Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Elementary School Romances

0 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

na...@nicanor.acu.edu

da leggere,
28 apr 1998, 03:00:0028/04/98

Tell about your 1970's elementary school romances.

Here's mine:
Alan Cox...second grade ('78-'79)...Kentwood Elementary, Big Spring, Texas. We
were really just good friends playing together at recess one day when he
asked, "Do you love me?" I said, "Yes," and when the bell rang, we walked back
to the classroom hand in hand. Second-grade news travels fast, however, and we
were greeted by a chorus of "Deana and Alan sittin' in a tree..." This made me
cry until I realized all the attention I was getting. Before too long, we were
kissing in front of the entire class just to get a reaction.

Eventually, we found other interests and "grew apart." His interest in me did
rekindle when I received the Star Wars Death Star Space Station for Christmas.
He would come over after school, play with the space station til dinner time,
kiss me and run home. I felt so used. I moved away during 3rd grade...on my
last day he brought me a teddy bear. I don't know whatever happened to him.

Dixon Hayes

da leggere,
2 mag 1998, 03:00:0002/05/98

na...@nicanor.acu.edu wrote in article <6i55ug$usa$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> Tell about your 1970's elementary school romances.

Perhaps the most unusual one--and the only one that didn't end with "I just
want to be friends"--involved a cute, long-haired brunette girl named Norma
Foreman. She and I sat across from each other in Mrs. Ward's second grade
class at Glencoe Elementary School in Glencoe, Alabama. What really
intrigued me about Norma was her British accent--the only one I've ever
encountered in a public school in Alabama. Anyway, I got to konw her a
little, and she always wanted to play this little game on the
playground--she'd find one other classmate to be the preacher, and he/she
would marry us! It got old after awhile, but since no other girl had ever
played this game with me before, I went along with it. I never got tired
of Norma herself, though...

I got the mumps on the tail end of Christmas vacation that year, and was
out of school for yet another week. When I came back the first thing I did
was look for Norma. My teacher told me her family moved to "another state"
(never heard which one). I never saw Norma again, but still think about
her to this very day...

Dixon "we'll always have Glencoe" Hayes

GregD

da leggere,
4 mag 1998, 03:00:0004/05/98

*One* of mine is tinged with sadness. When I was in 3rd Grade (1971), I had
a big crush on a girl named Kim. She had long brown hair, wore stylish mini
dresses and go-go boots, even with her Bluebird outfit. I was crazy about
her. Of course, the only way I could show it was to harass her and treat
her mean. We would hold hands during movies in class. I never saw her away
from school, other than a couple of birthday parties; we lived a few miles
from each other.

In the middle of the year, her dad took a new job and she moved five miles
away and went to another school. I was crushed. I got over it soon and
moved myself the next year. I never saw Kim until 1985.

I had just gone through a messy breakup with a fiancée. We went to the bank
to close out our joint account. We walked to the teller window and *there
she was*. Prettier than ever, she'd lost the baby fat. She immediately
said my name and I hers. Even though my *ex* was with me, I blurted out a
request for a date. I knew in my heart there was a reason she was there at
that time.

Unfortunately, she too was engaged, although she said she would have gone
out with me if the situation had been different. I was disappointed again.
I did my banking and left; I never saw her or my ex-fiancée again.

na...@nicanor.acu.edu wrote in message <6i55ug$usa$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

0 nuovi messaggi