in the ability to send private feedback to the
authors but without having their email addresses displayed, and so less
have spam less of an issue.

So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

With sites such as fanfiction.net out there (and I admit I don't use
that site) I'm not sure it would be wanted, but then, there are plenty
of other one-fandom sites out there, so maybe it is.
Opinions, please!

Kevin Michael Wilcox

Apr 9, 2003, 8:09:47 PM4/9/03
Random Companion wrote:

> I was just wondering if putting the archive back up - and starting to
> update it again - is something that people think is worthwhile.

I would definitely appreciate it, especially with the upgrades.

K. M. Wilcox
But you all probably knew which way I'd vote. ;)

I. Inayat

Apr 10, 2003, 12:52:06 AM4/10/03

"Random_C" <ran...@panatropic.net> wrote in message

> So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

Yes, I think it's worthwhile - I've seen a good chunk of fanfic here that
doesn't turn up anywhere else. Having a single archive where it could be read
would be very useful, and worth the work.

(and I'm happy with having panatropic archive my work.)

Imran

Alden Bates

Apr 10, 2003, 2:47:07 AM4/10/03
Random_C <ran...@panatropic.net> wrote:

>So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

I vote yes. I would definately upload my fanfiction there.

Alden
--
____ _ ___
/ | |_| | _ ` http://www.tetrap.com/drwho/

Graham Woodland

Apr 10, 2003, 4:28:09 AM4/10/03
Random_C wrote

<snip>

>So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*
>
>With sites such as fanfiction.net out there (and I admit I don't use
>that site) I'm not sure it would be wanted, but then, there are plenty
>of other one-fandom sites out there, so maybe it is.
>Opinions, please!

Yes, it's very much worth doing. Panatropic didn't really have any
serious rivals whilst it was up, and it was a rotten day for Who
net.fandom when it went into cryogenic suspension. The proposed
upgrades sound excellent, but it would still be well worth resurrecting
even without them, IMO.

And yes, I'm very happy for my stuff to be archived there!

Best of luck -- Cheers,

--
Gray

http://www.quilpole.demon.co.uk

"She does not get eaten by the sharks at this time."
- William Goldman, _The Princess Bride_.

PAUL GADZIKOWSKI

Apr 10, 2003, 7:44:54 AM4/10/03
Random_C <ran...@panatropic.net> wrote:
: So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

The audience thinks so. The person who does the work gets to decide
though.

For your information in aid of making your decision: I don't know how many
others feel this way, but since I archive my stories on my website I don't
take action to see them archived on newsgroups' archives.
alt.startrek.creative has an archive that's maintained by several people
who scour the newsgroup for the stories that fall into the categories they
marshal, in which works of mine appear. alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, on the
other hand, has an archive that's maintained by one person to which
authors must take the action of submitting their stories like
fanfiction.net, in which I don't appear because I'm too lazy to do that
when I have my own archive which I update with revisions when moved. If
the alt.drwho.creative archive became the latter type my stories wouldn't
get there.

Paul Gadzikowski, scar...@iglou.com since 1995
http://members.iglou.com/scarfman

"What makes the muskrat guard his musk?"

ken...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Apr 10, 2003, 12:23:32 PM4/10/03
In article <982la.17314$iZ2.12...@news-text.cableinet.net>,
ran...@panatropic.net (Random_C) wrote:

> I was just wondering if putting the archive back up - and starting
> to update it again - is something that people think is worthwhile.

Well I miss it.

Ken Young
ken...@cix.co.uk
Maternity is a matter of fact
Paternity is a matter of opinion

David S. Rubin

Apr 10, 2003, 12:40:10 PM4/10/03
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Random_C wrote:

> So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

I would love to see it back up. Also, as I've mentioned to you in the
past, I would be willing to (try to) help out wherever I can :)

cheers,
David S. Rubin <dav...@touro.edu>
CCNA & MCSA
Touro College - Lander Campus, Kew Garden Hills
(718) 820-4893

Recipient of the 2003 Adric award for Best Comedy Short Fiction on
alt.drwho.creative

Random_C

Apr 10, 2003, 3:32:47 PM4/10/03
Graham Woodland wrote:

> Random_C wrote

> >So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*
> >
> >With sites such as fanfiction.net out there (and I admit I don't use
> >that site) I'm not sure it would be wanted, but then, there are plenty
> >of other one-fandom sites out there, so maybe it is.
> >Opinions, please!
> >

> Yes, it's very much worth doing. Panatropic didn't really have any
> serious rivals whilst it was up, and it was a rotten day for Who
> net.fandom when it went into cryogenic suspension. The proposed
> upgrades sound excellent, but it would still be well worth resurrecting
> even without them, IMO.

