OT: Getting to know you

Dixon Hayes

Jan 1, 2002, 3:16:48 AM1/1/02
Welcome to the next edition of getting to know your friends:
Copy, (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste it
onto a new e-mail that you will send. Change all of
the answers so that they apply to you. Then, send
this to a whole bunch of people you know INCLUDING the person who sent it to
you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little known facts about your
friends. It is fun and easy. You might be surprised with some of the things
you learn about people you "think" you know.....
***Remember to send it back to the person who sent it to you***

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD
IT BE?
I would clear me out a loft apartment in NYC/Manhattan, or some other large
city with a beautiful view

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
my dark blue Reebok t-shirt

3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
uh, "upstairs"

4. WHAT' THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?
a three-CD set of the blues

5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
on the road, looking at the beautiful countryside

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE
at work, especially if it's a dumb assignment

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?
the back of my neck

8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?
strong in mind

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?
between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m.

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
Current shows--Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, 24
Classic shows--The Andy Griffith Show, The Twilight Zone, All in the Family,
Cheers

11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
the microwave (life is a living hell without it)

12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?
crawling under furniture, etc., pretending to be Barney from "Mission:
Impossible" sneaking around a furnace duct to short circuit something

13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
a one-liner from my daughter Megan, she's good for at least one really good
laugh every day I'm with her

14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?
People who cheat me, especially if they made some kind of deal with me and then
reneged after I held up my end

15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE?
acoustic guitar

16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?
Top O' the River, Anniston or Gadsden, Alabama

17. SCARIEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?
my 1996 Ford Contour hydroplaning off an embankment and landing upside down in
a small creek

18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT CURRENT/FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR
WOULD PLAY YOU?
Billy Bob Thornton

19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
yes

20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
The Mouse and the Motorcycle

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
summer

22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?
cleaning the living room elbows its way to the top of a very crowded list

23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
the strength of ten men (it impresses women)

24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
none

25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?
true love? that would be Annette, age 33, though she clearly wasn't the first
woman in my life

26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?
"In My Life" by John Lennon

27. DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?
Dogs

28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR
a bunch of stuff, most notably a rusty lounge chair

29. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
anyone on the Retrotown list

30. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
I'm guessing Marian, since I haven't heard from her in awhile

31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Saturday

32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
sentimental

33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.
Trish is a very fascinating person on so many levels

Dixon
===========
"Just wanted to be the first one to say 'Good morning' to
you...cock-a-doodle-doo-oo! Heh-heh, yeah, I just made that up."
--Barney Fife, to Juanita down at the diner

Classic Hollywood Squares: http://www.classicsquares.com

MartiDave

Jan 1, 2002, 11:41:04 PM1/1/02
Since I got this on the group I will respond here

>1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD
>IT BE?
Victorian Mansion in Hamilton, NJ

>2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

My Jets Jacket

>3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?

I just don't know. Although smiles are great

>4. WHAT' THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

Queen Live at Wembley

>5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?

With my wife on the couch

>6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE

In a stuck elevator

>7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

I am real ticklish so really no where

>8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?

The mind

>9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

6:30 AM

>10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?

Scrubs, West Wing, Happy Days, Barney Miller Taxi

>11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

Fridge

>12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

Down the shore at LBI

>13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?

Life in general,and a good farce

>14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

People who reject the value of others

>15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Guitar
>16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?
Scoozis an Italian restaurant

>17. SCARIEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?

Day I had to rush my son to the doc with a head bump

>18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT CURRENT
>/FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR WOULD PLAY YOU?

I don't knowmaybe an unknown or my cousin Steve

>19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

Without a doubt

>20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

Where the Wild Things Are

>21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

Baseball

>22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

Mopping floors

>23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT
>BE?

I want to be able to stop time

>24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

None

>25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?

Martha, I was 16 she was 17 We're still married

>26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?

Just about any Harry Chapin song, or Happy Birthday

>27. DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?
Dogs
>28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR

Theology books, tools and junque

>29. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO IS MOST
>LIKELY TO RESPOND?

??

>30. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO WHO IS THE
>LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

??

>31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

Sunday

>32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

thoughtful

>33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS
>TO YOU.

the people in this group are great

Dave Spiegel

Beatlfilms

Jan 2, 2002, 2:40:16 AM1/2/02
>>1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD
>>IT BE?
Maybe in Montana. Some beautiful country there.

