Phone pranks

Crazy Fingers

Oct 4, 2001, 3:33:23 PM10/4/01
I don't know what made me think of this, but:

How many people remember doing phone pranks? My younger brothers and I used
to do them all the time, sometimes for hours.

One of our favorites was to call someone up and tell them we were from the
phone company, and were calling everyone in their area because of a downed
transformer, so could they please NOT answer the phone, because the
electricity generated by the ringing would electrocute the lineman.

Then we'd call them back and let it ring and ring and ring until finally
they answered. We happened to have the game "Operation" right there with us,
and we'd touch the metal parts together -- and scream with the buzzer. Then
we'd hang up and laugh our asses off.

Ah, the joys of youth.

Anybody have any similar stories?

KavisD

Oct 4, 2001, 4:40:37 PM10/4/01
I didn't do phone pranks on other residential phones because we had a couple
of times when someone was crank calling, so that really got on my nerves.

The one prank that me and my friend used to love doing was going to pay
phones, and doing collect calls around Xmas time to some Santa Claus number
like 976-HOHO, but we'd tell the operator the numbers instead of the
letters, of course. The operator would be all prepared to ask the person on
the other end if they'd accept, when a pre-recorded Santa message would
start to play 'Ho ho ho, Merry Xmas...' - that would really piss those
operators off. That was about it.

"Crazy Fingers" <pete...@smig.net> wrote in message

DL

Oct 4, 2001, 5:22:31 PM10/4/01
On Thu, 04 Oct 2001 19:33:23 GMT, "Crazy Fingers" <pete...@smig.net>
wrote:

>Ah, the joys of youth.
>
>Anybody have any similar stories?

Still do 'em although its tougher with Caller ID. I enjoy calling
businesses and asking for something they absolutely wouldn't have, and
then insisting that my "Uncle Billy" (anyone get the reference?)
assured me that they have the item and that he gets it all the time.
A good example of this is calling the perfume department at Nordstrom
and asking for magazines, such as Sports Illustrated. There are times
when you can get someone running around for a half hour checking on
the item.

- -

DL

http://www.geocities.com/dicklong14_ca/fanclub.htm

Crazy Fingers

Oct 4, 2001, 6:06:59 PM10/4/01
That one's pretty good! One time I called Herberger's and asked them for the
lingerie dept., explaining I wanted to find an anniversary gift for my wife.
I started simple, asking if they had teddies, etc. Then I dropped the bomb
and asked if they had butt plugs. They transferred me 3 times, until I
finally got the manager who apologized and said they didn't carry anything
like that.

I couldn't believe they bought it.

--
United We Stand
Dustin
"DL" <number1tigerfa...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Naz Reyes

Oct 4, 2001, 6:42:03 PM10/4/01
Butt plugs???! OMG! If I were the salesperson, I would calmly answer, "Sir, we
are not a store that sells perverted stuff for perverted people. Have you tried
looking for "sex toys" under the yellow pages?" Also, you could try going to
your nearest "red-light" district in your city and there are chances you could
find those. Have a nice day! :)

-Naz

Naz Reyes

Oct 4, 2001, 7:00:39 PM10/4/01

Crazy Fingers wrote:

> I don't know what made me think of this, but:
>
> How many people remember doing phone pranks? My younger brothers and I used
> to do them all the time, sometimes for hours.

> we'd hang up and laugh our asses off.
>
> Ah, the joys of youth.
>
> Anybody have any similar stories?

I remember a friend calling me at work to report a problem with his computer.
Of course, at the time, I didn't know it was him. He started speaking like some
guy from a foreign country (he sounded like he was from India) and then said,
"excuse me, sir, I'm having a problem with my computer and I don't know what to
do. I had to sell my COW to pay for my computer, I'm having problems with my
computer, and I don't have any more money to buy a new one. Can you please
help me?" My first reaction was, WTF is this sh*t??!" Then I answered, "well,
this is not the financial aid department of American University, so I can't help
you. Have you tried calling the financial aid?" Then he said, "no no no, I
need help with my computer. I'm having problems with my computer!" So, I said,
"well, why did you have to tell me that you had to sell your cow and all that,
instead of just telling me that you need help with your computer?!". Then he
said, "because I know how you are, Naz! You're gonna think of some smart ass
thing to say, and I just wanted to see what kinds of shit you'd come up with!"

