yet another survey

1 view

antipos...@my-deja.com

Oct 29, 2000, 6:48:57 PM10/29/00
1. Favorite beer in the 70s
2. Favorite beer now
3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks
4. favorite 1970s baseball team
5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character
6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character
7. favorite 70s urban legend
8. favorite 70s U.S. politician
9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician
10. least favorite 70s politician
11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses
12. sea monkeys or pet rocks
13. lazer rock shows or concert movies
14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice
15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott
16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople
17. Devo or the Cars
18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen
19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"
20. seances or oija boards
21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?
22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school
23. most infamous 70s criminal
24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner
25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

rach

Oct 29, 2000, 7:29:43 PM10/29/00

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
by and by...

> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s*** tasting my dad's Labatts 50

> 2. Favorite beer now*** Corona baby!!

> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks ***
ANGELA!!

> 4. favorite 1970s baseball team*** Jays

> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character*** Mr Green Jeans &
Easy Reader

> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character***none

> 7. favorite 70s urban legend*** Sleestacks

> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician*** na

> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician*** Trudeau

> 10. least favorite 70s politician*** na

> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses*** Moonies... they don't come to your
door

> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks*** pet rocks... at least they were real

> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies*** small venue

> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice*** Shirley

> 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott*** Kristy

> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople*** t REX

> 17. Devo or the Cars*** Devo

> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen*** no thanks

> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"** ??

> 20. seances or oija boards*** Ouija

> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character

on?***Mary Tyler Moore

> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school***talking

> 23. most infamous 70s criminal*** SLA, FLQ...

> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner*** Lunch

> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school***tv, crafts,
barbies, tv

recsec

Oct 29, 2000, 8:03:38 PM10/29/00

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s - The National Beer of Texas. Lones Star
Beer. Or just LSB.
> 2. Favorite beer now - Shiner Bock
> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks. -
Gotta go with Plant
> 4. favorite 1970s baseball team - Of course the Astros. After them the
A's.
> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character - I guess Madge
> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character - The Dunkin
Donuts guy
> 7. favorite 70s urban legend - no idea
> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician - Pres. Ford
> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician - Trudeau from Canada
> 10. least favorite 70s politician - jimmy carter
> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses - neither
> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks - pet rock
> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies - movies
> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice - Shirley
> 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott - Kristy
> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople - T-Rex
> 17. Devo or the Cars - The Cars
> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen - Bob Seger
> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters" - Famous
Monsters
> 20. seances or oija boards - neither
> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on? -
Woulda been cool to be on M*A*S*H
> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school - skip class, tell
jokes, sleep.
> 23. most infamous 70s criminal - Round these parts would have to be either
Ronald O'Bryan, or Elmer Wayne Henley
> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner - Dinner
> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school - watch TV, read
comic books, sleep

Billy

Ay Fongul

Oct 29, 2000, 8:29:33 PM10/29/00
1. Favorite beer in the 70s
To young but did take sips off grandpa's
Oly now and then

2. Favorite beer now
Red Dog

3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

This is a 70's newsgroup and I don't
see Farrah on the list..!

4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Never was a baseball fan

5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Madge "You're soaking in it.

6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

7. favorite 70s urban legend

I don't remember any when I was younger

8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

None

9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

None

10. least favorite 70s politician

Duh...Nixon!

11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

Depends if we are talking about pain-in-the-asses,
I would have to say Jehova's Witnesses. If we are
talking all around weird, I would have to say moonies.

12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

Sea Monkeys! Funny my sea monkeys never did look
like the ones the ads in the back of the comic books and
dammit! I could never teach them to do neat tricks like the
label said you could!

13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Neither tickled my fancy

14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Flo...

15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Ohmigawd! Debra Lee Scott...Was she the sister on Mary
Hartman, Mary Hartman with the really screwed up looking
teeth? Definitely Kristy McNichol

16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

Huh?

17. Devo or the Cars

Devo

18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

None of the above

19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

Hmm...Never heard of any of 'em.

20. seances or oija boards

Since my mom declared Ouija boards off-limits, I will have
to say seances.

21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

Eight is Enough

22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Well in elementary school, I don't remember, in junior high and high
school, probabably, smokin a joint with my friends.

23. most infamous 70s criminal

The Zodiac Killer

24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

Dinner

25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Find the most comfiest blanket, lay it out on the couch, turn on the
channel that showed leave it to beaver, love boat, eight is enough, I dream of
Jeannie, etc. have some chicken noodle soup and veg on the couch all day.
To e-mail me, drop "urpants"

Beatlfilms

Oct 29, 2000, 9:05:46 PM10/29/00
antipos...@my-deja.com said:

>> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s

Never been much of connoisseur of beer, so something pretty average like Coors.

>> 2. Favorite beer now
See above, but I do remember some good German beer called Carlsburg or
something similar that was quite good.

>> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

From that group I'd take Robert Plant.

>> 4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Have never been much of a baseball fan, so I'm virtually clueless about 70s
baseball.

>> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Mr. Whipple and Charlie The Tuna.

>> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

I dunno. I kind of like how Madge would secretly soak a woman's hand in
dishwashing soap, as it seemed a little sly! :-)

>> 7. favorite 70s urban legend

There was one about Rod Stewart having to have his stomach pumped.......

>> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Henry Kissenger; just his look and general "stiffness."

>> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

I dunno.

>> 10. least favorite 70s politician

Probably Richard Nixon.

>> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

Don't have anything to do with either. Got accosted by the latter in a parking
lot last week though.

>> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

Both seemed pretty stupid!

>> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Concert movies.

>> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Flo.

>> 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Kristy McNichol.

>> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T Rex.

>> 17. Devo or the Cars

Devo.

>> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Billy Joel.

>> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

I feel like a fool, but I'm not familiar with these!

>> 20. seances or oija boards

Not into either.

>> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

Thought it would have been cool to be a DJ at the mighty WKRP.

>> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Class clown.

>> 23. most infamous 70s criminal

Either the Son Of Sam stuff or Richard Speck. Plus by the 70s Manson was like
evil incarnate.

>> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

Dinner.

>> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Watch TV, listen to records.