>>2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

Probably sounds stupid, but I bought a purple t-shirt at Target last year
because it was a good price and a cool color, and just absolutely love how it
fits. That one gets put on as soon as it hits the closet.

>>3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?

There's something about the eyes.

>>4. WHAT' THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

Alice Cooper "Mascara & Monsters" and Mick Jagger "Goddess In The Doorway".

>>5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?

In the room in our home we call our office, with the computer.

>>6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?
Stuck in traffic.

>>7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

Back.

>>8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?

Mind.

>>9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

Usually no earlier than 10:00.

>>10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?

All In The Family, M*A*S*H, The Simpsons.

>>11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

Refrigerator.

>>12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

When I would get to stay overnight at my maternal grandparents' house.

>>13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?

Marx Brothers, George Carlin, Monty Python, Whose Line Is It Anyway.

>>14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

Anything or anyone that makes things harder than they need to be.

>>15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I can play guitar, bass, drums, harmonica and piano, but I wish I could play
all of them better. As for an instrument I can't play, the sax.

>>16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?
Local Chinese place called Chan's.

>>17. SCARIEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?

We almost caught our house on fire last week with a forgotten candle housed
within a fairly flammable Christmas arrangement. When the smoke alarm sounded,
I bolted from bed with a feeling of doom hard to describe. Luckily, the house
sustained no damage, but I got some 2nd degree burns on my hand from
extinguishing the fire rather ineffeciently (And in a mild panic!).

>>18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT CURRENT
>>/FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR WOULD PLAY YOU?

I've been told that I remind people of Harry Anderson of "Night Court" fame, so
I guess that's who I'd go with.

>>19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

You betcha. Counting on it.

>>20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

Where The Wild Things Are, Green Eggs And Ham, Harold And The Purple Crayon.

>>21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

Summer.

>>22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

Cleaning a toilet is no hoot.

>>23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT
>>BE?

In sixth grade I recall a desperate desire to be invisible so that I could pass
unnoitced into the girls' locker room! Still doesn't sound like the worst idea
in the world...

>>24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

I have Paul Stanley's rose tattoo on my upper arm.

>>25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?

Darcy; she was 15 and I was 16. We still exchange Christmas cards.

>>26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?

Strawberry Fields Forever and A Day In The Life.

>>27. DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?

Toss up. I like dogs 'cause you can train them, but I like how a cat lies
around like it doesn't give a darn!

>>28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR

A little tool set and most likely a roll of toilet paper (I've got two kids who
seem to enjoy waiting until there's not a bathroom for miles to have to go!).

>>29. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO IS MOST
>>LIKELY TO RESPOND?

Taking this on the NG, so I assume this just doesn't apply.

>>30. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO WHO IS THE
>>LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

Ditto!

>>31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

Friday.

>>32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

Curious.

>>33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS
>>TO YOU.

This NG is the greatest!

Shawn

antipos...@127.0.0.1

Jan 2, 2002, 7:55:20 AM1/2/02

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD
IT BE?

lower Manhattan, or, an oceanfront house in Harvey Cedars, NJ

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

a black cardigan sweater. also, a black leather Kenneth Cole jacket

3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?

the earlobes and the toes

4. WHAT' THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

Colossal Youth, by the Young Marble Giants - a post-punk, minimalist masterpiece

5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?

bookstores, libraries, record stores, cafes, museums, or at home

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE

waiting for the Path train late at night, especially in the summer when it’s
sticky and hot in the station

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

hmmmm...just about anywhere

8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?

Since I believe reality is largely a mental construct, the answer is obviously
`in mind'

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

Normally, between 7 and 8

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?

West Wing and Malcolm in the Middle. I'd add The Sopranos, but I just switched
back to basic cable

11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

Mr. Coffee. I also have a big cutting board of which I am fond.

12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

Certain smells, like the smell of the streets after a rainfall, trigger very
strong memories of being 10 or 11 and being outside and playing for hours
with lots of other kids on the street. At night, the play would culminate
in a wild game of "manhunt" or "hide and go seek." I sometimes get really
nostalgic for those days. The sounds of pop music from the early 70s can
also trigger such memories.