I hung up on him :-)

-Naz

The Wanderer

Oct 4, 2001, 8:56:29 PM10/4/01
There were a coupla people we used to mess with here-usually when we were
playing hooky. The first one was Boris Frankenstein. You can guess what kind
of grief we gave him. And the other was a woman named Tillie Lipshitz. We
would call tillie up and say I am looking to speak with Tillie Lipshitz and
she would answer "this is Tillie". And we would say "Tillie Lipshitz we just
want you to know that if your lip shits my ass whistles." Ands we would give
her a good wolf whistle.
This was in the days of rotary phones, no caller ID and no star numbers.
So we would ride roughshod over the phones as teenagers.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5591/
http://the70s.cjb.net

"It'd take a guy a lifetime to know Brooklyn t'roo an' t'roo. An' even den,
yuh wouldn't know it all."
Thomas Wolfe from Death To Morning

"Naz Reyes" <n...@american.edu> wrote in message

redace

Oct 4, 2001, 9:42:12 PM10/4/01

"Crazy Fingers" <pete...@smig.net> wrote in message

Weeellll...my brother and I used to do a few. Some are well known.
Here's a sample:

The Butcher Shop

<ring>
Butcher: "Joe's Butcher Shop"
Us: "Hello, do you have pigs feet?"
Butcher: "Yes."
Us: "Well it must be awfully hard to find shoes to fit!" <click>

The Refrigerator

<ring>
Victim: "Hello?"
Us: Hi, We're with BG & E (local electric company in Balto.), is your
refrigerator running?"
Victim: "Yes it is."
Us: "Well you better get off the phone and catch it!" <click>

Walls

<ring>
Victim: "Hello?"
Us: "Hi, is Mr. Walls there?"
Victim: "No."
Us: "Well, is Mrs. Walls there?"
Victim: "No, you must have the wrong number."
Us: "Well, are there ANY walls there??"
Victim: "No."
Us: "Well....WHAT THE HECK IS HOLDING YOUR ROOF UP?!?!" <click>

Of course, there was always Prince Albert in a can.... :-)

Lori =^.^=

Dixon Hayes

Oct 4, 2001, 9:48:32 PM10/4/01
"Do you have Prince Albert in a can?"

(to the lady at Colonel Sanders) "Do you have large, plump breasts?"

(to the guy at the bowling alley) "Do you have eight pound balls?"

Yeah, we didn't get out much...

Dixon
===========
"Gomer, you get down there with them spiders and get to work!"
--Barney Fife

Classic Hollywood Squares:
http://www.geocities.come/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

Dixon's Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/

rach

Oct 4, 2001, 10:25:18 PM10/4/01
This is a great thread... laughs galore.

We (Jim and I along with a changing cast of friends) did sexual calls. I
would call the hockey arena where he worked or other arenas in the city and
say " this is Betsy Titsy... do you have ice? Is it hard? Is it FIRM?" and
get raunchier from there. Jim could never do it because he laughed too hard.
We would also call people and play a clip from a rap song ... it said
"FREEZE I'M MA BAKER PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR AND GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY"
I would order taxis and pizzas to Jim's and still claim innocence to this
day.

The worst was when I was working at a library and we called there. The
librarian was this HUGE ex hippie and was kinda scary. I got him and started
with the routine and got fairly raunchy. I took a pause and he grunts out...
tell me more.... I almost threw up.

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all

DL

Oct 4, 2001, 11:05:04 PM10/4/01
On Fri, 05 Oct 2001 00:56:29 GMT, "The Wanderer"
<rosieon...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>There were a coupla people we used to mess with here-usually when we were
>playing hooky. The first one was Boris Frankenstein. You can guess what kind
>of grief we gave him. And the other was a woman named Tillie Lipshitz. We
>would call tillie up and say I am looking to speak with Tillie Lipshitz and
>she would answer "this is Tillie". And we would say "Tillie Lipshitz we just
>want you to know that if your lip shits my ass whistles." Ands we would give
>her a good wolf whistle.
> This was in the days of rotary phones, no caller ID and no star numbers.
>So we would ride roughshod over the phones as teenagers.
>
>--
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn

We used to torment a guy who was listed in the phone book as "C. F.
Butzlaff."

recsec

Oct 4, 2001, 11:04:33 PM10/4/01

"Crazy Fingers" <pete...@smig.net> wrote in message

> How many people remember doing phone pranks?