Not really possible, as at least one person emailed to say 'can you take
my fic out' and I did. In a copy which got eaten by the ISP about a week
later. I cannot remember who that was.

Random_C

Apr 10, 2003, 3:40:31 PM4/10/03
PAUL GADZIKOWSKI wrote:

> Random_C wrote:
> : So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*
>
> The audience thinks so. The person who does the work gets to decide
> though.
>
> For your information in aid of making your decision: I don't know how many
> others feel this way, but since I archive my stories on my website I don't
> take action to see them archived on newsgroups' archives.
> alt.startrek.creative has an archive that's maintained by several people
> who scour the newsgroup for the stories that fall into the categories they
> marshal, in which works of mine appear. alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, on the
> other hand, has an archive that's maintained by one person to which
> authors must take the action of submitting their stories like
> fanfiction.net, in which I don't appear because I'm too lazy to do that
> when I have my own archive which I update with revisions when moved. If
> the alt.drwho.creative archive became the latter type my stories wouldn't
> get there.

I need to hammer out the exact details with lee as it's his server and
he'll be doing all the really geeky stuff, but it's more likely to be
something along the lines of everything that gets posted by people
who've said 'yes, you can add it' gets added automatically, though I
believe lee said something about adding a standard header (of the sort
that could be parsed by a script) would make it easier to make sure
things ended up categorised correctly.
Some things - such as the IAs - it would be simple to do this with
because they've got IA right there in the title already. While it would
be easy to find, say, every story with Gwilym in, by using the search
engine, you'd end up with every fic in which Gwilym is mentioned, where
you probably want just the ones where he's actually in it and doing
something.
One feature I did like the idea of, however, was giving the authors the
ability to modify or delete their own fiction, but not requiring them to
add it themselves.
I'm not sure how I feel about a public ratings system, which was another
suggestion, but I do think there should be a way of getting feedback to
the authors.

Random_C

Apr 10, 2003, 3:42:02 PM4/10/03
David S. Rubin wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Random_C wrote:
>

> >So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*
>

> I would love to see it back up. Also, as I've mentioned to you in the
> past, I would be willing to (try to) help out wherever I can :)

Well once it's up and running, the updating should be a fairly light
task (compared to how it *used* to be, anyway) but the initial setup
will probably be a fairly meaty job, so all help will be welcome.

Helen Fayle

Apr 10, 2003, 5:40:52 PM4/10/03

> Random_C <ran...@panatropic.net> wrote:
>
> >So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

YES!!!!! It'd be great to have it back...

Would we have to resubmit our previous stuff?? Only I never archived my
non-Tal stories...

Random_C

Apr 10, 2003, 5:48:10 PM4/10/03
Helen Fayle wrote:

> >Random_C wrote:
> >

> >>So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*
>

> YES!!!!! It'd be great to have it back...
>
> Would we have to resubmit our previous stuff?? Only I never archived my
> non-Tal stories...

Not resubmit as such, unless google groups doesn't have them.

BKWillis

Apr 10, 2003, 7:45:04 PM4/10/03
<Random Companion wrote:>

>So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

I think it'd be great to have the archive as you've described as a newsgroup
resource. I know _I_ would make use of it as both an author and reader.