13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?

Irony and absurdity, such as a Luis Bunuel or Fellini movie, or something
like Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal." Also, The Onion, or the politically
satiric columns of Ted Rall and Tom Tomorrow.

14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

Social injustice. Also, bad work situations in which I've gotten royally
screwed by very unfair treatment.

15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I'd like to play the banjo and/or the ukulele and form a group to play old
music from 1900-1930.

16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?

Right at the moment, I really like Indian and Thai, so it would be a restaurant
that serves either.

17. SCARIEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?

Standing in Times Square on 9/11/01, watching the tape loop of the terrorist
attacks, not knowing whether another attack was imminent, and also not knowing
how I was going to get out of Manhattan.

18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT CURRENT
/FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR WOULD PLAY YOU?

John Cusack, hopefully

19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

Maybe

20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

James and the Giant Peach

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

spring

22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

washing the dishes

23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT
BE?

the ability to travel through space at the speed of light

24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

I don't believe in tattoos for someone like myself

25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?

I was a late bloomer - Mary, a co-worker, when I was 23. I fell in love with
her on a date at CBGBs. Everything prior to that was superficial. Maybe this
was superficial, too, but it sure didn't feel so at the time.

26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?

Mr Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan; or, perhaps Nobody Knows You When You’re Down
and Out.

27. DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?

dogs, but actually, I ultimately want a good fishtank filled with various
tropical fish

28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR

does not apply. I don't own a car

29. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO IS MOST
LIKELY TO RESPOND?

I really don't know.

30. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO WHO IS THE
LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

again, I really don't know

31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

wednesday

32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

theoretical

33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS
TO YOU.

This came from Dixon, who is a genuinely nice guy.

Tom

-------------------
none of our pockets are filled with gold
nobody's caught the bouquet
there are no dead presidents we can fold
nothing is going our way

--Tom Waits (More Than Rain, 1987)

Jason

Jan 2, 2002, 4:21:05 PM1/2/02

> 1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD
> IT BE?
Near the ocean or on a private island

> 2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?
pants are good...no, seriously, sweaters -I have a lot of them

> 3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?
eyes

> 4. WHAT' THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

it's been a while

> 5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?

in my house, or in a bookstore

> 6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE

a stormy night

> 7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

my shoulders

> 8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?

Strong in mind.

> 9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

about 6:30 -can't do it without an alarm clock

> 10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?

Malcolm in the Middle, DaVinci's Inquest, Bob and Margaret, 100 Centre
Street, This Hour has 22 Minutes (a couple of those are Canadian)

> 11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

my rice steamer

> 12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

spending the day at the beach and park

> 13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?

anything unexpected or witty

> 14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

right now, the provincial government

> 15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE?

piano

> 16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?
Cheesecake Etc., Earl's

> 17. SCARIEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?

slipping off a trail and almost landing on some rocks

> 18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT CURRENT
> /FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR WOULD PLAY YOU?

Um, maybe John Cryer

> 19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

Undecided

> 20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

Too many to choose - probably Corduroy and Dr. Seuss

> 21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

Summer

> 22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

Vacuuming

> 23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT
> BE?

to be able to go back and replay time with different outcomes

> 24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

Not brave enough!

> 25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?

Eighteen.

> 26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?

Last Worthless Evening by Don Henley

> 27. DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?

allergic to both, but cats

> 28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR

no car

> 31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

Friday

> 32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

Complicated

Sizz-aleen

Jan 3, 2002, 3:42:27 AM1/3/02
1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?

By the seaside, or on the English countryside, near Canterbury

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

I would have to say my white v-neck t-shirt, I can wear it with anything!

3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?

Definitely the eyes, you can tell so much about a person just by looking
into
their eyes

4. WHAT' THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

Look Into The Eyeball by David Byrne, I love his solo work, Desconocido
Soy is my favourite song off the album

5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?

At a restaurant having an intimate talk with friends or anyone who
I really care about or I also love being somewhere that is picturesque
where I can reflect about things.

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE

In a lineup anywhere!

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

Believe it or not the SCALP, have you ever HAD a scalp massage?
But don't get me wrong, getting a massage anywhere is lovely...

8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?

Mind, of course.

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

6:30 am!!!

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?

