Favorite Kids Shows

Molly

Jan 15, 2001, 1:49:09 AM1/15/01
Okay, what were some of your favorite kids shows of the 70s? They can
include those educational shows they showed a lot on PBS. Here are
mine.

The Kroft Supershow (with Kaptain Kool and the Kongs)
Barbapapa
The Kids From CAPER
Shazam!
Fat Albert
Isis
The All-New Mickey Mouse Club
The Letter People (I'm not sure if this started in the 70s or the 80s)
Electric Company

When my brain wakes up, I'll post more. :)

Molly

Dixon Hayes

Jan 15, 2001, 2:45:11 AM1/15/01
Wow...I know for a fact I will leave some stuff out...

Captain Kangaroo
Romper Room (though that was more 60s for me)
Speed Racer
SuperFriends
Scooby Doo (earliest years)
Sesame Street
Electric Company
Zoom
Mr. Wizard
Bullwinkle & Rocky (the classics never go out of style)
The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show (ditto)
Jonny Quest

Dixon
=============
"Let's dance, Maude...you're starting to get to me!"
--Barney Fife

Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

David Ballarotto

Jan 15, 2001, 3:20:15 AM1/15/01

There weren't a lot to choose from where I grew up and envied city kids who
could watch independent TV stations that aired cartoons all afternoon.
I did like Captain Kangaroo, The Electric Company, and Sesame Street. Mr.
Rogers, too.
On Saturday mornings, I used to love Speed Buggy, Scooby-Doo Movies, and The
New Adventures of Batman.

WiNK

Jan 15, 2001, 8:48:10 AM1/15/01
Sigmund the Sea Monster
Josie and the Pussycats
Fat Albert
Electric Company
ZOOM!
New Zoo Revue
Land of the Lost

Nadine

--
"Soon we'll be away from here, step on the gas and wipe that tear away.
One sweet dream came true today..."

Molly <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Oriole Adams

Jan 15, 2001, 9:06:39 AM1/15/01
Zoom!

I wanted dearly to be a Zoom-er...I sent away for the info; I was the right age
group, but the drawback was you had to live within driving distance of the WGBH
studios in Boston, and I lived in suburban Detroit. Darn.

Some of my faves from when I was a wee little kid might have been local; they
were all broadcast on Channel 9, which was our CBC (Canada) outlet:

Friendly Giant
Mr. Dressup
Chez Helene

That last one is kinda funny; the whole show was in French - the only character
that spoke English was the mouse puppet, Suzy. I watched it faithfully every
day, though, even though I couldn't understand 90 percent of it.

Then again, I used to sit and watch the test pattern, too.....

Jeff Troutman

Jan 15, 2001, 4:12:44 PM1/15/01
"Molly" <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Okay, what were some of your favorite kids shows of the 70s? They can
> include those educational shows they showed a lot on PBS. Here are
> mine.

Flintstones
Bugs Bunny
Scooby-Doo
Super Friends
Land of the Lost
Bullwinkle & Rocky
Wonderama
Sesame Street
Electric Company
and of course, Star Blazers

Jeff Troutman

Molly

Jan 15, 2001, 4:34:44 PM1/15/01
I used to watch Wonderama too. Bob McAllistair (sp) was a great host. I
also forgot to add Zoom and Let's All Sing with Tony Salatang (sp). "Let's
all sing a song today."

Molly

Swift

Jan 15, 2001, 10:56:24 PM1/15/01
to alt.culture.us.1980s
Did anyone mention these?

Mixed 70s and 80s:

Journey to the Center of the Earth
Ultraman
High Feather (PBS)
Alphabet Soup (PBS)
The Bloodhound Gang (PBS)
Muppet Show
Hanna Barbera Show
Spiderman
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Great Space Coaster

Molly

Jan 16, 2001, 12:10:07 AM1/16/01
Wasn't the Bloodhound Gang part of 3-2-1 Contact? It was three kids who
solved mysteries. That was cool, and so was 3-2-1 Contact. My cable
system is adding new stations and Noggin is one of them. They show
3-2-1 Contact, Electric Company, Square One TV (which I liked) and
Sesame Street.

Molly

Nancy

Jan 16, 2001, 7:08:16 AM1/16/01
I loved of Dixon's choices.( Except I was too old for Sesame Street :-P)
Also loved the one with Poindexter(sp?) can't remember the name though.