BKWillis

--

"Somebody once said that no other Priestess of Fire who came before me could
impassion the element of flame hotter than I could. But I didn't like the way

PAUL GADZIKOWSKI

Apr 11, 2003, 8:19:50 AM4/11/03
: PAUL GADZIKOWSKI wrote:
:> For your information in aid of making your decision: I don't know how many

:> others feel this way, but since I archive my stories on my website I don't
:> take action to see them archived on newsgroups' archives.
:> alt.startrek.creative has an archive that's maintained by several people
:> who scour the newsgroup for the stories that fall into the categories they
:> marshal, in which works of mine appear. alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, on the
:> other hand, has an archive that's maintained by one person to which
:> authors must take the action of submitting their stories like
:> fanfiction.net, in which I don't appear because I'm too lazy to do that
:> when I have my own archive which I update with revisions when moved. If
:> the alt.drwho.creative archive became the latter type my stories wouldn't
:> get there.
:>
: I need to hammer out the exact details with lee as it's his server and
: he'll be doing all the really geeky stuff, but it's more likely to be
: something along the lines of everything that gets posted by people
: who've said 'yes, you can add it' gets added automatically, though I
: believe lee said something about adding a standard header (of the sort
: that could be parsed by a script) would make it easier to make sure
: things ended up categorised correctly.

One of the alt.startrek.creative FAQs is about the subject line and header
formats which the archivists prefer be used, because they've just
implemented an automatic system much like the one you're discussing, and
because it made manual sorting so much easier too. If you go this way, I
suggest you post a FAQ about it every other week or so. I'll follow it.
Look for the FAQs on a.st.c; you may even want to ask Stephen whether he
minds if you take his as a model.

: One feature I did like the idea of, however, was giving the authors the

: ability to modify or delete their own fiction, but not requiring them to
: add it themselves.

It's a neat idea, but I probably wouldn't take advantage of it.

Adrian Tullberg

Apr 11, 2003, 9:04:31 AM4/11/03
Sounds good to me ...

Graham Woodland

Apr 11, 2003, 8:37:31 AM4/11/03
PAUL GADZIKOWSKI wrote
>Random_C <ran...@panatropic.net> wrote:
<snip>

>:>
>: I need to hammer out the exact details with lee as it's his server and
>: he'll be doing all the really geeky stuff, but it's more likely to be
>: something along the lines of everything that gets posted by people
>: who've said 'yes, you can add it' gets added automatically, though I
>: believe lee said something about adding a standard header (of the sort
>: that could be parsed by a script) would make it easier to make sure
>: things ended up categorised correctly.
>
>One of the alt.startrek.creative FAQs is about the subject line and header
>formats which the archivists prefer be used, because they've just
>implemented an automatic system much like the one you're discussing, and
>because it made manual sorting so much easier too. If you go this way, I
>suggest you post a FAQ about it every other week or so. I'll follow it.
>Look for the FAQs on a.st.c; you may even want to ask Stephen whether he
>minds if you take his as a model.
>
>: One feature I did like the idea of, however, was giving the authors the
>: ability to modify or delete their own fiction, but not requiring them to
>: add it themselves.
>
>It's a neat idea, but I probably wouldn't take advantage of it.

I agree about the neatness of the system as described, and I probably
*would* take advantage of that last feature.

David S. Rubin

Apr 11, 2003, 12:02:00 PM4/11/03
On 11 Apr 2003, PAUL GADZIKOWSKI wrote:

> One of the alt.startrek.creative FAQs is about the subject line and header
> formats which the archivists prefer be used, because they've just
> implemented an automatic system much like the one you're discussing, and
> because it made manual sorting so much easier too. If you go this way, I
> suggest you post a FAQ about it every other week or so. I'll follow it.
> Look for the FAQs on a.st.c; you may even want to ask Stephen whether he
> minds if you take his as a model.

IIRC, there was once a FAQ here about how to format the "Archivist's
Information" blurb at the end of the story. As a matter of fact, I've
just found the pertinent info and am including it at the end of this
post (AS REFERENCE ONLY).

cheers,
David S. Rubin <dav...@touro.edu>
CCNA & MCSA
Touro College - Lander Campus, Kew Garden Hills
(718) 820-4893

Recipient of the 2003 Adric award for Best Comedy Short Fiction on
alt.drwho.creative

---Excerpt from previous archive FAQ---
PLEASE NOTE: This has NOTHING to do with the current archive. Do NOT
submit things like this and then blame any member of the archive team
for not auto-archiving it. Like it says at the bottom: "This version
last changed 14th May 1999"

I thought I might as well post this, especially as I only seem to have
9 people on the archive fast track - If you think you should be one of
them, have another look at the fast track section, and email me.
(remember, I don't see it, so I have to be able to get the software to
do it for me - I need the phrase "archive info" there or it doesn't
get noticed. )

Panatropic Net Doctor Who Fan Fiction Archive FAQ

Version 1.0

The Archive Fast Track

16. What are the benefits of the archive fast-track?
Your fiction will be added faster, with the blurb you want for it, and
you get a much calmer archive team - it really does make life a lot
easier for us, so we'll be nicer to you. It also helps cut down on
mistakes. I've been told by a professional web author that it should
also be possible to automate the fast track at a later date.