I do 'em in reverse with wrong numbers. I' be eating or watching TV & the
phone will ring & just totally interrupt my groove. Goes something like
this:

<ring>
(M)e - Hello
(T)hem - Yeah can I speak to Julie??
M - (HUGE exasperated sigh) Well no not right now. She's kinda tied up &
we're a little busy right now.
T - O well do you know when she'll be able to talk?
M - No man, uh no idea right now. This will probably take awhile. Just
depends on her.
T - Well Ok then just tell her that Dave called & I'll call her back.
M - Yeah sure if I remember I'll tell her.

An hour or so later

<ring>
M - Hello
T - Can I speak to Julie?
M - Who??
T - Julie. I called about an hour ago.
M - No man I just got home. Been gone for a while.
T - O I'm sorry I must have the wrong number.

I have done this one for many, many wonderful years now & no one EVER
catches on to it. One time in 85 I had a solicitor call me who was a woman.
She wanted to speak the woman of the house. I said there isn't one. Then she
asked me what I do for a living. She was trying to sell me something related
to stress relief. I told her I was a male exotic dancer. She was shocked.
Then I had to build it up on the fly. She kept calling me for about 10 days
wanting to know if I had danced the night before. I had told her I didn't
work at a club but that I would get appointments from women to come to their
house & dance for them. She wanted to get together till her husband got wind
of things. She said he was pissed. O well.
Billy

LizzieZ

Oct 4, 2001, 11:35:39 PM10/4/01
>I do 'em in reverse with wrong numbers. I' be eating or watching TV & the
>phone will ring & just totally interrupt my groove.

About 8 years ago, when I moved into my apartment and got the phone number I
have now, for several months I got calls for the people who had the number
previously. On my birthday that year, I came home to 7 messages on my
answering machine -- 6 wishing me happy birthday, and one for Ron and Marsha.
A day or so later the guy for Ron and Marsha called back when I was home. When
I realized it was the same guy, I told him that I had gotten his message and he
was the only one out of the 7 messages that *didn't* wish me happy birthday.
He cracked up and wished me happy birthday, and we chatted for a minute. Kinda
wish I had met him afterwards, as it would have been a hilarious story of "how
we met."

Liz

Raphael

Oct 5, 2001, 12:58:34 AM10/5/01
recsec <rec...@flash.net> wrote in message

> I do 'em in reverse with wrong numbers. I' be eating or watching TV & the
> phone will ring & just totally interrupt my groove. Goes something like
> this:

My brother did something similar once. He'd just gotten his own line
installed and had been getting wrong numbers for the previous people quite a
bit. One night, he got a call quite late...1 or 2 am, asking for the same
woman he'd already gotten quite a few wrong numbers for. Rather than say,
again, that it was a wrong number, he replied "Just a second, I'll roll over
and wake her up."

The caller hung up and the wrong numbers practically stopped.

Erin ">

Endy9

Oct 5, 2001, 5:54:07 AM10/5/01
A friend of mine would call people up and say
"This is the sewage company. We've had just about enough shit out of you."
and hang up. Short, simple and sweet (grin).

--
Dennis/Endy
http://members.home.net/endymion91/index.htm

Crazy Fingers

Oct 5, 2001, 6:40:32 AM10/5/01
There was a guy who lived about a block from my parents' house whose name
was - no kidding - Harry Cox. One time we called him and he wasn't home, so
we asked to speak with Hugh G. Rection instead. Mrs.Cox hung up.

--
United We Stand
Dustin

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message

Crazy Fingers

Oct 5, 2001, 6:42:38 AM10/5/01
KFC (or Kentucky Fried Chicken as it was then):

Hello, KFC:
How large are your breasts? OR
How juicy are your thighs?

I called them so many times as a kid I STILL have their number memorized.

--
United We Stand
Dustin

"redace" <redace...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Trittboy

Oct 5, 2001, 8:28:05 AM10/5/01
We have now stumbled upon my area of expertise. Not only did we make
crank phone calls, but we would also RECORD them on our tape recorders.
I 'still' have hundreds of hours of phone tapes from 1974-83. They are
priceless. My best friend & I would also record just regular phone
calls to all our friends. Boy are those fun listening to nowadays.

However, one of the funniest phone calls was to our little truckstop
cafe. On one side was the cafe and on the other side was a gas
station. We would call the cafe and ask "How much does a carton of oil
cost?". They would tell us we had called the cafe but that they would
transfer us over to the gas station.

When the gas station answered we'd say "I need to make reservations for
6 people for supper".

"Oh, Im sorry, you need to talk to the cafe, I'll transfer you over."

