Horror Movies With a Comic Twist (slightly OT)

1 view

Molly Fanton

Oct 16, 2000, 12:28:09 AM10/16/00
Last night I was watching this very strange, yet funny movie called,
"Freaked". It starred Alex Winter (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure)
and Randy Quaid. I caught the movie in the middle, so I didn't catch
the full story line, except that Randy Quaid's character was a mad
scientist who turns people into freaks by using toxic waste. It's
really funny, and it has the style of "Airplane".
To get back to my original point is what are some of your favorite
comedy horror movies? Here's my list:

Manos: The Hands of Fate (this movie wasn't meant to be funny, but it's
so bad it's hilarious, MST3K fans will know what I mean)
Pandemonium (made in the 80s, it's a spoof of slasher movies starring
Tom Smothers, Paul "Pee Wee Herman" Reubens, Carol Kane and Judge
Reinhold. If you get a chance to see it, it's brilliant.)
Young Frankenstein (what can I say, this movie is a classic)
Saturday the 14th (a great movie starring Richard Benjamin and Paula
Prentiss)

Okay, I know there are others out there, but I can't remember them.

Molly

antipos...@my-deja.com

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
The Evil Dead II, Basketcase, and Dead Alive are horror-comedy
classics. I also get a chuckle out of Frankenhooker, and many of the
Troma classics (like Toxic Avenger and Class of Nuke `Em High).

So too are most Ed Wood movies.

Incidentally, check out my review of The Refrigerator, a lesser known
piece of horror-comedy cleverness, on IMDB.Com. I'm listed as TMC-5

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

antipos...@my-deja.com

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00

Molly Fanton

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Oh I forgot about the Troma movies. "Toxic Waste Man" was a classic.

Molly

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote:

> The Evil Dead II, Basketcase, and Dead Alive are horror-comedy
> classics. I also get a chuckle out of Frankenhooker, and many of the
> Troma classics (like Toxic Avenger and Class of Nuke `Em High).
>
> So too are most Ed Wood movies.
>
> Incidentally, check out my review of The Refrigerator, a lesser known
> piece of horror-comedy cleverness, on IMDB.Com. I'm listed as TMC-5

antipos...@my-deja.com

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
In article <39EB3331...@worldnet.att.net>,

Molly Fanton <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Oh I forgot about the Troma movies. "Toxic Waste Man" was a classic.
>
> Molly

You gotta love Toxie, NJ's own radioactive monster superhero!

andy749

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Return of the Living Dead
Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein

Molly Fanton

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
*slaps head*
How could I forget "Hysterical" with the Hudson Brothers. This movie
isn't the greatest, but it has a lot of great parts in it. My favorite
quote from that movie is, "You're doomed."

Molly

Sandy

Oct 16, 2000, 10:47:20 PM10/16/00
American Werewolf In London....I loved that movie. I must have seen it about 5
times back then...

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

redace

Oct 16, 2000, 11:56:00 PM10/16/00

Sandy wrote in message <20001016224720...@ng-mf1.aol.com>...

>American Werewolf In London....I loved that movie. I must have seen it
about 5
>times back then...

"Stick to the roads, steer clear of the moors."
"Uh oh."
:-)

Lori =^.^=

Teu...@webtv.net

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
How about the "Creepshow" movies? Or, a really bizarre flick called "The
Invisible Maniac"?

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger'
- Friedrick Nietzsche

Patricia Weppler

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

_______
http://www.patriciaweppler.com

Molly Fanton

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Now here's one of the worst movies that I've ever seen. It was so bad
it's funny. :)

Molly

Tim

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Does it count if the movie is so stupid that it is unintentionally
funny? If so, Rawhead Rex comes to mind.

Tim

Molly Fanton

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
No it doesn't matter, because most of the movies like "Invasion of the
Bee Girls" is so bad it's funny. I looked in a movie book I have, and
this movie got three stars, which means the person who reviewed this
movie thought it was good.

Molly

Tim

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Molly Fanton wrote:

> No it doesn't matter, because most of the movies like "Invasion of the
> Bee Girls" is so bad it's funny. I looked in a movie book I have, and
> this movie got three stars, which means the person who reviewed this
> movie thought it was good.

Three stars for the "Bee Girls" or "Rawhead Rex"??? BTW, I believe it
was a mid 80's movie, but the subject does say OT!

Tim

Lorrie

Oct 17, 2000, 8:19:19 PM10/17/00
Antipositivist writes:
>The Evil Dead II, Basketcase, and Dead Alive are horror-comedy
>classics. I also get a chuckle out of Frankenhooker, and many of the
>Troma classics (like Toxic Avenger and Class of Nuke `Em High).

Is Basketcase the movie about the guy that carries his deformed twin in a
basket? I remember watching that years ago. Think I'll go see if it's
available at Blockbuster. Think I'd like to see that one again!

Lorrie

redace

Oct 17, 2000, 8:29:44 PM10/17/00

Molly Fanton wrote in message <39EA83FE...@worldnet.att.net>...

Okay, this one may be a bit obscure, but HILLARIOUS! It's called
"Psycho's in Love". It's about to serial killers who fall in love. The
guy kills girls who like grapes (he hates them) and the girl kills guys
who start talking about the weather. It is a must see!

Lori =^.^=

Molly Fanton

Oct 17, 2000, 8:57:27 PM10/17/00
The three stars was for "Invasion of the Bee Girls", which shocked me,
because this movie isn't that good. I think it's gotten good reviews,
because it's very campy.
I remembered another movie that is bad it's funny, in a very sick way, but
"Silent Night, Deadly Night". This is the one where the killer is dressed
like Santa Claus.

Molly

Sandy

Oct 17, 2000, 9:36:24 PM10/17/00
>>American Werewolf In London....I loved that movie. I must have seen it
>about 5
>>times back then...
>>

>"Stick to the roads, steer clear of the moors."
>"Uh oh."
>:-)
>
>Lori =^.^=

ooo, that's it Lori! I think it's time to see it again! : )

Sandy

Oct 17, 2000, 9:37:27 PM10/17/00
>How about the "Creepshow" movies? Or, a really bizarre flick called "The
>Invisible Maniac"?

Those Creepshows were really CREEPY! Remember the one with the roaches?
*shivers* YUCK!!!

antipos...@my-deja.com

Oct 17, 2000, 10:45:23 PM10/17/00
In article <20001017201919...@ng-fr1.aol.com>,
truet...@aol.com (Lorrie) wrote:

> Is Basketcase the movie about the guy that carries his deformed twin
> in a basket? I remember watching that years ago. Think I'll go see >
> if it's available at Blockbuster. Think I'd like to see that one
> again!
>
> Lorrie

Hi Lorrie,

Yup, that's the one. There are three in the series, and each one is more
over the top than the previous one. But the first is my favorite. So
enjoy.

Tom