Right now I'd say this show in England called "Trigger Happy"

11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

My little hand blender, I make homemade soups with it, and just
WHIRRRRR it around to puree everything!

12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

Dancing across the kitchen floor with my Nan, with my feet on top
of her's. It was odd, because this was a memory that came back
to me only after she had passed away, funny how that works.

13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?

EVERYTHING makes me laugh! Anyone who knows me will say I'm always
laughing. Jokes that aren't even funny make me laugh, same with
slapstick, parody, satire and sarcasm.

14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

I get angry when people don't count their blessings and realize
just how lucky they are. It drives me nuts hearing people complain
about stupid, selfish things when there are people in the world
who are struggling every day just to survive.

15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I already play lots of instruments but I'd love to try a stringed
instrument like a violin or cello.

16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?

In Canada, Boston Pizza, in England, Bella Pasta in Leicester Square.

17. SCARIEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?

My first few moments that I realized I had moved to England, all
alone, never having been to England before...I thought "what the hell have I
done?"

18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT CURRENT
/FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR WOULD PLAY YOU?

Bea Arthur

19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

Let's just say I hope there is an afterlife

20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

I Am Really A Princess by Carol Diggory Shields

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

summer

22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

taking the garbage to the bin outside

23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT
BE?

The ability to go back in time

24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

Well I once gave myself a FAKE tattoo that I got from a piece of
gum, it was a monkey, I put it on my chest, it really hurt to take
it off...this wasn't that long ago...

25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?

There are many times I THOUGHT I was in love...gosh isn't that deep!

26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?

Days by the Kinks (written by Ray Davies)

27. DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?

dogs

28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR

Oh GOD! I'm too embarrassed to tell you all!

29. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO IS MOST
LIKELY TO RESPOND?

Don't know, hopefully everyone will reply, I'm totally curious!

30. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO WHO IS THE
LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

Actually the one I thought about would reply and say "I hate freaking
surveys"
or something like that, right?

31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

Thursdays

32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

whimsical

33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS
TO YOU.

The person who sent me this on e-mail is a dear friend who I hope I can get
know even better than I already do!

Don't eat Sizzle-fat, eat Sizz-aleen!

Tiny Dancer

Jan 5, 2002, 6:10:44 PM1/5/02
Some very surprising answers out there, what an interesting group
of humans we have here! Must be my turn, so let's get to it.

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?

On just about any body of water or in the deep countryside in England.

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

My nightie 'cause I don't have to impress anyone! Not yet anyway ;-)

3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?

Gotta go with the popular choice and say eyes. A nice smile also goes
a long way especially if they have all their teeth!

4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?

Doesn't really count 'cause I didn't buy it but I am SO grooving to Elton's
newest, "Songs From The West Coast". I cannot say enough about how
terrific it is. Not one single click-through song on the album and that's rare.
The last one I actually bought would be a '70s compilation one in the good
old Time-Life Sounds Of The Seventies series.

5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?

At home, I'm just not the social butterfly I once was. Second favorite would
have to be where I had lunch today, Carlos Murphy's with an NTN Trivia
Playmaker in front of me.

6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE

The hospital. Gives me horrible flashbacks to all the times I damaged
myself as a child!

7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

The bedroom ;-) Or the neck/shoulders, whichever comes first.

8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?

Definitely the mind. One of the sexiest parts of the body to me.

9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

When Riel starts yelling, "Time to get up, MOOOMMMM!", which is usually
by about 7AM.

10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?

Current: Scrubs, CSI, and Da Vinci's Inquest (the best crime drama Canada
has ever produced, it seriously rocks!).

All-time: The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Taxi, and Barney Miller.

11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

The coffee maker.

12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

Feeding the ducks with my Grandpa in Canvey Island, Essex, England.
One of the few stable times in my young life was the time I went to school
and lived with them for a few months while my parents were on the road.

13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?

Bill Cosby in his prime, ditto for Robin Williams, "Some Like It Hot",
"Fawlty Towers", my son on a daily basis.

14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

Stupid people that should be slapped hard! And friends that don't keep
their promises no matter how trivial.

15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Definitely the piano. I'd like to be Kate Bush or Diana Krall in my next life.

16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?

