Marilu Henner TV show 70s Tribute

thomas conroy

Jan 2, 1995, 4:46:47 PM1/2/95
Did anyone catch a recent broadcast of this? It's one of way too many
time wasting daytime tv shows. Anyway, Marilu's version of the seventies was
obviously shaped by much time hanging around Studio 54. Her show's guests
included Merv Griffin's boy toy Denny Terrio, an obese, lip synching Sunshine
Bandless KC, and a pretty hysterical and appropriately tacky fashion
tribute. Marilu and Denny got down, shoing off their finest hustle moves.
The only thing lacking was a display of coke spoon jewelry.

Anyway, I suppose 70's nostalgia's reaching daytime tv culture was bound
to happen sooner or later.

by the way, Starsky and Hutch reruns are coming to TNT.

Charisse Wilburn

Jan 3, 1995, 2:15:35 PM1/3/95
I also saw this and it was way cheesy and very lame.
I love KC and the
Sunshine band, but I must admit that he looked horrible and tacky as hell. I'll
just listen to my old albums and remember how great he used to look and
forget that I ever saw that show.

until next time...
Charisse
"Although I am a practicing heterosexual, bisexuality
automatically doubles your chances of a date on Saturday night."
-Woody Allen
Drive carefully; 90% of the people in the
world are caused by accidents

Stuart Talkofsky

Jan 3, 1995, 5:59:20 PM1/3/95
thomas conroy (con...@bu.edu) wrote:
: Did anyone catch a recent broadcast of this? It's one of way too many

: time wasting daytime tv shows. Anyway, Marilu's version of the seventies was
: obviously shaped by much time hanging around Studio 54. Her show's guests

Reminds me of the time I first saw a t.v. commercial for the '70's
Society where they sold Disco Records and all of the trash that went with
it. I thought it was a joke, but realized it is real and my stomach
turned. A part of the '70's I wished never to see again.