I'm new here

James Dobrovicz

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
Hello,

I heard about this newsgroup from looking at Dee Thomas' 70s site, and since
I'm going through a major 70s flashback at this point in my life, I wanted
to find a forum to share my own memories.

I started with my flashbacks recently, when my family and I moved into a new
house and got Dish Network. Watching all those great game shows from the
1970s like "Match Game", "Tattletales", and "Family Feud" on Game Show
Network triggered something in my mind that made me start reminiscing.

I was born in 1970, and I do have pretty vivid memories of my childhood,
starting around 1974. I was pretty heavy into disco for a little kid, not to
mention all of the soft-rock stuff that was around. In fact, I never stopped
liking pop music of the 1970s, even after disco "died" in the early 1980s.
Even though I was a teenager in the 1980s, I always thought that much of
'80s culture was pretty lame, and much preferred the '70s.

I may ask a lot of questions at first, since I am new, so please don't flame
me if I ask something that's been discussed to death.

Have a nice day!
James C. Dobrovicz

Kelly A Wittman

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
James,

Welcome!

I have only been here a few weeks. It is a great group. You will have a good
time.

Kelly

TomGRotz

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
Hi James,

I just subscribed to this group last week, and it is pretty cool. I was born
in 65, so have one leg in each decade.

I found the group while searching for information on Douglas Coupland who wrote
Generation X and a number of other children of the 60s-70s type stories.

Anyway, Hi.

Tom

Sandyfour

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
Hi! and welcome....you'll really like it here....everyone is soooo nice...and
very eager to discuss the 70s.....so, bring on the questions!! : )

Sandy

Raphael

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99

James Dobrovicz wrote in message <7g1013$d6t$4...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...
>Hello,

Hello backatcha.

>I heard about this newsgroup from looking at Dee Thomas' 70s site, and
since
>I'm going through a major 70s flashback at this point in my life, I wanted
>to find a forum to share my own memories.

Kewl, and welcome aboard...memory sharing seems to be what this place is all
about.

>I was born in 1970, and I do have pretty vivid memories of my childhood,
>starting around 1974. I was pretty heavy into disco for a little kid, not
>mention all of the soft-rock stuff that was around. In fact, I never
stopped
>liking pop music of the 1970s, even after disco "died" in the early 1980s.
>Even though I was a teenager in the 1980s, I always thought that much of
>'80s culture was pretty lame, and much preferred the '70s.

I'm another of these 'foot in both decades' kinda folks...1964. So I
remember a fair bit o' the 70's.

>I may ask a lot of questions at first, since I am new, so please don't
flame
>me if I ask something that's been discussed to death.

Flame? Don't worry 'bout that here...we tend to be a 'flame free' bunch.
As was stated (before you joined) a while ago, all egos are checked at the
door around here. (so, if you're missing your ego, that's the first place
to check...it disappears without you even knowing it happened....).

Welcome aboard, James! Post away and have fun!

Erin ">