-----------------------

17. What do I need to put on the end of my posts, then?
Because the archive's so complex, I have several things I need to know
- Title, Author, Blurb, Doctor, Other Characters, Aliens, Type

It'll also help me a lot if you put the words "ARCHIVE INFO" before
the information, as I don't always see the ends of the posts when
exporting them from my news program, but I can search for this with my
text editor - so there's less chance of me missing you out. It doesn't
have to

Title - the title you want the piece added under. You can use more
than one if you want, many of the IA chapters have alternate titles.
If you do, it will be added by both, with the "or" on both.

Author - The name you want to be added as. You do not have to use your
real name, but if you have an unusual name, I need to know which
letter you want to be added under - I've added myself under R, rather
than C. If you're doing the information for a round robin, please list
all the authors, and which chapters they've done.

Blurb - the information you want to identify the story. If you don't
specify, you'll get something along the lines of "a short Seventh
Doctor piece with Ace." Something you make up will make your piece
seem much more appealing.

Doctor - fairly self-explanatory. 1-13, unspecified, none, Valeyard.
If you've used more than one, list them all. If you've used the 14th
Doctor, or have a different regeneration and want it kept separate,
I'll create a new page - the Trenchcoat Doctor, for example, has his
own page. I've generally included non-McGann 8th Doctor fiction with
the McGann stuff.

Other characters - All these characters have their own page. You might
want to check http://www.panatropic.net/archive/others.html for an up
to date list of the character pages. If you think there's one I should
have a page for that I haven't, let me know, and I'll create one. I've
included organisations like UNIT with the characters. I will also be
posting a list of new pages to alt.drwho.creative, and listing them at
http://www.panatropic.net/archive/new.html.

Aliens - Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, etc. - whatever you've used, let
me know, and I'll create a page if I think there's enough fiction
using them for it to be worth it.

Type - Fiction, Multi-Part fiction, Round Robin, Drabble, Poem or
Filk, all of which can be crossovers or adult. If it's a crossover, I
need to know what with. If a piece you write has adult content, and
you don't tell me, I will not be pleased. I'll also need to know if
your piece uses the alt.drwho.creative alt-universe and it's
characters, This Time Round, adc's pub outside continuity, or is part
of the To Die For - Psycho Nyssa series.

This version last changed 14th May 1999

Random_C

Apr 11, 2003, 3:23:56 PM4/11/03
PAUL GADZIKOWSKI wrote:

> One of the alt.startrek.creative FAQs is about the subject line and header
> formats which the archivists prefer be used, because they've just
> implemented an automatic system much like the one you're discussing, and
> because it made manual sorting so much easier too. If you go this way, I
> suggest you post a FAQ about it every other week or so. I'll follow it.
> Look for the FAQs on a.st.c; you may even want to ask Stephen whether he
> minds if you take his as a model.
>
> : One feature I did like the idea of, however, was giving the authors the
> : ability to modify or delete their own fiction, but not requiring
> them to
> : add it themselves.
>
> It's a neat idea, but I probably wouldn't take advantage of it.

One other thing if it can automatically parse the group would be that
reposts could be automatically re-added, so if new versions are posted,
they would be automatically updated.

Random_C

Apr 11, 2003, 3:27:27 PM4/11/03
David S. Rubin wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2003, PAUL GADZIKOWSKI wrote:
>

> >One of the alt.startrek.creative FAQs is about the subject line and
> header
> >formats which the archivists prefer be used, because they've just
> >implemented an automatic system much like the one you're discussing, and
> >because it made manual sorting so much easier too. If you go this way, I
> >suggest you post a FAQ about it every other week or so. I'll follow it.
> >Look for the FAQs on a.st.c; you may even want to ask Stephen whether he
> >minds if you take his as a model.
>

> IIRC, there was once a FAQ here about how to format the "Archivist's
> Information" blurb at the end of the story. As a matter of fact, I've
> just found the pertinent info and am including it at the end of this
> post (AS REFERENCE ONLY).