Then, we'd start the same pattern over again....once the cafe answered,
we ask for the price on a carton of oil. "Why did they transfer you
back????" the puzzled person asked.

"I dont know" we would respond all innocent-like. So, once again they
would transfer us to the gas station.

"Id like to make reservations for 6 people for supper.".

"YOU HAVE THE GAS STATION!!! WHY ARE THEY TRANSFERING YOU BACK TO US??"

"Im not sure, they said you could take care of it"

TRANSFERED BACK TO CAFE

"How much is a carton of oil!!"

"WHY ARE THEY TRANSFERRING YOU BACK TO US???? WE ARE THE CAFE!!! WE
DONT HAVE ANY OIL HERE!!!"

"Well, dont yell at me....'they' were the ones that said 'you' could
help us!

And it would go on and on.... We figured we had everyone at the whole
truckstop fighting with each other by the time we hung up.

So many crank phone calls....so little time to tell about them all.

Tritt :)

rach

Oct 5, 2001, 9:46:27 AM10/5/01
lol I do sort of the same thing now. If someone calls with a wrong number,
I'll say "Yeah, they're here, I'll get them for you" then hang up. They
never call back. I also picked up on something from Seinfeld dealing with
telemarketers. They will call and ask if I want a subscription to Toronto
Star and I'll be all excited and say YES! and hang up. There was something
someone sent me once as well dealing with a long distance company... went
along the lines of you playing really stupid and when they quote you ten
cents a minute, you take it to mean they pay you ten cents a minute to talk.

As far as people calling me and cranking, I'll pick up and they'll do their
little thing and I'll say..."you know, I don't care if you *67 to block your
number, you should really check to see if someone works FOR the phone
company before you do this" SILENCE..." so in other words mother fucker,
I'll hunt you down like a dog. Have a good day."

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
by and by..."
"there is no prosthesis for asshole"

DL

Oct 5, 2001, 12:40:00 PM10/5/01
Similar to a prank phone call, one summer in high school a friend and
I got hired to work on the landscaping for a new retiree apartment
building that my dad had designed. Note that this was adjacent to the
Episcopal Cathedral, who owned the property.

There was a large hillside facing the windows of the apartments,
across a small parking lot from the main part of the building, which
is six stories high. we were asked to pull all the weeds on the
hillside in preparation for planting some ground cover stuff.

We started first thing in the morning and decided, for God knows what
reason, to selectively pull out weeds so that it left giant letters on
the hillside spelling out F*CK YOU. As we were doing this we were
laughing so hard we kept falling down the hill and rolling to the
bottom. We left at mid day to go have lunch and play mini golf and
came back the next day to finish the job. We had one old guy ask us
about the words and we feigned ignorance, saying, "hmmm. doesn't look
like that to me!"

To this day I still laugh my head off about it.

Naz Reyes

Oct 5, 2001, 5:52:30 PM10/5/01
That's soo mean, LOL!

I got a phone call one time and the guy asked me if he could speak with either
CONNIE LINGUS or PHIL ASEO. I told him that, "no, but we have a Korean tenant
here named "SCREW YOO". Have a nice day, man!" :-)

-Naz

rach

Nanc

Oct 5, 2001, 7:18:36 PM10/5/01
I love this thread. These stories are hilarious!! We used to just call boys
we liked and ask for someone else just to hear them - doi!! My friend Zelia,
who would do almost anything on a dare, called a random number and talked
all sexy with the guy. She even eventually set up a date. When she called
him after they were supposed to meet, he said he was sooo sad she didn't
show up. I wonder why?LOL
Nanc

Crazy Fingers

Oct 5, 2001, 11:34:56 PM10/5/01
Tritt -

You should make mp3's out of some of these and link them to your site. I
know I'd be downloading all kinds of them.

--
United We Stand
Dustin

"Trittboy" <Trit...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Phaedra Alwell

Oct 6, 2001, 12:37:05 AM10/6/01
LOL Dixon thanks for the laugh!

I was always too afraid to prank call afraid they would call back

Phaedra ( scaredy cat : ) )

LizzieZ

Oct 6, 2001, 11:05:20 AM10/6/01
>Tritt -
>
>You should make mp3's out of some of these and link them to your site. I
>know I'd be downloading all kinds of them.

Isn't this how The Jerky Boys got famous? I'm pretty sure a lot of their stuff
was prank phone calls that they recorded and packaged.

