Bloopers

step...@timken.com

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
No, I'm not talking about the lame-o 'Intentionally Staged Bloopers so Ed can
draw a paycheck & Practical if-I-ever-get-you-alone-you're-dead Jokes', I mean,
how about a name from the past: Kermit Shaffer.

Ok, once again, I'm not sure about the spelling, but when I was a kid, I had a
book of 'Uncencored Bloopers with Kermit Shaffer'. Then I found a record of
similar stuff. As I recall, most of the stuff on there was from the 50's and
60's, but even to a kid in the 70's, it was hilarious.

Tom

Oil Impressionist

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
In article <183B4734AS...@TIMKEN.COM>,

I have the double record set by Kermit. My favorites are probably too
vulgar to write here. One line was supposed to be:
"Come on down to ____ Seafood Restaurant for a premeal cocktail." But
the announcer exchanged meal and tail. :-)

Then there was the football announcer, while talking about the team
mascot who was a Jack Rabbit. "There goes the jumping rabbit, jacking
off down the field."

Or the man who was going to go take a look out the window to see how
cold it was outside, but he said, "Let's go take a leak out the window
. . . "

Great thread!!

DLN Oil Impressionist

There is more to Monet than his lilies . . . as if we needed more!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Dixonhayes

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
I have several of Kermit Schaffer's Blooper albums. They are hilarious. Some
of them are staged--recording equipment wasn't always rolling--but you can tell
the ones that are authentic, and they're hilarious.

My favorite: radio newsman Lowell Thomas recounting President Eisenhower's
visit to Hershey, Pennsylvania, to visit the people "who make Hershey's
chocolate, with and without nuts", then he and his commercial announcer get
into a laughing frenzy.

Dixon

Dixonhayes

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
Here are some more classics...

"And now stay stewed for the nudes..."

"...our next artist has two of the biggest tits in the country" (as opposed to
"hits")

"...it was the big jackass parade, once again headed by the governor..."

"See Gomers Pyles, next in color on CBS"

"Evening Melodies is heard one hour earlier if your community is on Eastern
Standard Time, one hour later if...well, there's a two hour difference in
certain cities, but...oh the hell with it."

And the time on "Howdy Doody" Buffalo Bob asked a kid if he ever did anything
wrong, and the kid shot back "I farted", prompting Buffalo Bob to degenerate
into hysterical laughter.

Dixon