R.I.P. George Harrison

1 view

Raphael

Nov 30, 2001, 6:46:11 AM11/30/01
The subject says it all, George lost his battle with cancer yesterday.

We'll miss you, George...

Erin ">

rach

Nov 30, 2001, 11:05:55 AM11/30/01
This is one of those "hard to believe" ones... its like its not real.

I bet we all know where Buddy is today...

rach

The Wanderer

Nov 30, 2001, 2:32:28 PM11/30/01
Going later after a nap.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5591/
http://the70s.cjb.net

It'd take a guy a lifetime to know Brooklyn troo an' troo. An' even den yuh
wouldn't know it all.
Thomas Wolfe from Death To Morning
"rach" <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

MollyFa

Nov 30, 2001, 5:24:45 PM11/30/01
I sort of knew he was going to die soon when I read some of the posts in
here about him, and reading the stories online. It's still a complete
shock though, and he is going to be missed.
I almost started crying at work this morning when I heard that they found
brain tumors. That came as a complete shock. I'm going to pop my
Traveling Wilburys cassette in and listen to it. I have no George
Harrison solo stuff except for that. I looked for "All Things Must Pass",
but the local record store I went to was sold out. I might order it from
Amazon.com or CDnow.com.

Molly

Beatlfilms

Nov 30, 2001, 5:27:17 PM11/30/01
The Wanderer said:

>Going later after a nap.

I trust I can count on you to pay my humble respects on my behalf.

Shawn

Sizz-aleen

Nov 30, 2001, 6:17:13 PM11/30/01
I just can't believe this, I'm devastated.

aleen of london

>===== Original Message From raphe...@sprint.ca (Raphael) =====

>The subject says it all, George lost his battle with cancer yesterday.
>
>We'll miss you, George...
>
>Erin ">

Don't eat Sizzle-fat, eat Sizz-aleen!

MollyFa

Nov 30, 2001, 8:12:30 PM11/30/01
My sister and brother-in-law are going to NYC tomorrow, and she said
they might stop at Strawberry Fields to pay their respects to both John
and George. I watched something on the news, and someone said that the
death of George Harrison was the death of the Beatles.

Molly 72

Dixon Hayes

Nov 30, 2001, 8:38:04 PM11/30/01
Aleen wrote:

>I just can't believe this, I'm devastated.

Aleen, from what you are seeing firsthand, how are the people of London
reacting to this?

Dixon
===========
"I still say, five minutes behind the barn!"
--Barney Fife

Classic Hollywood Squares: http://www.classicsquares.com

The Wanderer

Dec 1, 2001, 1:45:54 AM12/1/01
Done Shawn. There were about 500 people there singing Beatles songs in
harmony under a nicely clouded sky in the midst of the blue moon, in 60
degree weather. It was a beautiful night and I spoke with many people and
was included in a radio interview. I hung with my son Nicky and spoke with
Dawna several times during the evening. Dawna said that George was probably
up in heaven with John singing and playing. I said No, George was a Bhuddist
(I was mistaken - he was a hindu) and he believed in reincarnation so he's
already come back after saying "hey" to John. The interviewer from Q104
asked me what the music of George Harrison and the Beatles meant to me I
answered "It was a constant, it was the soundtrack of our lives. Whatever we
did for the first time, and not everything was something good, but whatever
we did for the first time we remember because George's, and the Beatles,
music was playing in the backround. It gave a flavor and feel to the times
and our experiences. It was classic and will be played forever. My 23 year
old son is right over there in that crowd singing. And my daughter told me
once that she and a girlfriend were listening to the radio and a lot of
Beatles songs were played. And they sung along, and realized that they knew
All the words to All the songs. They looked at each other and said "Well,
they MUST have been good: we know all the words." They were ingrained in
them. The music of the Beatles together and seperately will be around
forever. We protested to it, and grew up with their music. And then when we
became the supposedly grown up and mature people that we are today, if
indeed we are grown up and mature, the music was their still. It will never
die.