Not so much for the food but Carlos Murphy's is the only place I go these
days (mainly for the trivia, the regulars and Cindy the bartender). Otherwise,
just wheel me up to the Mandarin chinese food buffet and look out!

17. SCARIEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?

Luckily I was unconscious for the biggie (my head trauma as a kid). Next
scariest was the first time Riel took off when we moved into our current
abode. Scariest hour of my life not knowing where the heck he was and
the greatest relief when the cop car pulled up with him in the back, whew!

18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT CURRENT/
FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR WOULD PLAY YOU?

In my dreams, Marilyn Monroe. In reality, probably Camryn Manheim.

19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

Yes indeedy!

20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

Early childhood: Charlotte's Web.
Teen: Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret.

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

Summertiiiiime, and the livin' is easy.

22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

All of 'em! I'm the worst housekeeper on the planet. I think it stems from
the white glove treatment my Mum used to give me :-P

23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

To go back in time and be able to relive the good stuff and fix the bad stuff.

24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

A very small heart on my right hand above the index finger. I'm this close
to getting another one but can't decide what yet.

25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?

I probably fell in love with the doctor that delivered me, it happened so
many times! My first memory, though, was Derek at school when I was
about 10 years old. He barely knew I was alive.

26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?

Elton's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" or The Beatles' "Across
The Universe" or "Here, There And Everywhere".

27. DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?

Cats rule and dogs drool!

28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR

Nada, don't have a car :-(

29. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

No clue, I originally saw it on the ng.

30. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

Ditto!

31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

Monday 'cause it means the kid's going back to school, yeah!

32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

Spirited.

33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.

This whole group rocks my world and is filled with intelligent, witty, and
generally wonderful people.

Cheers,

TD

Getting to know you
Getting to know all about you
Getting to like you
Getting to hope you like me
from Rogers and Hammerstein's "Getting to Know You"

For a good time call
http://the70s.cjb.net

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/index.html

Dixon Hayes

Jan 5, 2002, 7:41:52 PM1/5/02
>19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
>
>Yes indeedy!

Rhonda, does this mean God sounds like Keith Jackson?

Tiny Dancer

Jan 5, 2002, 11:16:38 PM1/5/02
And so the word went out from dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes):

>>19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?
>>
>>Yes indeedy!
>
>Rhonda, does this mean God sounds like Keith Jackson?

LOL! I'd like to think He sounds more like Ned Flanders so make
that a hearty "Yes indeedlydo!" :-)

Cheers,

TD

Boy the way the Bee Gees played
Movies John Travolta made
Guessing how much Elvis weighed
Those were the days
from "The Simpsons"

for a good time call

rachel cree

Jan 6, 2002, 12:51:27 AM1/6/02
Hey there Rhonda...
I am thinking about getting another one too... what's say next time I go to
Toronto, we hit Way Cool Tattoos on Yonge?

Tiny Dancer

Jan 6, 2002, 4:03:44 PM1/6/02
And so the word went out from "rachel cree" <trist...@sympatico.ca>:

>Hey there Rhonda...
>I am thinking about getting another one too... what's say next time I go to
>Toronto, we hit Way Cool Tattoos on Yonge?

You are on, babe! Is there really a place called Way Cool Tattoos? Cool :-)
I got this one back in the early '80s at a grungy little underground place on
Dundas. It wasn't a communist lair or anything, you had to go down a flight
of stairs to get there. Can't remember the name now but an old Chinese guy
ran the place. The whole place was no bigger than my teeny livingroom.
A counter, one chair, walls covered with old tattoo sketches yellowed from
age and cigarette smoke, a lone naked light bulb illuminating the dank.
I figured all tattoo parlours looked like this, it had character. What the heck
was I thinking?! It was a present to myself from my first real paycheque.
Ahhh, youth.

The red part of the heart faded away after about 10 years so whenever I do
get a new one I'd like to have that filled back in as well. Don't want another
heart tat but I can't decide which way to go yet. I may live to regret it but you
can help me pick something out, Rach :-)

Cheers,

TD

Prisonyard stares and fleur-de-lis tattoos
Cannibals are saving all their bones for soup
from The Tragically Hip's "The Luxury"

rachel cree

Jan 6, 2002, 8:28:08 PM1/6/02
Hey now... my tattoo is very tasteful and I also picked my friend's
seahorse, Nigel's sun on his back AND the impressionist type scorpion on his
calf... You are in good hands. I have to figure out what it is I want and
what it is... I like stuff on my back so it will likely be there. Way Cool
was on Queen W and also a store on Yonge just at my old street, Isabella.

rach

Dawna

Jan 9, 2002, 4:36:00 AM1/9/02

"Tiny Dancer" <ti...@look.ca> wrote in message

> Some very surprising answers out there, what an interesting group
> of humans we have here! Must be my turn, so let's get to it.
>
> 1. IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?

