I think its time for a survey

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 6, 2001, 5:46:26 PM1/6/01
Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
questions. Please jump right in:

1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?
3. Death Wish or Falling Down?
4. Styx or Kansas?
5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?
6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?
7. Hippies, punks or Goths?
8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?
9. Yes or Genesis?
10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?
11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?
13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?
14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
belong to)?
15. A memorably sad moment?
16. A memorably happy moment?
17. A memorably angry moment?
18. A moment of deep contentment?
19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?
20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?
21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?
22. Which country would you most want to visit?
23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?
24. Romans or Barbarians?
25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?
26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
27. Galileo or the Pope?
28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?
29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?
30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?
31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?
32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?
33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?
34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?
35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?
36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
37. favorite joke?
38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?
39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?
40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?
41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?
42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?
43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?
42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Zep77

Jan 6, 2001, 7:00:16 PM1/6/01
1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper? Mr. Roper
2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?Kramer
3. Death Wish or Falling Down? Falling Down
4. Styx or Kansas?Styx
5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?Frampton Comes Alive
6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?"We Are the World"
7. Hippies, punks or Goths?Hippies,
8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?Black Sabbath
9. Yes or Genesis?Yes
10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?Vinnie Barbarino
11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?Exorcist
12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?Soap
13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?"Miss You"
19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? at school in 10th grade
20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? at work
21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? in front of the TV
22. Which country would you most want to visit? ITALY
23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed? woodstock
24. Romans or Barbarians?Romans
26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?Cro-Magnons
27. Galileo or the Pope? Galileo
28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?
29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?
30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?
31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?Oliver Stone
32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?Scorsese
33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?DeNiro
34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?Malkovich
35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? 2001
36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? mcdonalds chicken
39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s? Schlock
43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?. Gumby
42. Monopoly or The Game of Life? Monopoly

MartiDave

Jan 6, 2001, 8:10:36 PM1/6/01
In article <938781$b96$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, antipos...@my-deja.com writes:

>1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?

Mr. Roper

>2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Rev. Jim

>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Falling Down
>4. Styx or Kansas?

Tie

>5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Bat out of Hell

>6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

We Are the World

>7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Hippies, if forced to choose

>8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Deep Purple
>9. Yes or Genesis?
Yes

>10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Vinnie

>11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Niether

>12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Soap

>13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Miss You

>14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

I was a jock and a holy roller

>15. A memorably sad moment?

Death of Grandfather in 1974 one month after Grandma died

>16. A memorably happy moment?

Many. My future wife saying yes 11/4/79 Yes the same day the hostages were
taken I used to go around saying. Engagement day 117.

>17. A memorably angry moment?

Mets trade Tom Seaver 6/15/77

>18. A moment of deep contentment?

Any graduation, also marriage and kids born

>19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

In my old HS gym shooting hoops. I was home on college break

>20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

In my office at the Hozhoni Foundation in Flagstaff

>21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

At home.

>22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Canada, any invitations?

>23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

D-Day
>24. Romans or Barbarians?
Romans, loved their numbers!

>25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?

Athenians

>26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

Bolsheviks
>26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
Cro-Magnons

>27. Galileo or the Pope?

Galileo, although I kinda dig the pope's hat.

>28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

As the son of a riot police officer, but also as a committed advocate of public
protest, I respectfully abstain.

>29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

Which is which?

>30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Coen

>31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Neither

>32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

FFC

>33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

Both, or Robert DuVall

>34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

DaFoe

>35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2001

>36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

Chicken
>37. favorite joke?
This Rabbi, Priest and Minister walk into a bar and the bartender says, "What
is this, A Joke!"

>38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

Don't know

>39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

Halloween

>40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

Don't Know

>41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

People's Choice Awards

>42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Lawrence Welk for music. Hee Haw because I was a teenage boy.

>43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Davey and Goliath

>42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Life or even better, Careers

Dave Spiegel

Endymion9

Jan 6, 2001, 8:23:04 PM1/6/01
Choices below.

--
Dennis/Endy
~dancing us from the darkest nights is the rhythm of love powered by the

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
> questions. Please jump right in:
>
> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?

Roper

> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Kramer

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Falling Down
> 4. Styx or Kansas?

Styx

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Frampton

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

Neither

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Hippies but my first choice is Beatnic/bohemians

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Black Sabbath

> 9. Yes or Genesis?
Yes

> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Vinnie

> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Exorcist

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Tough choice. If you throw in Fernwood Tonight and America Tonight the
sequels I'll have to go with Mary Hartman

> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Miss You

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

I fit in with all of them. Always had my straight friends wanting to fight
with my doper friends.

> 15. A memorably sad moment?

Hmm. In the 70s...mainly just hated living "under my parents thumb" and
couldn't wait to get out "on my own".

> 16. A memorably happy moment?

The Joy of Jesus. Getting saved, going to retreats with hippy type cool
youth pasters, etc. in the early 70s.

> 17. A memorably angry moment?

When I found out the Marine recruiter had lied to me much more than I had
originally thought and screwed me out of a $1500 signing bonus he promised.

> 18. A moment of deep contentment?

I used to love playing Strat-O-Matic baseball, football and basketball games
in my room.

> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

Can't remember. If it happened between 79-83 on a Marine base somewhere
probably.

> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

In a motel lobby where half the people cheered and half cussed.

> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

In Greece with my family on a summer vacation at my grandfather's house.

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Revisit Greece as an adult.

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

I like ~~Right here right now, there is no other place I want to be~~ [Jesus
Jones]
> 24. Romans or Barbarians?
Romans
> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans? You mean Spartans??
Athenians

> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

Too ignorant to choose.
> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
Ditto

> 27. Galileo or the Pope?

Galileo

> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

Yuck on both.

> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

Yuck on both.

> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Coen

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Oliver Stone

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Coppola

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

DeNiro usually, although Pacino does have his moments, but Robert is more
consistent.

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

Dafoe. Ever see White Sands??

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2000. When did you begin? At age 0 or age 1? <grin>.

> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

Egg
> 37. favorite joke?
The Atlanta Braves and Atlanta Falcons were sharing the Georgia Dome for a
practice session. Bobby Cox walked up to Dan Reeves and says "you know
baseball players have got to be the dumbest jocks in the world. Watch this."
Cox calls over Javey Lopez and says "Javy, go buy me a Mercedes Benz.
Here's a quarter." And tosses Javy a quarter. Javy says "Ok coach" and
takes off running.
Cox says "See what I mean?"
Dan Reeves says "That's nothing. Football players are even dumber jocks.
Watch this." Reeves calls over Jamal Anderson and says "Jamal. Go look in
my office and see if I'm there." Jamal says "Ok coach" and takes off
running. Reeves and Cox just shake their heads.
A few minutes later Javy and Jamal run into each other in a corredor. Javy
says "Something must be wrong with Bobby Cox today. He told me the craziest
thing. He gave me a quarter and told me to go buy him a Mercedes Benz. And
he didn't even tell me what color he wanted."
Jamal says "That's weird but I think Dan Reeves is even crazier. He told me
to go to his office and see if he was there. Can you believe that? And he
had a cell phone in his hand he could have called and checked for himself."

My second favorite joke
An auburn football player goes in a travel agency which has an office
overlooking a river. He says "I saw the sign for all expense paid cruise
for $100 and I want one." The travel agent says ok give me $100." The
Auburn player slaps $100 on the table. The travel agent walks behind him,
picks up a baseball bat and hits him in the head knocking the player out.
He ties his hands and feet with a cord and throws him out the back door into
the river.
A few minutes later an Alabama football player enters the travel agency
asking for the $100 cruise. He pays his money, gets knocked out, tied up
and thrown in the river too.
About an hour later the Auburn and Alabama football players have floated a
ways down the river and wake up floating next to each other. The Auburn
player asks "You think they are going to server dinner on this cruise?"
The Alabama player answers, "They didn't last year."

> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

I don't think it was low budget but Forbidden Planet is a fav of mine from
the 50s.

> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

Black Christmas

> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

I can't think of a "low budget" one I've watched made in the last 3 years.

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

Oscars

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Hee Haw. Because of Lisa Todd, Linda Thompson, Marianne Rogers, and all the
other lovely Hee Haw Ladies.

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Davey & Goliath

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Monopoly

LazyGirl

Jan 6, 2001, 8:57:37 PM1/6/01

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
> questions. Please jump right in:
>
> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
Furley

> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Jim

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Death Wish

> 4. Styx or Kansas?
Styx

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Frampton

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

We are the world

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Hippies

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Deep purple

> 9. Yes or Genesis?
Yes

> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?
Vinnie

> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Exorcist

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Soap

> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Miss you

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

all of 'em (jocks, deadheads, preppies)

> 15. A memorably sad moment?

Challenger explosion

> 16. A memorably happy moment?

Too many to pick just one

> 17. A memorably angry moment?

Catching my first boyfriend cheating

> 18. A moment of deep contentment?

Conspiring with the girl he cheated with me on to simultaneously dump the
jerk!

> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

In my 6th grade classroom

> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

At work.

> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

In my momma's womb

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Australia

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

Woodstock

> 24. Romans or Barbarians?
Romans

> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
Athenians

> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

Bolsheviks

> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
Cro mags

> 27. Galileo or the Pope?

Galileo

> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

Yippies

> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

East coast

> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Ferrellys

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Spike

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Coppola

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

DeNiro

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

Dafoe

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2001

> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

Egg

> 37. favorite joke?
too naughty to say here

> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

Creature from the Black Lagoon (in 3D)

> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

Basket Case

> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

Blair Witch Project (low budget, but not schlock)

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

Golden Globes

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Lawrence Welk

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

D & G

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Life all the way!!

Dixon Hayes

Jan 6, 2001, 9:34:31 PM1/6/01
>1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
Mr Furley

>2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Rev Jim ("What...does...the...yellow...light...
mean?)

>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Death Wish was a better-made movie

>4. Styx or Kansas?
Kansas

>5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

uh...(looks around then ducks) Frampton

>6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

WATW

>7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

hippies

>8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Deep Purple

>9. Yes or Genesis?
Genesis

>10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Tony

>11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

The Exorcist

>12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Soap

>13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Miss You

>14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

I guess the nerds

>15. A memorably sad moment?

waking up in 1983 and finding out our beloved family dog had died of pneumonia

>16. A memorably happy moment?

winning a trip to Hollywood, then seeing the sign on the hill the first time as
I went down the 101

>17. A memorably angry moment?

my boss calling me into his office to tell me I was fired, and pretending to be
my friend

>18. A moment of deep contentment?

I have no idea why, but one day in Summer 1985, I was working on the loading
dock of a Pizitz department store, and my friend William and I left to go
deliver some furniture...he filled up the van and went inside to pay for the
gas while I bought a Cherry Coke and sat outside and drank it...while I was
sitting there, waiting for him, in the parking lot of the Rainbow City Union
76, my arm hanging
the window, a beautiful monarch butterfly landed on my finger, and sat there a
good ten minutes...just stayed there. I chased butterflies all through my
childhood but never ever caught one, and this one just lit on me...it was still
there when William got into the truck and he was just as overwhelmed as I was
(and he is not easily impressed with anything). I had to shake it off my
finger so we could leave. That would be it for deep contentment, an otherwise
simple moment that stuck with me.

>19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

I was at a quiz bowl tournament and we had just won the only game of the day,
when someone ran in and told us someone tried to shoot Reagan. While I was
watching CNN we got the word Reagan had actually been hit, and a female team
member held onto my shoulder when she heard the news.

>20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

I had to do a story on it...I was watching in a jury room at a courthouse,
along with a
group of unassigned jurors

>21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

I was at the home of some friends of the family, it happened on Rook night. We
got to stay up late and spent the night there. I was five and I even walked
out on their back patio to see if I could see the astronauts by looking at the
moon with my naked eye.

>22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Ireland

>23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

the Times Square celebration marking V-E day

>24. Romans or Barbarians?
Romans

>25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
Athenians

>26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

Bolsheviks...at least their hearts were in the right place (just kidding)

>26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
Cro-magnons

>27. Galileo or the Pope?