Did anyone else notice the human characters in Pokemon resemble the ones in
SpeedRacer? My guess is both originate in Japan????

Dixon Hayes wrote in message
<20010115024511...@ng-cu1.aol.com>...

Molly

Jan 16, 2001, 1:17:10 PM1/16/01
Both Speedracer and Pokeman are from Japan.

Molly

Raphael

Jan 16, 2001, 8:54:01 PM1/16/01
Molly <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Okay, what were some of your favorite kids shows of the 70s? They can
> include those educational shows they showed a lot on PBS. Here are
> mine.

Hee hee...ok, time to reign in the obsessions...I promise to only name Kids
from C.A.P.E.R. once <G>...

Kids from C.A.P.E.R. (I meant once on the list...)
Krofft Supershow
Monster Squad
Groovie Ghoulies
Bugs Bunny Road Runner show
Hardy Boys (I know it's more prime time but still....)
Scooby Doo
Laff A Lympics
Hong Kong Phooey

Ok...that'll do for a start...

Erin ">

Molly

Jan 17, 2001, 3:05:55 AM1/17/01
HOORAY FOR THE KIDS FROM CAPER!!!!!!! BUGS RULES!!!!!!!

Molly

Aldo Pignotti

Jan 17, 2001, 9:54:08 AM1/17/01
Anybody here from the Albany, NY area? Anyone remember
the Freddie Friehopher (sp?) Show, Glendora or Ginnie's
Gameroom? Not to brag, but I made a brief appearance on
the Freddie Friehopher Show. I still remember Ginnie's
theme song. I don't remember much about Glendora's show
except she showed "Felix the Cat", "Clutch Cargo" and
one other cartoon I really liked, I think it was called
"Johhny Cloud, Space Angel".

Also there was a really cool puppet show on Saturday
mornings, I think it was from England. It was something
like "FireBall XL5". All I remember about it was it
was a puppet show and that the space center could go
underground when it was threatened.

--
It ain't no sin
to be glad you're alive - the boss

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Jeff Troutman

Jan 17, 2001, 8:08:25 PM1/17/01
"Ugly" <baba...@drlauramail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:56:24 -0800, Swift babbled on about Re: Favorite
Kids Shows
> proclaiming:

> >Did anyone mention these?
> >
> >Mixed 70s and 80s:
> >
> >The Bloodhound Gang (PBS)
>
> You'd think they were from the Discovery Channel based on their song.

Those boys ain't nothin but mammals.

Jeff Troutman

Chris Siciliano

Jan 17, 2001, 9:41:53 PM1/17/01
I use to love "Marlo and the Magic Movie Machine"

"Hello Marlo", "Hello Machine"

Molly

Jan 17, 2001, 9:53:26 PM1/17/01
AHHHHHH, I forgot about this show. This was a great show.

Molly

The Wanderer

Jan 18, 2001, 12:16:38 AM1/18/01
Not from Albany but I remember that show Fireball XL 5 (made to look and
sound like the X15) with the marionettes. The show had a theme song that was
very catchy, sort of like a Jimmy Gilmer song. Wasn't the lead "character"
named Mike Mercury?

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis
"Aldo Pignotti" <getu...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

The Wanderer

Jan 18, 2001, 12:20:43 AM1/18/01
Sorry, my mistake. As I thought about it more I remembered where Mike
Mercury was the star. It was Supercar, another show just like Fireball XL 5.
This was mid '60s and the car went from submarine to jet, and everything in
between.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Molly

Jan 18, 2001, 1:42:57 AM1/18/01
Those marionette!!! They eyebrows moved up and down. It was funny. Also,
there was Thunderbirds Are Go. Those shows are so bad they're funny.

Molly

Phaedra Alwell

Jan 18, 2001, 3:09:20 AM1/18/01
Ohhh I just loved
CAPTAIN kangaroo
Scooby Doo (still do!)
Sesame Street

Phaedra '74 :)

Sandy

Jan 23, 2001, 12:58:18 PM1/23/01
>I loved of Dixon's choices

Yes, good choices Dixon!

>.( Except I was too old for Sesame Street :-P)

(me too, Nancy :( )

>Did anyone else notice the human characters in Pokemon resemble the ones in
>SpeedRacer? My guess is both originate in Japan????

Yes, yes! I said that the first time I saw it!!
I wonder if they did it on purpose so us oldies would be nostalgic and let the
kids watch it?? hmmm....

