GREMLIN PR AMUSE ME

Mark Williamson

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
convince us it isn't shit.

Message 1:

<<
Header

From: mr...@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: alt.digitiser
Subject: Re: wacky races
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:11:17 GMT

(This corresponds to host julias.gremlin.co.uk)

Message

Official Dreamcast Mag - 93%
Dreamcast Monthly - 8/10
CVG 4/5

Pretty good reviews all round....June 30th release.
Can't wait for it myself.
Should tide me over till MSR.

I wonder if a similar kind of PR job to this led to those results.

Message 2:

<<
Header

From: gob...@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: alt.digitiser
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:19:35 GMT

(Resolves to nickg.gremlin.co.uk)

Message

I can understand 'stewlarts' (stephen craig), being bitter and wanting
to trash games.
My mate says stephen craig used to work for gremlin as a cleaner. He
was dismissed for stealing toilet rolls!!...unlucky.

I'll definately be getting wacky races because I make my own opinions,
And coupled with the reviews and the screenshots i think it looks
great!!!

This one is particularly nasty, it looks like our Gremlin bod is
pretending to be a normal poster while trying to discredit the person
claiming the game is a disaster.

Message 3:

<<
Header

From: ginn...@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: alt.digitiser
Subject: Wacky Races
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:53:14 GMT

(Resolves to leec.gremlin.co.uk)

Message

Hello there,

Wacky Races is out in the shops next week in the UK (30th June) and
shortly after in the US for those who are interested,

Regardless of whats being brought up in these pages, I thought I'd let
you know that Wacky Races is a lot of fun, I've played the game quite a
bit and it's got stacks of challenge, loads of secrets, hidden
abilities to collect, vehicles, tracks and characters to collect and
some pretty top co-operative 2 player and 4 player games,

Not quite sure where you got your rumours and quotes from? It's
complete rubbish, I know a couple of the team very closely,including
Tony C, and they all seem like they had a lot of fun making it,
everyone has come away from the project very happy with the results 8)

It seems to me that someones more than just a touch bitter about
something? Firstly get your facts straight and more importantly, As the
saying goes, if you aint got nothing nice to say, (Or valid) don't say
it at all?

8)

-Ginnerkid

Now please, for the love of God, enough with the PR already.
--
Mark Williamson

Glyndwr

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
Mark Williamson <MR...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
> need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
> convince us it isn't shit.
> snip

I hadn't thought of using l33t hax0r skills to trace the IP those posts came
from. And there inside Gremlin... This is priceless and must be publicised
immediately. To anyone who'll listen. Lyon? Go tell the news ed on PCZone,
it's gotta be worth a few column inches. But don't mention a.d by name or
we'll be neck-deep in idiots.

> Now please, for the love of God, enough with the PR already.

Amen. Except for bad PR, of course, that results from posting anonymous
Usenet posts claiming your game is better than it is.

--
-=R=-

James Lyon

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00

Glyndwr wrote:

Sounds more like a case for Digitiser, DYS?

James Gregory

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00

> You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
> need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
> convince us it isn't shit.

<snip>

> Now please, for the love of God, enough with the PR already.

Excellent*1000000.

James

Glyndwr

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
James Lyon <james...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Sounds more like a case for Digitiser, DYS?

Yeah, but even if it got put in PCZone it'd take over a month to be
published. It's hardly gonna out-scoop Biffo, is it? And it'd fit nicely
into the Secrets&Lies column...

--
-=R=-

Fish

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
>> You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
>> need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
>> convince us it isn't shit.
>
><snip>
>
>> Now please, for the love of God, enough with the PR already.
>
>Excellent*1000000.

I agree. That was truly grate MrPsb. You are the greatest

Fish

P.S. I will post CD on Saturday as I do not have any money until then.

David Deans

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
In article <l7o45.7065$fw6.1...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
glynF...@fsckBARed.co.uk says...

> I hadn't thought of using l33t hax0r skills to trace the IP those posts came
> from. And there inside Gremlin... This is priceless and must be publicised
> immediately. To anyone who'll listen. Lyon? Go tell the news ed on PCZone,
> it's gotta be worth a few column inches. But don't mention a.d by name or
> we'll be neck-deep in idiots.