Galileo

>28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

Yippies

>29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

east coast

>30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Coens all the way

>31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Spike Lee seems more diverse

>32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Coppola with the Godfather movies, Scorsese overall

>33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

I would give a bare edge to DeNiro

>34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

Malkovich

>35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

I'll say 2000

>36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

chicken

>37. favorite joke?
The one about the Auburn students who got on their tractors and decided to head
to Disneyworld...they got on the interstate and saw the sign that said "Disney
World--LEFT" so they sadly turned around and went home...

>38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

Plan 9 from Outer Space

>39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

>40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

haven't seen any newer ones

>41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

Oscars

>42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Hee Haw

>43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Gumby

>42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Monopoly

Dixon
=============
"That's something you can't talk enough about...sin!"
--Barney Fife

Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

recsec

Jan 6, 2001, 10:54:39 PM1/6/01

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
> questions. Please jump right in:
>
> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper? Both

> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski? Iggy!!!

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down? Falling Down

> 4. Styx or Kansas? Styx

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"? Peter Tamp ah Frampton!!

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"? We Are The World

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths? Hippies

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple? Deep Purple

> 9. Yes or Genesis? Yes Genesis hehe!! No really Yes!!!

> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero? Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba-Barbarino!!! Start to
feel who you are!!

> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Here's one for you, I
have NEVER seen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre so it'll have to be The
Exorcist.

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? As funny as it is for someone to
die in a bowl of soup I have to go with Soap.

> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"? Miss You.

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to

> belong to)? I was in F.F.A. so all us Kikkers hung together.

> 15. A memorably sad moment? Tuesday 8-16-77 2:30 p.m.

> 16. A memorably happy moment? Saturday 1-1-00 midnight when Skynyrd came
out & joined ZZ on Jailhouse Rock!!! Man did that rock or what?!?!?

> 17. A memorably angry moment?
> 18. A moment of deep contentment?

> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? At a friends house. I was worried
as all get out about Pres. Reagan's health while my buddy was crackin' wise
about it. I had to get down on him about that.

> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? At home in front of
the TV. Had to go to work at that time but had to hear it. Got me madder
than hell. Still get that way when I see that murderin' piece of %#$@ on TV.
Wonder if his search for the real killer ever lead him to the Hall of
Mirrors at the carnival.

> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? At home in my
Batman pajamas.

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit? More of America.

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed? The
Battle Of San Jacinto.

> 24. Romans or Barbarians?
> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?
> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
> 27. Galileo or the Pope?
> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?
> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?
> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone? Oliver Stone.

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola? Francis Ford

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino? You talkin' to me?? You must be talkin' to
me!!

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? Y2G

> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? The chicken!!! The egg is
formed inside a chicken. Got to have a chicken in order to form an egg.

> 37. favorite joke? Well shoot I can't think of one. Probably just a
certain politicians name tho. That's enough for me to laff.

> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s? The Raven
with Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, & a VERY young Jack
Nicholson.

> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s? S-S-S-S-S-S-S with
Strother Martin.

> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years? Blair Witch

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards? Oscar

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show? I'm from Texas. Buck & Roy were
welcome guests in our house. Lawrence who??

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath? Daaaaaveyyyy!!!

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life? My Texas version of Monopoly
Billy (Very good one there Tom!!! Very good indeed!)

aleen

Jan 7, 2001, 12:28:12 AM1/7/01

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote in message
<938781$b96$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
>questions. Please jump right in:
>
>1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
Mr. Roper

>2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Rev. Jim!

>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Falling Down, that scene in McDonalds is CLASSIC!!!

>4. Styx or Kansas?
Styx, I just love Crystal Ball!

>5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Frampton Comes Alive, MEATLOAF SUCKS!!

>6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

Please, Tom, I just ate! :-)

>7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Punks!

>8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Deep Purple, I just love Ian Gillan, though Sabbath had some great qualities
too...

>9. Yes or Genesis?
Genesis, with Peter Gabriel as lead singer...Yes is ok too though...

>10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Whut? Barbarino of course!

>11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Exorcist

>12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Tie!

>13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Miss You

>14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

I TRIED to fit in with the cheerleader "popular" crowd but I found the artsy
crowd who wore all black and smoked much more accepting of me! :-) I was a
band geek too!

>15. A memorably sad moment?

Growing apart from one of my oldest and closest friends. She and I had so
much in common and had some great wild times together! Then she met this
guy and overnight alienated all of her friends, including myself, even
though I tried to stick it out longer than any of her other friends. She
became a different person almost right away, and almost took on the
personality of her significant other, condescending and pretentious. I was
going through a very messy breakup at the time and a typical "night out"
with her would now consist of watching her and her boyfriend (now husband)
bask in their undying love, almost rubbing it in, really nice. After awhile
I just lost my will to try and even salvage any sort of remaining
friendship, but I miss tremendously the person she once was.

>16. A memorably happy moment?

I can't think of just one, most of my life is just one big happy moment
after another! When I'm with people I care about deeply, I'm tremendously
happy! I'm always having fun and always enjoying myself, so I would have to
say the majority of my life is a happy moment!

>17. A memorably angry moment?

I don't get angry very often, but I remember a few years ago being very
upset when I got screwed over for a promotion at work and the person who got
it worked there for a FRACTION of the time that I worked there!!! And when
I asked why I didn't get the promotion they basically told me "because
you're 23, and she's 40" GRRRRR!!!

>18. A moment of deep contentment?

When I finally realized that teaching children is my forte!

>19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

I think I was at home with my mom.

>20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

I was still in university, I think I found out when I got home from work
that night.

>21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

I was but a fleeting thought, I was only born in 1975 :-)

>22. Which country would you most want to visit?

England to visit my dad's relatives.

>23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

Gosh I don't know!

>24. Romans or Barbarians?
>25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
>26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?
>26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
>27. Galileo or the Pope?
>28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?
>29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

UMMMM... to 24-29!

>30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Ferrelly Brothers

>31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Oliver Stone, even though I don't care too much for either director, but I
also liked Spike Lee's "Crooklyn"

>32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Scorsese

>33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

Pacino...but this is embarrassing, I often get DeNiro and Pacino mixed up!
:-)

>34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

John Malkovich

>35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2000!

>36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

<rusty wheels of my mind turning slowly> the egg?? no, the chicken....no
wait...

>37. favorite joke?
I really don't know!

>38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up
Zombies

>39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

The Thing With Two Heads!!! Anyone remember this movie? The dying white
bigot gets his head put onto the body of a black convict! And during the
whole movie you get to see the two heads punching one another and the
convicts wife saying "I know you don't like for me to ask questions but do
you have two of EVERYTHING??" oh man that's a true classic!!!

>40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

hmmmm, good question, I prefer the old ones actually!

>41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

the Ace Awards!

>42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

The Lawrence Welk Show, especially the one where the lady's wig fell off,
true classic tv!

>43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Davey and Goliath! Geeeee Daaaavey

>42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Game of Life, even though my sister and I fought over who got the red car!

How about you Tom?? What are your answers?

have a great day guys!!! :-)

aleen the karaoke queen

CARTRA56

Jan 7, 2001, 12:28:17 AM1/7/01

1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?eww!

2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?
Jim
3. Death Wish or Falling Down? Death Wish

4. Styx or Kansas? Styx
5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"? Bat Out of Hell
6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?We are the World
7. Hippies, punks or Goths? Hippies
8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?Black Sabbath

9. Yes or Genesis? Genesis
10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero? Tony?
11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The Exorcist
12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? Soap
13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"? Do You Think I'm Sexy

14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to belong
to)? None and didn't want to

15. A memorably sad moment?
When we had to put our cats to sleep after almost 20 years

16. A memorably happy moment?
Getting Married and the birth of my children.

17. A memorably angry moment?
What my company is putting us all through now!
18. A moment of deep contentment? My last bday, on the couch with my husband
watching As Time Goes By.
19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? I don't remember...probably home.
20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? Don't Remember.

21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?
Don't remember what year?
22. Which country would you most want to visit? Germany where my girlfriend
moved to over 20 years ago. Australia is my dream vacation though.

23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?
I don't know.
24. Romans or Barbarians? Not heavy on the choices here...
25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans? Athenians...I don't know
26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists? Huh?
26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons? mmm, men today?
27. Galileo or the Pope? Galileo
28. The Yippies or the Chicago police? Yippies
29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers? East
30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers? Not sure.

31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?
Spike Lee
32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola? Both

33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?
Both
34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe? Willem Dafoe
35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? 2001
36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? who cares?
37. favorite joke? gosh, I never can remember them to tell!

38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?
War of the Worlds? What does Shlock mean?

39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?
Easy Rider? again shlock?

40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?
Scarey Movie?
41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards? Peoples Choice
42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show? My records in my room!

43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?
Gumby
42. Monopoly or The Game of Life? Life

Ok, well...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Can't wait to read everyone elses!
Carla, Hippie Mom

Molly

Jan 7, 2001, 12:41:24 AM1/7/01
My answers are in the quotation in parenthesis.

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote:

> [...]

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"? (Bat Out of Hell)
> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"? (We Are The World)
> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths? (Punks)
> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple? (Deep Purple)
> 9. Yes or Genesis? (Both)
> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero? (Vinnie Barbarino)
> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? (Neither)
> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? (Soap)
> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"? (Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?)

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to

> belong to)? I belonged to the "music geeks", those who were
> involved in the music program)
> 15. A memorably sad moment? (Two years ago when my grandmother died.)
>
> 16. A memorably happy moment? (Seeing Squeeze in concert for the
> first time.)
> 17. A memorably angry moment? (Finding out I missed The Barenaked
> Ladies in concert last month.)
> 18. A moment of deep contentment? (Having my new kitten Sabrina sleep
> on my lap)
> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? (In school)
> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? (In my
> apartment in Buffalo)
> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? (Not even
> a glimmer in my parents eyes)
> 22. Which country would you most want to visit? (The UK)

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

> (Live Aid)
> 24. Romans or Barbarians? (Hmm)
> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans? (don't know)
> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists? (don't know)
> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons? (hey Tom, are you feeling okay :P)
> 27. Galileo or the Pope? (Galileo)
> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police? (I don't know)
> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers? (neither)
> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers? (Coen Brothers)
> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone? (Oliver Stone)
> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola? (Francis Ford Coppola)
> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino? (Al Pacino)
> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe? (John Malkovich)
> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? (2001)
> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? (What drugs have you
> been taking young man? :))
> 37. favorite joke? (Knock, knock Who's there? Doctor. Doctor Who?,
> *horn playing*)
> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s? (Plan
> 9 From Outer Space)
> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s? (Attack of the
> Killer Tomatoes)
> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years? (don't
> know)

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

> (Oscars)
> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show? (Hee Haw)
> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath? (Davey and Goliath)
> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life? (Monopoly)

rach

Jan 7, 2001, 1:44:42 AM1/7/01

> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?

Mr F

> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

KRAMER!

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Falling Down

> 4. Styx or Kansas?

No

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

umm...

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

We are the world

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Hippies with Goths at a close second

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Deep Purple

> 9. Yes or Genesis?

No

> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Vinnie

> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

The Exorcist

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

No

> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Do ya...

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

Started out a preppie, then a goth, then a houser chick with big hair

> 15. A memorably sad moment?

when, as the priest read the ashes to ashes thing over my dad at the grave
site and my mom reached out her hand to the casket

> 16. A memorably happy moment?

when I got out of retail for good (sorry this is so corny, but I am not
happy at the moment so this was a hard one to think of)

> 17. A memorably angry moment?

when my friend told my boyfriend I was pregnant and he responded with "how
does she know its mine?"

> 18. A moment of deep contentment?

I am *never* content.

> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

Mr Shantz' fourth grade class

> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

working at the Gap at Toronto Eaton Centre. The cashier's husband called to
tell us. I remember this guy that worked there too kicked the wall and said
Bastard. No one else knew what to say.

> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

A twinkle in my daddy's ete

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Egypt

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

Woodstock

> 24. Romans or Barbarians?

Romans

> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?

Athenians

> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

czarists

> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?

Neantherthals

> 27. Galileo or the Pope?

Galileo...

> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

Yippies

> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

West coast baby

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Spike Lee for Crooklyn

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Francis for giving us the Godfather2

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

DENIRO

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

John Malkovich

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2001

> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

the chicken

> 37. favorite joke?

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

People's choice

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Hee Haw

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Gumby!

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Monopoly
(well Trivial Pursiut but I don't like to change these things)

Beatlfilms

Jan 7, 2001, 1:44:31 AM1/7/01
antipos...@my-deja.com said:

>1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?

Mr. Roper.

>2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Reverend Jim

>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Falling Down

>4. Styx or Kansas?
Styx

>5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Bat Out Of Hell

>6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

War Is Over If You Want It!

>7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Hippies

>8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Black Sabbath

>9. Yes or Genesis?
Genesis

>10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?
Vinnie Barbarino

>11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

The Exorcist

>12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Soap

>13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Both!

>14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

I was editor of the school newspaper

>15. A memorably sad moment?

John Lennon's death

>16. A memorably happy moment?

Watching the births of my two kids.

>17. A memorably angry moment?

Too many to count unfortunately...

>18. A moment of deep contentment?

Walking along the beach this summer with my wife and kids.

>19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

I remember it being announcement in a class.

>20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

Watching CNN at home.

>21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

Probably playing with blocks or something!

>22. Which country would you most want to visit?

England

>23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

The February 9, 1964 Ed Sullivan Show taping

>24. Romans or Barbarians?
The book of Romans was pretty good. Don't recall much from the book of
Barbarians. :-)

>25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?

One shouldn't use ancient Trojans. Remember to recycle your stock regularly to
ensure freshness and effectiveness! :-)

>26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

No thanks, I'm still full from dinner.

>26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
Troglodytes!

>27. Galileo or the Pope?

Hey, isn't that first guy the one mentioned in "Bohemian Rhapsody"? And the
second guy there, didn't he have something to do with Sinead O'Connor?

>28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

Bad scene, that.

>29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

Could personally do without either one.

>30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Ferrelly Brothers

>31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Oliver Stone

>32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Martin Scorsese

>33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

Robert DeNiro

>34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

John Malkovich

>35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

Emotionally, 2000; technically, 2001.

>36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

>37. favorite joke?
Hear about the wallet made out of elephant foreskin? Rub it and it turns into a
suitcase.

>38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

Plan Nine From Outer Space

>39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

Don't know if it counts, but the first thing I thought of was Car Wash.

>40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

Can't think of any

>41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

Oscars

>42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Hee Haw

>43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Gumby, dammit! :-)

>42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Monopoly

Shawn

rach

Jan 7, 2001, 1:47:47 AM1/7/01
Anytime Dave... just tell us when and we'll show!

The Wanderer

Jan 7, 2001, 2:15:37 AM1/7/01
> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
Neither really. I found them both to be rather annoying.
> 2. Rev. Jim Ignatowski
Tom, you've met me and I sometimes think that to you I must seem like Rev.
Jim (only a "little" more articulate).

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down?
Both. There are moments that I want to do those exact same things. And that,
indeed, is what made those movies hits. We all identified in a gut level
completely.
> 4. Styx or Kansas?
No preference.

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?
No question! Bat Out Of Hell. I could relate and identify with Meatloaf (and
Jim Steinman) 100%. But I can not relate to some "girlyman" held out to the
world as someone's idea of "c____bait". And that was what he was (although
he did have some talent). He was held out as the next Rock messiah and fell
sadly short.

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?
Tough one. But because of the lack of commercialization I would have to go
with Hands Across America (and I still have the T shirt although it doesn't
fit anymore-my fault). Also hands brings up a nice memory of me with my
daughter. Her mother was working that day and I wasn't. So I explained to
her what it was all about and took her down to Battery Park in Manhattan to
be part of it. At the appropriate moment we and the several thousand people
all held hands and broke out into a chorus of America The Beautiful, then
God Bless America. It brought tears to my eyes.

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths?
Hippies, definitely. Because I believe that the underlying rationale of us
hippies was a deep and undying love of what this country was SUPPOSED to be,
and be about. We just didn't see it happening and tried through
demonstrations, and what have you, to get it back on track. Punks and Goths
seem to not care about much of anything and just want to party IMHO. And
remember skinheads were part and parcel of the punk audience. And the
neo-nazis seem to like punk quite a bit too. Goth, I dont know that much
about. But the only people from my experience who paint their faces and put
on costumes to go out at night were hookers
> 8. Deep Purple
Definitely. A band so overtalented and over egoed that they just had to burn
themselves out (the Ian Gillan, Ian Paice, Jon Lord, Ricjhie Blackmore and
Roger Glover version which is the only version I listen to). Ozzy and the
guys seemed to me to be too freakish and pretenders (with a couple of good
songs).
> 9. Yes. No question.
> 10. Vinnie Barbarino by a slight margin. I mean hey, yo, we got us two
Brooklyn Italian guys here. Ya know?! My God, you gotta ask dis question?
When I grew up we were all some approximation of the Vinnie Barbarino
character. And we hated those new disco type Tony Manero guys. They weren't
about nothing but a bunch of fancy clothes, and acting almost effiminate
with all of theit narcissistic staring in the mirror and going to a HAIR
DRESSER to get a Permanent or a Body Wave. Sitting under dryers and stuff.
They looked sharp but we didn't care. Then we saw how the girls changed
their entire outlooks depending on how a guy was dressed and if he could
dance. So some of my friends went Disco. Tony Maneros shining moment in the
film was sitting on the bench on Shore Road talking about the bridge and
stuff. For one moment he was more that clothes and hair grease.
> 11. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
I laughed all the way through The Exorcist.
> 12. Soap.
I though MHMH was a curious show. But watched it even though it never made
me laugh.
> 13."Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"
More than Miss You but both geat songs. They said that this was Rod
Stewart's nod to disco. It was also mine.

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?
We were a gang (a real one like the Jets or Sharks and had been in gang
fights) but once the guys started to use guns, AND we started smoke pot
regularly, the gang fights went away. So now we were hippies, or freaks (who
now believed in peace because we had experienced war on the streets and went
to funerals regularly). It was like George Carlin said "When grass came
around our neighborhood: all the gang fighting went away."

> 15. A memorably sad moment?
The assassination of John Kennedy. Or John Lennon. Or when my best friend
went into diabetic shock and died after doing a quart of Jack, a couple of
grams of coke, and a case of beer (we still wonder if he was trying to kill
himself). My sister's death from cirhossis. My mother's death from
complications of alcoholism. And the biggest one was when my wife told me
that she didn't love me anymore and was leaving, taking my son.

> 16. A memorably happy moment?
Anytime I fell in love. Best drug I've ever found: love.

> 17. A memorably angry moment?
Kent State.
> 18. A moment of deep contentment? See 16 add the right party, add one (or
more) orgasms for both, stir briskly.
> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? I wasn't there. It wasn't me. I
wish I HAD donr it. I woulda done it right.
> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? At home watching it
on TV. I couldn't believe it.
> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? I'm tempted to
say "Walking right by his side." But no, I was in Central Park watching it
on giant TV screens that the networks had put up so that all New Yorkers
could come out and see thia historic moment.

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit?
Italy.
> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed? The
creation, you know the REAL one. Where the Extraterestrials came down to
this dea planet and sarted those DNA experiments that have become "us".
Hence: no missing link.
> 24. Romans
Like the Mafia they usually didn'y just mess with people. There were rules
and as long as you folowed the rules and kept a low profile you could
probably live out your life span, a whole 33 years unfettered.

> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
Tempted to say Athenians-a higher culture.

> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?
No particular lean on this one.
> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
Cro Magnon. Hell my ex wife swears I am one anyway. But more brain function
and more human like.

> 27. Galileo or the Pope?
The Pope. Why? Like Mel Brooks said ":It's GOOD to be King!" In the modern
day he's got the world's largest library of pornography. Presides over the
world's largest tax free organization that has some of the largest Real
Estate holdings in the world. People will have sex or not have sex on his
say so (and who wouldn't like to have a power like THAT?). But in the past
he ruled over the Holy Roman Empire. Was able to call Crusades. Was able to
have Gallileo put to death just because he didn't like his theories. We've
had married popes, women popes (only once and it was a secret and is still
denied by that organization). We've had popes with mistresses. And whatever
the Pope says on matters of faith is LAW and "divinely inspired." Who
wouldn't lik to have that job??!!!

> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?
Yippies. Read the Commision Report. The police force was AT WAR against the
people in the city of Chicago at the time (i.e. Fred Hampton & Bobby Hutton)
and took orders from their fuhrer Richard Daley.

> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?
They should all be killed. Give them all some guns and put them in a
football stadium with one microphone. That will take care of it all.

> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?
Dont know enough about either as I said in our Starbucks conversation.

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?
Oliver Stone. But every great so often Spike does something that really
stands out.

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?
Scorcese. No question

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?
Bobby boy, if ya gotta ask.

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?
Toughie. Cant answer it.

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?
Wow, man, ya mean a new millenium bgan and I wasn't here for it! Man,
somebody shoulda told me. 2001!

> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
The rooster.
> 37. favorite joke?
Too many.

> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?
High School Confidential.
> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s? Last House On The
Left (and it aint Schlock....exactly).
> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years? Dont go to
the movies often.
> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards? Who
cares?

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?
SSSALLUUUTE

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?
Gumby. I hate assholes who try to preach to me.

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?
Never played the game of life. I'm too busy livin' it, and tryin' to catch
up.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

The Wanderer

Jan 7, 2001, 2:15:38 AM1/7/01
"Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message

> >2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?
> Rev Jim ("What...does...the...yellow...light...
> mean?)

Slower!

Kelly

Jan 7, 2001, 2:38:44 AM1/7/01

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message .com...

> > >2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?
> > Rev Jim ("What...does...the...yellow...light...
> > mean?)
>
> Slower!

whaaaatttttt doooooes thhhhe yelllllooooow liiiiightttt mmmmmeaannnn?

Dixon Hayes

Jan 7, 2001, 2:45:21 AM1/7/01
Buddy wrote:

>> >2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?
>> Rev Jim ("What...does...the...yellow...light...
>> mean?)
>
>Slower!

If you ever catch a rerun of that episode pay close attention to the other
actors in the scene. You will notice them shifting around to keep from
bursting out laughing...

Kelly

Jan 7, 2001, 2:58:21 AM1/7/01

> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper? Mr Roper

> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski? Rev Jim of course

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down? Falling Down

> 4. Styx or Kansas? Styx

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"? "Bat Out of Hell

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"? neither

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths? Goths

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple? Black Sabbath

> 9. Yes or Genesis? neither

> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero? Vinnie Barbarino.

> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The Exorcist

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? Soap

> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"? "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy"

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to

> belong to)? We hung out in the handball courts mostly. I dont know if
that counts as a faction.

> 15. A memorably sad moment? When I realized that my grandfather passing
away was not a bad dream.

> 16. A memorably happy moment? 26 Dec 2000 Not a moment, but one of the
best days I have had in ages. I took my oldest nephew (11) and my niece (9)
into Manhattan for the day. After skating at Rockefeller Plaza, the Empire
State Building, etc both of them said to me it was the best day they ever
had ..... it was mine too.

> 17. A memorably angry moment? Getting in a huge fight in a bar with my
friend Mike because he wanted to go home with a coworker of ours who was
married. He won the fight. Got his heart broken, and yes I rubbed it in!

> 18. A moment of deep contentment? this is tough to do without writing a
novel. The more I think about this, the more I remember.

> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? I remember watching the coverage
on TV, I have no idea where I was doing when the shots rang out.
> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? Working in an ad
agency in NYC

> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? I was too young
to remember

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit? Ireland

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed? Good
question Tom, I have no clue

> 24. Romans or Barbarians? Barbarians of course

> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans? Athenians

> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists? Czarists

> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons? Neantherthals

> 27. Galileo or the Pope? do you mean this Pope, or all them?

> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police? neither

> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers? neither

> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers? who?

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone? both get on my nerves at times

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola? Scorsese

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino? DeNiro

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe? Malkovich

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? Both are just a random
date. I am just happy all the hype is over.

> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? egg

> 37. favorite joke? I have two

Q) Why do all the trees in Philadelphia lean towards the east?

A) Because NJ sucks

Q) Why are NYers so nasty?

A) Because NJ is the light at the end of the tunnel.

> 38. -40 favorite low budget schlock movie - the Godzilla movies

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards? I dislike
awards shows.

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show? Lawrence Welk

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath? Davey and Goliath

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life? Monopoly

recsec

Jan 7, 2001, 3:32:42 AM1/7/01

> > 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? I wasn't there. It wasn't me. I
> wish I HAD donr it. I woulda done it right.

Hey now!!! Talk like that will cause me to hafta invest in a good 'ol rope
now!!!
Billy

recsec

Jan 7, 2001, 3:31:33 AM1/7/01

"Kelly" <kwit...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> > 37. favorite joke? I have two
>
> Q) Why do all the trees in Philadelphia lean towards the east?
>
> A) Because NJ sucks

We have one like that down here. It goes:

Why doesn't Texas fall off into the Gulf of Mexico?

Because Oklahoma sucks.

Also there's:
Oklahoma is the land where men are men & sheep are scared.
Billy

azure

Jan 7, 2001, 3:28:36 AM1/7/01

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
> questions. Please jump right in:
>

> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper? Mr. Roper
> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski? Rev. Jim

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down? Falling Down
> 4. Styx or Kansas? Styx

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"? Bat out of Hell
> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"? Neither
> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths? Hippies

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple? Black Sabbath

> 9. Yes or Genesis? Yes
> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero? Vinnie Barbarino
> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The Exorcist
> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? Soap
> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"? Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to

> belong to)? I was my own high school faction
> 15. A memorably sad moment? when my best friend died
> 16. A memorably happy moment? meeting the love of my life
> 17. A memorably angry moment? my entire divorce (not the love of my life)
> 18. A moment of deep contentment? any time spent w/ the love of my life
> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? school
> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? home
> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? don't know
> 22. Which country would you most want to visit? re-visit England
> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed? first
flight

> 24. Romans or Barbarians? Romans

> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans? Athenians
> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists? Cxarists

> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons? Cro-Magnons

> 27. Galileo or the Pope? Galileo
> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police? The Yippies
> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers? east coast rappers
> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers? Coen Brothers
> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone? Oliver Stone
> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola? Martin Scorsese
> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino? Al Pacino
> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe? John Malkovich
> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? 2001
> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? egg
> 37. favorite joke? little red riding hood
> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s? the Blob
> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s? Halloween
> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years? haven't seen
any
> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards? Oscars
> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show? Lawrence Welk
> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath? Davey and Goliath
> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life? Life

azure

Nancy

Jan 7, 2001, 9:11:34 AM1/7/01
>> Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
>> questions. Please jump right in:
>>
>> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
Furley

>> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?
Kramer
>> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down?
dunno

>> 4. Styx or Kansas?
Styx
>> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?
Frampton
>> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?
We are the World

>> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths?
Hippies
>> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?
dunno

>> 9. Yes or Genesis?
Genesis
>> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?
Vinnie
>> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
??

>> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?
Soap

>> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?
Miss You
>> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
>> belong to)?
Student Union

>> 15. A memorably sad moment?
The day my father died

>> 16. A memorably happy moment?
The day my daughter was born

>> 17. A memorably angry moment?
?? not that I don't get angry but no one thing stands out

>>> 18. A moment of deep contentment?
When I was a kid and The Wizard of Oz was on and my whole family would
gather around the TV to watch

>> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?
At work I think?

>> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?
In shock

>> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?
Watching it on TV

>> 22. Which country would you most want to visit?
Ireland

>> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?
Birth of Jesus
>> 24. Romans or Barbarians?
??

>> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
Athenians
>> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?
??
>> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
I have met some Neantherthals

>> 27. Galileo or the Pope?
The Pope

>> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?
??

>> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?
Neither

>> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?
??

>> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?
Oliver Stone
>> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?
Coppola
>> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?
DeNiro
>> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?
Malkovich

>> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?
>2000
>> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Chicken
>> 37. favorite joke?
Recently heard one about the farmer who, after helicopter with Bill Clinton
crashed on his land, buried Clinton alive "because even though he kept
saying he was alive I didn't believe him 'cause you know what a liar he is"

>> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

??

>> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

??

>> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

??

>> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

Peoples Choice

>> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Tie

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 7, 2001, 10:34:09 AM1/7/01
Here's my own

1. Mr. Roper - bacause Norman Fell is hilarious.

2. Rev. Jim Ignatowski - I love everyone's comments, but Buddy, I
never thought of you as a Rev. Jim.

3. Death Wish - because the 70s were edgier, and not quite as mellow,
as we sometimes like to thoink that they were, and this was a crowd
please.

4. Kansas - because Styx gave us "Mr. Roboto" and I haven't forgiven
them for this.

5. "Bat out of Hell" - because it was so over the top and it had Phil
Rizzuto to boot

6. "We Are the World" because we actually sang this when I graduated
college

7. punks - because at their very best, they had a great sense of humor,
albeit one which wanted "to destroy the passerby" (J. Rotten) and wanted
"a riot of my own" (J. Strummer). Anyway, I really believe that punk was
a revolutionary socio-cultural movement, the effects of which are still
being felt.

The hippies and the goths did have a certain charm all their own,
though.

8. Black Sabbath - because even though I saw a young Van Halen steal
the show when opening for them in 1978, Sab gave us such great
songs as "Paranoid," "Sweet Leaf," "War Pigs," "Zero the Hero," "Faries
Wear Boots," etc., etc., Plus they're from Birmingham, UK, an old
decaying factory town, which I've been told by a reliable source is
similar to my town of Jersey City

9. Yes - because I like their early sound.

10. Vinnie Barbarino - because no one quite said the word "what?" and
made it so funny. Plus, Welcome Back Kotter is, apparently, a reason
Quentin Tarantino cast Travolta in Pulp Fiction, one of my favorite 90s
movies.

11. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - because, how can you not love chainswe
wielding cannibal families in the backwood of Texas. Billy, I'm
surprised you haven't seen this.

12. Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - because it really pushed the envelope

13. "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" - because, it was easier to accept Rod
Stewart "going disco" than it was the Stones, lol

14. high school faction - I gravitated between no faction, to the
nerds/arty types, to the druggie/metal crowd, and I believed that
combination of experiences/influences contributed to who I am today.

15. sad moment - flying down to Florida after my dad had a stroke (from
which he never recovered) and being present at his side when the priest
came in and did the last rites. I had to leave the hospital immediately,
go outside where I sat by a tree and just cried. The moment hit me hard.

16. happy moment - hooking up with my old buddies Frankie and Paul this
past year, after not seeing them for a long while.

17. angry moment - I was angry when our house was burglarized 15 years
ago.

18. deep contentment - after successfully defending my dissertation a
year and a half ago. My committee sent me out of the room, called me
back in a few minutes later, and then congratulated me. It was a deeply
satisfying moment.

19. when Reagan got shot - I was working at my dad's auto parts shop

20. when the OJ verdict was announced - I was standing among a crowd of
students at Boston U., in the packed student union, looking at various
TV monitors. When they were about to announce the verdict, a hush fell
over the room. Then the verdict was read. Most people in the room
groaned, but some cheered.

21. when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon - I was 7 and it was the
summer, and we were on vacation at the Jersey shore, staying in a
bungalo complex. There was only one TV in the complex, and so filled in
the room and witnessed it. I remember who static filled the TV screen
was.

22. country to visit - New Zealand

23. historical event to witness - The French Revolution

24. Barbarians - because I don't think they were as bad as they've been
made out to be. Plus, I suspect that I had a few ancestors among the
Celts.

25. ancient Athenians - because they gave us Socrates, Plato, and many
other great ancient cultural heros.

26. Menscheviks - because it's fun to speculate what the course of
history might have been had the "moderates" held power

26. Neantherthals - because, well, because I tend to cheer for the
underdogs. Plus, like with the Barbarians, these guys have suffered with
an undeserved bad rep for a very long time.

27. Galileo - because science has proved him right.

28. The Yippies - because of Abbie Hoffman and his idealism.

29. east coast rappers - bacause of Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash, Public
Enemy, Boogie Down Productions, KRS-One, The Wu Tang Clan, The Jungle
Brothers, De La Soul, and many others. Plus, because hip hop was
birthed in the "South Bronx, Sou-South Bronx" (a song I just heard
yesterday from somebody's boom box).

30. Coen Brothers - because of their cinematic genius. I was just
rewatching Barton Fink the other day and loving it.

31. Spike Lee - I'm a Spike Lee fan

32. Martin Scorsese - my cinematic God!

33. Robert DeNiro - if Scorsese is God, then I guess DeNiro is his
Jesus.

34. Willem Dafoe - because Scorsese had him play Jesus, plus because of
Shadow of the Vampire, Platoon, Light Sleeper, Born on the Fourth of
July, Wild at Heart, and To Live and Die in L.A. Can this guy pick em or
what?

35. When the millenium began - last weekend

36. the chicken, presumably (calling Charles Darwin! You're wanted in
alt.culture.us.1970s)

37. favorite joke - I'm terrible at remembering jokes, but there is one
that I remember. It's somewhat political:

A little boy one day asks his dad, "daddy, what is government?"

The dad replies; think of it this was son, your mom takes care of you
and your little brother. Here at home, she's the government. Since she
takes care of you, you are "the people."

The son asks, "then, what are you daddy?"

The father replies: well, since I work and bring home money for all of
us, I'm "big business." And our maid - she's the "working class."

the son then asked: "what about the baby?" The father replied, "he's the
future."

That night, the boy woke up to the sound of his baby brother crying. He
checked on the baby, who needed a diaper change. He went into his
parents' bedroom, where he tried to wake his mom, but she was in a deep
sleep. His dad was not there. So he went to the maid's room, and found
his dad in bed with the maid, moving up and down on top of her.

The next day, the father asked the son if he remembered what he was told
the day before. The boy replied "yes,as the government sleeps when the
people's needs are ignored. The future is in deep shit. And big business
is screwing the working class."

38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s -
The Tingler

39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s - Scream, Blacula,
Scream!

40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years - The Bride
of Chucky

41. the Golden Globes - because the stars sit and drink together and
some are sloshed when they get up to thank the wardrobe people, their
agents, their kids (if they remember), plus, the Hollywood Foreign Press
Assoc.; plus, because they have the good sense to appreciate Jim Carrey

42. the Lawrence Welk Show - because its completely surreal

43. Gumby - because it had the best claymation characters

42. Monopoly - because whenever we used to got visit Atlantic City
(which, aside from the Boardwalk, was always slummy), I'd be amazed to
see the real Ventor or Atlantic Ave. Too bad we never stayed in a hotel
(none of which were ever all red and shiny)

Tom

Dixon Hayes

Jan 7, 2001, 11:51:18 AM1/7/01
Tom wrote:

>Plus they're from Birmingham, UK, an old
>decaying factory town, which I've been told by a reliable source is
>similar to my town of Jersey City

...and I have been repeatedly told Jersey City is very similar in that respect
to my own hometown of Gadsden, Alabama.
Perhaps explaining why I took to Springsteen like I did.

>Plus, Welcome Back Kotter is, apparently, a reason
>Quentin Tarantino cast Travolta in Pulp Fiction, one of my favorite 90s
>movies.

You are right, Tom...but then again, I believe "Saturday Night Fever" was the
reason Tarantino put in that dance number with Travolta and Uma.

Molly

Jan 7, 2001, 11:57:54 AM1/7/01
*LOL*

Molly

David Ballarotto

Jan 7, 2001, 12:44:23 PM1/7/01

<> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?

