Favorite Variety Show

mg

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
Favorite variety show of the '70's? The nominees are:

Sonny and Cher
Flip Wilson Show
Tony Orlando and Dawn
Donny and Marie
Can't think of any others, can you (Ed Sullivan doesn't count, his show
ended in '70)?

I'll vote for Flip, although I confess to watching Tony Orlando on a regular
basis, as well as Sonny and Cher.

Kelly A Wittman

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
This is a tough one but I have to pick Sonny and Cher.

Sandyfour

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
></PRE></HTML>

ooooo.....how about Carol Burnett?? They were all great shows, weren't they??
I think I'll vote for Flip, too.

Sandy

LizzieZ

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99
>Favorite variety show of the '70's? The nominees are:
>
>Sonny and Cher
>Flip Wilson Show
>Tony Orlando and Dawn
>Donny and Marie
>Can't think of any others, can you (Ed Sullivan doesn't count, his show
>ended in '70)?

I loved Carol Burnett (I see someone else mentioned that) and Donny & Marie.
But don't you forget about The Brady Bunch Variety Hour!!

Liz

Rebecca

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

Sandyfour wrote:

> >Favorite variety show of the '70's? The nominees are:
> >
> >Sonny and Cher
> >Flip Wilson Show
> >Tony Orlando and Dawn
> >Donny and Marie
> >Can't think of any others, can you (Ed Sullivan doesn't count, his show
> >ended in '70)?
> >

> >I'll vote for Flip, although I confess to watching Tony Orlando on a regular
> >basis, as well as Sonny and Cher.
> >

> ></PRE></HTML>
>
> ooooo.....how about Carol Burnett?? They were all great shows, weren't they??
> I think I'll vote for Flip, too.
>
> Sandy

Yes, let's not forget Carol Burnett and Friends. That was my favorite variety
show.

Becky

DJ Cruella

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
I LOVED Flip Wilson show as a kid.... the 70's version of RuPaul!! ;)
I remember laughing so hard I'd almost wet myself when Flip was doing his
Geraldine routines
Those were the BEST! "The devil made me buy dis dress!"
and "My boyfriend Killer gonna get you!" Too Funny!

Rebecca <pink...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Geeber83

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
I also loved Carol Burnett! That one was the best of them all. Sonny and Cher
was OK but not as funny.

Tom

MrsHugh

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
First of all I'm new to the ng, my name is Molly. I'm really interested in
stuff from the 70s (especially music and TV, kids shows in paticular). I just
saw this thread and here are my fave shows.

ShaNaNa
Bonkers (The Hudson Brothers)
Donny & Marie
Sonny & Cher
Cher
Captain and Tanielle (yes they had a show)
Pink Lady and Jeff (can't remember if that was 70s or 80s)

Okay that's all for now. =o)

Molly
http://www.angelfire.com/mn/mollyfa99/index.html
ICQ # 37635413

Rebecca

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99

MrsHugh wrote:

> First of all I'm new to the ng, my name is Molly. I'm really interested in
> stuff from the 70s (especially music and TV, kids shows in paticular). I just
> saw this thread and here are my fave shows.

Welcome to the '70s, Molly! This is such a fun group to take part in, so dig
right in and groove with us.

> ShaNaNa
> Bonkers (The Hudson Brothers)
> Donny & Marie
> Sonny & Cher
> Cher
> Captain and Tanielle (yes they had a show)
> Pink Lady and Jeff (can't remember if that was 70s or 80s)

It's been hard for me to admit, but I really liked Donny and Marie. I just loved
his purple socks! Lord help me but I had a secret crush on Bowzer. Also enjoyed
Captain and Tennille, though he really irked me somewhat when I was a kid since he
never, or rarely, spoke. The music was good and I always thought she was so
pretty and wanted to look like her when I grew up. That's a far cry! LOL

Becky

jam

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
I loved the summer replacement series.
When Sonny & Cher went on hiatus CBS would give other shows a crack.
The Keane Brothers (pre-Hanson :)
Tony O & Dawn
Panty Shields & Yarnell
Captain & Tennille
any others........
jam

P.S. C'mon, PINK LADY sucked.
anyone remember 4 girls 4 ??????

RetroTrish wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Although it was another decade (and I was very young when it was on) my
> favorite all-time variety show was The Ed Sullivan. Of the '70's shows I
> liked Sonny & Cher a lot at the time; haven't seen a rerun of it in years.

> Trish in Atlanta
> My Retro Fun home page: http://home.att.net/~retrotrish/index.html
> * Dachshund Rescue * Retrotown Maillist
> RetroTrish's Retro Treasures * Dog Antiques * 1940's-'60's
> Children's Books * Boomerabilia Collectibles *
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/retrotrish/

al...@my-dejanews.com

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
what?? you mean to tell me you didn't like pink lady and jeff's version of
"in the navy" sung like "PINK-A-LADY", jam?? LOL

j...@email.com wrote:

> P.S. C'mon, PINK LADY sucked.
> anyone remember 4 girls 4 ??????

Absinthe

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
MrsHugh wrote:

> First of all I'm new to the ng, my name is Molly. I'm really interested in
> stuff from the 70s (especially music and TV, kids shows in paticular). I just
> saw this thread and here are my fave shows.
>
> ShaNaNa
> Bonkers (The Hudson Brothers)
> Donny & Marie
> Sonny & Cher
> Cher
> Captain and Tanielle (yes they had a show)
> Pink Lady and Jeff (can't remember if that was 70s or 80s)
>
> Okay that's all for now. =o)
>
> Molly
> http://www.angelfire.com/mn/mollyfa99/index.html
> ICQ # 37635413

Mine would be close to your list with the addition of The Smothers
Brothers...

Kelly

Sandyfour

May 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/12/99
>I loved the summer replacement series.

I remember the Dick Van Dyke variety show on one summer...I loved it! I
remember it being so funny AND he had KC and the Sunshine Band on!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
: )
Sandy