Romper Room

Songbuff

Jan 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/25/98

Does any one remember the kid's show Romper Room?
I used to freak at the end when the lady would look through her mirror and say
my name.
Stephanie

man4allseasons

Jan 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/25/98

I barely remember that show.Was'nt here name "Miss Julie" or something
like that??Was that a national show??

-M4AS

DblLatte0

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

I remember Miss Louise as the teacher. I also had romper
stompers.

Nicki

Songbuff

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

Ha! Right after I typed this question I read in PEOPLE that Leonardo DiCaprio
was kicked off of Romper Room when he was five for being disruptive!
Stephanie

hip...@delosnet.com

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

The woman who hostessed Romper Room was different in different cities. I
grew up in New York City and was greeted by Miss Louise (there was more
than one of her). I remember the pony on a stick, the punching bag, the
do-bee and don't-bee and of course the prayer over cookies and milk:

"G*d is great
"G*d is good
"Let us thank Him
"For our food
"Amen."

Kathryn L. Hillman

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

I definitely remember the lady with the magic mirror, and how I figured her
magic failed to tell here that not all "Kath"-names out there were 'Kathy'
... My nickname was Katy and my full name, Kathryn, and she never once hit
either one ...

DiCaprio kicked out of Romper Room!? That's schuweet. Today they would
give the boy ritalin ... back then it was just being a kid *grin*

Yours,
Kathryn Hillman

<19980126194...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

song...@aol.com

>(Songbuff) writes:
>
>>Does any one remember the kid's show Romper Room?
>>I used to freak at the end when the lady would look through her mirror and
>>say
>>my name.
>>Stephanie
>

>I'm jealous! Although my given name is Patricia, I always went by Trish,
and
>the Romper Room lady never once looked through her magic mirror and said my
>name! :-) In spite of that, I had Romper Stompers at home, and a great
Mr.
>Doo-Bee puppet who was one of my prized childhood possessions.
>

>TRISH RUCKER * Tris...@aol.com
>Atlanta, GA
>Freelance Writing, Editing, English Tutoring
>http://members.aol.com/TRISHGA34
>Coming soon - Small Hound Rescue Page (dachshunds, beagles, basset hounds)

nightliter

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

man4allseasons wrote in message <34CBE6...@hotmail.com>...

>Songbuff wrote:
>>
>> Does any one remember the kid's show Romper Room?
>

>I barely remember that show.Was'nt here name "Miss Julie" or something
>like that??Was that a national show??
>
>-M4AS

I believe it was a national syndicated show.
Over the years several women held the magic mirror (I think).

I never got into watching it though, too little-kiddish.

mster...@webtv.net

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98

I remember some things about 'Romper Room'. I can't remember the woman's
name who hosted it here in Saginaw, Michigan, but I remember the do-bee,
and remember her looking through the magic mirror and saying "I see
Matthew in the mirror", and I was startled. I remember asking my mom,
"How does she know my name?" You mean there was a do-bee AND a don't
bee? I only remember do-bee!

James Martinez

Jan 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/26/98
to man4all...@hotmail.com

man4allseasons wrote:

> Songbuff wrote:
> >
> > Does any one remember the kid's show Romper Room?

> > I used to freak at the end when the lady would look through her mirror and say
> > my name.
> > Stephanie
>

> I barely remember that show.Was'nt here name "Miss Julie" or something
> like that??Was that a national show??
>
> -M4AS

I remember Miss Julie (from the Salt Lake City affiliate KSL-TV). Even as a kid I
thought the show was kinda lame. I did see a classmate on there one morning before
school, romping away in his Romper Stompers. What a way to spend your fifteen
minutes of fame!

__________________
Jim Martinez
__________________

Dixon Hayes

Jan 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/29/98

In Birmingham, Alabama she was Miss Jane, and I think that's also the name
of the woman who hosted in Atlanta as well. They both had short brunette
hair when I watched, which was actually the late '60's. Brought to you by
Slinky.

Here's what always got me: at the end of every show, Miss Jane would look
into her "Magic Mirror" (actually an empty frame) and say some type of
Magic Mirror chant, asking if all the kids had fun today. Then she'd read
off a list of names. ("I see Johnny, and I see Mary, and I see Charles...")
Once I even heard her call out my sister's name (Cathy) as well as two
kids on my block (Chuck and Michelle). But since I had an unusual first
name (Dixon), I never heard Miss Jane call it out, and it just about gave
me a damned complex.