Mr. Furley.

> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

If forced at gunpoint, I'd choose Kramer

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Eighty-fi cent! "Falling Down"

> 4. Styx or Kansas?

Styx any day!

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Neither, but I still find it funny that a couple about to be married
declared "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," and wondering how these two whose
song professes there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you, have been
divorced yet.

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

"We Are the World"

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Punks, I guess, because they're the group most likely to have come into
contact with soap on any given day.

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Not applicable.

> 9. Yes or Genesis?

Anything but Genesis.

> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Not applicable

> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Not applicable

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Never saw either.

> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Not applicable

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

I wanted to be part of the cool dudes squad. But I was much too bookish.
Also, I didn't drink, so that ruled that out. At any rate, once you have
four or five teenage boys in the room at the same time, the collective I. Q.
drops to minus 220.

> 15. A memorably sad moment?

In first grade, I remember coming down for breakfast one morning and my
mother had tears in her eyes. I asked her what was wrong, and she told me
"Aunt Ellen died." She was our next door neighbor and someone I adored when
I was little.

> 16. A memorably happy moment?

Christmas Day 1975. My pet raccoon (my dad is a lumberjack and brought him
home as a baby after the mother was killed accidentally while cutting down a
tree) had disappeared. He climbed out of his pen and was gone for a few
weeks. I'd given up on him being lost. Then as I was playing with my
Superman and Batman and Robin dolls I got we heard the back door slamming.
It was windy that day and my mother went to lock the door. It wasn't the
wind, though, it was Herman! He was swinging back and forth on the door.
The best Christmas present I ever had.

> 17. A memorably angry moment?

As the poster boy for Road Rage, I have one of these each day.

> 18. A moment of deep contentment?

Taking my high school diploma into hand. It was finally over.

> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? I was in eighth grade, eating
oven fried chicken when Dan Rather came on to tell us what happened.

> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

I was covering the verdict for my station. I was at the TV department of a
dept. store to get man on the street reaction when it came down.

> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? I must have
been sound asleep, being only two.

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit?

I guess France.

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

The signing of the surrender document at SHAEF in the spring of 1945.

> 24. Romans or Barbarians?
> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?
> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
> 27. Galileo or the Pope?

These are all too esoteric for me.

> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

Neither.

> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

Neither.

> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?Coens

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Spike Lee.

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Scorsese

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino? DeNiro

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe? Neither

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? 2001.
> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? The chicken

> 37. favorite joke I don't want to offend anyone, but it has to do with
Clinton, the Pope and going to Heaven.

> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

the Adam WEst "Batman" movie.

> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s? Never saw any.

> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

Anything they used to show on HBO in the middle of the night like "The Beach
Girls" or "The Off-Road Bikini Adventure."

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

Don't forget the Emmys.

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

"An' now a word from Efferdent!" Long live Larry! (At least in reruns.
Good night, sleep tight, and may your dreams come true.")

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

You gotta love Davey and Goliath.

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Life takes less to play. Have the CD-ROMS of both and the MIDI music on the
version of Monopoly I have is just unbearable. But the witty commentary on
Life is annoying as well. I vote for Axis and Allies.

Jeff Troutman

Jan 7, 2001, 12:38:03 PM1/7/01

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
> questions. Please jump right in:
>
> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
Neither. The show was crap.

> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Rev. Jim. I still don't get Seinfeld.

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

pass.

> 4. Styx or Kansas?
Kansas.

> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Bat out of Hell. It's more fun at weddings.

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

Hands Across America. Images of superstar celebrities sucking eclairs down
their mouths at the We Are The World session kills it for me.

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Oh, my!

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

I prefer Purple, although Sabbath were definitely more influential.
Anybody else see "The Black Sabbath Show" on Comedy Central's TV Funhouse?

> 9. Yes or Genesis?
Love 'em both, but I'll give Yes the edge.

> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Barbarino. Saturday Night Fever is nigh unwatchable.

> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Exorcist.

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Soap. It's just funnier.

> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Miss You. The Rod Stewart number is just crass.

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

None.

> 15. A memorably sad moment?

> 16. A memorably happy moment?

> 17. A memorably angry moment?

> 18. A moment of deep contentment?

pass

> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

At school, watching a bunch of white, priviliged, upper middle class,
will-vote-Republican-for-the-rest-of-their-lives-anyway boys laughing their
asses off at the footage.

> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

Visiting my mom. As the verdict didn't surprise me, I don't remember being
affected by it at the time.

> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

I honestly don't recall.

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Japan.

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

The debates over the Constitution.

> 24. Romans or Barbarians?
Barbarians.

> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?

Athenians. Any culture fooled by the old "giant wooden horse" gag deserves
what it gets.

> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

It's a tie between two of them.

> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
I'm sure these are both names of California punk bands.

> 27. Galileo or the Pope?

Galileo. He was right, and he knew it. How many centuries did it take for
him to get an apology.

> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

Some of the Yippies at least seemed to have a sense of humor.

> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

The South.

> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Coens by a mile.

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Both are quite talented. Both are quite irritating.

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Scorcese.

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

DeNiro.

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

Haven't seen Dafoe in much, so I can't judge.

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

It begins when I say it does, and not until.

> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

Milton Berle.

> 37. favorite joke?
Too obscure to mention.

> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

Plan 9 from Outer Space.

> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

Kentucky Fried Movie.

> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

pass

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

Awards shows just plain bite.

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

I'd rather die.

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Gumby.

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Monopoly, because you get to crush your opponents.

Jeff Troutman

redace

Jan 7, 2001, 2:28:57 PM1/7/01

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote in message
<938781$b96$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
>questions. Please jump right in:
>
>1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
Mr. Roper

>2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Rev. Jim!

>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

Neither

>4. Styx or Kansas?
Styx

>5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?
Bat Out Of Hell

>6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

Band Aid ;-) (Husband says Hear'n Aid--the heavy metal version)

>7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Punks

>8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Black Sabbath

>9. Yes or Genesis?
Genesis

>10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?
Ba-ba-ba, Ba-ba-barino

>11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

The Exorcist --it's funnier ;-)

>12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Uh...er...both? Aw..alright...if I have to choose.....Police Squad.

>13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?
"Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?"

>14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?
Invisible-Blended with the walls quite well, actually. (Husband was a
metal head--emphasis on "head")

>15. A memorably sad moment?

Grandfather died

>16. A memorably happy moment?

Went to Europe when I was 13

>17. A memorably angry moment?

wow...hard to say...how about most of puberty? ;-)

>18. A moment of deep contentment?

Going through that currently

>19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

I was in middle school...found out on the bus coming home.

>20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

Watching it on TV...stunned by the verdict.

>21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

In my crib...I was 2 months old.

>22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Scotland (been to England, but would also like to go back there, too.)

>23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

There are so many different events I would love to have witnessed , but
I'll go with the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

>24. Romans or Barbarians?
Barbarians

>25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
Trojans

>26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

...you're really pushing it, aren't you now? ;-)

>26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
....<sigh>....

>27. Galileo or the Pope?

Galileo (well, I'm not Catholic!)

>28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

uh..er...um...this was before my time, I think...

>29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

candy wrappers... ;-)

>30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Ferrelly

>31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Oliver Stone

>32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Martin Scorsese

>33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

Sorry...it's a tie. Although, I would lean more in the direction of Al
Pacino..."I'm out of order, YOUR out of order...the whole damn system is
out of order!!" or "You talkin' ta me? Are you talkin' ta me? Ain't
nobody else here, so you must be talkin' ta me!"

>34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

John Malkovich--could play sinister more believably

>35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2001

>36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

When an egg becomes a chicken, where does all the cholesterol go?

>37. favorite joke?
Okay, but it's a bit risque:
One day, a Koala bear comes to America. He gets off the boat in NYC.
He's walking down the 42nd St (this is the old days, mind you)and he's
carrying a briefcase. He walks past a hooker who calls to him and asks
if he wants to have a good time. Well, Koala's are always up for a good
time so he follows her up to her room. She's about to get to work when
the Koala bear says "No, please let me take care of you." Sooo, the
Koala bear proceeds to perform oral sex on the prostitute. Well, she's
screaming and having the time of her life. When he's all done, the
Koala bear jumps off the bed, grabs his briefcase and starts to leave.
the hooker than says"Hey, wait a minute...you were great and all, but
you still have to pay me." The Koala says, "No I don't." She says,
"Yes you do, I'm a prostitute, which means I get paid for having sexual
relations with men!" So the Koala bear pulls out a dictionary from his
briefcase and says, "Look up Koala bear." So she does. The Koala bear
says, "read what it says." The hooker is now a bit confused and says,
"What does this have to do with you not paying me?" the Koala bear
says, "Read what it says, 'Koala bear--Eats bushes and leaves'!"

>38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?
Plan 9 from Outer Space

>39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?
Rocky Horror Picture Show

>40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

Orgazmo (If you don't know this one, it's from the guys who do South
Park)

>41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

The Oscars

>42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

If I have to pick...Hee Haw

>43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?
Gumby

>42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?
Monopoly

Lori =^.^=

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 7, 2001, 3:22:05 PM1/7/01
In article <Zr366.22393$bU.15...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
"redace" <redace...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> >24. Romans or Barbarians?
> Barbarians

I think you mean the Bar-bar-bar-Barbarians

andy749

Jan 7, 2001, 3:33:31 PM1/7/01
1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper? Furley
2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski? Kramer
3. Death Wish or Falling Down? DW
4. Styx or Kansas? not

5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?
not
6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"? no
7. Hippies, punks or Goths? hippies
8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple? DP
9. Yes or Genesis? ugh
10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero? VB
11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Exorcist

12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?
Soap
13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"? MY
14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
  belong to)? none
15. A memorably sad moment? Lennon death
16. A memorably happy moment? Ali beat Foreman '74
17. A memorably angry moment? Jr Bush win
18. A moment of deep contentment? coffee&cigarette sitting on front
porch in fall around dusk(don't smoke now-9yrs)
19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?
just got home from hosp. 3rd child just born
20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? At home
21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?Grandma's-
Marietta,O.
22. Which country would you most want to visit? UK
23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed? Bill &
Monica - cigar
24. Romans or Barbarians? Barbs
25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans? ?
26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists? ?
26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons? ?
27. Galileo or the Pope? Pope
28. The Yippies or the Chicago police? Y
29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?none
30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers? ?
31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone? SL
32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?MS
33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino? DeNiro by hair
34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe? WD
35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? 2000
36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? ?
37. favorite joke? What's difference between a Harley and a Hoover? U
can get 2 dirt bags on a Harley :)))
38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s? Bride of
the Monster-E Wood 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the
1970s? Fritz The Cat
40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years? hmm...none
41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?
Oscars-glitz big time

42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?
Reminds me of Sat. nite at Grammaw's HH
43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath? D&G

Keith W Howley

Jan 7, 2001, 4:24:43 PM1/7/01

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
> questions. Please jump right in:
>
> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper? Mr. Roper

> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski? Kramer
> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down? Death Wish
> 4. Styx or Kansas? Kansas
> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"? Bat out of Hell
> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"? We Are the World
> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths? Hippies
> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple? Black Sabbath

> 9. Yes or Genesis? Genesis
> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero? Tony Manero!
> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The Exorcist

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? Soap
> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"? Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)? None, I hated HS
> 15. A memorably sad moment? When disco died
> 16. A memorably happy moment? When disco lived
> 17. A memorably angry moment? When leisure suits went out of style!
> 18. A moment of deep contentment? None
> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? I was 3. At home with grandma!
> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? 1oth grade
Algebra II class!
> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? Wasn't born
> 22. Which country would you most want to visit? Italy
> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed? The
end of WW II

> 24. Romans or Barbarians? Romans
> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans? Athenians
> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists? None
> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons? None
> 27. Galileo or the Pope? Pope!
> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police? Chicago Police
> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers? Neither.
> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers? Ferrelly Bros.
> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone? Oliver Stone
> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola? FFC
> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino? Deniro
> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe? John Malkovich
> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001? 2001
> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? I don't know
> 37. favorite joke? What's a blonde in winter? A frosted flake!
> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s? Little
Shop of Horrors
> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s? Not sure
> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years? Not sure

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards? Oscars
> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show? Hee Haw
> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath? Gumby
> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life? Monopoly!

