In America

Kelly

Sep 13, 2001, 5:12:14 AM9/13/01
This song has been going through my head all day today. I
updated it a little bit.

In America
Charlie Daniels Band

Well the eagle's been flyin' slow
And the flag's been flyin' low
And a lotta people sayin' that America's fixin' to fall
Well speakin' just for me
And some people from NYC
We've got a thing or two to tell you all

This lady may have stumbled
But she ain't never failed
And if the terrorists* don't believe that
They can all go straight to hell

We're gonna put her feet back
On the path of righteousness and then

God bless America again

CHORUS

And you never did think
That it ever would happen again
You never did think
That we'd ever get together again
( We da*& sure fooled you )
Yeah, we're walking real proud
And we're talkin' real loud again ( In America )
You never did think
That it ever would happen again

From The Sound up in Long Island
Out to San Francisco Bay
And everything that's in between them Is our own

And we may have done a little bit
Of fightin' amongst ourselves
But you outside people best leave us alone

'Cause we'll all stick together
And you can take that to the bank
That's the cowboys and the hippies
And the rebels and the yanks

You just go and lay your hand
On a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan
And I think you're gonna finally understand

REPEAT CHORUS TWICE

* the word terrorists was chosen because it fit into the
flow of the song. I didn't think that the words I feel in my
heart to describe the subhumans responsible for recent
events would fit right. Sorry that I couldn't find a
stronger word. I am sure we all have our own ideas what to
put there.

Now is not the time to fight over words. It is time to bond
together and help each other heal. We will come back
stronger than ever. Let's hope that the guilty will be
punished and the loss of innocent lives, no matter where
they are from, will not be tolerated.

Kelly

WiNK

Sep 13, 2001, 12:10:43 PM9/13/01
Great lyrics, Kelly....thanks! When I went for my morning walk today, I
sang "God Bless America" at the top of my lungs while looking at our
beautiful Rocky Mountains in the distance........ "....from the mountains,
to the prairies, to the oceans white with foam....."

Nadine

--
God Bless America!
=========;===========;()

Kelly <spide...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Tiny Dancer

Sep 14, 2001, 11:21:21 PM9/14/01
And so the word went out from "WiNK" <elvis...@yahoopride.com>:

>Great lyrics, Kelly....thanks! When I went for my morning walk today, I
>sang "God Bless America" at the top of my lungs while looking at our
>beautiful Rocky Mountains in the distance........ "....from the mountains,
>to the prairies, to the oceans white with foam....."
>
>Nadine
>
>--
>God Bless America!
>=========;===========;()
> # # # #::::::::::::
> # # # #::::::::::::
> # # # #::::::::::::
> # # # #::::::::::::
> # # # # # # #
> # # # # # # #
> # # # # # # #
> # # # # # # #
> # # # # # # #
> # # # # # # #

Right on, Nadine, great tune, and you're sportin' a fab flag there yourself! :-)

Cheers,

TD

There's a brand new day a-comin' for the land called U.S.A.
New tunes we'll be a-strummin' in our hearts by night and day
As we march on we'll be hummin', how our troubles' gone away
'Cause we've found out what free men can really do
from Langston Hughes' "A New Wind A Blowin'"

For a good time call
http://the70s.cjb.net

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://i.am/tinyd