OT: Real life Monster C**k!

Tiny Dancer

Sep 21, 2001, 7:08:36 PM9/21/01
Good for a giggle, couldn't resist. Long live Monster C**ks!

http://news.theolympian.com/stories/20010920/SouthSound/110273.shtml

LORRINE THOMPSON, THE OLYMPIAN

THURSTON COUNTY -- Beauty is not the only thing that's in the eye of the
beholder, Thurston County Sheriff's deputies are discovering.

What's considered funny and in good taste also can vary by individuals, a
reality that has landed law officials in the middle of such a disagreement.

Regardless of differing opinions, deputies say there's nothing they can do
about a 7-foot penis carved out of a tree stump in the driveway of a house on
Union Mills Road.

The fact that two American flags are waving from the top of the sculpture
doesn't change that, officials say. Freedom of expression is protected by the
U.S. Constitution.

"We've received calls about it over the last couple of months," sheriff's Capt.
Dan Kimball said.

"I sent one of the lieutenants out there, but he said he didn't know what we
could do about it. And neither do I," Kimball said. "We don't have a county
ordinance that I know of that says you can't carve your tree into a penis."

Alexia Sandifer doesn't understand why not, why some controls can't be
maintained on something easily visible from a well-traveled road.

"I take my daughter to school every day down that road," said Sandifer, who
was among those who called authorities objecting to the carving. "To me, that's
just not something a 6-year-old needs to view."

Sandifer said she understands people have different opinions on art. "Go put it
in a carving show, not where children can see it."

She also wondered what the owner meant by sticking American flags into the top
of the carving, something Sandifer sees as disrespectful.

The flags are meant to be supportive of the United States, said Jean Paul
"J.P." Parshall, who carved the tree stump during a week this summer.

"The landlord wanted to take the tree down. I was sitting there one day and
thinking, 'I know what I can make out of that.' I told him to leave a 7- or
8-foot section," said Parshall, 25, a builder at J&M Steel.

"No one ever says anything to me," he said. "The kids drive by and honk and
whistle."

One morning recently he found an older couple in the yard saluting the statue,
he claimed.

"I get all kinds of amusement out of that thing," he said.

Parshall said he thought the carving would be funny, something to laugh at. He
also sculpted it "because I can do it and nobody can say anything about it."

He has similarly colorful bumper stickers on his car, he said. Sometimes people
honk and wave, other times his car has been egged.

The negative reactions don't bother him.

"People who don't have a sense of humor, I feel sorry for them," he said.

When the rain returns, he plans to put a large condom on the sculpture and
promote safe sex, Parshall said.

Later, he plans to move it to his porch and hang Christmas lights on it, he said.

In a similar situation last year, Pierce County officials discovered they could
do nothing when a south county resident displayed lighted cutouts of reindeer
mating in his front yard.

That display also drew a mixture of laughs and complaints, county officials
reported.

The Sheriff's Office might continue to get complaints about Parshall's carving,
but can only explain the situation to callers, Kimball said.

"It's not like there's a law against what he's got," he said. "People have the
right to have poor taste."

Cheers,

TD

'Cause I live and breathe this Philadelphia freedom
From the day that I was born I've waved the flag
Philadelphia freedom took me knee-high to a man
Yeah, gave me peace of mind my daddy never had
from Elton John's "Philadelphia Freedom"

For a good time call
http://the70s.cjb.net

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://i.am/tinyd

LizzieZ

Sep 21, 2001, 7:19:46 PM9/21/01
>Good for a giggle, couldn't resist. Long live Monster C**ks!
>
>http://news.theolympian.com/stories/20010920/SouthSound/110273.shtml

Rhonda, where do you find some of this stuff?? This was hilarious -- thanks
for the chuckle!

Liz

antipos...@127.0.0.1

Sep 21, 2001, 7:33:10 PM9/21/01

My favorite quote from this story:

"We don't have a county ordinance that I know of that says you can't carve
your tree into a penis."

Hilarious!

Thanks, TD.

recsec

Sep 21, 2001, 7:47:35 PM9/21/01

"Tiny Dancer" <ti...@idirect.com> wrote in message

> Good for a giggle, couldn't resist. Long live Monster C**ks!
>
> http://news.theolympian.com/stories/20010920/SouthSound/110273.shtml

Well damn. I think it was Dustin who institiuted a point system for those
who were able to bring up the Monster Cock subject. I was hoping to be able
to tie it into the $2 crack whores but have been unable to. I'm kinda
falling behind in points ya know. But I would have to guess Rhonda that you
just scored big time here. This is pretty funny.
Billy

Tiny Dancer

Sep 21, 2001, 7:50:47 PM9/21/01
And so the word went out from liz...@aol.comedy (LizzieZ):

You're welcome, Liz! Just odd things I find in other groups. Once I read
what it was about, how could I not report it here of all places? :-) Anything
to break the tension is a good thing these days and this one was perfectly
tailored to us!

Tiny Dancer

Sep 21, 2001, 7:52:13 PM9/21/01
And so the word went out from <antipos...@127.0.0.1>:

Sure thing, Tom! I liked the mental image of the two American flags
flying on top of the thing myself :-) Shame the site didn't have a pic!