Liz

Crazy Fingers

Oct 6, 2001, 11:29:36 AM10/6/01
I think so. I remember a 900 number in the back of Rolling Stone that you
could call to hear a phone prank. I didn't know it at the time, but it was a
Jerky Boys call.

--
United We Stand
Dustin

"LizzieZ" <liz...@aol.comedy> wrote in message

Dixon Hayes

Oct 6, 2001, 12:30:45 PM10/6/01
Liz wrote:

>Isn't this how The Jerky Boys got famous? I'm pretty sure a lot of their
>stuff
>was prank phone calls that they recorded and packaged.

Yes, and Tritt's calls already show more variety than the Jerky Boys!

Dixon
===========
"I'm not standing in the stag line with Old Man Perkins and a bunch of
slumped-over teenaged boys!"

Trittboy

Oct 6, 2001, 3:40:37 PM10/6/01
Why, thank you, Dixon! :)

Tritt...(very anti-Caller I.D.! ) hee hee hee...

Naz Reyes

Oct 6, 2001, 7:34:11 PM10/6/01
You wouldn't wanna do that, Rach. You'll never get any sleep :-)

Plus, you'd have to kill James if that was to happen :)

-Naz

rach

Oct 6, 2001, 10:38:31 PM10/6/01
He would definitely give you a hard time. He never liked any and I mean ANY
of my boyfriends and when he did meet my gay male friends, he didn't like
them either. I said "what the hell, they're GAY ... not like I am going to
get with them or anything" he just gets all snotty and says he just doesn't
approve. LOL

I think he'd like you though :)

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
by and by..."
"there is no prosthesis for asshole"
Naz Reyes <n...@american.edu> wrote in message

Kelly

Oct 6, 2001, 11:05:04 PM10/6/01

"Crazy Fingers" wrote
> I don't know what made me think of this, but:
>
> How many people remember doing phone pranks?

I have three relatively recent "pranks"

1)A few years ago on my younger sister's birthday
I had a bunch of people from my office call her to
leave her messages. Each one had something a
little personal about her.

The best was a guy from the office called saying
that he had a really "good" time with her, and he
would like to see her again if his wife doesn't
catch on. A few calls later was his "wife" saying
that he found her number in his pants pocket and
she was going to kill her for messing with her
husband.

2) I was pissed off at my brother Billy. I was at
my friend Kiersten's place, bored and decided to
get revenge. I had her call up pretending that she
met him in a bar. I gave her a fool proof bio of
"Ami", including info about the friends he hung
out with.

He took the bait. He admitted to not really
remembering her, but said he wanted to see her
again. He went as far as to invite her over to see
the water view he has in his bedroom.

We were going to set up a "date" with him at a bar
in Manhattan, that just happened to be were I hung
out. Of course Kiersten and I would be there the
night of his "date". I was planning on going over
to him, just to watch him squirm as he was stood
up. I can be a real bitch at times.

Unfortunately I told my then boyfriend of my
plans. Since he was an only child, he had no clue
of how sadistic siblings can be. He talked me out
of it. It would have been so much fun!!!!

3) This wasn't a phone prank, it was a mail prank.

I wanted to do something a little different for my
goddaughter Kristina's 15th birthday. I called her
mother (who has a warped sense of humor) and
gathered some tidbits of information on her. Since
Kristina was only 15 I made sure I had her
mother's blessing.

I gathered all kinds of cards (birthday and post
cards from all over) and brought them to work. I
was a travel agent in an ad agency. So I took
advantage of travelers, and their skills to write
BS.

She eventually started to get postcards from all
around the country. Each one said something
different about her, like things going on at
school, asking about her pets by name, anything
personal you could think of. It was great. The
cards came from as far away as Alaska (with the
proper postmarks). One guy had such a good time
with it he was sending her postcards after the
joke was over.

Unfortunately I had the wrong zip code for her in
my address book. When I sent her a real birthday
card from me she realized that they all were from
me. Damm! If you ever try this BE CAREFUL that the
address is correct.

Kelly

(sorry this is so long)

Dixon Hayes

Oct 7, 2001, 10:16:50 PM10/7/01
Kelly wrote:

>led saying
>that he had a really "good" time with her, and he
>would like to see her again if his wife doesn't
>catch on. A few calls later was his "wife" saying
>that he found her number in his pants pocket and
>she was going to kill her for messing with her
>husband.

Memo to myself: Don't...get...on...Kelly's...bad...side. There.