Oh yes, I remember, and quite a few people did do this, though the
requirements were rather too wooly for a script to successfully parse.
Was bloody useful for hand-archiving. It was never *really* automated,
by automatic I meant I wouldn't have to get someone to read it.

PAUL GADZIKOWSKI

Apr 11, 2003, 4:32:03 PM4/11/03

:
: One other thing if it can automatically parse the group would be that
: reposts could be automatically re-added, so if new versions are posted,
: they would be automatically updated.

Oh. Then I would be taking advantage of it. I stand corrected.

Mags

Apr 11, 2003, 4:37:29 PM4/11/03

"Random_C" <ran...@panatropic.net> wrote in message
<snip>

> With sites such as fanfiction.net out there (and I admit I don't use
> that site) I'm not sure it would be wanted, but then, there are plenty
> of other one-fandom sites out there, so maybe it is.
> Opinions, please!

Something akin to the BFA?
(http://archive.shriftweb.org/ )

That would be very neat. It runs off "the automated archive"
(http://www.netspace.org/~shalott/archive/) which I've seen used for a Buffy
Video database as well and would, hopefully, reduce the amount of work
entailed. Unfortunately, the only way for authors to correct their work is
to contact the archivist (unlike ff.net where you can re-upload the same
story). I assume, based on shrift's list of credits, that other people can
be assigned archivist status though, thus meaning it needn't be a daily slog
for you.

I'd like to see it back and, if it were in an automated form, then it might
gather fic from writers besides the adwc gang - could create a lot more
cross-pollination of ideas.

Mags
--
"Susan - when a man is wrestling a leopard
in the middle of a pond, he is no position to

gordon

Apr 11, 2003, 4:57:41 PM4/11/03
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 23:36:37 GMT, Random_C <ran...@panatropic.net>
wrote:

>So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

To quote Macho Man Randy Savage.

"Ooooooooooooooh YEAH!!!" :)

I used to have fun just pottering about Panatropic randomly (no pun
intended) when it was around and I have kind of missed it, so yes,
definitely worth doing.
--
gordon "Make a cup of tea, put a record on..."
http://mysite.freeserve.com/bhfh/index.htm

Clive May

Apr 11, 2003, 5:02:01 PM4/11/03

"Random_C" <ran...@panatropic.net> wrote in message

snip

> I was just wondering if putting the archive back up - and starting to

> update it again - is something that people think is worthwhile.

snip

> Opinions, please!

Definitely worth doing. While it was up I was steadily working my way
through the archived stories. I'd gotten about a third of the way through
when the pages became unreachable. Apart from the stories, the thing which
kept me coming back was the ease of use - something which was down to the
effort you put in to make it accessible for people running hand cranked,
wind assisted browsers. I for one always appreciated the work you and the
team did on that aspect. If you ever do get it back up, with or without the
extra "goodies", you'll certainly have me back as a regular customer.

I've always been happy to have my stuff archived at Panatropic; and that's
not going to change in the future.

Cheers

Clive

--
Haruka said: "I suppose simply stating that you're a nearly
immortal, magically endowed soldier of a forgotten kingdom is out?" - Rescue

Taliesin

Apr 11, 2003, 6:39:27 PM4/11/03
David S. Rubin wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Random_C wrote:
>

>>So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*
>>

> I would love to see it back up. Also, as I've mentioned to you in the
> past, I would be willing to (try to) help out wherever I can :)

If you get the site up and running, I can give you a link on the First
Tribe Books website (http://www.firsttribebooks.com) to your site.

Also, anyone who has a Doctor Who or other fan-fic website, we have a TV
Fan-Fic section at http://www.firsttribebooks.com/fanfictv.htm. We'll be
creating a Fan-Fic movie section soon. The current Fan-Fic section
includes links to sites for Doctor Who, M*A*S*H, Xena, Star Trek, The
West Wing and a number of others shows. If you have a fanfic site and
would like it linked, please e-mail me. I'd like to do what I can to
help promote Doctor Who and fan fiction.