Phaedra Alwell

Jan 7, 2001, 4:24:23 PM1/7/01

Raphael

Jan 7, 2001, 6:33:00 PM1/7/01
<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Since we haven't had one of these in a while, I offer the following
> questions. Please jump right in:
>
> 1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?
Roper
> 2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?
Rev. Jim

> 3. Death Wish or Falling Down?
???

> 4. Styx or Kansas?
Styx
> 5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?
Neither

> 6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?
Tears Are Not Enough...ok, We Are The World

> 7. Hippies, punks or Goths?
Goths

> 8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?
Deep Purple (Spread the word around, the rat is leaving town....)
> 9. Yes or Genesis?
Genesis, I guess

> 10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?
Barbarino

> 11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
Never saw either

> 12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?
Soap ("Mickey Mouse's dog is GAY?")

> 13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?
Rod Stewart...blech

> 14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?
Drama Club, backstage crew for the Choir

> 15. A memorably sad moment?
Deaths in the family (family or pets...too many to pick individual
ones)

> 16. A memorably happy moment?
Kids From C.A.P.E.R. returning to tv...the whole gang went nuts

> 17. A memorably angry moment?
Sending Peter flying into the ground after an "Anti-women" comment
in grade 6.

> 18. A moment of deep contentment?
Can't think of any off the top of my head...

> 19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?
At the exact moment of the shooting? Not sure. First heard the
news while sitting in traffic with my friends, returning home from shopping.

> 20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?
The Silver Spoon Restaurant - Goodbye lunch for a co-worker.

> 21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?
We watched it at school, whether it was 'live' or not, I can't say.

> 22. Which country would you most want to visit?
England

> 23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?
Oooh, tossup between any Beatles' concert and witnessing Jack the
Ripper at work (not for the morbid aspects, to be able to say WHO Jack was).
> 24. Romans or Barbarians?
Romans..."Friends, Barbarians, Countrymen" just doesn't have the
same ring to it.

> 25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
Athenians, I guess (I'm not gonna make a condom joke here...)

> 26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?
Czarists
> 26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
No preference

> 27. Galileo or the Pope?
Galileo - fits better in "Bohemian Rhapsody"

> 28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?
None

> 29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?
There's a diff? The best rappers are SILENT ones....

> 30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?
???

> 31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?
No pref

> 32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?
No pref

> 33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?
No pref

> 34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?
Sensing a pattern....?

> 35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?
I thought it was earlier than 2000...

> 36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
The egg. It spontaneously appeared, buried itself in some nice warm
sand, then came the chicken, which promptly crossed the road and was killed
by a passing wagon.
> 37. favorite joke?
Um...not the chicken crossing the road one <G>

> 38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?
Plan 9 from Outer Space! They don't get any better...err...worse

> 39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?
None jump out at me.

> 40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?
Titanic...no, The Phantom Menace...hee...none (haven't seen either
of those movies)

> 41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?
Always liked Oscar, for a grouch, he was kinda kewl.

> 42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?
Hee Haw had more memorable stupid songs...and didn't have tap
dancers

> 43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?
Pokey

> 42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?
Monopoly...

Erin ">

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 7, 2001, 7:11:23 PM1/7/01
In article <20010107115118...@ng-fl1.aol.com>,

dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes) wrote:
> Tom wrote:
>
> >Plus they're from Birmingham, UK, an old
> >decaying factory town, which I've been told by a reliable source is
> >similar to my town of Jersey City
> >

> ...and I have been repeatedly told Jersey City is very similar in that
respect
> to my own hometown of Gadsden, Alabama.
> Perhaps explaining why I took to Springsteen like I did.

Well, then, Dixon, if I ever get to Alabama, I'm definitely going to
Gadsen. If you are ever in NJ, I'll be happy to take you on a walking
tour of Jersey City. And if we are ever both in Birmingham, UK at the
same time, I'm sure there'll be some headbangers to point out directions
to all the sights.

> >Plus, Welcome Back Kotter is, apparently, a reason
> >Quentin Tarantino cast Travolta in Pulp Fiction, one of my favorite
90s
> >movies.
>
> You are right, Tom...but then again, I believe "Saturday Night Fever"
was the
> reason Tarantino put in that dance number with Travolta and Uma.

Indeed. I loved that scene in Pulp Fiction, and was envious that
Travolta got to shake a leg with the lovely and talented Uma Thurman.

John Pattison

Jan 7, 2001, 8:35:00 PM1/7/01
Cool survey. Here are my picks:

1. Mr. Roper (almost made me wanna be a landlord!)
2. Kramer (loved Rev Jim, but Kramer is too cool)
3. Death Wish (nobody has the icy cool of JB)
4. Styx (yeah! "well I wanna be a blue collar man")
5. "Frampton Comes Alive" (looked just like him in '77)

6. "We Are the World"

7. Hippies (punks and goth leave me COLD)
8. Deep Purple (REAL tough one; I heard "Fireball" and Master of Reality
for the first time on the same night at a girlfriend's house--and loved all
three!)
9. Yes (Andersen and Wakeman...swell, swell , swell)
10. Vinnie Barbarino (what? where?)
11. The Exorcist (the nite it opened a bird flew into the theater and scared
the HELL out of everyone!)
12. Soap (both were good, but Soap was a classic that is still repeated by
similar shows today)
13. "Miss You" (Rod was the dressed-up mod, but Mick still had real swagger)

14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to

belong to)? I played football and was in one of two rock bands at my
high school, so school was a total blast)
15. A memorably sad moment? (Summer of 1970, my first girlfriend returned my
ring, and I remember hearing the song "Band of Gold" by FP--it still almost
makes me cry!)
16. A memorably happy moment? (getting a call from the friend of the girl in
#15 and telling me that "Linda" liked me and wanted to go out.)
17. A memorably angry moment? (going out to dinner with my dad and him
getting drunk and hassling the waitress and embarrassing everyone at the
table.)
18. A moment of deep contentment? (when I took a frozen chicken to a
friend's house on Xmas eve in 1973. They did not have much money cuz his
dad was sick and unemployed. I told them to cook it for xmas dinner if they
wanted. I came back late the next day, and literally saw a "chicken
skeleton" on a big serving plate by the sink!)
19. Where were you when Reagan got shot? (At college)
20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced? (Came home from work
over lunch to watch the verdict)
21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon? (I was staying
overnight at my uncle's farm and helping my cousins cut and bale hay--aw
shucks)

22. Which country would you most want to visit?

23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

24. Romans
25. Trojans
26. Czarists
26. Neantherthals
27. Galileo (the Pope's my man but Galileo was the original)
28. The Yippies (hated the brutality at the Chi Town Dem Convention, but was
no fan of many Yippies either)
29. east coast rappers (Biggy was the best of them all)
30. Coen Brothers (they are practically local)
31. Oliver Stone
32. Martin Scorsese (tough choice)
33. Al Pacino (god, another tough choice, but I like more of Al's movies
better)
34. Willem Dafoe (an intense, versatile, and good actor)
35. 2001
36. The chicken (somebody had to sit on the damn egg to keep it warm)
37. favorite joke? (??)
38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s? "Dr. Terror's
House of Horrors"
39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s? (??)
40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years? (??)
41. The Oscars (the original--all others are copycats)
42. Hee Haw (stupid show, but I loved to watch Roy play guitar and the girls
do anything)
43. Davey and Goliath? (More heartwarming to me -- I thought Gumby was kind
of weird)
42. Monopoly (liked them both, but I never played The Game of Life for 56
hours straight)

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 7, 2001, 9:31:39 PM1/7/01
In article <t5fvhmt...@corp.supernews.com>,
"aleen" <@baynet.net> wrote:

> >38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

> The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed
> Up Zombies

Oh my God Aleen, you are amazing! I love this movie! I can't believe I'm
seeing it mentioned here. It's so demented, and those zombies! What the
hell was that? And also, what's with that bizarre fortune teller woman?
I saw this several years ago, and it was weird and hysterical.

Incidentally, Ray Dennis Steckler, who wrote, directed, and starred in
this grade Z sclock classic, is still alive and kicking and apparently
still planning on making more movies; we can only hope he does.

The Wanderer

Jan 7, 2001, 9:40:01 PM1/7/01
".........Mental Ilness or Drug Addiction? Gee, that's a tough one!"

--

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message

MartiDave

Jan 7, 2001, 9:47:46 PM1/7/01
In article <9397jd$609q$1...@newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com>, "Kelly"
<kwit...@prodigy.net> writes:

> Q) Why do all the trees in Philadelphia lean towards the east?
>
> A) Because NJ sucks
>
> Q) Why are NYers so nasty?
>
> A) Because NJ is the light at the end of the tunnel.

okay cut the New jersey jokes, I am officially hurt. Sob, Sob.

Dave Spiegel

aleen

Jan 7, 2001, 11:14:53 PM1/7/01
LOL you ROCK Tom!!! I can't believe I know ANOTHER fan of this movie!!!
The first time I saw this movie I admit I was enticed solely by the title, I
mean how could you resist a movie called "The Incredibly Strange Creatures
Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies"??? HOW?? I loved the
zombies and the fortune teller, but I also loved the kooky dance numbers!
Internet Movie Database gave the movie a 2.2 out of 10!!! Tsk tsk! For
some reason I love those "one star" "grade z" kinds of movies! The user
comments on imdb debate it as being a "bad movie" or a "great movie" tee
hee, but my reply to the people who say "This is the worst movie i've ever
seen...blah blah blah" what the hell were they expecting with a title like
that?? citizen kane??? What other b movies do you like Tom??

Have a great day! :-)

aleen the karaoke queen, crossing her fingers and toes that Ray Dennis
Steckler comes out with some more gems!

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote in message
<93b8qb$ipi$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

Dixon Hayes

Jan 7, 2001, 11:27:18 PM1/7/01
Tom, Aleen, let me ask you this...have you guys seen the MST3K version of this
one? I have and it is a hoot!

Dixon

aleen wrote:

>The first time I saw this movie I admit I was enticed solely by the title, I
>mean how could you resist a movie called "The Incredibly Strange Creatures
>Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies"??? HOW?? I loved the
>zombies and the fortune teller, but I also loved the kooky dance numbers!

Kelly

Jan 7, 2001, 11:24:57 PM1/7/01
Now Dave, I didn't mean any harm. You know I wouldn't do anything to hurt
your feelings. Do you want a tissue?

Kelly

aleen

Jan 7, 2001, 11:59:07 PM1/7/01
ARGH no I haven't Dixon!!! I was going to mention MST3K in my last post
there but I was too giddy and then I forgot to!! :-) I have seen so many
of the MST3Ks but would do ANYTHING to see the "mixed up zombies" one!!
Which is your favourite episode of MST3K?? I have tons but my favourite
comment from that show was when they did commentary on the movie "the
crawling hand" and was about that arm that crawled around and strangled
people...and one of them said "hey wait, didn't he used to be in def
leppard??" LMAO that was cruel but I must admit I nearly fell of my chair I
was laughing so hard! LOL oh man!!!

Have a great day Dixon!! :-)

aleen the karaoke queen

Dixon Hayes wrote in message
<20010107232718...@ng-cu1.aol.com>...

Molly

Jan 8, 2001, 12:27:05 AM1/8/01
OMG, I remember the MST3K version. It was funny. I wonder if it's on video.

Molly

MartiDave

Jan 8, 2001, 12:30:50 AM1/8/01
In article <93bffe$5pgg$1...@newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com>, "Kelly"
<kwit...@prodigy.net> writes:

>Now Dave, I didn't mean any harm. You know I wouldn't do anything to hurt
>your feelings. Do you want a tissue?
>
>Kelly

I'll survive. Thanks for the offer of a tissue though. Just mail it to
NewJersey
c/o Dave
It'll get to me. (insert witty emoticon here)
Dave Spiegel

Kelly

Jan 8, 2001, 12:40:27 AM1/8/01
It is on it's way. Do any of you other Jersey folk need a tissue? (Buddy can
you help me hand these out?)