Shawn
http://members.aol.com/beatlefilms/home.html

Zep77

Oct 29, 2000, 9:35:59 PM10/29/00
1. Favorite beer in the 70s
HAMMS
2. Favorite beer now
MORETTI

3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks
PLANT

4. favorite 1970s baseball team
BALTIMORE ORIOLES
5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial characterS
TASTES GREAT/LESS FILLING ATHLETES

6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character
7. favorite 70s urban legend
KENTUCKY FRIED RATS

8. favorite 70s U.S. politician
JOE WALSH

9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician
10. least favorite 70s politician
REAGAN

11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses
MOONIES

12. sea monkeys or pet rocks
SEA MONKEYS

13. lazer rock shows or concert movies
LAZERIUM!

14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice
SHIRLEY

15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott
NEITHER

16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople
T-REX

17. Devo or the Cars
BOTH

18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen
SEGER

19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"
CREEPY

20. seances or oija boards
NEITHER

21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?
WELCOME BACK KOTTER

22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school
DITCHING

23. most infamous 70s criminal
TED BUNDY

24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner
DINNER

25. things to do when you were home sick from school
LISTEN TO ROCK N ROLL

MIKE

azure

Oct 29, 2000, 9:51:39 PM10/29/00

Zep77 <ze...@aol.com> wrote in message

> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s
bud
> 2. Favorite beer now
bud

> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks
stevie had better hair than plant

> 4. favorite 1970s baseball team
yankees

> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial characterS
mr whipple-the to guy

> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character
that old guy in the grape nuts ads

> 7. favorite 70s urban legend
light as a feather

> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician
nixon

> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician
thatcher?

> 10. least favorite 70s politician
> reagan

> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses
> moonies

> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks
> sea monkeys

> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies
lazer

> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice
> shirley

> 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott
> kristy

> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople
t-rex

> 17. Devo or the Cars
cars

> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen
billy joel

> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"
creepy

> 20. seances or oija boards
seances

> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?
fantasy island

> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school
> DITCHING----EXACTLY!!!

> 23. most infamous 70s criminal
> TED BUNDY-al bundy

> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner
> lunch

> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school
crank the tunes-maybe read a book if i was really not feeling well

azure

LazyGirl

Oct 29, 2000, 10:12:36 PM10/29/00

<> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s

Miller Lite (that's the one I remember sneaking sips of most often. I didn't
start drinking beer until the early 80s)

> 2. Favorite beer now
Guinness Stout

> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks
Stevie Nicks

> 4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Red Sox

> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Mr. Whipple

> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Mikey

> 7. favorite 70s urban legend

Mikey and the Pop Rocks

> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Jimmy Carter

> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

Pierre Trudeau

> 10. least favorite 70s politician

Nixon

> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses
Jehovahs Witnesses

> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

Sea Monkeys

> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Concert movies

> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Flo all the way!!

> 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Liked both, but Debralee was great on "Angie", one of my favorite shows!

> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T-Rex

> 17. Devo or the Cars

The Cars

> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Billy Joel

> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

??

> 20. seances or oija boards

ouija boards

> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

Eight is Enough

> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Flirting with the boys

> 23. most infamous 70s criminal

Ted Bundy

> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

Dinner

> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Watch Price Is Right and Family Feud!!

The Wanderer

Oct 29, 2000, 10:32:35 PM10/29/00
> > 1. Favorite beer in the 70s - The National Beer of Texas. Lones Star

How could a real Texan misspell THIS? Too much Shiner's?

> > 23. most infamous 70s criminal - Round these parts would have to be
either
> Ronald O'Bryan, or Elmer Wayne Henley

Who was Ronald O'Bryan, Billy?

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

drew

Oct 29, 2000, 10:50:15 PM10/29/00
In article <8tid18$aee$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote:
> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s

I did not drink in the 70's, sorry, I was only in my single-digit age.

> 2. Favorite beer now

My fav beer now when I drink, which is rarely ever, is Gordon Beirsch
Light Ale- I am light weight, give me one bottle of strong beer and it is
over..lol

> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Since I adore Stevie, there is no need to even ask me.

> 4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Phillies and Giants- still are

> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

there are a ton but I will pick one-That guy riding that chuck Wagon in
the chuck Wagon dog food commercial where ye treks across the floor with
that dog chasing him- oh and the Calgon commercials.

> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

dont have one, all 70's commercials were cool to me. :-)

> 7. favorite 70s urban legend

Locally in San Jose, Green Eyes and Bloody Mary...oh and the Coyote Creek
Rapist(total spoof a bunch of old neighborhood kids would say just to
spook us tiny guys lol)

> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Ford

> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

who was the leader of Mexico then? okay well I'll go with that guy then.
lol

> 10. least favorite 70s politician

Carter

> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

Jehovahs, b/c they try harder. lol

> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

My sister had one of those and I was so jealous, she made it seem so
wonderful the way she took to it- lol and with me so jealous I thought I
could make her jealous right back so I go outside vowing to find a rock
better than hers.....

And I indeed bring my own rock home(which when I think about it was
nothing more than a small piece of dull-gray cement lol).

Then I wanted a container like the nice one my sister had-

So I go to the fridge and open a fresh container of milk and proceed to
walk out to the front doorway and began to poor out all of the contents
of the milk carton. lol OMG, I was such a character. :-)

> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Well during the 70's, I liked the concerts at Marriots Great America and
at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds....I don't know what they qualify as, but
I saw Kool and the Gang, Tavares, the Commodores(WOO-HOO Lionel Ritchie,
Nyah Rachel :-P lol), ELO, KC and the Sunshne Band at those venues.

> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Oh Polly Holiday all the way...not saying I didnt like Shirl, becuase I
always like a girl that likes hamburgers. ahem :-)

> 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Kristy....

> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

I'm sorry , I cannot lie, I am not familiar with these names therefore I
cannot answer.

> 17. Devo or the Cars

Oh wow, hmmm, that is hard, Devo.

> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Billy joel

> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

these sound familiar but I am not quite sure what these pertain to.
Please clue me in.

> 20. seances or oija boards

I stay away from that junk- mess around with it and you are asking for it
I say. lol Actually I am a chicken butt that is why I dont muck with that
stuff.

> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

three's company and be Jack lol :-)

> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Pencil fight, make paper airplanes, origami birds, those paper thingies
where you put numbers in them and colors and little messages and you ask
your friend to pick a color and then you open and close it.... then a
number and then you open and close it........ then another number and
then you open it up and see what it says- whatever those were- and pass
notes.

> 23. most infamous 70s criminal

the Zodiac?

> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

dinner

> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Play Atari and watch Spiderman

--
Drew

recsec

Oct 29, 2000, 11:13:06 PM10/29/00

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> > > 1. Favorite beer in the 70s - The National Beer of Texas. Lones Star
> How could a real Texan misspell THIS? Too much Shiner's?