Right around the southern end of the NE side of Tucson, looking up at the
Catalina Mountains . . . OR in Brooklyn Heights.

> 2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

Buddy's t-shirts.

> 3. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PHYSICAL FEATURE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX?

Honestly? The Monster portion! On first site, it would be more their
presence than a physical feature . . . but I guess I'd say smile.

> 4. WHAT'S THE LAST CD THAT YOU BOUGHT?
>

> The best of Blue Oyster Cult.

> 5. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE?

Besides the OBVIOUS, seated on a high rock in the Catalina Mountains or in
an art museum.

> 6. WHERE'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE PLACE TO BE

With someone who is sour or negative all the time.

> 7. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE MASSAGED?

The bedroom . . . Oh, I guess that was already mentioned. My feet.

> 8. WHAT'S MOST IMPORTANT, STRONG IN MIND OR STRONG IN BODY?

Mind, for sure!

> 9. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE IN THE MORNING?

Two hours before I need to be at work.

> 10. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?

South Park. Buddy introduced me to the Sopranos, and I really loved all of
it!

> 11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?

coffeemaker, otherwise known as Buddy when I'm in NY

> 12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

Summers at our cottage on Lake Winnipeg.

> 13. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?

Wittiness, animals, my mistakes, and Buddy.

> 14. WHAT MAKES YOU REALLY ANGRY?

Closed minds.

> 15. IF YOU COULD PLAY ANY INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE?

I have played many, but I wouldn't mind trying a harp, tho my fingertips
would hate me more than when I played guitar.

.

> 16. FAVORITE RESTAURANT/CAFE/EATERY?

For a sitdown meal, Lanza's, which isn't in Little Italy, as I first
thought. I LOVED the pizza we all had at (one of the) Ray's (sp? Rey's?)
Also Poco Taco in the Tucson Mall.

> 17. SCARIEST MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?

As a child, it was when my dad slid down the stairs. We thought he'd had a
heart attack, and I realized that he could have died and left us all. As a
mother, the call from Josh's school saying he had been assaulted. In my
life lately: finding out that my love has diabetes.

> 18. IF THERE WAS A MOVIE MADE ABOUT YOU, WHAT CURRENT/
> FORMER HOLLYWOOD STAR WOULD PLAY YOU?

I was recently told I look like a young Diane Keaton.

> 19. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE?

Definitely, no question.

> 20. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?

A Wrinkle in Time by Madelene L'Engle.

> 21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?

Spring back east. Winter in Tucson.

> 22. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE HOUSEHOLD CHORE?

Anything to do with garbage.

> 23. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Wish I could fly.

> 24. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

If I were to get one, it would be a Pooh bear type honey pot . . . on the
inside of my thigh, up high. (Sheesh, I can't beleive I revealed that!)

> 25. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST LOVE AND AT WHAT AGE?

Glen Weston, at age four. He was my first husband. The neighbor teen
dressed us up and actually married us! I would scan the pic and show you
all, but it's sealed in a huge collage on my parent's wall.

> 26. THE SONG YOU WISHED YOU HAD WRITTEN?

You'll Never Walk Alone.

> 27. DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?

Dogs. They're much more playful and interactive.

> 28. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR

A Snickers box with tools and some grocery bags. A bungy cord, tire pump,
rachet set, flashlight. Boring stuff!!

> 29. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?

NA

> 30. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO WHO IS THE LEAST LIKELY TO
RESPOND?

NA

> 31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?

Every day!

> 32. USING ONLY ONE WORD DESCRIBE YOURSELF?

Dynamic.

> 33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.

One nice thing

LOL

This group is filled with my favorite people in the world!!!!!

Sorry this took me so long! I enjoyed reading everyone else's also.

~~~~Dawna