Yeff

Sep 21, 2001, 8:02:41 PM9/21/01
In article <rkQq7.5651$Dq7.178...@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>,
recsec<rec...@flash.net> wrote in
alt.culture.us.1970s:

> Well damn. I think it was Dustin who institiuted a point system for those
> who were able to bring up the Monster Cock subject.

[adjusting tie]

I get no respect, no respect!

> I was hoping to be able
> to tie it into the $2 crack whores but have been unable to. I'm kinda
> falling behind in points ya know. But I would have to guess Rhonda that you
> just scored big time here. This is pretty funny.

I'm not so sure this one scores. It's
got to be creatively entered into a
thread, not started as its very own
subject.

Still, it's a funny story.

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

recsec

Sep 21, 2001, 8:07:44 PM9/21/01

"Yeff" <ye...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> [adjusting tie]
>
> I get no respect, no respect!

Whoops!!!! Sorry Jeff. Hope this little faux paus of mine don't come into
play when it comes time to score.

> > I was hoping to be able
> > to tie it into the $2 crack whores but have been unable to. I'm kinda
> > falling behind in points ya know. But I would have to guess Rhonda that
you
> > just scored big time here. This is pretty funny.

> I'm not so sure this one scores. It's
> got to be creatively entered into a
> thread, not started as its very own
> subject.

O Ok then. Then the rules are starting to come into focus.
Billy

DL

Sep 21, 2001, 8:33:32 PM9/21/01
http://home.t-online.de/home/mb.koenig/meisen2.htm

This is a sample of the text from this site:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - -
"The Great Tit (german: Kohlmeise, sci.: Parus major). Winter 1996 was
not yet terminated when a pair of Great Tits found their place in a
self-built nest box, which they examined from the inside to the
outside. I prepared the box for video surveillance by fixing a little
b&w camera and a microphone into it."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - -

There are many photos presented here also.

Parus Major, hee hee hee.

;)

Beatlfilms

Sep 21, 2001, 9:16:29 PM9/21/01
Tiny Dancer reported:

>One morning recently he found an older couple in the yard saluting the
>statue,
>he claimed.

Well now, I'd plunk down a shiny new United States quarter for a photo of that!

Great story!

Shawn

The Wanderer

Sep 22, 2001, 3:24:36 AM9/22/01
I dont usually go to links, wastes TOO much time. But I went to this one
looking to see the picture. Aint NO picture there, dammit!

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5591/
http://the70s.cjb.net

"It'd take a guy a lifetime to know Brooklyn t'roo an' t'roo. An' even den,
yuh wouldn't know it all."
Thomas Wolfe from Death To Morning

"Tiny Dancer" <ti...@idirect.com> wrote in message

The Wanderer

antipos...@127.0.0.1

Sep 22, 2001, 10:48:01 AM9/22/01

You want to know something funny, here in Jersey City, one of our streets
is named "Dick Street." The thing about Dick Street, though, is that it little
more than a short alleyway with a few buildings on each side, thus making
it describable as tiny little Dick Street.

Stevie Nice

Sep 22, 2001, 11:19:45 AM9/22/01
You have to admit Buddy, they were a nice pair of tits though.

Jamie

Sep 22, 2001, 12:04:58 PM9/22/01
>You have to admit Buddy, they were a nice pair of tits though.

I gotta admit...curiosity got the better of me and I had to check it
out... and indeed they *were* lovely tits.

Jamie

Larry Naessens

Sep 22, 2001, 2:08:02 PM9/22/01

Is it okay if, in this case I just take your word for that? You left
out a certain detail when telling me to check out this thread. *l*

Larry

Still the Oldies Rocker

The Wanderer

antipos...@127.0.0.1

Sep 22, 2001, 2:30:53 PM9/22/01

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>But you dont "live" on that street, right?

No, I live on Oakland Avenue; I sometimes pass Dick Street on the way to
the bank or the college where I teach.

Dixon Hayes

Sep 22, 2001, 2:34:23 PM9/22/01
Tom wrote:

>You want to know something funny, here in Jersey City, one of our streets
>is named "Dick Street."

By any chance, is there a cul-de-sac at the end of it?

Dixon (who's truly ashamed of himself)
===========
"Gomer, you get down there with them spiders and get to work!"
--Barney Fife

Classic Hollywood Squares:
http://www.geocities.come/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

Dixon's Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/

antipos...@127.0.0.1

Sep 22, 2001, 3:28:26 PM9/22/01

dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes) wrote:
>Tom wrote:
>

>>You want to know something funny, here in Jersey City, one of our streets
>>is named "Dick Street."
>
>By any chance, is there a cul-de-sac at the end of it?

There may have been a cul-de-sac, once upon a time, but if so, it got snipped
off, just like John Wayne Bobbitt's
cul-de-sac.

The Wanderer

DL

Sep 23, 2001, 3:06:20 AM9/23/01

There's a Dick Road in Spokane, WA.

Sandy

Sep 23, 2001, 2:01:05 PM9/23/01
*Now* I see the *real* reason they discontinued those Dick and Jane books in
school.....little boys have dirty, dirty minds!
:)

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78