O wow!! I had no idea I did that. Let me thank you for noticing that. Thank
You for noticing that!! And it is Lone Star Beer.

> > > 23. most infamous 70s criminal - Round these parts would have to be
> either
> > Ronald O'Bryan, or Elmer Wayne Henley
>
> Who was Ronald O'Bryan, Billy?
>
> > Billy

He's the guy who poisoned his own son with a cyanide laced Giant Pixie Stick
at Halloween in 74. Lived in Deer Park just outside of Houston. Did it for
the $100,000 insurance policy he had taken out a few months earlier on him.
He was immediately labeled 'The Candy Man'. He was put to death in 84 for
it.
Billy

Dixon Hayes

Oct 29, 2000, 11:25:23 PM10/29/00
>1. Favorite beer in the 70s
My dad once let me have one sip of Miller High Life. Not impressed at the
time. Didn't drink any serious beer until 1983 and then it was Heineken

>2. Favorite beer now
Rolling Rock

>3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Stevie

>4. favorite 1970s baseball team

the Braves of course...especially when Hank Aaron was playing in 1974

>5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Mr. Whipple (and that competing grocer who *let* his customers squeeze the
Charmin...anyone remember him?)

>6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

the "Hi, Guy!" fellow in the Right Guard ad

>7. favorite 70s urban legend

that Procter and Gamble was giving a percentage of its profits to the church of
Satan,and that the CEO admitted it on Phil Donahue (though strangely no other
news outlet was interested)

>8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Jimmy Carter...say what you will about the man but he has been a *hell* of a
former president!

>9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

kind of broad here...tough call...oh what the heck, Bear Bryant

>10. least favorite 70s politician

Richard Nixon

>11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

not crazy about either one...JW's only get the edge because they sent a couple
of babes to my door with a copy of the Watchtower (which I threw away)

>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

pet rocks...at least they're what they're advertised to be

>13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

concert movies...call me old fashioned

>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Flo, because I knew some real "Flo's"

>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

tough call...give Kristy the edge only because she was closer to my age

>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T-Rex

>17. Devo or the Cars
the Cars

>18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

oh now *that* is dirty pool, making me single out one of my three favorite
singers! I would have to lean toward Bruce

>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"
"Famous Monsters"

>20. seances or oija boards

Ouija Boards because they were such campy fun...one predicted I would be
drafted into the Vietnam War (oh I'm really trembling at that one!!)

>21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

>22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

My friends drew comic books in which each of us were characters; kind of like
the X-Men with superpowers based on our most self-conscious hangups; my
pasttime was to read them and offer up ideas since I couldn't draw

>23. most infamous 70s criminal

Charles Manson (yeah, yeah, I know, he did his stuff in 1969, but he was all we
talked about in the 1970s)

>24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

dinner (lately the only real meal I ever have)

>25. things to do when you were home sick from school

eat Lipton soup, lay on the couch in my pajamas, watch "Let's Make a Deal,"
"Password" or "Hollywood Squares", take a nap, read

Dixon
=============
"It's going to be a red-letter day in Mayberry if the whole Ladies' Aid Church
committee gets crocked!"
--Barney Fife

Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

antipos...@my-deja.com

Oct 30, 2000, 12:03:09 AM10/30/00

> > 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"
>
> these sound familiar but I am not quite sure what these pertain to.
> Please clue me in.

These were popular horror magazines; the first three were horror comics
and often quite chessy. Famous Monsters was a movie monster tribute
magazine.

Here's a link to Famous Monsters

http://www.ktb.net/~fmof/

Molly Fanton

Oct 30, 2000, 12:11:41 AM10/30/00
1. Favorite beer in the 70s I was too little to drink beer, but I did have a
little sip once of Paps (sp) Blue Ribbon, and I also remember Genesee Cream Ale
(it's still around)

2. Favorite beer now Sam Addam's Boston Ale and Guinness

3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie

Nicks Stevie Nicks (was Angela Davis the one married to David Bowie?)

4. favorite 1970s baseball team Baltimore Orioles and NY Yankees (remember
watching the Yankees ball games on WPIX 11)

5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character Hmm, who did the Maxwell
House commercials in the 70s? I can't remember her name.

6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character I don't know

7. favorite 70s urban legend That there were alligator's in the sewers

8. favorite 70s U.S. politician I was only a kid, I wasn't into politics

9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician same as above

10. least favorite 70s politician ditto as above

11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses Moonies (my sister got into the Moonies for a
very short time)

12. sea monkeys or pet rocks Pet rocks

13. lazer rock shows or concert movies Concert movies

14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice Flo

15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott Debralee Scott

16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople T-Rex

17. Devo or the Cars The Cars

18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen Billy Joel and Bruce
Springsteen

19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters" What?

20. seances or oija boards oija boards

21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on? Brothers
and Sisters

22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school Playing house, hey I was a
little kid in the 70s :P

23. most infamous 70s criminal I don't know

24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner Dinner, because my mom is a
fantastic cook

25. things to do when you were home sick from school Watch TV, and cuddle with
my kitty

Molly

MartiDave

Oct 30, 2000, 12:39:36 AM10/30/00
Dave Spiegel
>1. Favorite beer in the 70s------ Didn't drnik any in the 70's
>2. Favorite beer now----- Still don't
>3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks----
Robert Hegyes
>4. favorite 1970s baseball team--- Mets
>5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character--- Mother Nature
>6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character---- Madge
>7. favorite 70s urban legend--- Spider Eggs in Bubble Yum
>8. favorite 70s U.S. politician--- Nixon, Richard M.
>9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician--- Golda Meir
>10. least favorite 70s politician--- George Wallace
>11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses--- neither
>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks--- Rocks
>13. lazer rock shows or concert movies-- no opinion
>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice--- Flo
>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott--- Kristy McNichol
>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople-- No Opinion
>17. Devo or the Cars--- Cars
>18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen--- Billy Joel/Bob Seger
>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters--- No opinion
>20. seances or oija boards--- both silly
>21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?---
Vegas
>22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school--- Wake Up Mr. Spiegel!!
>23. most infamous 70s criminal--- DB Cooper
>24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner--Lunch
>25. things to do when you were home sick from school--- TV

drew

Oct 30, 2000, 2:08:06 AM10/30/00
In article <8tiveb$oa4$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote:

> > > 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"
> >
> > these sound familiar but I am not quite sure what these pertain to.
> > Please clue me in.
>
> These were popular horror magazines; the first three were horror comics
> and often quite chessy. Famous Monsters was a movie monster tribute
> magazine.