Send it to NTK, now. Please.
--
AndrioidFearSatan http://fearsatan.cjb.net
a.d FAQ http://faq.fearsatan.cjb.net

Glyndwr

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
"Daniel Thornton" <mcwib...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Send it to NTK, now. Please.
>
> Already done. Twice. Once by pee es bee, and once by me.

Excellent * 10000

--
-=G=-

MS has commited an illegal antitrust operation and must be terminated.
(Thanks CCB)
Web: http://www.fscked.co.uk ICQ: 66545073

Daniel Thornton

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
My dad says it sounds a bit like David Deans, Mark, but I think he's talking rubbish.

> Send it to NTK, now. Please.

Already done. Twice. Once by pee es bee, and once by me.

--
The Wibble - The Under Redevelopment Alternative To The Comedy Alternative
- Opinions, Spoofs, Rants, Comedy, Reviews and News in one nifty package -

Charing Cross Branch

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:09:27 GMT, James Lyon
<james...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote:

>> > Now please, for the love of God, enough with the PR already.
>>

>> Amen. Except for bad PR, of course, that results from posting anonymous
>> Usenet posts claiming your game is better than it is.
>

>Sounds more like a case for Digitiser, DYS?

Actually, why don't you use the... facilities at your disposal, and
bring this to the eyes of gamers, Mr Lyon?

Stuart Dennett

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
Mark Williamson wrote:

> You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
> need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
> convince us it isn't shit.
>

> Now please, for the love of God, enough with the PR already.

> --
> Mark Williamson

PSB, I see a bright future for you as an investigative jouralist (haXX0r).
--
stu.

Mike Jenkins

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:56:50 +0100, Mark Williamson
<MR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
>need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
>convince us it isn't shit.

WELL DONE SIR.

Mike Jenkins

ROMS? HERE: www.kwik-e-mart.in2home.co.uk

Jig

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00

Glyndwr <glynF...@fsckBARed.co.uk> wrote in message

<SNIP>

> But don't mention a.d by name or we'll be neck-deep in idiots.

This sentence needed to be emphasised. Yes, it needed IT.

Jig.

gotes

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
Stuart Dennett <denn...@cs.man.ac.uk> wrote in article
<39525A9F...@cs.man.ac.uk>:

>Mark Williamson wrote:
>
>> You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
>> need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
>> convince us it isn't shit.

I agree.

sadat

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
funnier than the neville brothers' international football careers...

sad@

Warren <war...@NOSPAMwordrepublic.com> wrote in message

| Mark Williamson <MR...@hotmail.com> wrote:
|
| >You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
| >need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
| >convince us it isn't shit.
|

| Excellent work. :-)

| >(This corresponds to host julias.gremlin.co.uk)
| >
| >Message
| >
| >Official Dreamcast Mag - 93%
| >Dreamcast Monthly - 8/10
| >CVG 4/5
|

| This is a bit weird in itself. ODM doesn't even use percentages. It
| got 7/10.
|

| W.

David Deans

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
In article <39525D43.MD-1....@yahoo.co.uk>,
mcwib...@yahoo.co.uk says...

> > Send it to NTK, now. Please.
>
> Already done. Twice. Once by pee es bee, and once by me.

Mehhh, so have I now. They're going to lurve that.

anthony

Jun 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/23/00
You made it into ntk!!!

> You have to wonder if Wacky Races is really shit if Gremlin's people
> need to post to alt.digitiser using various my-deja accounts to try to
> convince us it isn't shit.
>

> Message 1:
>
> <<
> Header
>
> From: mr...@my-deja.com
> Newsgroups: alt.digitiser
> Subject: Re: wacky races
> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:11:17 GMT
>

> (This corresponds to host julias.gremlin.co.uk)
>
> Message
>
> Official Dreamcast Mag - 93%
> Dreamcast Monthly - 8/10
> CVG 4/5

Jig

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00

anthony <tc...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> You made it into ntk!!!

Jeeze, you replied at the TOP and included the whole post?

I cuss you uk.games.video.dreamcast tarts bad.

Jig.

nab

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00

Oh my, I think ERIC LE GRAND has to be introduced into this grouplet.
The fun that could be wrought. The mind boggles.

nab

BennyX

Jun 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/24/00

"Jig" <jig@bog_off_spam_boy.stardock.clara.co.uk> wrote in message

> > You made it into ntk!!!
>
> Jeeze, you replied at the TOP and included the whole post?
>
> I cuss you uk.games.video.dreamcast tarts bad.

I agree