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

Sandy

Jan 23, 2001, 1:02:52 PM1/23/01
> don't remember much about Glendora's show
>except she showed "Felix the Cat",

Oh when I was REAL little Felix was my most favorite show! Of course then I
grew up and became more sophisticated and H.R. Pufnstuf became my favorite.

Anyone remember Kimba The White Lion?
I still remember the tune to the song, but can only remember the words "Kimba
The White Lion is the one"

Sandy

Jan 23, 2001, 1:04:11 PM1/23/01
>Anybody here from the Albany, NY area?

Nope, Boston area here. We had Major Mudd here....remember him?

RetroTrish

Jan 23, 2001, 4:19:00 PM1/23/01
Jeff mentioned "Wonderama" -- that name is so familiar but I can't place it.
What was this show about/like?

--
Trish in Atlanta
Visit my Retro Fun website:

RetroTrish

Jan 23, 2001, 4:22:00 PM1/23/01
I was born in 1961, so mostly saw kids shows in the 60s -- although I still
liked early 70s cartoons. My fave kids shows and cartoons included:

Captain Kangaroo (my all-time favorite)
Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
Romper Room
Mr. Pix (Atlanta)
Officer Don (Atlanta)
anything Hanna-Barbera, from Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound to the Archies
and Josie and the Pussycats
all things Krofft -- esp. H.R. Pufnstuf
New Zoo Review

shellys...@my-deja.com

Jan 23, 2001, 5:25:35 PM1/23/01
In article <3A629DD4...@worldnet.att.net>,

Molly <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Okay, what were some of your favorite kids shows of the 70s? They can
> include those educational shows they showed a lot on PBS. Here are
> mine.
>
> The Kroft Supershow (with Kaptain Kool and the Kongs)

That was good.

> Barbapapa

I don't remember that one but it sounds dumb.

> The Kids From CAPER

What was that?

> Shazam!

Shazam was cool (or should I say groovy :)

> Fat Albert

great show!
> Isis

Isis was groovy too!

> The All-New Mickey Mouse Club

Okay.

> The Letter People (I'm not sure if this started in the 70s or the 80s)
> Electric Company

I like that.

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 23, 2001, 9:31:01 PM1/23/01
>>Did anyone else notice the human characters in Pokemon resemble the ones in
>>SpeedRacer? My guess is both originate in Japan????

Of course they do, it's a Japanese style known as Anime, the large eyes and
childlike look that even the adult characters have is typical. C'mon people,
check out a little thing known as the Internet, you can find out all sorts of
groovy things.
-ANT

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 23, 2001, 9:35:01 PM1/23/01
>Oh when I was REAL little Felix was my most favorite show!

(singing) "Felix the Cat...whenever he needs a fix, he reaches into his back of
trix"

>Anyone remember Kimba The White Lion?

Yep, from Japan. The creator of that sued Disney over their Lion King cartoons
and won. A friend of mine is in the process of doing the same, as she has
written (and has had published) a series of books that Disney knew about (her
agent had approached them about selling these). Some things never change.

If she wins, then I'll have a solid gold computer to cruise the web with. <G>
-ANT

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 23, 2001, 9:36:09 PM1/23/01
How about Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse? A cartoon animal version of Batman &
Robin. Was created by the same feller--Bob Kane.
-ANT

Molly

Jan 23, 2001, 11:20:30 PM1/23/01
It was on WNEW (Channel 5 in NYC), and it was a show hosted by Bob McAllistair.
I don't remember much about it. I believe it was a variety show, but I'm not
positive. I was a little kid at the time.

Molly 72

The Wanderer

Jan 23, 2001, 11:36:02 PM1/23/01
OK ANT This is for you. Do you remember Tommy Seven. At 8 am on weekday
mornings on Channel 7 WABC. His theme song "East side, west side, all around
the town. The kids watch Tommy Seven he's their favorite TV clown."

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"ANT The Monarch of Menace " <s2...@aol.computer> wrote in message

NJROB65

Jan 24, 2001, 12:06:04 AM1/24/01

I watched that all the time, my favorite was The Frog, an Edward G.
Robinsonesque character.

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 24, 2001, 1:21:29 AM1/24/01
> I watched that all the time, my favorite was The Frog, an Edward G.
>Robinsonesque character.

Yep, in the first episode where he was introduced he originally was known as
"Bet a Million Frog" or something very close to that. He had a catch phrase
which he annoyingly repeated as naseum "I'd bet a million on that...."