Ah excellent.....I only recall Creepy so Creepy it shall be. :-)

Thank you for enlightening me. :-)

Go Steeler WOO-HOO
--
Drew....

Patricia Weppler

Oct 30, 2000, 4:47:42 AM10/30/00
> <> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s

taking sips off my cousin's Schaffer

> > 2. Favorite beer now

Molson

> > 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

David Bowie

> > 4. favorite 1970s baseball team

NY Yankees

> > 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Jolly Green Giant

> > 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

can't think of one!

> > 7. favorite 70s urban legend

spider eggs in the Bubble Yum

> > 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

don't have one

> > 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

Anwar Sadat

> > 10. least favorite 70s politician

Gerald Ford

> > 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

neither

> > 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

neither

> > 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

concert movies

> > 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Shirley

> > 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Kristy

> > 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T-Rex

> > 17. Devo or the Cars

The Cars

> > 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Bruce

> > 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

don't remember this

> > 20. seances or oija boards

ouija

> > 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

"Welcome Back Kotter" so I could sit next to Vinny :-)

> > 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

writing notes and doodling in my notebook

> > 23. most infamous 70s criminal

David Berkowitz

> > 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

dessert!

> > 25. things to do when you were home sick from school

watch game shows and eat!

______
http://www.patriciaweppler.com

Sandy

Oct 30, 2000, 12:56:51 PM10/30/00
>1. Favorite beer in the 70s
didn't drink beer in the 70s!!! well, ok, maybe at the END of the 70s...I guess
it was Michalob

>2. Favorite beer now
Miller or Miller Light

>3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Geez, Tom!!!! I guess I'll say Stevie

>4. favorite 1970s baseball team

don't follow baseball, but of course I'd say the Red Sox...

>5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Geez....thats a hard one to think off the top of my head. Once I read everyone
elses, I'll say OH YEAH!!

>6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

see above

>7. favorite 70s urban legend

?????

>8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

I don't think I have one of those!

>9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

see above

>10. least favorite 70s politician

see above....OH WAIT! Michael Dukakis was Governor in the 70s here, wasn't
he??
Don't like him!!

>11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

neither

>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

sea monkeys

>13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

I'll say concert movies

>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Flo

>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Debralee

>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T-Rex

>17. Devo or the Cars

neither

>18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Seger

>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

????

>20. seances or oija boards

oooo....seances! : )

>21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

Little House

>22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

What a day for a daydreeeammm!

>23. most infamous 70s criminal

??????

>24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

a really yummy breakfast!

>25. things to do when you were home sick from school

layed on the couch and watch tv all day long!

Thank ya Tom!

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

Jamie

Oct 30, 2000, 6:18:57 PM10/30/00
> >1. Favorite beer in the 70s

The drinking age was upped to 19 when I was almost 18 :( Couldn't drink legally
until 1980, except for an occasional drink, under covert circumstances when I was
16-18

> >2. Favorite beer now
> Rolling Rock

Molson Dry / Labatts Extra Dry

> >3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Stevie

> >4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Blue Jays

> >5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Morris the Cat

> >6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Madge (I think she was the quicker picker upper lady)

> >7. favorite 70s urban legend
> that Procter and Gamble was giving a percentage of its profits to the church of
> Satan,and that the CEO admitted it on Phil Donahue (though strangely no other
> news outlet was interested)
>
> >8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Can't comment. Didn't care (in Canada)

> >9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

Pierre Elliott Trudeau

> >10. least favorite 70s politician

I dunno, any politician that used to pre-empt the Flintstones or any other of my
favourite tv shows (probably any politician to do with Watergate)

> >11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

I babysat for a Moonie follower (how creepy was that!) I remember studying Moonies
in school, and then saw a picture on her wall of that Moonie guy. Never babysat for
her again. I give full points for JW's and their conviction and persistence.

> >12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

Pet rocks - wish I'd thought of 'em first

> >13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Laser rock shows

> >14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Flo

> >15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Kristy McNichol

> >16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T-Rex

> >17. Devo or the Cars

the Cars

> >18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Bob

> >19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

Dunno any of these

> >20. seances or oija boards

ouija boards

> >21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

The Partridge Family

> >22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Daydreaming

> >23. most infamous 70s criminal

Squeaky Fromme

> >24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

Dinner

> >25. things to do when you were home sick from school
> eat Lipton soup, lay on the couch in my pajamas, watch "Let's Make a Deal,"
> "Password" or "Hollywood Squares", take a nap, read

This describes sick days at my house too.

Jamie

Jeff Troutman

Oct 30, 2000, 7:41:10 PM10/30/00
<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s

Pretty much anything.

> 2. Favorite beer now

Guinness Stout.

> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Stevie.

> 4. favorite 1970s baseball team

The Big Red Machine.

> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Captain Crunch.

> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Mr. Whipple. Whadda dope.

> 7. favorite 70s urban legend
> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Jimmy Carter.

> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician
> 10. least favorite 70s politician

Richard Nixon

> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

Jews for Jesus.

> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

pet rocks.

> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

concert movies.

> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

I don't recall Shirley having any annoying catchphrases, so it goes to her.

> 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott
> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

Mott. It's a close one, though.

> 17. Devo or the Cars

The Cars. They were both innovators, but Devo ran out of good songs too
early.

> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Brucie.

> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

"Creepy" gets the edge for the "Adam Link" stuff.

> 20. seances or oija boards

The undead have never threatened me at a seance, so Ouija boards it is.

> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

'70s: Taxi. Overall: Star Trek

> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

unsupervised experiments in the Chem lab.

> 23. most infamous 70s criminal

Richard Nixon

> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

Cereal, Pop Tarts, and Orange juice:anytime

> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school

unsupervised experiments in the basement.

Jeff Troutman

Jeff Troutman

Oct 30, 2000, 7:42:57 PM10/30/00
"rach" <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> --

> > 7. favorite 70s urban legend*** Sleestacks

Sleestacks? Could you explain this one to me?

Jeff Troutman

rach

Oct 30, 2000, 7:55:20 PM10/30/00
Well not really an urban legend but they were those lizard type people on
Land of the Lost... Scared the hell outta me

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
by and by...

Jeff Troutman <yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote in message

Lorrie

Oct 30, 2000, 10:31:43 PM10/30/00
>1. Favorite beer in the 70s
>2. Favorite beer now
Never a beer drinker (yech!)