The reporter said that he'd been there since noon (it was now 9:30pm) and
that he'd interviewed about 15 people and some were better than others. I
said: I understand. He said "but yours was quite eloquent I expect we'll be
using at least a part of it because you said that so well and with so much
feeling". I said thank you. He told me there was no particular airtime but
that there will be a special on George over the weekend so keep listenin'.
I'll try to tape it if I hear it. And I couldn't find any way to work uvula
into the conversation. Wish you guys coulda been there with me for a genuine
trip back into the '60s, but some of you will next week. It will probably be
a week where Strawberry Fields STAYS filled.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5591/
http://the70s.cjb.net

"It'd take a guy a lifetime to know Brooklyn troo an' troo. An' even den yuh
wouldn't know it all."
Thomas Wolfe from Death To Morning

".....the response: caring, dedication, restoration, and charity, all
reminders of why this town is a kick-ass capitol you can screw, but you
can't fuck with!"
Michael Musto, The Village Voice, 12/4/01

"Beatlfilms" <beatl...@aol.com> wrote in message

Beatlfilms

Dec 1, 2001, 4:43:53 AM12/1/01
The Wanderer said:

>Done Shawn.

I knew I could count on you. I appreciate it. And I'm happy to hear that you
were among those chosen to espouse on the greatness of George and his fellow
fab friends. I saw footage on TV today of people gathered at Strawberry Fields
singing "Something" and that's when the tears finally came. My wife was
surprised that George's passing has hit me as hard as it has. It's hard to
explain just how much those four guys have meant to me and meant to society.

Shawn

Sizz-aleen

Dec 1, 2001, 6:47:54 AM12/1/01
Hey Dixon!

Well when I heard this tragic news it was very late at night here, and it's
now morning time, so I am going to the heart of London this afternoon to see
what will be going on. I still just can't believe it. Right now I would do
anything to have my record player and put on my All Things Must Pass album,
but that's all in Canada. I listened to all of the George Harrison songs I
brought with me this morning, but my flatmate got annoyed at the music and
turned Sabrina the Teenaged Witch up louder <rolls her eyes> I'm going to
find out if there will be any memorials here, and I will attend as many as
possible. As everyone knows, George was my favourite Beatle and I am just
numb after hearing about his death. My condolences go out to George
Harrison's family and to everyone who, like me, loved and idolized the man.

Love,
Aleen of London

>===== Original Message From dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes) =====

Don't eat Sizzle-fat, eat Sizz-aleen!

Sarah

Dec 1, 2001, 12:55:03 PM12/1/01
Please share and sign this virgin guestbook.

It's a wonderful celebration of George Harrison's life:

http://www.geocities.com/re_justice4all/george.htm

Sizz-aleen

Dec 1, 2001, 3:28:23 PM12/1/01
I am going to Abbey Road Studios tomorrow to lay down some flowers and a
card,
I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier today, considering it's WALKING
DISTANCE from my flat, duhhhh to me! :-) I guess I'm just not thinking
straight this weekend.

love,
aleen of london

>===== Original Message From Sizz-aleen <al...@MailAndNews.com> =====

Dixon Hayes

Dec 1, 2001, 4:17:19 PM12/1/01
Aleen wrote:

>I am going to Abbey Road Studios tomorrow to lay down some flowers and a
>card

Please give us a full report on everything you see Aleen.

Beatlfilms

Dec 2, 2001, 5:33:07 AM12/2/01
Sizz-aleen said:

>I am going to Abbey Road Studios tomorrow to lay down some flowers and a
>card,
>I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier today, considering it's WALKING
>DISTANCE from my flat, duhhhh to me! :-) I guess I'm just not thinking
>straight this weekend.

I just found out about the existence of this "cam" today; thought you might
find it interesting as you are currently residing nearby.

http://home.rednet.co.uk/homepages/abbeyrd/webcam/crossing.jpg

Shawn

Sizz-aleen

Dec 2, 2001, 7:35:27 AM12/2/01
That is too cool Shawn, but now I'm going to be all paranoid, worrying that
people can see me crossing that road scarfing down a "packet of crisps" tee
hee! Seriously the scene at Abbey Road Studios this morning was something
I'll never forget!

love,
aleen of london