I guess the producers saw how quickly that wore on one's neves as they got rid
of that nonsense soon if not immediately thereafter.
-ANT

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 24, 2001, 1:32:40 AM1/24/01
>OK ANT This is for you. Do you remember Tommy Seven. At 8 am on weekday
>mornings on Channel 7 WABC. His theme song "East side, west side, all around
>the town. The kids watch Tommy Seven he's their favorite TV clown."

No, is he any relation of the Jerky Boy's Sparky da Clown? <G>
-ANT

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 24, 2001, 1:56:20 AM1/24/01
>It was on WNEW (Channel 5 in NYC), and it was a show hosted by Bob
>McAllistair.
>I don't remember much about it. I believe it was a variety show, but I'm not
>positive. I was a little kid at the time.

Originally hosted by Sonny Fox. Here's the killer links, first one is for
Sonny, the second for Bob:
http://www.tvparty.com/lostkids1.html
http://www.tvparty.com/lostwonder.html
This is for Sandy Becker:
http://christophergross.com/becker/becker.html
-ANT

The Wanderer

Jan 24, 2001, 2:01:12 AM1/24/01
Dont know. Not a particular fan of Jerkys. But I am suprised that I gotcha
on one. You seem pretty knowledgeable.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis
"ANT The Monarch of Menace " <s2...@aol.computer> wrote in message

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 24, 2001, 2:54:02 AM1/24/01
>Dont know. Not a particular fan of Jerkys. But I am suprised that I gotcha
>on one. You seem pretty knowledgeable.

You made that up just to stump me, you doity rat bastid! <G>
-ANT

Sandy

Jan 24, 2001, 9:18:27 AM1/24/01
>>Anyone remember Kimba The White Lion?
>
>Yep, from Japan. The creator of that sued Disney over their Lion King
>cartoons
>and won.

Your kidding! I didn't know that...

Sandy

Jan 24, 2001, 9:20:12 AM1/24/01
>Never heard of it. But my sourcebook has <g>
>
>"White lion cub Kimba and his friends patrol the jungle in order to keep
>peace in Africa
>4,000 years ago. Some of Kimba's friends included Dan'l Baboon, Samson,
>Pauley Cracker
>and King Speckle Rex. Produced in Japan, the series was distributed by NBC's
>syndicated
>division. A Mushi Studios Production. Color. Half-hour episodes. Premiered
>September
>11, 1966.
>The voice of Kimba was played by Billie Lou Watt.
>
>If my baby wasn't crying I'd count the episodes. Later maybe.

Yeah, thats it! Thanks for all the details Bababooey :)
(is the baby alright now?)

The Wanderer

Jan 24, 2001, 9:44:53 AM1/24/01
No, I didn't make it up. He was on for about ten years i guess from the
early '60s. He had a push cart full of crap (figuratively, that is) that he
would wheel out. He was preceeded by Farmer Gray Cartoons. He used to
feature Courageous Cat & Minute Mouse Cartoons.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis
"ANT The Monarch of Menace " <s2...@aol.computer> wrote in message

Aldo Pignotti

Jan 24, 2001, 12:19:57 PM1/24/01
In article <20010123130411...@ng-cv1.aol.com>,

sand...@aol.com (Sandy) wrote:
> >Anybody here from the Albany, NY area?
>
> Nope, Boston area here. We had Major Mudd here....remember him?

Nope, never heard of Major Mudd, but I do remember visting my
grandparents in the Boston area and watching a show where the
host was an old sea captain. He mostly showed "popeye" cartoons.
There was also a station from Maine that showed "Farmer Alfalfa"
and the "Little Rascals" every morning. The name of the show
with the "Little Rascals" was "The Mischief Makers". Oddly,
I can remember the theme song for the show. It must have been
a lot of fun to work on those shows.

---

It ain't no sin
to be glad you're alive - the boss

Jeff Troutman

Jan 24, 2001, 5:56:13 PM1/24/01
"Sandy" <sand...@aol.com> wrote:
> >>Anyone remember Kimba The White Lion?
> >
> >Yep, from Japan. The creator of that sued Disney over their Lion King
> >cartoons
> >and won.
>
> Your kidding! I didn't know that...

It never got a lot of press except in the animation mags. I believe the
point of contention being that Kimba's back story was pretty similar to the
Lion King's.

