Please Help Me Find This Song

Nick Tarr

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
I have some lyrics fro a song that I believe is by Billy Joel, but I can't
get the name of it. Here are some of the lyrics - "Brenda and Eddy were
still going steady in the summer of 75, then they decided to...." that's
about all I can recall. Please help me. thanks!

bren...@kctc.net

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
In article <TuB04.10264$d6.1...@newsr2.maine.rr.com>,

Hi Nick!

The song you're looking for is "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" by
Billy Joel from his "The Stranger' album. The remainder of the lyric is
"when they decided the marriage would be at the end of July."
Hope this helps!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Carrie I Castro

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
Nick Tarr wrote:

> I have some lyrics fro a song that I believe is by Billy Joel, but I can't
> get the name of it. Here are some of the lyrics - "Brenda and Eddy were
> still going steady in the summer of 75, then they decided to...." that's
> about all I can recall. Please help me. thanks!

Yep, it's Billy Joel. This is "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant". It's
on The Stranger. (One of his best albums, in my opinion.)

Carrie
--
Carrie I. Castro (sia...@fruitbat.org)
Mom of Alexander David Castro born 8/8/97

Yeff

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99

<bren...@kctc.net> wrote in message news:81v1bb$a56$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <TuB04.10264$d6.1...@newsr2.maine.rr.com>,

> "Nick Tarr" <kgj...@maine.rr.com> wrote:
> > I have some lyrics fro a song that I believe is by Billy Joel, but I
can't
> > get the name of it. Here are some of the lyrics - "Brenda and Eddy were
> > still going steady in the summer of 75, then they decided to...." that's
> > about all I can recall. Please help me. thanks!
> >

> Hi Nick!
>
> The song you're looking for is "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" by
> Billy Joel from his "The Stranger' album. The remainder of the lyric is
> "when they decided the marriage would be at the end of July."
> Hope this helps!

See http://www.clarkson.edu/~lundbc/lyrics/italianr.txt

-Jeff B. (sometimes lurker)
yeff at erols dot com

"That's all I heard about Brenda and Eddie
Can't tell you more than I told you already
And here we are wavin' Brenda and Eddie goodbye."

~Billy Joel (1977)

John Sullivan, 3

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
The song is "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" (or something like that...) by
Billy Joel ---Moe Green

Oil Impressionist

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
In article <38436323...@fruitbat.org>,

Carrie I Castro <sia...@fruitbat.org> wrote:

"Scenes From An Italian Restaurant". It's
> on The Stranger. (One of his best albums, in my opinion.)
>
> Carrie

Definitely!! The Stranger, then 52nd Street, then Innocent Man.

Why is it that he isn't thought of as "Classic Rock?" Does anybody
know? If James Taylor and the like are classified that way, why can't
BJ's stuff be there too????

Just wondering . . .

DLN Oil Impressionist
9-61
Still rockin' - with Classic Rocker - after twenty years!

Joy910

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
This has to be my all time favorite Billy Joel song. I always listen when I
come across it on the radio.

Joy
5-31-63
"you love red cabbage, Ralphie"

MartiDave

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
In article <822g60$pr9$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Oil Impressionist
<oil_impr...@my-deja.com> writes:

>Why is it that he isn't thought of as "Classic Rock?" Does anybody
>know? If James Taylor and the like are classified that way, why can't
>BJ's stuff be there too????
>
>Just wondering . . .

I think it is because to a certain extent that he is still active in the
production of music! Maybe that is it?

Dave

Dixon Hayes

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
Oil Impressionist wrote:

>Why is it that he isn't thought of as "Classic Rock?" Does anybody
>know? If James Taylor and the like are classified that way, why can't
>BJ's stuff be there too????

That's a good question. I've been a huge Billy Joel fan myself since "The
Stranger" was a brand new album. He just didn't get any respect for years and
years. But that's apparently changing, since my classic rock station plays
"Piano Man", "Only the Good Die Young", "My Life" and a few others, and BJ made
it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the same year as my other musical hero,
Bruce Springsteen.

Dixon

"I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air
rifle!"
--Ralphie in "A Christmas Story"