>3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks
Stevie Nicks

>4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Oakland A's

>5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Mr. Bubble (used to crack up at that little cartoon boy's butt when he got in
the tub)

>6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Mr Whipple

>7. favorite 70s urban legend

Elvis Lives (and it's still going on.....)

>8. favorite 70s U.S. politician
>9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician
>10. least favorite 70s politician

No response (I'm a dud)

>11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

either/or, it was the Hare Krishna's that scared me.

>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

pet rocks - ooooh, remember magic rocks???

>13. lazer rock shows or concert movies
concert movies

>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Shirley R.I.P.

>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Kristy McNichol

>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T-Rex

>17. Devo or the Cars

The Cars

>18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Gotta go with Da Boss

>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

??

>20. seances or oija boards

Oija board

>21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

In the 70's, The Brady Bunch, looking back now, MTM

>22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Writing notes to friends

>23. most infamous 70s criminal

Donald DeFreeze & the SLA (it all started in my neck of the woods)

>24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

B-fast

>25. things to do when you were home sick from school

I used to sneak the 8mm projector down and watch home movies. I still watch
them to this day!

Lorrie

SuspectDevice

Oct 30, 2000, 11:36:56 PM10/30/00

<antipos...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s
I wasn't old enough to drink. Probably Lucky Lager, which is what my
parents drank.

> 2. Favorite beer now
Various micro brew stout ales.

> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

None...Johnny Rotten

> 4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Cincinnati Reds

> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

The Chuck Wagon wagon

> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Mr. Whipple

> 7. favorite 70s urban legend

CBGB

> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Al Ullman

> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

Generalissimo Francisco Franco

> 10. least favorite 70s politician

Idi Amin

> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

Hare Krishnas

> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

Mood Ring

> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Movies

> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Bailey Quarters

> 15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Debralee had boobs, ok.

> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

The Sweet

> 17. Devo or the Cars

Both

> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

None...nobody I knew liked any of them. I preferred Sabbath, Aerosmith,
Zeppelin, Bad Co., and the like.

> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

Not my scene, man. I was into Mad Magazine.

> 20. seances or oija boards

My mom had a Ouija board - I always thought it was a crock of sh*t.

> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

The Love Boat

> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Graduation

> 23. most infamous 70s criminal

Nixon

> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

B: Corn Flakes
L: PB&J Sandwich
D: Pizza

> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school

My mom made sure 24 of them were in bed. The other was reading.

Jeff Troutman

Oct 31, 2000, 12:09:48 AM10/31/00
"rach" <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well not really an urban legend but they were those lizard type people on
> Land of the Lost... Scared the hell outta me

Oh yeah, they were pretty scary. The show could be a little intense,
especially when the Sleestacks showed up. Of course, when you realize that
a light jog is enough to get away from them, the fear factor diminishes
significantly.

Jeff Troutman

LizzieZ

Oct 31, 2000, 9:30:34 AM10/31/00
>1. Favorite beer in the 70s
>2. Favorite beer now
Never touch the stuff.

>3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks (who's Angela Davis?)

>4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Not necessarily 70s, but the Cubbies

>5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Can't think of a-one...

>6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

or this one either...

>7. favorite 70s urban legend

Mikey + pop rocks + Coke = KABOOM!

>8. favorite 70s U.S. politician
>9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician
>10. least favorite 70s politician

I had no interest in politics in the 70s

>11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

Are you serious?

>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

sea monkeys

>13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Never saw either

>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Flo

>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Kristy

>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

Who?

>17. Devo or the Cars

The Cars

>18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Oh, like you even have to ask! LOL (But in case you do, it's Billy Joel by a
mile)

>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

Scuze me?

>20. seances or oija boards

Uh, nope.

>21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

Zoom

>22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

doodling

>23. most infamous 70s criminal

John Wayne Gacy

>24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

Breakfast

>25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Game shows, game shows, game shows!

Aldo Pignotti

Oct 31, 2000, 12:19:05 PM10/31/00

> 23. most infamous 70s criminal

who remembers when Patty Hurst was on the loose and the FBI
couldn't find her? there was always someone saying, "I think
I saw her in a club last night..."

--
It ain't no sin
to be glad you're alive - the boss

rach

Oct 31, 2000, 7:18:36 PM10/31/00
the funny thing was Jeff... that even though I was a brave 4 year old on
Saturday mornings when that show was on and found the sleestacks laughable
All except Enik in that cool disco vest and medallion) at night, I swear to
god I could hear them hissing in the hallway. Those bastards kept me up for
a number of nights...

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
by and by...

Jeff Troutman <yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote in message

a_nate...@my-deja.com

Oct 31, 2000, 11:24:37 PM10/31/00
antipos...@my-deja.com wrote and Nate response to:

> 1. Favorite beer in the 70s

Champale

> 2. Favorite beer now

Fuller's ESB or Hilton Head Brewing Co.'s India Pale Ale

> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie

Nicks 4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Diana Ross. O.K. O.K. I'll answer the question. . .David Bowie

> 5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

"Who's got short shorts. . .?"

> 6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

"That's tasty meatball. . ." guy

> 7. favorite 70s urban legend

In San Diego "The Green Flash"

> 8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Barry Goldwater (Scar-y)

> 9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

Billy Carter

> 10. least favorite 70s politician

Tough question. Bob Kerrey in his early runs, he's a bit of a schlep.

> 11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

Hari Chrisna's at LAX

> 12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

Sea Monkeys, but I'd rather wished you'd said "the squezzy" (the spring
loaded mechanism that you fit in the palm of your hand and squeeze to
exercise your forarms. Excercise your forarms????

> 13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Depends on whom I'm buzzin' with (70's folks, 70's. . .)

> 14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice 15. Kristy
> McNichol or Debralee Scott

Shirley, but I'd rather wished you'd said Ester - Fred Sanford's arch
nemesis or how bout' Weezy, LOVE HER!

> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T-Rex, how bout Slade (just a suggestion)

> 17. Devo or the Cars

Devo, but if your talking about freakishness - The Cars. Why? The way
Rick O'Casick sings - example "You look so fancy I can telllllllll" -
Rick, your a freak my friend, your a freak.

> 18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Billy Joel in a New Yawky way, Seger in a Detriot way, and Springsteen
in a Jersey way. O.K., O.K. . .Springsteen, because he did the best
version live of Woodie Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land"

> 19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

Vampirella

> 20. seances or oija boards

Seances and Oija w/ a case of the giggles

> 21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

Jack Tripper on "3's Co."

> 22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Brownsville Station said it best. . .