Jeff Troutman

Sandy

Jan 24, 2001, 6:57:21 PM1/24/01
>I do remember visting my
>grandparents in the Boston area and watching a show where the
>host was an old sea captain

Geez...I don't remember that one. About what year was it out? Maybe if someone
says the name it will jog a memory for me.

How About Willie Whistle? Anyone remember him? Was that annoying or what!?

Sandy

Jan 24, 2001, 7:05:48 PM1/24/01
>Sure, she's fine. Was just hungry. The darling is three months old now, my
>first and
>only, and usually hangs around in the computer room while I'm reading
>messages where we
>talk back and forth... well... she doesn't "talk" but it's close enough for
>me

Awwww...glad to hear she healthy and happy. Sounds like she's got a great Dad
too! :)

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 24, 2001, 8:32:16 PM1/24/01
>It never got a lot of press except in the animation mags. I believe the
>point of contention being that Kimba's back story was pretty similar to the
>Lion King's.

Yep, Disney hates to garner negative publicity. My friend's story was copied
from her book, AND TV cartoon that was produced for the Capt Kanagroo show.
Point for point that literally stole her story.

Up until Disney ripped her off I hated them for their vanillafication of
America. Now I love em, as they're gonna have to fork over a bundle of dough to
someone close to me!
-ANT

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 24, 2001, 9:28:57 PM1/24/01
>No, I didn't make it up. He was on for about ten years i guess from the
>early '60s. He had a push cart full of crap (figuratively, that is) that he
>would wheel out. He was preceeded by Farmer Gray Cartoons. He used to
>feature Courageous Cat & Minute Mouse Cartoons.

Gawd, I just don't remember that at all! How about those early morning farm
report kinda shows that preceeded even Davey & Goliath?

Remember Tex Antoine? A friend of mine has one of those wacky drawings he used
to doodle for his weather reports. I wonder if it's worth anything now.
-ANT

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 24, 2001, 9:33:12 PM1/24/01
>How About Willie Whistle? Anyone remember him? Was that annoying or what!?

There was a kiddie show host on some local UHF Long Island channel in the late
70's called Capt Ahab. It was so funny, he was a big fat guy with a beard. He
comes out and you expect to hear a deep baritone, but instead he spoke in such
a high register that dog's ear would burst into flames!
-ANT

recsec

Jan 25, 2001, 2:21:25 AM1/25/01

"ANT The Monarch of Menace " <s2...@aol.computer> wrote in message

Well here's to originality there ANT, BUT,keep in mind that Disney can
afford the HIGH PRICED trash, I mean, lawyers that can make your friend
question her own originality of the story, I say good luck to her tho!!!
Billy

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 25, 2001, 5:32:13 AM1/25/01
>Well here's to originality there ANT, BUT,keep in mind that Disney can
>afford the HIGH PRICED trash, I mean, lawyers that can make your friend
>question her own originality of the story, I say good luck to her tho!!!
>Billy

Yep, but I have two VERY conservative lawyers who feel strongly about this
case. This case is supported by heavy documentation, most of it in the public
domain and some from internal documents.

At the very least they will offer her money to be quiet and go away. They've
literally made billions on the Lion King series, of which even if she were to
get 1% would come to nice chunk.
-ANT

The Wanderer

Jan 25, 2001, 5:35:54 AM1/25/01
Since you mention the Farm Reports (real important in the big city) do you
remember the Jack LaLanne Show early in the AM with his white German
Shepherd? Or a show called Jungle-La about jungle animals. That was around
the time of New Zoo Review.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis
"ANT The Monarch of Menace " <s2...@aol.computer> wrote in message

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 25, 2001, 5:44:34 AM1/25/01
>Since you mention the Farm Reports (real important in the big city) do you
>remember the Jack LaLanne Show early in the AM with his white German
>Shepherd? Or a show called Jungle-La about jungle animals. That was around
>the time of New Zoo Review.

Definatley remember Jack LaLanne and his tight jump suit and that funky organ
music (so typical of soaps at that time).

Vaguely recall the Jungle show, but that New Zoo Revue coming right at you
always made me wanna duck.