I'm hoping we can expand the site to have a lot more, including entire
sections devoted to TV shows/Books/Movies. I'd like to start With Doctor
Who and Bernice Summerfield.

My article (with photos) from the February Gallifrey One convention is
at http://www.firsttribebooks.com/drwho03.htm for those who might like
to see it.

I've been aware of the Doctor since the late 70s, but only recently
become involved in DW fandom. It's great to see so many creative people
exploring the Whoniverse.

Tal

Molly Schlemmer

Apr 11, 2003, 7:20:47 PM4/11/03
Random_C <ran...@panatropic.net> wrote in message news:<982la.17314$iZ2.12...@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

I realize that the current consensus is "yes," but I would like to add
my "yes" vote to the pot. I'm fairly new to the list, so I would
enjoy having a place to read a lot of the past fiction from the group
without having to wade through the muck of Google Groups to find them,
as well as having a place for my future fic that will appear on the
list to be archived (aside from my site on Geocities; I don't have one
iota of trust in Yahoo!...).

Anyway, I would also like to volunteer my services at least as a
future archivist (I may not always be online everyday or have the
time, but I could help out when I'm able).

Molly ;)

The Fifth Doctor keeps calling me Tegan...

Mistress Hotaru

Apr 12, 2003, 11:49:27 PM4/12/03
<delurk>
Oh, yes please! I can imagine that it would be alot of work to make everything up and running again, but I would greatly appreciate it and probably many others who miss the archive very much.
<relurk>

Ms.Hotaru

> What happened to the fanfic archive at panatropic net is a long story I
> don't need to go into, and I suspect that a lot of the people here are
> going 'the what?' it's been gone so long.
> However.
> I was just wondering if putting the archive back up - and starting to
> update it again - is something that people think is worthwhile.
> It wouldn't be anything that could happen immediately, as the domain is
> badly in need of transfer to a new host (which is complex because of
> mail and the exact way in which the current host broke it) and because
> what I have is in need of an amount of work to turn it back into a
> functioning site.
> I would also be a lot happier if I could contact the authors whose work
> is included and check they're still OK with their work being there -
> especially as I know at least one definitely isn't - and the email
> addresses I have for most of them are probably way out of date.
> Due to this - and the fact that putting what I have of the old site back
> up would require quite a bit of work anyway - and on the principle that
> if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing *properly* I was thinking of
> turning it into a fiction database which would enable much more detailed
> searches than were previously possible, and allow authors to revise and
> delete their own fiction, (rather than having to get archivsts to do it)
> while still remaining uncluttered and accessible to those with browsers
> of dubious parentage.
> I'd also like to leave in the ability to send private feedback to the
> authors but without having their email addresses displayed, and so less
> have spam less of an issue.
>
> So - the question is - *Is the job worth doing?*

William December Starr

Apr 13, 2003, 7:28:31 PM4/13/03
In article <k95ma.7678$1b1.6...@news20.bellglobal.com>,
"Mistress Hotaru" <tonya...@sympatico.ca> said:

and, further down:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01C3014E.2716FA40

> <HTML><HEAD>

Ow. Could you not do that please? Thank you.

-- William December Starr <wds...@panix.com>

Mistress Hotaru

Apr 13, 2003, 7:33:30 PM4/13/03
<delurk>
*Confused* Do what exactly, if I may ask?
<relurk>

Ms.Hotaru

"William December Starr" <wds...@panix.com> wrote in message

William December Starr

Apr 15, 2003, 12:36:40 AM4/15/03
In article <cvmma.395$f34....@news20.bellglobal.com>,
"Mistress Hotaru" <tonya...@sympatico.ca> said:

>>> ------=_NextPart_000_0056_01C3014E.2716FA40
>>>
>>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>>> <HTML><HEAD>
>>

>> Ow. Could you not do that please? Thank you. [wdstarr]

> <delurk>
> *Confused* Do what exactly, if I may ask?
> <relurk>

Post some or all of an article in HTML format. The whole MIME thing
is probably best avoided too, in fact.

(Top-posting -- putting your reply at the beginning of an article
and then following it with the quoted material that you're replying
to -- sort of sucks too.)

Mistress Hotaru

Apr 16, 2003, 6:16:14 AM4/16/03
Ah. Sorry.