Repost from Dawna

The Wanderer

Dec 17, 2001, 2:03:01 AM12/17/01
Google didn't send this through the other day, as far as I can see, so I'm
reposting it from Buddy's computer:
Whew! I can finally sit down for a while and let you all know what a
wonderful meeting we enjoyed . . . last weekend. Hmmm, can't believe
a week has gone by. Sorry it's taken me so long. ;)

I'm pissed that we missed your phone calls, Liz and Dave! It takes
almost two hours to get to Kelly's from Buddy's, and he took an
inordinate amount of time to get ready! And if you believe that,
there's this bridge you might be interested in purchasing . . .

I so enjoyed the "intellectual" discussions with Tom, (love your
"Buddy" side!) talking hockey with Stevie, (who really IS a nice guy)
checking out the young men with Naz (haha), and the girl talk with
Kelly (hated leaving you with all those dishes, girl! I hope your
apartment has recovered.) Watching Rach's reaction to everything was
more than a kick, especially her red faced smiles and guffaws @
Buddy's raucousness. (Somehow he gets away with it all, and were you
taking pointers, eh?) Sure wish we could have shared a museum or two,
Rach . . . or should I say Lumpy?

Flashes of moments that stick out in my mind mostly entail snide
grins, smiles, and bursts of laughter. Wish it could have lasted much
longer!!!!

The rain and sore feets held us back a bit. I could tell it was
difficult for Buddy to leave wet Strawberry Fields for dry BBQs, but
his son hadn't yet arrived and said he wasn't going to this year. (He
did go later tho, and I met him the other day. For those who are
interested, he's just like his father in the "despicable" ways but
much sweeter and more patiently tolerant. Just as intelligent and
charming!) Anyway, if it hadn't been raining, I would have loved to
stay @ the Lennon Memorial, even if only for the fact that the Dakota
is right next to Billy Squier's building--teehee! Seriously, there
was a nice feeling of togetherness from the folks there.

As for my own trip to NY . . . As you all know, Buddy is the best tour
guide! The colorful flavor he adds cannot be rivaled in any regular
city tour. ;)

The funniest moment was @ the Met Museum store (near Rockefeller
Center) when Buddy went to pay for a book, and the young man behind
the counter asked for his phone number. There was a second of
silence, then Buddy said: watt foah? You wanna cawl me fer a date or
sumpthin?

The other night, we ate at an Italian "joint" in Little Italy, a place
straight from a movie like the Godfather. All that was missing was
the bullet holes in the wall and the dead body on the floor! Buddy
introduced me to canolli (sp?) like I've never tasted before.
(Whadevah connotations you want to spin that on you're welcome to!)
It seems that almost every corner we turn, someone knows Buddy. ;)

We went through the Guggenheim Museum the other day, (the Norman
Rockwell Exhibit is wonderful!!) and we will be back there to go
through the Met on Sunday. We've walked through the East Village,
Greenwich Village, (and Buddy showed me the exact spot he was standing
when he called me on his cell in June and he heard the DooWop group
down the street in the Projects singing Just Two Kinds of People in
the World . . . this was the call where he asked, "So I guess we're
courting or something, huh?" and I answered, "I guess we are, yeah.")
AND the best walk of all, in my opinion was through Brooklyn Heights,
along the promenade, and across the Brooklyn Bridge, otherwise known
as Buddy's mistress. ;)

At one point this week, he said something so sweet. He said that
showing me around NYC is like showing his one lady off to his other
lady. (I hope I quoted that correctly.) I was rather proud at that
moment.

We saw the Broadway show 42nd Street, then came straight home and
watched the original movie. (I don't know of a movie that Buddy
doesn't have, other than kid stuff or "hard core" romance.) The
Rockettes Christmas Spectacular WAS spectacular, especially the 3D
movie of Santa flying over NYC. But Buddy wasn't much impressed with
it; none of the live animals "took a crap" on stage. We also ate at
Juniors where they have very good cheesecake, then last night, he took
me to a genuine Chip Shop. I hadn't had malt vinegar on fries since
forever.

I know I'm missing some things we've done, but there is so much, it's
hard to remember it all when you're sitting before the keyboard. We
were supposed to be in Jersey today to visit Buddy's relatives, but I
ended up sick. I know he is disappointed, but he has some more movies
lined up for me to watch. The Wanderers was great, and I think he has
Goodfellas and Crime Story's.

We still have a lot to do, but an entire week to do them in. I'm
really enjoying NYC.

I want to thank each and every one of you for adding to this great
time, and I mean those that couldn't make it and couldn't call also.
We WERE all together last week.