How about Concentration? They had that game board with the numbered squares
that revolved to display a prive and then a piece of the puzzle (a phonetic
pictogram). The thing that always stuck in mind was the extremely loud relay
noise that would blare whenever one of those squares would revolve.
Buzzzzzzappp!
-ANT

recsec

Jan 25, 2001, 6:12:50 AM1/25/01

> Since you mention the Farm Reports (real important in the big city) do you
> remember the Jack LaLanne Show early in the AM with his white German
> Shepherd? Or a show called Jungle-La about jungle animals. That was around
> the time of New Zoo Review.
>
> --
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn
> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5591/
>
> "If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
> Aristotle Onassis

Now yer talkin' my language Buddy!!! I remember him & his dog! But I think
he had 2 of them didn't he? Many was the time that I would do jumpin' jacks
& other exercises with him & his wife Elaine LaLanne. Of course I somehow
managed to forget to do it after a certain age, but it was fun back then.
Billy

Francis McGill

Jan 25, 2001, 6:19:23 AM1/25/01
A "rebus," yeah . . . that was unique.

ANT The Monarch of Menace (s2...@aol.computer) wrote:
: How about Concentration? They had that game board with the numbered squares

: that revolved to display a prive and then a piece of the puzzle (a phonetic
: pictogram). The thing that always stuck in mind was the extremely loud relay
: noise that would blare whenever one of those squares would revolve.
: Buzzzzzzappp!
: -ANT

* *
* Francis McGill *
* a052...@bc.seflin.org *
* "Glory to God in the Highest" *
* *

Nanc

Jan 25, 2001, 7:12:26 AM1/25/01
Oh I'm so glad you said that!!!! My friend Donna loooved that show and that
whistling drove me up a wall.

Aldo Pignotti

Jan 25, 2001, 10:38:29 AM1/25/01
In article <20010124185721...@ng-df1.aol.com>,
sand...@aol.com (Sandy) wrote:

> How About Willie Whistle? Anyone remember him? Was that annoying or
what!?

One of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV was Willie
Whistle on one of those blooper shows. He had a huge snake on
the show and it got into his pants. At first he thought it
was funny and took off his pants. Then he discovered it was
in his clown underwear which wasn't quite as funny. He
pulled down his clown underwear and the snake was coiled in
and out his real underwear. By now Willie is freaking out but
he can't say anything because that whistle is stuck in the
back of his mouth. All he can do is whistle. I almost wet my
pants laughing.

The Wanderer

Jan 25, 2001, 1:17:07 PM1/25/01
Yeah I think it was connected to the Electric Chair at Sing Sing, and that
was the sound we wuz hearing.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis
"ANT The Monarch of Menace " <s2...@aol.computer> wrote in message

The Wanderer

Jan 25, 2001, 1:17:08 PM1/25/01
Mighta had 2 dogs, but I definitely remember 1.

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
Aristotle Onassis

"recsec" <rec...@flash.net> wrote in message

Phaedra Alwell

Jan 25, 2001, 4:14:26 PM1/25/01
I used to love watching Kaptain Kangaroo Sesame Street Scooby Doo
The Great Space Coaster

Those were great kids shows the kids shows that are on today are just
not as good.

OT : I just received word that i was recommended for a long term
substitute teaching postion at the high school!
It will be for English and that is what i hope to get my degree in how
cool is that?
Anyway it starts Monday and Im super thrilled
to be able to do this.
Just thought i would pass that along!

Phaedra '74

Nanc

Jan 25, 2001, 8:43:58 PM1/25/01
Congrats Phaedra!!! You sound like you'll be great with kids.

Sandy

Jan 26, 2001, 1:58:00 PM1/26/01
>T : I just received word that i was recommended for a long term
>substitute teaching postion at the high school!
>It will be for English and that is what i hope to get my degree in how
>cool is that?
>Anyway it starts Monday and Im super thrilled
>to be able to do this.
>Just thought i would pass that along!
>
>Phaedra '74

Pretty Darn cool Phaedra!! Wow!! Best of luck and don't forget it slip in some
70s culture while your influencing them! ;)

Sandy

Jan 26, 2001, 2:18:43 PM1/26/01
LOL! I missed that one Aldo..wish I didn't!

Sandy

Jan 26, 2001, 2:20:10 PM1/26/01
> Capt Ahab. It was so funny, he was a big fat guy with a beard. He
>comes out and you expect to hear a deep baritone, but instead he spoke in
>such
>a high register that dog's ear would burst into flames!

Sounds like the same voice different character ANT. Willie was a Clown but had
a high pitched whistle for his voice, and you had to listen really hard to hear
what he was saying.

Sandy

Jan 26, 2001, 2:20:36 PM1/26/01
>Oh I'm so glad you said that!!!! My friend Donna loooved that show and that
>whistling drove me up a wall.

