Remembering a toy from late 60s or early 70s...

Sandy

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
Ok...my husband keeps asking me to ask you guys if anyone remembers a toy he
had....he can't remember if it was from the late 60s or early 70s. He says it
was this hoola-hoop thing with elastic type bands attached from the edges into
the center...you know the things that went in the middle of a 45 when you
wanted to play it?? well, he says the elastic bands were attached to the middle
with something that looked like that. He says you could put the middle of it
on your head and pull it down over you and let go and it would go sailing in
the air....or you could launch things from the middle....anyone know what he's
talking about????
Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

carol

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
In article <20000207142253...@ng-bh1.aol.com>,
sand...@aol.com (Sandy) wrote:

Sounds familiar. But no name for the toy comes to mind.

Carol

Oil Impressionist

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
In article <coconut_eddie-0...@dial011.w-link.net>,

That sounds like a Whammo toy, but I can't remember the name. I
remember one with netting like a basketball net. Hmm. Tell your
husband we'll all think some more and get back to him! :-)

Dawna

> Sounds familiar. But no name for the toy comes to mind.
>
> Carol

:) Shamelessly promoting our newly released e-novel
Check out Laura's Legacy @ http://www.azstarnet.com/~scribes/
Dawna's art site: http://www.geocities.com/scribes2000/artangel.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sandy

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
>He says it
>> > was this hoola-hoop thing with elastic type bands attached from the
>edges into
>> > the center...you know the things that went in the middle of a 45
>when you
>> > wanted to play it?? well, he says the elastic bands were attached
>to the
>> middle
>> > with something that looked like that. He says you could put the
>middle of it
>> > on your head and pull it down over you and let go and it would go
>sailing in
>> > the air....or you could launch things from the middle....anyone
>know what he's
>> > talking about????
>> > Sandy
>> >
>> > 2-60
>> > Class of 78
>
>That sounds like a Whammo toy, but I can't remember the name. I
>remember one with netting like a basketball net. Hmm. Tell your
>husband we'll all think some more and get back to him! :-)
>
>Dawna

Thanks Dawna, I will!

ALS 62

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
Sounds like your husband was doing a little experimenting with mind altering
substances....

Hi San, I'm here, okay!

Sandy

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
>Sounds like your husband was doing a little experimenting with mind altering
>substances....
>
>Hi San, I'm here, okay!

It's Anne everybody!! She is the best friend who I've mentioned in previous
posts that I grew up with...and she's STILL fresh! ; )

Tiny Dancer

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
And so the word went out from sand...@aol.com (Sandy):

al...@aol.com (ALS 62) writes:

All together now, gang ..... Hi, Anne!

If you can handle Sandy all these years, we'll be a cake walk ;-)

Cheers,

TD

Nothing is said that has not been said before.
Terence (185-159 B.C.)

Webmistress of Tiny Dancer's X-Files Episode Guide
http://www.insanity.com.au/td/

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://i.am/tinyd

Sandy

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
>>Hi San, I'm here, okay!
>>
>>It's Anne everybody!! She is the best friend who I've mentioned in previous
>>posts that I grew up with...and she's STILL fresh! ; )
>
>All together now, gang ..... Hi, Anne!
>
>If you can handle Sandy all these years, we'll be a cake walk ;-)
>
>Cheers,
>
>TD

: O !!!!

Raphael

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
> All together now, gang ..... Hi, Anne!
>
> If you can handle Sandy all these years, we'll be a cake walk ;-)

Heh...

Welcome to our sane little corner of the universe, Anne! <G>

Erin ">

Oil Impressionist

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
In article <I0po4.22027$XT4.2...@newscontent-01.sprint.ca>,

Sane? Did you say sane? Did someboday say sane? I thought I heard
you say sane! Are you crazy????

Oh, and welcome, Anne! Any buddy of Sandy's is a buddy of ours!

Dawna - Oil Impressionist - 9/61 - Class of 79
&
Larry: Classic Rocker
--
~~Our e-novel, LAURA'S LEGACY, is now available at http://www.amazon.com
~~Check out our web site: http://www.azstarnet.com/~scribes

Raphael

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00
> Sane? Did you say sane? Did someboday say sane? I thought I heard
> you say sane! Are you crazy????
>
> Oh, and welcome, Anne! Any buddy of Sandy's is a buddy of ours!

Yes, I said sane! And I should know, seein' as how I'm perfectly sane.

And so are the voices in my head.....

Blblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblblbb
lblblblblbl

*wipe*

Oops, sorry, think I got some on the newsgroup...

Erin ">
3-64
Class of ... am I trying to say I have class??

"I laugh at my jokes, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it."