quisp is back!!!

Kelly

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00

"Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message > Now if we can
only get them to bring back "Freakies".

I agree!

--
Kelly

ICQ 35590613
Yahoo Messenger Spider66_kw
AOL Instant Messenger Kelly071966

Dwight & Lina Zerkle

Oct 18, 2000, 9:43:20 PM10/18/00
I saw it here in Indiana at a supermarket the other day!! LOL!!! its funny
to see how stuff from when we were kids come around again!

Dixon Hayes

Oct 19, 2000, 12:03:52 AM10/19/00
Dwight & Lina Zerkle wrote:

>I saw it here in Indiana at a supermarket the other day!! LOL!!! its funny
>to see how stuff from when we were kids >come around again!

Now if we can only get them to bring back "Freakies".

Dixon

===========
"You never know when another beast might come down out of the forest!"
--Barney Fife, legendary lawman

Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

The Wanderer

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00
I think the name is too synonymous with the '70s to be brought back under
that name. We called ourselves Freaks, and thought things were Freaky, and
Frank Zappas Album was Freak Out. Now The term Freak had fallen into a state
of, if not disrepair, then disparagement. The only way you will here the
wors Freak used today is in the context that my Black friends used it then.
To be a Superfreak, be Freakish, or to Get You Freak On. All sexual terms
meaning to be or become uninhibited, no holds barred sexually, bordering on
the perverse.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn
"Kelly" <kwit...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> "Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message > Now if we

can
> only get them to bring back "Freakies".

Kelly

Oct 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/19/00

"Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message > Then I guess
Ralston Purina won't be bringing back Freakies Cereal then, or the
> Freakies who live in the Freakies tree??

I want the Freakies back!!!!!

i_m...@my-deja.com

Oct 19, 2000, 10:42:48 PM10/19/00
In article <XksH5.1113$Mw4.2...@paloalto-snr1.gtei.net>,

"Dwight & Lina Zerkle" <lmze...@dklb.net> wrote:
> I saw it here in Indiana at a supermarket the other day!! LOL!!! its funny
> to see how stuff from when we were kids come around again!

Wasn't there one called "Quake" marketed with Quisp? It sorta tasted like
Cap'n Crunch IIRC.....AJ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Dixon Hayes

Oct 20, 2000, 12:05:40 AM10/20/00
Buddy wrote:

>To be a Superfreak, be Freakish, or to Get You Freak On. All sexual terms
>meaning to be or become uninhibited, no holds barred sexually, bordering on
>the perverse.

Then I guess Ralston Purina won't be bringing back Freakies Cereal then, or the

Freakies who live in the Freakies tree??

<ducking>

The Wanderer

Oct 20, 2000, 12:46:26 AM10/20/00
Just exactly WHAY do you think they're doing in that tree?

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5591/

"Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message

Dixon Hayes

Oct 20, 2000, 12:56:40 AM10/20/00
As Paul Lynde once said when Peter Marshall asked which was the mule's mother,
the donkey or the horse...

"I don't want to watch and I don't want to know!"

Dixon

Buddy wrote:
>Just exactly WHAT do you think they're doing in that tree?

Jamie

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
> Then I guess Ralston Purina won't be bringing back Freakies Cereal then, or the
> Freakies who live in the Freakies tree??

Ralston PURINA makes cereal?! I buy Purina Cat Chow for my CAT! Scary. I've never
seen Purina anywhere other than the cat food aisle of my grocery store.

Tiny, have you seen it here? Or have I just been unobservant (which wouldn't be
surprising!)

Jamie

Tiny Dancer

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
And so the word went out from Jamie <mcer...@csolve.net>:

>Ralston PURINA makes cereal?! I buy Purina Cat Chow for my CAT!
>Scary. I've never seen Purina anywhere other than the cat food aisle
>of my grocery store.
>
>Tiny, have you seen it here? Or have I just been unobservant (which
>wouldn't be surprising!)

Jamie, Purina *used* to make cereals. Here's the info from this GREAT site:

http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/3278/cereal-ralston.html

"On January 31, 1997 Ralcorp Holdings sold their branded ready-to-eat
cereal business to General Mills. This included its core Chex and Cookie
Crisp brands, along with trademark and technology rights for these branded
products. Ralcorp still makes private-label cereals."

The site has tons of cereal box images (most of them the actual box or just
the character in question), looks like Purina concentrated on TV/cartoon links.
The list starts with good old Freakies from the early '70s.

Cheers,

TD

I could whistle up an old tune
That your memory might recall
Rustle up some reminisce
'Bout the good old days and all
from Harry Chapin's "If My Mary Were Here"

Webmistress of the official a.c.u '70s site
http://members.nbci.com/oroborus12/70s.html

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://i.am/tinyd

Jamie

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
> Jamie, Purina *used* to make cereals. Here's the info from this GREAT site:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/3278/cereal-ralston.html

I've spent a lot of time the last couple of days at this great site. I remember the
Kelloggs, Post, General Mills, and of course the Quaker Oats brands that I was
subjected to as a kid. If it had a cartoon on the box, we weren't allowed to eat it
for breakfast, save and except Count Chocula for an after school treat. But I don't
ever remember seeing any Ralston/Purina here.

Jamie

The Wanderer

Oct 20, 2000, 10:17:38 PM10/20/00
Now I know this seems OT but there's a lesbian bar on the lower east side of
Manhattan and it's name is (drum roll)....................MEOW MIX! Really.
Chow chow chow chow......... Think about it.

"Jamie" <mcer...@csolve.net> wrote in message

Dixon Hayes

Oct 21, 2000, 2:42:34 AM10/21/00
Jamie wrote:

>Ralston PURINA makes cereal?! I buy Purina Cat Chow for my CAT! Scary. I've
>never
>seen Purina anywhere other than the cat food aisle of my grocery store.

They did at one time. The "folks at Checkboard Square" were almost always
mentioned in many commercials over the years for Chex...

Dixon

Tiny Dancer

Oct 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/21/00
And so the word went out from Jamie <mcer...@csolve.net>:

>> http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/3278/cereal-ralston.html

>I've spent a lot of time the last couple of days at this great site. I remember the
>Kelloggs, Post, General Mills, and of course the Quaker Oats brands that I was
>subjected to as a kid. If it had a cartoon on the box, we weren't allowed to eat it
>for breakfast, save and except Count Chocula for an after school treat. But I don't
>ever remember seeing any Ralston/Purina here.

Hmm ... you could be right about that, Jamie, maybe they never crossed
the border. I honestly couldn't tell you where I would have eaten Freakies
cereal, for example, it may have been on a visit to the States.

Cheers,

TD

Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and classless and free
from John Lennon's "Working Class Hero"

doug holverson

Oct 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/22/00

> From: "The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.culture.us.1970s
> Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:46:26 GMT
> Subject: Re: quisp is back!!!

> Just exactly WHAY do you think they're doing in that tree?

Freakin' out!

>:)

DGH