[God bless us every ONE! ;)]

Give care,
Dawna

David Ballarotto

Dec 17, 2001, 3:33:13 PM12/17/01

> I'm pissed that we missed your phone calls, Liz and Dave! It takes
> almost two hours to get to Kelly's from Buddy's, and he took an
> inordinate amount of time to get ready! And if you believe that,
> there's this bridge you might be interested in purchasing . . .

Don't worry, Dawna. I can't speak for Liz, but you probably didn't miss
that much from me! LOL!

Kelly

Dec 17, 2001, 3:45:26 PM12/17/01

David Ballarotto wrote
Dawna,

I spoke to the man. He has a wicked sexy voice. You may only have eyes for
Buddy, but you still would have appreciated it.

Kelly

LizzieZ

Dec 17, 2001, 4:23:18 PM12/17/01

Well I am damn bummed that I didn't get to speak to you Dawna (and don't sell
yourself short David -- I heard all about your voice <g>), especially after
chatting with you online. It would have been fabulous to have a real live
conversation with you. (Not meaning to leave you out Buddy, but I did get to
speak to you at the last gathering; Dawna's would be a new voice to me.)

I know we've batted this idea around before, but has anyone used any of the
free internet phone software like NetMeeting or Net2Phone (both of which I
have, BTW, in case anyone wants to try it out), especially some that you can
use to conference more than 2 people? Sort of like an audio chat room. That
might come in really handy for this group!

Liz

MollyFa

Dec 17, 2001, 5:13:30 PM12/17/01
Dawna, I was so wanting to talk to you and Buddy too. Even though Buddy and
I don't see eye to eye, I just wanted to hear his voice. :)

Molly

Kelly

Dec 17, 2001, 5:20:09 PM12/17/01

MollyFa wrote

> Dawna, I was so wanting to talk to you and Buddy too. Even though Buddy
and
> I don't see eye to eye, I just wanted to hear his voice. :)
>
> Molly

But at least you got to talk to us!

Kelly

MollyFa

Dec 17, 2001, 8:34:19 PM12/17/01
Yeah, Kelly, it was wonderful to hear your voices. Now I just have to meet
you all. *sigh*

Molly

Dawna

Dec 20, 2001, 8:27:20 AM12/20/01
Au contraire! Would have been nice to hear your voice. ;)
~~Dawna

"David Ballarotto" <ba...@stargate.net> wrote in message

Dawna

Dec 20, 2001, 8:27:57 AM12/20/01
You're so right, Kelly! Just cuz you're on a diet don't mean you can't read
the menu. ;)
~~Dawna

"Kelly" <not_my_ema...@xxx.com> wrote in message

Dawna

Dec 20, 2001, 8:31:05 AM12/20/01
Ditto for me! Buddy and I don't have the getting-ready-in-the-same-bathroom
down quite yet. I still have Chicago on my list of places to see
architecturally, and the fact that you're there moves it up a couple
notches!!!!

Hope you had a nice Hannukah!
~~Dawna

"LizzieZ" <liz...@aol.comedy> wrote in message

LizzieZ

Dec 20, 2001, 10:46:32 AM12/20/01
>Hope you had a nice Hannukah!

Thanks Dawna! Actually, I have a funny story to tell about that, and it even
relates to something we've discussed in this group!

Saturday night my family got together for our Hanukkah gathering (LOVE my mom's
latkes!), and were settling in to exchange gifts. We passed them all out to
the correct recipients, and all of a sudden my sister gets a funny look on her
face. She realizes that there is a distinct chance that among the 5 of us
sitting there, 3 gifts appear (while still wrapped) to be *identical* to each
other. My dad had one (from my sis and bro-in-law), my mom had one from me,
and my sis had the 3rd one, also from me. At this point, now my mom thinks she
knows exactly what it is, even though she hadn't bought one. So before any of
the wrapping has come off, we are in hysterics over how well we know each other
that we ALL would have gotten the same thing. And what was this most
appropriate gift? The brand-new coffee table book about the musical of "The
Producers!" Sure enough, all got unwrapped, and they were exactly the same. I
hadn't bought one for myself, because I figured that I'd see it at one of their
houses, but since my mom and dad both ended up with copies (one from each
daughter), they gave me one of theirs. Wasn't that sweet? Talk about a
close-knit family! LOL

Liz

Dawna

Dec 21, 2001, 5:01:37 PM12/21/01
That is so cool! Tightly knit for sure.

That happened to my mom and I with a Titanic jigsaw puzzle, but that's not
quite the same as your book.