Kelly

"MartiDave" <jun...@aol.combos> wrote in message

The Wanderer

Jan 8, 2001, 2:47:34 AM1/8/01
I'd rather throw them by the truckload. Besides Kelly, all of those Jersey
folks aint nothin' but transplanted New Yorkers anyway. When I used to go
visit my aunt back in the early-mid '50s, it wasn't anything but oil
refineries and farms. They dont reproduce THAT fast, and they aint growing
from the ground, so...... And I remember back when I was in Catholic grammar
school all of my friends started moving away half to New Jersey and half to
Long Island. So if you look back as far as 2 - 3 generations they were all
New Yorkers right after immigrating anyway. That's why Ellis Island IS IN
NEW YORK (AS WELL AS THE BEAUTIFUL LADY WHO LOOKS LONGINGLY TOWARDS BROOKLYN
WHILE SHOWING HER GLUTIUS MAXIMUS TO OUR NEIGHBORS). Tissue Time!!

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"Kelly" <kwit...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Kelly

Jan 8, 2001, 3:10:10 AM1/8/01

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

>And I remember back when I was in Catholic grammar

> school all of my friends started moving away half to New Jersey and half
> Long Island.

Wait a moment! My grandparents left Brooklyn and headed out to Long Island.
Are you saying that I am not better that a *gasp* Jersey person *gag*? I
feel the tears coming.... send me the tissues.

Kelly

The Wanderer

Jan 8, 2001, 3:50:43 AM1/8/01
See, I knew that ethnically underneath it all you were a Brooklynite. This
makes you superior to Jersey people because you are from N.Y. No Kelly, you
are not on the same level (he spits on the ground) as a Jersey person.
LOL

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis
"Kelly" <kwit...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 8, 2001, 6:44:03 AM1/8/01
In article <Dbf66.23502$bU.16...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> See, I knew that ethnically underneath it all you were a Brooklynite.
This
> makes you superior to Jersey people because you are from N.Y. No
Kelly, you
> are not on the same level (he spits on the ground) as a Jersey person.
> LOL

Aw, c'mon you guys, give us some credit; we have, after all, given the
world Count Basie, Springteen, the Smithereens, Monster Magnet, and all
the Hoboken bands. Plus, Jack Nicholson, Danny Devito, Jack Klugman,
Jason Alexander, Valerie Harper,and misc. others. Also, let's not forget
Thomas Edison - where would we be without the lightbulb (or the movie
projector).

Actually, I may be in NJ, but I'm not necessarily of it, at least not
completely; Jersey people now seem to gravitate toward the suburbs and
shop at the strip malls; I'm not really sure how people in the burbs
spend their leisure time. I prefer to jump on the Path train and wander
around and absorb the City. You know, I'd move to Manhattan in a
heartbeat, but since I'm not independently wealthy, that's not about to
happen. Plus, is there a more obnoxious mayor than Rudy Giuliani? At
least I don't have to deal with him. So I think I'll stay put.

Nancy

Jan 8, 2001, 7:56:02 AM1/8/01
That's a beautiful story Dixon. When I read it I was reminded of a butterfly
story that friend told me.
He was rowing alone in a boat on a quiet lake in NH where he owned a little
cottage. He said this butterfly came and landed on his hand and stayed there
for a while. He enjoyed the moment but didn't think much of it. Then later
that day he went out on his deck to eat lunch and the same butterfly ( he
thinks ) came and landed on the table and stayed there for over an hour! He
was convinced it was a reincarnation of his sister who had died recently!??
It still gives me goosebumps!
Nancy

>>18. A moment of deep contentment?

>I have no idea why, but one day in Summer 1985, I was working on the
>dock of a Pizitz department store, and my friend William and I left to go
>deliver some furniture...he filled up the van and went inside to pay for
the
>gas while I bought a Cherry Coke and sat outside and drank it...while I was
>sitting there, waiting for him, in the parking lot of the Rainbow City
Union
>76, my arm hanging
>the window, a beautiful monarch butterfly landed on my finger, and sat
there a
>good ten minutes...just stayed there. I chased butterflies all through my
>childhood but never ever caught one, and this one just lit on me...it was
still
>there when William got into the truck and he was just as overwhelmed as I
was
>(and he is not easily impressed with anything). I had to shake it off my
>finger so we could leave. That would be it for deep contentment, an
otherwise
>simple moment that stuck with me.

The Wanderer

Jan 8, 2001, 8:36:20 AM1/8/01
Yeah but I think Rudy is steppin'out of office. And play lotto.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

D.Spiegel

Jan 8, 2001, 9:18:41 AM1/8/01
>I'd rather throw them by the truckload. Besides Kelly, all of those Jersey
>folks aint nothin' but transplanted New Yorkers anyway.
I was born in NJ. In 1962. I am the son of a StateTrooper. My mother's family
goes back over 300 years in NJ.

> When I used to go
>visit my aunt back in the early-mid '50s, it wasn't anything but oil
>refineries and farms.

Hey now, we have strip malls and highways. The farms are disapearing though.

>They dont reproduce THAT fast, and they aint growing
>from the ground, so..

Actually we do reproduce fast.

> So if you look back as far as 2 - 3 generations they were all
>New Yorkers right after immigrating anyway.

Okay, okay you win. My Dad was born in NYC.

That's why Ellis Island IS IN
>NEW YORK (AS WELL AS THE BEAUTIFUL LADY WHO LOOKS LONGINGLY TOWARDS BROOKLYN
>WHILE SHOWING HER GLUTIUS MAXIMUS TO OUR NEIGHBORS). Tissue Time!!

No Tissues this time! I Know when I have been put in my place. Besides I am
a Mets and Knicks fan.

Dave Spiegel

D.Spiegel

Jan 8, 2001, 9:22:24 AM1/8/01
>Plus, is there a more obnoxious mayor than Rudy Giuliani? At
>least I don't have to deal with him. So I think I'll stay put.

We have Ms. Whitman to deal with though!
Dave Spiegel.
When you coming to visit?

D.Spiegel

Jan 8, 2001, 9:20:58 AM1/8/01
>See, I knew that ethnically underneath it all you were a Brooklynite. This
>makes you superior to Jersey people because you are from N.Y. No Kelly, you
>are not on the same level (he spits on the ground) as a Jersey person.
>LOL

OOOH, this one hurts, even just a little. When are you writing a book about
your unique takes on life. It will be a bestseller!!! I'd buy it! By the way,
where do Philly people fit in?

Dave Spiegel

D.Spiegel

Jan 8, 2001, 9:25:17 AM1/8/01
>It is on it's way. Do any of you other Jersey folk need a tissue? (Buddy can
>you help me hand these out?)

Do me a favor please. Throw in sopme Mets and Knicks tickets, a couple a good
slices of pizza, a canoli, a bagel and some theater passes. ( Am I asking for
too much?)

Dave Spiegel
Honest, I love New York, I'll be in the city sometime the last week in January
just to enjoy it.

Dixon Hayes

Jan 8, 2001, 10:47:45 AM1/8/01
Tom wrote:

>Also, let's not forget
>Thomas Edison - where would we be without the lightbulb (or the movie
>projector).

Let's not forget something that is near and dear to my heart, the drive-in
theatre. The first one opened in Camden, New Jersey in June 1933.

Dixon

RetroTrish

Jan 8, 2001, 11:23:42 AM1/8/01
Fun survey! Here are my answers:

>1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?

Mr. Furley

>2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Kramer - he's one of my all-time favorite TV characters!

>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

neither

>4. Styx or Kansas?

neither

>5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

"Bat Out of Hell"

>6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

"We are the World"

>7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Hippies

>8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

neither

>9. Yes or Genesis?

Yes

>10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Vinnie Barbarino

>11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

neither - don't like scary movies!!

>12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Soap

>13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

"Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"

>14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

the black clothes/clove cigarette smoking art/drama crowd

>19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

don't remember but I do remember it was a very shocking news story!

>20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

doing freelance research at a client's office -- everyone had the TV on in
the library and we watched it live

>21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

watching with my family

>22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Italy

>23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

Not really historic, but I would have love to have been in NYC and been at
the Beatles on Ed Sullivan taping in 1964

>29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

neither

>30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

I would have said the Coen Bros. before I saw their new movie -- O Brother
... was a big disappointment, in my book!

>31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Spike Lee

>32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Scorsese

>33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

Pacino

>34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

Willem Dafoe -- can't wait to see his new Nosferatu/Murnau movie. It sounds
fascinating!

>35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2000

>36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

chicken

>38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

Glen or Glenda

>39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

not schlock movies, IMHO, but I think they were inexpensively produced --
the Shaft/Foxy Brown/etc. Blaxploitation flicks

>40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

haven't seen one

>41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

Oscars

>42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Lawrence Welk

>43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Gumby - although I liked both ... and Jot too!

>42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Monopoly -- and I never lose at it!

Trish in Atlanta
Visit my Retro Fun website:
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/atl/r/e/retrotr/retrofun.htm
* Retro Pop Culture * Children's Literature * Dachshunds * More

Francis McGill

Jan 8, 2001, 1:47:44 PM1/8/01
Not for much longer, just 12 days!

D.Spiegel (juns...@cs.com) wrote:
: >Plus, is there a more obnoxious mayor than Rudy Giuliani? At

* *
* Francis McGill *
* a052...@bc.seflin.org *
* "Glory to God in the Highest" *
* *

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 8, 2001, 11:24:02 PM1/8/01
Peace, my brothers and sisters.

I have a suggestion; since Dave and I are both Mets fans (and I am
assuming that as a proud Brooklynite, Buddy is more of a NL kind of guy)
we all get together at Shea Stadium for a Mets game this Spring. What
do you all think?

Kelly, I don't know what your baseball politics are, though of course,
Queens is much closer to L.I. than the Bronx

MartiDave

Jan 9, 2001, 12:30:37 AM1/9/01
In article <93e3ou$ttd$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, antipos...@my-deja.com writes:

>Peace, my brothers and sisters.
>
>I have a suggestion; since Dave and I are both Mets fans (and I am
>assuming that as a proud Brooklynite, Buddy is more of a NL kind of guy)
>we all get together at Shea Stadium for a Mets game this Spring. What
>do you all think?

I'm there. Lets Go Mets. Tom where in NJ are you?

Dave Spiegel

The Wanderer

Jan 9, 2001, 4:46:00 AM1/9/01
Give us a lookout and we'll try to get together. (I was just trying to get
your goat.) That would be cool. Tom, yourself, Kelly (who is perpetually
leaving town), & myself. Make for good conversation.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"D.Spiegel" <juns...@cs.com> wrote in message

The Wanderer

Jan 9, 2001, 4:46:05 AM1/9/01
I can bend, a little. But when the Dodgers left Brooklyn we looked around
and there was no one else to root for but the winningest team in baseball,
and in the early '60s our (N.Y.'s) only baseball team the New York Yankees.
It isn't so much about the league with me it's about stayin' true to your
roots and having our city represented. But I'm down to go on a "field" trip
with you'se guys.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

The Wanderer

Jan 9, 2001, 4:46:06 AM1/9/01
You know, this looks like it's really starting to come together. We will end
up getting together a group of us from time to time. This is cool.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"MartiDave" <jun...@aol.combos> wrote in message

Kelly

Jan 9, 2001, 11:52:53 AM1/9/01
Buddy, you keep on cursing my departure. I will go crazy here. If I don't
leave here soon I will have to move in with you. Not only will I bring my 3
big suitcases, the dog is coming with me too!!

Kelly

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 9, 2001, 11:32:40 PM1/9/01
In article <20010109003037...@nso-cs.aol.com>,
jun...@aol.combos (MartiDave) wrote:

> I'm there. Lets Go Mets. Tom where in NJ are you?

Exit 14C, Dave.