The Wanderer

antipos...@127.0.0.1

Oct 8, 2001, 3:58:25 PM10/8/01

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>There were a coupla people we used to mess with here-usually when we were
>playing hooky. The first one was Boris Frankenstein. You can guess what
kind
>of grief we gave him. And the other was a woman named Tillie Lipshitz. We
>would call tillie up and say I am looking to speak with Tillie Lipshitz
and
>she would answer "this is Tillie". And we would say "Tillie Lipshitz we
just
>want you to know that if your lip shits my ass whistles." Ands we would
give
>her a good wolf whistle.
> This was in the days of rotary phones, no caller ID and no star numbers.
>So we would ride roughshod over the phones as teenagers.
>
>--
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn

LOL, only in Brooklyn!

-------------------
"The only way to obtain what philosophy seeks -- a complete grasp of the world -- is to connect ourselves with history instead of contemplating it."

-Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Kelly

Oct 8, 2001, 7:55:58 PM10/8/01

"Dixon Hayes" wrote

> Kelly wrote:
>
> >led saying
> >that he had a really "good" time with her, and
he
> >would like to see her again if his wife doesn't
> >catch on. A few calls later was his "wife"
saying
> >that he found her number in his pants pocket
and
> >she was going to kill her for messing with her
> >husband.
>
> Memo to myself:
Don't...get...on...Kelly's...bad...side. There.

> Dixon

I don't think that what I did to my sister was
cruel. It was just in good fun. But if I would
have carried the joke on my brother out it would
have been cruel. I am not normally that bad, but
he deserves it sometimes.

Kelly

Kelly

Oct 8, 2001, 7:58:03 PM10/8/01

"The Wanderer" wrote

> Hey, when Kelly's pissed...I dont believe she
has any other side. The Queen
> can be devious as well as vulnerable.
>
> --

Buddy

from Brooklyn

I don't think you have ever had the pleasure of
seeing me totally pissed off, have you?

Kelly

The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Kelly

Oct 8, 2001, 9:32:01 PM10/8/01

"The Wanderer" wrote

> Maybe not TOTALLY, but I have seen a trace of
the dark side.

> --

Buddy

from Brooklyn

Moi? I have no dark side. I am all sweetness and
light.

Kelly

Eric M.

Oct 9, 2001, 1:45:27 PM10/9/01
Back when I was 12 or 13, my friend and I had a favorite prank we used
to play. We'd call up a random number, and when they answered we'd say,
"Mom, can you come pick me up now". The caller would say, "You've got
the wrong number". Then, we'd start crying and say that we were trying
to reach our mother to come pick us up from the movie theatre. We'd say
that she told us to call when the movie was over. Then, we'd say that
we didn't have any more money for the payphone and asked the victim if
they could call our mother for us and tell her to come pick us up. We'd
give her a random number. Then, we'd call another number with the same
story. Then, we'd give the 2nd victim the phone number for the 1st
victim. We thought that was so funny. Sometimes, we'd do it to 10 or
15 people in a sitting.

We also used to call random numbers and say, "Your cat is in my garden!"
And they usually would say, "I don't have a cat". Then we'd say, "Well,
I don't have a garden either".

One summer, my friend and I made literally hundreds of prank calls.
That's all we did all summer long. There was a small radio station in
town and every day at 1 PM, they had a call in show called "Trading
Post" where everyone would call up advertising their wares for sale.
That was one of our faves. We used to call up saying our name was Jack
Meoff, Eileen Dover, Sofonda Peters etc. We had a lot of fun with that.
BTW, my friend was a girl.

Depending on what mood I'm in, whenever a telemarketer calls, I'll say,
"What are you wearing?" That usually catches them off guard.
Occasionally, one will bite and tell me what they are wearing, to which
I feign excitement and interest. Then, I'll start groaning and moaning
and imply that I'm jerking off. They always hang up.

Eric

Nanc

Oct 10, 2001, 7:13:38 AM10/10/01
Welcome Eric. Are you a newbie? Funny stories BTW.
Nanc

rach

Oct 11, 2001, 2:04:51 PM10/11/01
I nominate YOU for king of all mischief makers!

rach

-617.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

Naz Reyes

Oct 11, 2001, 6:34:21 PM10/11/01
Speaking of phone pranks...have any of you guys seen the movie "Joy Ride"
yet? Man...you'd think THRICE about making phone pranks after seeing this
movie!

Oh, Rach...that guy from "Fast and the Furious" (the blondie) is in this
movie, and looking better than ever...LOL :)

-Naz

rach