leather wristbands

chuck dunfee

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

remember the large watch wristbands we used to wear and the
homemade leather or macramed pieces of string we wore as
headbands? Or was this just a wierd local fad we had?

Bill

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

dun...@tusco.net (chuck dunfee) wrote:

And the wide leather watchbands had a round leather piece that covered
the watch face!

Bill

'93 LX 5.0 Convertible
Reef Green

Jim Martinez

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96
to dun...@tusco.net

dun...@tusco.net (chuck dunfee) wrote:
>remember the large watch wristbands we used to wear and the >homemade leather or macramed pieces of string we wore as >headbands? =

Or was this just a wierd local fad we had?
Who else sewed triangular sections of paisley pattern fabric into a slit
in the leg of their pants to make their bell-bottoms "extra cool" ;)

--
James A. Martinez

mart...@kdcol.com

Mary Ann

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

x-no-archives: yes

Bill wrote:

> dun...@tusco.net (chuck dunfee) wrote:
>
> >remember the large watch wristbands we used to wear and the
> >homemade leather or macramed pieces of string we wore as

> >headbands? Or was this just a wierd local fad we had?
>
> And the wide leather watchbands had a round leather piece that covered
> the watch face!
>
> Bill
>
> '93 LX 5.0 Convertible
> Reef Green

and... the big tooled leather barettes with a stick through them to
hold the hair in.
--
*Mary Ann *CASHP#28-96 *CASHK#96-003

"Life is obstinate and clings closest where it is most hated."
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelly -Frankenstein

"If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man,
but it would deteriorate the cat." -Mark Twain

Bill

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

dun...@tusco.net (chuck dunfee) wrote:

>remember the large watch wristbands we used to wear and the
>homemade leather or macramed pieces of string we wore as
>headbands? Or was this just a wierd local fad we had?

Also I was trying to remember the leather stores that were popular in
the late '70s here in So. Cal. They had everything you'd need to make
belts, change purses, etc.
Does anybody remember the name?

Bill

Jenny Clark

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

Jim Martinez <mart...@kdcol.com> wrote:
>dun...@tusco.net (chuck dunfee) wrote:
>>remember the large watch wristbands we used to wear and the >homemade leather or macramed pieces of string we wore as >headbands? =

>Or was this just a wierd local fad we had?
>Who else sewed triangular sections of paisley pattern fabric into a slit
>in the leg of their pants to make their bell-bottoms "extra cool" ;)
>
>--
>James A. Martinez
>
>mart...@kdcol.com

I remeber kids "sharing" bell bottoms that way. Each kid's mom would
take a slit of fabric from the leg and then "trade" with the other so
that each was then wearing a bit of the other's jeans. It was also a way
of lengthening bell bottoms that you had grown too tall for.

joh...@sprynet.com

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

> Also I was trying to remember the leather stores that were popular in
> the late '70s here in So. Cal. They had everything you'd need to make
> belts, change purses, etc.
> Does anybody remember the name?

I don't know if this is the one, but there were Tandy Leather stores all
over the place with supplies, tools, and kits for making leather stuff.
(Tandy, as in the mother company of Radio Shack)

Elliott
joh...@sprynet.com

joh...@sprynet.com

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96