> 23. most infamous 70s criminal

"The Sneaker Stalker" in Ca.

> 24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

A big fat breakfast. Better chance of burning it off throughout the
day

> 25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Watch T.V. However, we just skipped school in San Diego and went
surfing.

Tiny Dancer

Nov 1, 2000, 5:01:56 PM11/1/00
And so the word went out from ayfo...@aol.comurpants (Ay Fongul):

>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

> Hmm...Never heard of any of 'em.

And I see from the other responses that you're not alone. Tsk and tsk again,
people, I don't know how some of you survived the decade! :-) Go here:

http://www.gdarkness.com/monstermags/

This one's kind of fun with a couple of good scans of Aurora monster
model kits as well:

http://www.theoldtimes.com/past/1099_1.html

Cheers,

TD

Just blame it on the magazines
Don't read that trash it'll drive you crazy
from Elton John's "Heartache All Over the World"

For a good time call
http://members.nbci.com/oroborus12/70s.html

Tiny Dancer

Nov 1, 2000, 5:27:21 PM11/1/00
And so the word went out from antipos...@my-deja.com:

>1. Favorite beer in the 70s

None, just whatever sips I could sneak at parties. More booze than beer.

>2. Favorite beer now

Budweiser (but only the one brewed in Ontario)

>3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Without a doubt, Angela Davis! I offer this pic as proof:

http://www.blackhistory.eb.com/micro/161/4.html

>4. favorite 1970s baseball team

The Toronto Blue Jays but only because they were new and exciting
to read about, I never watched

>5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Timer! Does he count? The "hanker for a hunka cheese" dude

>6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

"Ancient Chinese secret, huh?" She really bugged me

>7. favorite 70s urban legend

That Rod Stewart one we won't repeat in mixed company!

>8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

Carter

>9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

Trudeau

>10. least favorite 70s politician

Ford

>11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

Neither, thanks anyway! But the Moonies seemed like the lesser
of two evils

>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

Sea Monkeys, they were a rip-off but a search for something similiar
led me to those way-cool growing rock terrarium thingys

>13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Concert movies in the '70s and Laser Rock now

>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

"Kiss ma grits!"

>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

Kristy McNichol, she was pretty damn cool for a while there

>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

Bolan, man

>17. Devo or the Cars

The Cars

>18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Billy Joel (d'uh!)

>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

Hmm ... I'll go with "Famous Monsters", I was always a sucker for them

>20. seances or oija boards

I tried both as a kid and they creeped me out equally!

>21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

I wanted Laurie's job on "The Partridge Family"

>22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Writing notes

>23. most infamous 70s criminal

Manson was a big meanie to me back then, he's still pretty freaky

>24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

Breakfast 'cause you might get a prize if there's a new box of cereal!

>25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Lie on the couch wrapped in a blanket with the TV on game shows
and a mug of chicken noodle soup

Cheers,

TD

TV is chewing gum for the eyes.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Tiny Dancer

Nov 1, 2000, 5:39:01 PM11/1/00
And so the word went out from drew <sjdre...@yahoo.com>:

>> 16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople
>
>I'm sorry , I cannot lie, I am not familiar with these names therefore I
>cannot answer.

Drew, do yourself a favor, go here:

http://listen.to/T-Rex

You're welcome :-)

Cheers,

TD

I could whistle up an old tune
That your memory might recall
Rustle up some reminisce
'Bout the good old days and all
from Harry Chapin's "If My Mary Were Here"

Tiny Dancer

Nov 1, 2000, 5:42:52 PM11/1/00
And so the word went out from dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes):

>>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice
>Flo, because I knew some real "Flo's"
>
>>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott
>tough call...give Kristy the edge only because she was closer to my age
>
>>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople
>T-Rex
>
>>17. Devo or the Cars
>the Cars
>

>>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"
>"Famous Monsters"
>

>>23. most infamous 70s criminal
>Charles Manson (yeah, yeah, I know, he did his stuff in 1969, but he was all we
>talked about in the 1970s)
>

>>25. things to do when you were home sick from school
>eat Lipton soup, lay on the couch in my pajamas, watch "Let's Make a Deal,"
>"Password" or "Hollywood Squares", take a nap, read

Dixon, are you sure you're not my long-lost brother?! ;-)

Tiny Dancer

Nov 1, 2000, 5:50:51 PM11/1/00
And so the word went out from truet...@aol.com (Lorrie):

>>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks
>
>pet rocks - ooooh, remember magic rocks???

Magic Rocks, that's the one I was thinking of, thanks, Lorrie!

http://stores.yahoo.com/crafthouseinternational/ormagroc.html

Rick Shaw

Nov 1, 2000, 7:43:10 PM11/1/00
On Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:48:57 GMT, antipos...@my-deja.com wrote:

>1. Favorite beer in the 70s

Cold.

>2. Favorite beer now

Dr. Pepper

>3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Stevie

>4. favorite 1970s baseball team

Cubs

>5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Frito Bandito (That's 70s... isn't it?)

>6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

Madge - Palmolive

>7. favorite 70s urban legend

There were many Tornado stories. Can't think of a specific one as
favorite.

>8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

<Yawn>

>9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

Huh?

>10. least favorite 70s politician

Whoever was president when they interrupted TV shows I wanted to see.

>11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

I recall both, and wish they would have just annoyed each other.

>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

I had neither.

>13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

Concert movies.

>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

Flo (and her grits)

>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

I'll take the one in the middle.

>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

T-Rex

>17. Devo or the Cars

Cars

>18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

Billy Joel.
I know, I know... I should have said Springsteen, but Billy's songs
really take me back, and the overplayed "Old Time Rock And Roll" is
what made me hate Seger.

?

>20. seances or oija boards

Seances (No one I knew had a Ouija Board)

>21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

Starsky or Hutch.

>22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

Writing out lists of albums I owned and what songs were on them.

>23. most infamous 70s criminal

Jim Jones.

>24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

Pizza.

>25. things to do when you were home sick from school

Watch the TV shows I couldn't watch during school hours.

MickeyM

Nov 1, 2000, 11:46:03 PM11/1/00
Best hair Farrah Fawcette
"Tiny Dancer" <ti...@idirect.com> wrote in message

Chris Whiting

Nov 2, 2000, 7:01:43 PM11/2/00
Best Hair DAVID BOWIE???!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yech!!!!!!!

Barefoot's Better!!!!!!