The Wanderer

Jan 10, 2001, 1:09:44 AM1/10/01
I suspect that you have been just waiting for the invitation.LOL

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"Kelly" <kwit...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Kelly

Jan 10, 2001, 1:15:04 AM1/10/01

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> I suspect that you have been just waiting for the invitation.LOL

No, I haven't. All I want is to leave NY for a few months. But someone (like
you) keeps on cursing my departure. :)

Kelly

The Wanderer

Jan 10, 2001, 2:55:43 AM1/10/01
Oh yeah, it's all MY fault. Go if ya wanna. Oh yeah you'll be missed but get
going. I dont understand how educated people can be so superstitious! LOL
And even if I COULD curse you: why would I. It must be a conspiracy. That's
it, we all got together and came up with this master plan. Yeah, that's it!
And I'm secretly the head of the Bavarian Illuminati. Yeah, that's the
ticket.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis
"Kelly" <kwit...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Jeff Troutman

Jan 10, 2001, 11:47:40 AM1/10/01

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Yeah but I think Rudy is steppin'out of office.

"Steppin' Out" seems to be something Rudy does quite well. Just ask the
missus.

Jeff Troutman

Jeff Troutman

Jan 10, 2001, 11:46:15 AM1/10/01
"aleen" <@baynet.net> wrote:
> ARGH no I haven't Dixon!!! I was going to mention MST3K in my last post
> there but I was too giddy and then I forgot to!! :-) I have seen so many
> of the MST3Ks but would do ANYTHING to see the "mixed up zombies" one!!

It's not due to be shown through March, according to the Sci-Fi channel's
schedule anyway, I'm afraid. I've seen "mixed up zombies" with and without
the MSTing, and must say I definitely prefer it with. I enjoy schlock more
than most, but "zombies" somehow never did it for me.

> Which is your favourite episode of MST3K??

"Teenage Caveman", with Robert Vaughn, was my first and gets the vote for
sentimental fave.

Jeff Troutman

LizzieZ

Jan 10, 2001, 6:20:19 PM1/10/01
Well, I guess it's about time I jump in here...

>1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?

Hmm, never really cared for either of them...

>2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Have to go with Jim here.

>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

What are those?

>4. Styx or Kansas?
Ooh, toughie... can you make mine half and half please?

>5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Don't think I ever listened to either in its entirety.

>6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

We are the World.

>7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

You're kidding, right?

>8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Couldn't name a single song by either, sorry.

>9. Yes or Genesis?
Genesis

>10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?
Vinnie Barbarino

>11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Never saw either.

>12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

Never saw MHMH, so I can't answer fairly. I would love to see it sometime,
though, as I hear it was brilliant.

>13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Miss You, no contest.

>14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

The brains and the performers (I split my time)

>15. A memorably sad moment?
>16. A memorably happy moment?
>17. A memorably angry moment?
I totally cop out on these questions; it's impossible for me to narrow down to
one for any of them, sorry.

>18. A moment of deep contentment?

Realizing I am with the person I hope to spend the rest of my life with.

>19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

Spring break, 7th grade, visiting my grandparents in Florida. We had been down
at the pool, and when we came back upstairs, one of their neighbors opened her
door and said "Did you hear? Reegan's (sic) been shot!" All this time in the
spotlight and she still couldn't pronounce his name right... My cousin,
however, was on her school trip to Washington DC and was actually there at the
hotel when it happened. The FBI confiscated everyone's cameras. Quite a story
to be able to tell the kids!

>20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

Man, can you believe I have no idea? I'm guessing I was at home in my
apartment, but I have no frame of reference.

>21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

My parents had me seated right in front of the television so I'd be able to say
I saw it. (I was 11 months old.)

>22. Which country would you most want to visit?

Now THAT is a tough one. There are so many on my list. I haven't done much
international travel at all. I would love to return to England, but also visit
Italy, Australia, Israel, and some remote South Pacific island for vacation
someday. ;-)

>23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

Completion of Stonehenge

>24. Romans or Barbarians?
>25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?
>26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?
>26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
Well, my lack of historical knowledge has finally come to bite me in the ass
with these... thanks a lot!

>27. Galileo or the Pope?
Galileo

>28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?
pass

>29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

Again, I must ask, you're kidding, right?

>30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Probably give a slight edge to the brothers Coen.

>31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

>32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

4 directors whose works I have seen, but have no strong feelings about one way
or another.

>33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

Unfair, but I'll probably give the nod to Pacino.

>34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

Mr. Malkovich

>35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2001, silly!

>36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

I don't know, can eggs come? (sorry, couldn't resist....)

>37. favorite joke?
A guy walks into a bar and says "Ouch!!"

>38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

Not too familiar with the genre...

>39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

Unfortunately you left out the 80s, so I'll put my answer for that category
here: Nice Girls Don't Explode. Anyone here ever see it? Stars Barbara
Harris and Wallace Shawn.

>40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

nada

>41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

The Oscars

>42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

Never saw Mr. Welk, and at the age I was when I saw HH, I thought it was
stupid. Now, who knows?

>43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Never saw either.

>42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?

Game of Life - wow, haven't played that in AGES!! (I'm much more of a trivia
nut or a Boggle-head, myself.)

Liz

Dixon Hayes

Jan 10, 2001, 7:33:21 PM1/10/01
LizzieZ wrote:

>>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?
>What are those?

They're movies about fed-up vigilantes. In Death Wish Charles Bronson is
portrayed as somewhat of a flawed hero, while in Falling Down, Michael Douglas
comes off as a sick-minded villain.

Dixon
=============
"Let's dance, Maude...you're starting to get to me!"

LizzieZ

Jan 10, 2001, 7:50:10 PM1/10/01
>They're movies about fed-up vigilantes. In Death Wish Charles Bronson is
>portrayed as somewhat of a flawed hero, while in Falling Down, Michael
>Douglas
>comes off as a sick-minded villain.

Ah, thanks Dixon! :-)

Liz

aleen

Jan 10, 2001, 10:20:46 PM1/10/01
oh JEFFIKINS!!!!! I'm sooooo happy to see you back!!! <chasing you Big
Ethel style>

have a great day! :-)

big aleen the karaoke queen

The Wanderer

Jan 11, 2001, 3:07:37 AM1/11/01
Yeah, know whatcha mean! I cant have any respect for a dude who takes it
outside.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"Jeff Troutman" <yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote in message

Kelly

Jan 11, 2001, 3:17:14 AM1/11/01
I am impressed Buddy.

Kelly

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

The Wanderer

Jan 11, 2001, 3:44:00 AM1/11/01
That's just who I am. If you have someone who loves you and is willing to
get all "bumpin' uglies" with ya why would you go outside unless you doubted
your own manhood and was just tryin' ta prove somethin' to yourself?
Especially when you should be HOME tryin' to prove ya still got "it" to your
hot mama. No harm in window shoppin'(*) but when ya start to order it is a
symptom of a different problem.

(*) I always said to my ex-wife "It's only natural for men to look, it's a
biological part of who we are, our biological imperative. When I stop
lookin': check my pulse I'm probably dead!"

Proviso: This is all dependent upon if there is that "warmth" at home. If
there aint: fix the stuation, or break it up and move on.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"Kelly" <kwit...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

Sandy

Jan 11, 2001, 10:00:39 PM1/11/01
>1. Mr. Furley or Mr. Roper?

Mr. Furley

>2. Kramer or Rev. Jim Ignatowski?

Kramer

>3. Death Wish or Falling Down?

???
>4. Styx or Kansas?
mmm...toss up, but I'll pick Kansas

>5. "Frampton Comes Alive" or "Bat out of Hell"?

Frampton!

>6. "We Are the World" or "Hands Across America"?

We Are The World, I guess

>7. Hippies, punks or Goths?

Hippies by far!

>8. Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

Deep Purple

>9. Yes or Genesis?
I don't know...Yes, I guess

>10. Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero?

Vinnie!

>11. The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Oh god! The Exorcist I guess

>12. Soap or Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?

neither, really

>13. "Miss You" or "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"?

Do Ya....

>14. Which, if any, high school faction did you belong to (or want to
> belong to)?

None and none

>15. A memorably sad moment?

From the 70s? When my kitty Blackie died

>16. A memorably happy moment?

Going to pick up my puppy Spanky in 1977

>17. A memorably angry moment?

Dont remember one???

>18. A moment of deep contentment?

Sitting with my friends playing cards and joking around in the summer of 1976.
We were in a pop-up camper listening to the Top 100 of all time and didn't have
a care in the world! *sigh*

>19. Where were you when Reagan got shot?

Geez, I can't remember!

>20. Where were you when the OJ verdict was announced?

At my sisters house

>21. Where were you when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon?

Don't remember

>22. Which country would you most want to visit?

This one!

>23. Which historical event would you most like to have witnessed?

The Beatles coming to America!

>24. Romans or Barbarians?
Romans, I guess

>25. ancient Athenians or ancient Trojans?

Trojans

>26. Menscheviks, Bolsheviks, or Czarists?

ummm....none of the above?

>26. Neantherthals or Cro-Magnons?
gee, there both such cuties!

>27. Galileo or the Pope?
Galileo

>28. The Yippies or the Chicago police?

I just can't decide!

>29. east coast rappers or west coast rappers?

No rappers!

>30. Coen Brothers or Ferrelly Brothers?

Ferrelly Brothers

>31. Spike Lee or Oliver Stone?

Oliver

>32. Martin Scorsese or Francis Ford Coppola?

Coppola

>33. Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino?

Robert DeNiro (betcha I know which one Anne picked!)

>34. John Malkovich or Willem Dafoe?

Dafoe

>35. When did the new millenium begin: 2000 or 2001?

2000

>36. Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

I'm still trying to figure that out!

>37. favorite joke?
The one about Pinnoccio and heaven

>38. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1950s or 1960s?

???

>39. favorite low budget schlock movie from the 1970s?

>40. favorite low budget schlock movie from the last 3 years?

???

>41. The Oscars, the Golden Globes, or the Peoples Choice Awards?

anyone is ok...

>42. Hee Haw or the Lawrence Welk Show?

HeeHaw

>43. Gumby or Davey and Goliath?

Davey and Goliath

>42. Monopoly or The Game of Life?
Game of Life

that was fun! Thanks Tom! :)

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

Jeff Troutman

Jan 14, 2001, 1:20:25 AM1/14/01
"aleen" <@baynet.net> wrote:
> oh JEFFIKINS!!!!! I'm sooooo happy to see you back!!! <chasing you Big
> Ethel style>

Jeffhead: Yikes! Run for it, Hot Dog!

Hot Dog: Arf! (Translation: "What are you, insane?")

Jeffhead: Archie, Help!

Hot Dog: Arf! Arf! Arf! (Translation: "Look, have you *seen* the picture
on the '70s group page? Where's my laptop? Stupid owner...)

Jeffhead Jones; thanks for the exercise. :)

aleen the karaoke queen

Jan 14, 2001, 10:26:47 PM1/14/01
LOL oh "jeffhead"!!! that really made me laugh!!! i was having a
particularly bad day today but you cheered me right up!!! thanks for
the laugh! :-) here hot dog, here's your treat, tee hee!!

have a great day! :-)

big aleen, tricking jeffhead into her house with a plate full of burgers

In article <93rgpv$s4$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,

Jeff Troutman

Jan 15, 2001, 8:27:43 PM1/15/01
"aleen the karaoke queen" <al...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> LOL oh "jeffhead"!!! that really made me laugh!!! i was having a
> particularly bad day today but you cheered me right up!!! thanks for
> the laugh! :-) here hot dog, here's your treat, tee hee!!

The pleasure is entirely mine. Glad I could help.

> have a great day! :-)

You do the same.

> big aleen, tricking jeffhead into her house with a plate full of burgers

(picture of jeffhead floating through the air, nose first, following the
smell of burgers to the abode of big aleen)

Hot Dog: Arf! (Translation: "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger
today.")

Jeffhead Jones

aleen the karaoke queen

Jan 17, 2001, 10:48:05 PM1/17/01
awwww jeffikins!!! you are so sweet!!! :-)

big aleen

In article <9408d5$nk9$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>,