Weekly notice: t-shirts

1 view

Joel K. Furr

Jul 27, 1994, 12:43:35 AM7/27/94
I am currently gathering orders for four net-related t-shirts. I assemble
orders and then place the actual job with the screen printer once
sufficient orders have been received to get a volume discount.

The four shirts are:

1. alt.fan.lemurs Lemurcon '94 shirts: if you'd like a 1994 Lemurcon t-shirt,
they're available. The shirts feature a ringtailed lemur on a dogwood branch
(halftoned, one color) on a forest-green shirt. If you want some other color,
fine; say so. White shirts and light-colored shirts won't work as the ink is
white. They're $12 per shirt ($9 plus $2.90 shipping). An order will go in
when at least 24 orders are obtained. Send check made out to Joel Furr to 916
W. Trinity Avenue, #10, Durham NC 27701. Indicate size. XXL is $1 more and
XXXL is $2 more. Residents of Mexico and Canada, add $1. Non-North American
residents, add $2. Funds must be in US currency.

2. Serdar Argic 1994 "Howling Through The Wires" World Tour t-shirts: 136
Serdar Argic t-shirts have been shipped (as of July 17, 1994) and that's all
of the first batch. Joel is taking orders for the second batch now. The
second batch of t-shirts will go in when at least 36 orders have been re-
ceived. Yes, this time around the shirts will cost a little more: instead of
$11 per, they're now $13 per ($10 plus $2.90 postage). There's a BIG differ-
ence in price when you're only ordering 36 and when you're ordering more than
120. Send check made out to Joel Furr to 916 W. Trinity Avenue, #10, Durham
NC 27701. Indicate size. XXL is $1 more and XXXL is $2 more. Residents of
Mexico and Canada, add $1. Non-North American residents, add $2. Funds must
be in US currency.

The art for the t-shirts is NOT up for ftp since several people announced
their intention to simply take the art and make their own shirts. These
shirts are done on a non-profit basis but the three designers of the shirt do
not wish to see their intellectual property used without their say. The art
on the front is a robotic turkey wearing a Grim Reaper outfit, riding on the
back of a slavering wolf, with "SERDAR ARGIC 1994 HOWLING THROUGH THE WIRES
WORLD TOUR" overhead. On the back, there's a list of his favorite newsgroups
(tour-style) with bordering art of skulls and computers, the tour name again,
and a quote ("In usr/spool/news today there no longer exists a single free
inode") below it all. The art on the front was produced by Peter Vorobieff
and the art on the back was produced by Paul Vail.

3. "Green Card Lawyers" t-shirts. To avoid getting sued, the Canter & Siegel
shirt will not have the names Canter & Siegel on it. Instead, they'll be
referred to as the Green Card Lawyers. These shirts will have 4 colors on
front (blue, green, flesh, and black) = 4 inks and 4 screen charges. At an
assumed order of 120 shirts on a light-colored 100% cotton Hanes beefy-t
shirt, that'll come to $7.65 per shirt. Add in .45 for North Carolina sales
tax I have to pay the printers. Charging $2.90 a shirt for postage, the total
will be $11. The art will be a hand bursting out of a globe, clutching a
green card, with words around the edge that reading "The Green Card Lawyers"
and "Spamming the Globe". Send check made out to Joel Furr to 916 W. Trinity
Avenue, #10, Durham NC 27701. Basic shirt is $11. Indicate size. XXL is $1
more and XXXL is $2 more. Residents of Mexico and Canada, add $1. Non-North
American residents, add $2. Funds must be in US currency.

4. Robert McElwaine shirts. The McElwaine shirts will have 3 colors on front
(glow in the dark, white, and green or something) and 1 color on back = 4
inks, 4 screen charges, and double-sidedness. At an assumed order of 48
shirts on a black 100% cotton Hanes beefy-t shirt, that'll come to $11.20 a
shirt. Add in .67 for North Carolina sales tax I have to pay the printers.
Charging $2.90 a shirt for postage, the total would be $14.77 or, rounded
down, $14.75. The art will be a computer on the front of the shirt, with glow
in the dark letters displaying the first 24 lines of a genuine McElwaine
article (suggestions for which one to use are being happily accepted). On the
back, in one color that contrasts with a dark will be that "UN-altered
REPRODUCTION" quote in big letters. Send check made out to Joel Furr to
916 W. Trinity Avenue, #10, Durham NC 27701. Basic shirt is $14.75.
Indicate size. XXL is $1 more and XXXL is $2 more. Residents of Mexico
and Canada, add $1. Non-North American residents, add $2. Funds must be
in US currency.

Remember: I *have* to know what size you want, I don't take orders via
email, and these *are* being done on a break-even basis, so spare me the
flames about how I'm making a huge profit selling a limited number of
custom t-shirts to a bunch of computer geeks who don't have much money
anyway. :)
--
Joel Furr(ian): Armenian crook/criminal/wacko, Big Kahuna of alt.fan.lemurs,
Moderator of alt.folklore.suburban and comp.society.folklore, Co-Moderator