Dixon "Magic Mirror tell me true..I don't see Dixon" Hayes

Jason LeBouef

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

In New Orleans, it was "Miss Linda". I remember only bits and pieces.
There used to be a line of toys under the name "Romper Room". And I do
remember oh so well...

"GOD is good"
"GOD is great"...

Cap'n Lazer

Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98

Maggie Ragaisis wrote in message ...
>BTW, re: Davey and Goliath, there's a website out there where some guy
>even has video clips from the show. They're HILARIOUS. Unfortunately, I
>don't remember the URL

Try http://www.awn.com/heaven_and_hell/DG/DG1.htm

Maggie Ragaisis

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

In article <34D3D0...@myself.com>, Jason LeBouef <m...@myself.com> wrote:
>hip...@delosnet.com wrote:
>>
>> The woman who hostessed Romper Room was different in different cities. I
>> grew up in New York City and was greeted by Miss Louise (there was more
>> than one of her). I remember the pony on a stick, the punching bag, the
>> do-bee and don't-bee and of course the prayer over cookies and milk:
>>
>In New Orleans, it was "Miss Linda". I remember only bits and pieces.
>There used to be a line of toys under the name "Romper Room". And I do
>remember oh so well...

And I can confirm that it was on in Chicago. When I watched (must've
been late 60's/very early 70's) Miss Elizabeth was the host.

BTW, re: Davey and Goliath, there's a website out there where some guy
even has video clips from the show. They're HILARIOUS. Unfortunately, I

don't remember the URL, though I rember finding it fairly quickly just by
doing a lookup on "Davey and Goliath" at search.com.

sincerely,

maggie ragaisis
technogoddess-at-large

page1

Feb 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/1/98

Cap'n Lazer wrote:

> Maggie Ragaisis wrote in message ...
> >BTW, re: Davey and Goliath, there's a website out there where some guy
> >even has video clips from the show. They're HILARIOUS. Unfortunately, I
> >don't remember the URL
>
> Try http://www.awn.com/heaven_and_hell/DG/DG1.htm

THey never did call my name on that show :(

C. Green

Feb 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/3/98

> I also had romper stompers.

Ahh, to be so tall in the world - those were great!

Kent Parks

Feb 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/4/98

Dixon Hayes (dix...@pclnet.com) wrote:
:
: Here's what always got me: at the end of every show, Miss Jane would look

: into her "Magic Mirror" (actually an empty frame) and say some type of
: Magic Mirror chant, asking if all the kids had fun today. Then she'd read
: off a list of names. ("I see Johnny, and I see Mary, and I see Charles...")
: Once I even heard her call out my sister's name (Cathy) as well as two
: kids on my block (Chuck and Michelle). But since I had an unusual first
: name (Dixon), I never heard Miss Jane call it out, and it just about gave
: me a damned complex.

I never heard "Miss Sally" say "I see Kent", either...

Where shall we hold the support group? :)

Kent

SisSparki

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98

>grew up in New York City and was greeted by Miss Louise (there was more
>than one of her). I remember the pony on a stick, the punching bag, the
>do-bee and don't-bee and of course the prayer over cookies and milk:
>
> "G*d is great
> "G*d is good
> "Let us thank Him
> "For our food
> "Amen."
>

>AHHHHHHHHH! Memories! I remember Miss Louise from when I was a wee lass in
bobbysox and braids, and her predecessor, Miss MaryAnne. I remember the
punching balloon thingee, the Flopsy Rag Doll dance, the Bend Stretch Reach for
the Stars exercise song, the snacktime blessing, the crafts lessons, story
time, OH, and the Do-Bee and Don't-Bee! It was fun having those buzzin' twins
teach deportment! :) Now, if you will excuse me, i have to go to the mirror and
check for gray hairs!

Sparki

CDSHERLOCK

Feb 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/12/98

Romper Stomper, Bomper Boo,
Tell me, tell me, tell me do.
Magic mirror, tell me today,
Did all my friends have fun at play?

TarlaStar

Feb 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/19/98

cdshe...@aol.com (CDSHERLOCK) wrote:

I had the most famous Romper Room lady of all, Miss Sheri. On my fifth
birthday, as a favor to my mother, she saw ME in the magic mirror,
even though I was hiding behind an overstuffed chair at the time.
Sheri had to stop being the Romper Room lady. She got fired for going
to Sweden to have an abortion after discovering that she'd taken
Thalidomide.

***
Reverend Mutha Tarla Star of the Little Sisters of the Perpetually
Juicy; a Proud jism schism of the Church of the SubGenius.
Worshipping Juicy Retardo and "Connie" Dobbs since 1986.