Barefoot Chris Whiting

Some days you're the windshield
and some you're the bug!!!!

http://community.webtv.net/barefootprince/GoBarefoot

www.barefooters.org
cousin'swebsite: http://community.webtv.net/barefootrob/RobLovesGoing

yachtboy

Nov 2, 2000, 8:09:35 PM11/2/00
On Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:48:57 GMT, antipos...@my-deja.com walked
right in,sat right down, and screamed in a very nice way:

>1. Favorite beer in the 70s

coors
>2. Favorite beer now
don't drink anymore.

>3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

bowie

>4. favorite 1970s baseball team

SUNS!!!!!!!!!

>5. favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

rodney allen rippey (jack in the box)

>6. least favorite recurring 70s TV commercial character

let me think on this...

>7. favorite 70s urban legend

bowie is gay. (hmmmm)

>8. favorite 70s U.S. politician

NIXON

>9. favorite 70s non-U.S. politician

tito

>10. least favorite 70s politician

goldwater

>11. Moonies or Jehovahs Witnesses

*sigh*

>12. sea monkeys or pet rocks

pet rocks

>13. lazer rock shows or concert movies

concert movies

>14. Shirley from "What's Happening" or "Flo" from Alice

flo

>15. Kristy McNichol or Debralee Scott

debralee scott

>16. T-Rex or Mott the Hoople

BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!

>17. Devo or the Cars

cars

>18. Billy Joel, Bob Seger, or Bruce Springsteen

joel and springsteen

>19. "Creepy," "Eerie," "Vampirella," or "Famous Monsters"

vampira madonna from the 4th tower of inverness (a radio show)

>20. seances or oija boards

oiji boards

>21. What 70s TV show would you have most wanted to be a character on?

WALLACE AND LADMO (coolest show ever, it was on in phoenix)

>22. favorite way of alleviating boredom at school

drugs

>23. most infamous 70s criminal

bundy

>24. favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner

breakfast

>25. things to do when you were home sick from school

read, read, read, read, read, read.

--
==========
"Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited

Pamela Beasley

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
In most of these categories, I have no response but one of interest to
me.

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote:

> 3. best hair: David Bowie, Angela Davis, Robert Plant or Stevie Nicks

Best hair in the 70s----for me None of the Above---the best hair for me
goes to John Denver. In the 70s I thought his hair was so beautiful.
It looked like spun silk. I wanted to run my fingers throught it!!!
And that feeling persisted into the 80s and 90s. As he aged, his looks
improved just like his voice. If you haven't heard any of the
recordings that he did in the last decade of his life, you are missing a
wonderful treat. In the 70s, he was cute, but when that man hit his
40s, he was handsome. And he was at his best in his last few years. I
had the great priviledge of a number of encounters with him in the last
couple of years of his life. The urge to touch his
hair..............Thank God I maintained my self-control!!!

Pam

ALS 62

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
<< the best hair for me
goes to John Denver. In the 70s I thought his hair was so beautiful.
It looked like spun silk. I wanted to run my fingers throught it!!!
And that feeling persisted into the 80s and 90s. As he aged, his looks
improved just like his voice. If you haven't heard any of the
recordings that he did in the last decade of his life, you are missing a
wonderful treat. In the 70s, he was cute, but when that man hit his
40s, he was handsome. And he was at his best in his last few years. I
had the great priviledge of a number of encounters with him in the last
couple of years of his life. The urge to touch his
hair..............Thank God I maintained my self-control!!!

Pam

Pam,

You're a better woman than me......I wouldn't have been able to keep my hands
off of him....LOL. I agree that he just got better with age. I think he was
much more handsome in his later years. On one of the videos on "A Portrait"
(a compilation of JD videos for those who don't know) he just looks incredible.
My friend Sandy and I sat watching one afternoon and we're just amazed at how
great he looked......and then, of course, his singing.......well, need I say
more! Come on Jamie, I know you're gonna get in on this discussion too!

Anne
8/62
Class of 1980

Jamie

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00

And then Anne wrote:

> You're a better woman than me......I wouldn't have been able to keep my hands

> off of him...and then, of course, his singing.......well, need I say

> more! Come on Jamie, I know you're gonna get in on this discussion too!

I detect some heavy breathing in the room ;)

The album covers from Windsong or from his Greatest Hits (1973) comes to mind with
this, the one where he is clutching his hat and the sun is shining... *sigh*

I've never heard anything from his later years, but love his songs Calypso and Fly
Away. My sister stole my Farewell Andromeda album, and I never saw it again (she
admitted only this year to me that she wore it out).

I just found at http://www.cdnow.com that his album Christmas Like a Lullabye is
available on tape for only a dollar. Good deal, I think.

Jamie

ALS 62

Nov 27, 2000, 8:30:13 PM11/27/00
<< The album covers from Windsong or from his Greatest Hits (1973) comes to
mind with this, the one where he is clutching his hat and the sun is shining...
*sigh*

I've never heard anything from his later years, but love his songs Calypso and
Fly Away. My sister stole my Farewell Andromeda album, and I never saw it again
(she admitted only this year to me that she wore it out).

I just found at http://www.cdnow.com that his album Christmas Like a Lullabye
is available on tape for only a dollar. Good deal, I think.

Jamie >>

Well Jamie, now we've just GOT to get you updated here on some of the newer JD
recordings. If you haven't got "The Wildlife Album", I suggest you put it on
your Xmas list. It's got all great songs (of course). "Whispering Jesse" and
"Matthew" are two of my favorites

Pamela Beasley

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
to Jamie
Jamie wrote:

> Pam wrote:
>
> > The urge to touch his
> > hair..............Thank God I maintained my self-control!!!
>
> And then Anne wrote:
>
> > You're a better woman than me......I wouldn't have been able to keep my hands
> > off of him...and then, of course, his singing.......well, need I say
> > more! Come on Jamie, I know you're gonna get in on this discussion too!
>
> I detect some heavy breathing in the room ;)
>
> The album covers from Windsong or from his Greatest Hits (1973) comes to mind with
> this, the one where he is clutching his hat and the sun is shining... *sigh*
>
> I've never heard anything from his later years, but love his songs Calypso and Fly
> Away. My sister stole my Farewell Andromeda album, and I never saw it again (she
> admitted only this year to me that she wore it out).
>
> I just found at http://www.cdnow.com that his album Christmas Like a Lullabye is
> available on tape for only a dollar. Good deal, I think.
>
> Jamie