Yeah, me too...I couldn't understand him half the time!

Sandy

Jan 26, 2001, 2:22:45 PM1/26/01
>Hey, did I hear my favorite show mentioned? :)
>
>Your source book is a bit off. Kimba's family line was traced back
>4000 years, but the show was supposed to take place in modern-day
>(mid 1960s) Africa. I've got tons of info (including the words to
>the theme song) on my web site:
>http://hometown.aol.com/kimbawlion
>and specific info about the story line and characters on this page:
>http://hometown.aol.com/kimbawlion/synopsis.htm
>
>CA

*GASP* Thank you CA!!!! Thats him, that's him!!! I haven't seen Kimba since
the 1970s!! He so cute!!

ANT The Monarch of Menace

Jan 26, 2001, 10:43:34 PM1/26/01

Capt Ahab's voice was natural, that's what m,ade it so funny, it was
unintentional!

Your Willy the Clown reminds me of South Park, those characters speak in such a
high register that I can almost never understand thing one that they say.
-ANT

Sandy

Jan 27, 2001, 12:45:23 PM1/27/01
>Capt Ahab's voice was natural, that's what m,ade it so funny, it was
>unintentional!

OH! So he didn't have a little whistle in his mouth. Yeah, hearing a voice
like that from a big guy must have been great! lol!

Phaedra Alwell

Jan 27, 2001, 12:59:22 PM1/27/01
oh yes for sure Sandy! I am thinking up now some cool things i can bring
into my new classroom boy that sounds weird!
Thanks for the congrats!

Phaedra '74

Phaedra Alwell

Jan 27, 2001, 12:57:47 PM1/27/01
Thank you sooo much !

Phaedra "74

The Wanderer

Feb 16, 2001, 2:53:09 AM2/16/01
You forgot Sandy Becker. (Hambone Hambone have you heard? Norton Nork, The
Big Professor.) Yes, I remember TV shutting down after the Late Late Show
until the early-mid '70s. Also, just to show you how old I am I remember
when the evening news 7:00pm was 15 minutes long. THAT'S where I remember
Tex Antoine from. And I also remember Carol Reed being the CBS Weathergirl.
She would always close her show by saying Good night. And have a happy...."
That was her trademark, and it picked up in society.

http://members.nbci.com/oroborus12/70s.html

"stevenj" <ste...@pop.interport.net> wrote in message
> On 25 Jan 2001 02:28:57 GMT, s2...@aol.computer (ANT The Monarch of
> Menace ) wrote:
>
> >>No, I didn't make it up..........->ETC

> >Gawd, I just don't remember that at all! How about those early morning
farm
> >report kinda shows that preceeded even Davey & Goliath?

> [because of the aboe comment, it seems this is about the 60s]
>
> I loved some games shows. To tell the Truth, Concentration, The Price
> is RIght etc. OK not really kids shows, but they're family shows.
>
> Sat.- Roy Rogers, the Jetsons when 1st run, Beany & Cecil!, Rocky and
> Bullwinkle. Dick Tracy cartoon on for summer season [I don't remember
> what nite.]
>
> early AM Sun. -- it was called "The Modern Farmer" on at 6 am or so
> in NYC into the early 60s. on before Davey & Goliath.
>
> I loved Sunday-Fireball XL5, then Wonderama with umm....Sandy
> Becker? {before Bob McAllister]
>
> Sunday nite:-Mr. Ed , Lassie
>
> weekday afternoons before news or 4:30 movies-Astroboy, Speed Racer,
> Superman, kid movies early w/host Ófficer Joe Bolton'as best as I cn
> remember...
>
> weekday evening- Paul Winchell, Soupy Sales.
>
> the Flintstones at nite, when originally broadcast....
> Reruns of the original Mickey Mouse club.......
> Sunday- [Disney] Wonderful World of Color.
> -and I loved* Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol*-, of course and The wizard
> of Oz - once a year!
>
> BTW-reminder in NYC
> TV was not on all nite...there was a Late Show movie, and a Late Late
> Show then off the air. Tonite show was on an hour and a half.
> 4:30 movie on til 6 pm. on two or three channels
> 6-7PM local news.
> 7 PM-7:30 network news.
> 7:30 comedy or game show such as Truth or Consequenses.
>
> ..showing my age.
> >Remember Tex Antoine? -->ETC

The Wanderer

Feb 17, 2001, 4:07:51 AM2/17/01