Jamie,
Like Anne has said in another post, you must check out John's Wildlife
Concert CD. It is a 2 CD set recorded in Feb 95. If you can find it,
get the video or DVD of this concert. There you can see the handsome
50+ darling and hear him as he sounded in his last years. Also, check
out a couple of other CDs. In Sept 96, he rerecorded a number of his
best songs. It was originally released in Europe under the title "Love
Again" and in Australia with the same name. The only difference in the
two was that in the European issue the title song is sung as a duet with
a popular European female singer whose name escapes me now. The same 16
songs were released in Canada as "The Unplugged Collection". Then just
after John died, a CD called "Celebration of Life" with 12 of the 16
tracks was released in the US. These recordings really show off his
vocal power and also showcase the fabulous 4 musicians who made up his
band during the last few years. Another CD that you need for a
complete picture of JD in his last years is the CD called "All Aboard"
which he did for Sony Wonder as a part of their family series. It was
recorded in the spring of 97. Thus it is the last recording he did. It
is all train songs and the variety of songs is fabulous. It really
shows how versatile he could be. There are country songs, such as Vince
Gill's "Jennie Dreamed of Trains", and there is bluegrass such as Steel
Rails, and Last Train Gone. You should hear him do a fantastic
bluegrass falsetto and the yodeling .....wow! And there is the big band
style with Atchison, Topeka and the Sante Fe and Choo Choo Boogie. The
folk songs ....City of New Orleans and People Get Ready....And there are
a couple of songs meant esp. for children...The Little Engine that Could
and Daddy, What's a Train....This is a great album and it won John a
Grammy in Feb 98----Its to bad he was around to accept it himself. His
three children had to do it for him.
So get out there and get your copies of these. If you can't find them
where you are, check out www.naturemusic.com This site specializes in
John Denver items.

Pam

Jamie

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Thank you Pam, I think I have just filled up my Christmas list :) I'll certainly be
checking it out.

Jamie

Sandy

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Does anyone else have the impression the Pam likes John Denver a little???? Or
is it just me? ;) Isn't he GREAT!!!!

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

ALS 62

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Pam wrote re John Denver:

<< It was originally released in Europe under the title "Love
>Again" and in Australia with the same name. The only difference in the
>two was that in the European issue the title song is sung as a duet with
>a popular European female singer whose name escapes me now. >>

Was it the version with Sylvie Vartan?

Pamela Beasley

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Sandy wrote:

> >Jamie,
> > Like Anne has said in another post, you must check out John's Wildlife
> >Concert CD. It is a 2 CD set recorded in Feb 95. If you can find it,
> >get the video or DVD of this concert. There you can see the handsome
> >50+ darling and hear him as he sounded in his last years. Also, check
> >out a couple of other CDs. In Sept 96, he rerecorded a number of his
> >best songs. It was originally released in Europe under the title "Love

> >Again" and in Australia with the same name. The only difference in the
> >two was that in the European issue the title song is sung as a duet with

Oh, gee, is it that obvious!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Pam

Pamela Beasley

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
to ALS 62
ALS 62 wrote:

> Pam wrote re John Denver:
>
> << It was originally released in Europe under the title "Love
> >Again" and in Australia with the same name. The only difference in the
> >two was that in the European issue the title song is sung as a duet with
> >a popular European female singer whose name escapes me now. >>
>
> Was it the version with Sylvie Vartan?
>
> Anne
> 8/62
> Class of 1980

No, I don't think so. Sylvie was the one who sang it with John on his
Greatest Hits Vol. 3, but I was under the impression that the '96
recording was with someone else. I can't tell you for sure because the
only copy of the CD I have is one from Australia. And the Canadian
"Unplugged" is identical to the Australian release.

Pam

LizzieZ

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
>> Does anyone else have the impression the Pam likes John Denver a little????
>Or
>> is it just me? ;) Isn't he GREAT!!!!
>>
>> Sandy
>>
>> 2-60
>> Class of 78
>

>Oh, gee, is it that obvious!!!!!!!!!! :-)
>
>Pam

Hey, unless I've missed a chunk of posts (which is certainly possible), I don't
think we've given Pam an appropriate 70s-n.g. welcome to the group! So....

Welcome, Pam!!

Liz

Pamela Beasley

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
to LizzieZ

Thanks, Liz
I have already got the feeling that this is a great group.

Pam

The Wanderer

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Hey Pam, welcome to our hang out babe. Put a cup of coffee by your mouse pad
and stay awhile.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5591/
"I'm still very young and
I've already lost more than most men get,
And I'm gonna live 'til I die you can bet,
And unless they take me away in a hearse,
It's got to get better.....
it cant get no worse!"
"Pamela Beasley" <pamela....@airmail.net> wrote in message

Tiny Dancer

Nov 28, 2000, 7:43:06 PM11/28/00
And so the word went out from Pamela Beasley <pamela....@airmail.net>:

>I have already got the feeling that this is a great group.

Always go with your gut feelings, Pam! This is indeed the best darn
group on usenet and we're thrilled to have you here, welcome. I feel
like we're old buds seeing as I've read your words on my other groups
but I don't believe we've ever "met" so nice to finally meet you.

Cheers,

TD

We should consider every day lost on which
we have not danced at least once.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Webmistress of the official a.c.u '70s site
http://members.nbci.com/oroborus12/70s.html

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://i.am/tinyd

Tiny Dancer's X-Files Episode Guide
http://www.insanity.com.au/td/

Sandy

Nov 28, 2000, 9:04:20 PM11/28/00
>Hey, unless I've missed a chunk of posts (which is certainly possible), I
>don't
>think we've given Pam an appropriate 70s-n.g. welcome to the group! So....
>
>Welcome, Pam!!

Yes, welcome Pam!!! There is always room for John Denver fans here : )

Bill McKenzie

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Welcome Pam.....this group is filled with some very special people. Enjoy!
Nancy

Dixon Hayes

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Pam wrote:

> I have already got the feeling that this is a great group.

It is, and welcome with open arms, Pam. Anyone who *still* drools over John
Denver like you do certainly belongs here!!

Dixon
(who feels the same way about Linda Ronstadt, even now)
=============
"I ain't got time to stand around and discuss trivial trivialities..."
--Barney Fife

Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

Pamela Beasley

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
Dixon Hayes wrote:

> Pam wrote:
>
> > I have already got the feeling that this is a great group.
>
> It is, and welcome with open arms, Pam. Anyone who *still* drools over John
> Denver like you do certainly belongs here!!
>
> Dixon
> (who feels the same way about Linda Ronstadt, even now)

Dixon,
I am so glad to hear that my droolings are welcome. One day
I'll tell
the story about the hug I got from him in Chicago. Talk about
drool.....

Pam