NYC, my vacation, and back to work :-)

1 view

Naz Reyes

Dec 15, 2001, 5:46:33 PM12/15/01

David Ballarotto

Dec 15, 2001, 6:08:22 PM12/15/01
Uh, Naz, are you forgetting something here?

"Naz Reyes" <n...@american.edu> wrote in message

rach

Dec 15, 2001, 6:15:47 PM12/15/01
That good huh, Will?

Grace

Naz Reyes

Dec 15, 2001, 6:32:39 PM12/15/01
Hmmm...having problems here...I can't seem to get this shit to work!!! :-)

Where to start, where to start...wow.

Ok...first off, I'm finally back from vacation (it started Dec. 1) and I
have to say that I still feel a little strange being here in the office
and all...getting used to too much socializing and shopping for two
weeks is very hard to just stop...I just finished reading about 400
e-mails and most of 'em are junk mail, and 20 percent of 'em are from
sites offering free porno stuff :-) Anyway...

NEW YORK CITY....wow - that's the first word I could think of. First
off, the whole gang was just awesome!!! Never in life have I thought of
actually meeting a bunch of wonderful people coming from different parts
of North America, from different walks of life, and being able to meet
in one place for a weekend of friendship and fun! I still can't get
over the fact that we were able to pull this off...WOW.

Where do I begin here...Ok...well, first off, I arrived in NYC around
6:45PM, and a little worried because of the fact that I was 2 hours
earlier than I expected (the ticket attendant told me that my arrival
was supposed to be 9PM). I started looking for Rach's cell number,
which I *thought* was going to work, but apparently it didn't (Thanks
Rach! LOL), then I tried calling Kelly's home number and left a
message, hoping that she'd stop by at home for a few minutes, but that,
of course, didn't happen. Anyway...I decided to just walk around and
check the area, to see what I could discover...I actually enjoyed the
"scenery" because so much stuff was happening outside of the train
station (it's smack in the middle of NYC). 33rd St exit (close to the
Empire State building) was actually the interesting exit. Lots of
winos, bums, and druggies, and people that are just hanging out, looking
for some "action" :-) Anyway....

After checking out all the exits by the train station, I finally got
tired of running around, and went ahead and sat down by the "waiting
area" in the station. As I started walking, I saw two gals going the
other direction, and I *knew* Kelly was one of them! It's so strange
because I was trying to figure if the other gal was Rach (I expected a
much "darker being" of Southern European/Greek descent...anyway...I
followed them like a stalker and finally said, "excuse me, do you have
$200 so I could go to Virginia"? Well, before I was able to finish my
sentence, Rach and Kelly were both screaming, "Naaaazzz!!!!" We hugged
each other and felt like we've known each other all our lives :-)

After exchanging a few words with each other, Kelly mentioned that Tom
was going to meet us in about a hour or so, so we waited for Tom by the
Houlihan's bar by the station. Kelly, I'll never forget sitting down
with you on the floor by the station...I felt like I was in high school
again :-) Anyway, before Tom got there, some guy in uniform approached
Rach and told her that he's the police, and told her to put her hands on
the wall so he could search her. I was, like, WTF is this???!!! Well,
as Rach turned around and put her hands on the wall, and the guy started
laughing and said that he's just joking or something. You should've
seen Rach's face! LOL :-) Needless to say, it was all a joke...yup,
only in New York :)

Sheezz...this is getting long...PART TWO coming up :-)

-Naz

MollyFa

Dec 15, 2001, 6:31:56 PM12/15/01
Naz, I can't see your post. I just got a blank thread. knocking on the
newsgroup mike Testing testing. :)

Molly

Naz Reyes

Dec 15, 2001, 7:20:19 PM12/15/01

Naz Reyes wrote:

Ok...back from my cigarette break (which exit should we take Kelly?!) :-)

Man, I got so much to say I don't know where to start. I haven't even
mentioned the fact that Rach and Kelly are such WONDERFUL PEOPLE and
all!!! Sorry guys :-) Oh, did I mention that Rach has a pair of
awesome GREEN eyes that will just make anyone melt???!!! :-) Anyhow...

Tom arrived an hour or so later and he automatically knew who I was
(even though I was still sitting on the floor with Kelly at the time he
arrived...By the way, Kelly looked kinda "Gothic" when I met her at the
station...the only thing missing was the white makeup...LOL). He gave
me a good handshake and all, and I knew at that moment, Tom and I would
get along just fine even though I didn't know him much. Tom, your SMILE
will always win friends anytime, anywhere! :-)

Anyway, we ended up in some swinger's bar (well, it sure looked like it
to me...LOL) and we all had a drink a piece...I'm still surprised at the
fact that Rach ONLY had a Heineken... Oh, and Rach IS as outspoken and
fun as everyone thinks in person :-) We talked and talked like we've
known each other for years....amazing...I was actually forgetting that I
was in NYC with people I've just met for the first time...you guys rock!

Well, that night was a pretty short night for us since we had to wake up
early in the morning to meet up with Buddy, Dawna and Stevie. Tom and I
said our goodbye to the girls for the night and went our separate
ways...I had a chance to get know Tom on our way to his place in Jersey.
Tom and I talked for another hour or so before finally calling it a
night. I'll say this though...Tom isn't as conservative as I expected.
He's actually as much of a party animal as Rach and Kelly are! LOL :)
Oh - and before I forget, thanks again for letting me stay in your
place, Tom!

Another cigarette break....PARK THREE coming up :)

-Naz

rach

Dec 15, 2001, 8:12:26 PM12/15/01

> Man, I got so much to say I don't know where to start. I haven't even
> mentioned the fact that Rach and Kelly are such WONDERFUL PEOPLE and
> all!!! Sorry guys :-) Oh, did I mention that Rach has a pair of
> awesome GREEN eyes that will just make anyone melt???!!! :-) Anyhow...

Naz, that is too sweet... but yet again, only the gay guys see this... lol

> Anyway, we ended up in some swinger's bar (well, it sure looked like it
> to me...LOL) and we all had a drink a piece...I'm still surprised at the
> fact that Rach ONLY had a Heineken... Oh, and Rach IS as outspoken and
> fun as everyone thinks in person

How drunk did you want me to GET Nazzy?? lol

rach

rach

Dec 15, 2001, 8:54:29 PM12/15/01
where the hell is part three, Naz?

--

rach

Naz Reyes

Dec 15, 2001, 9:24:41 PM12/15/01

Naz Reyes wrote:

PART THREE: Meeting Buddy, Dawna, and Stevie, and the Manhattan Tour.

First off, I woke up at 8:30AM that morning and got less than 4 hours of
sleep. Despite that, I was excited about meeting the rest of the gang
that morning.

Tom and I took the Jersey subway into NYC, transferred to the NYC subway
and walked a few blocks to the Starbucks where we all met Buddy, Dawna,
and Stevie. Buddy was the first person I saw as soon as I entered the
Starbucks. My reaction? Holy Sh*t! Buddy looked like he was going to
some Hells Angels convention or something! LOL. I mean, I saw a black
leather jacket, black leather hat, blue jeans and a T-shirt. Oh - and
the pony tail :-) From that moment, I *knew* this was the Buddy that we
all knew and loved in the group. Exactly what I expected! Buddy and I
gave each other a hug and I didn't feel like I was meeting this guy for
the first time. He and Dawna looked perfect together, and seemed like
the happiest couple! Met Dawna afterwards - she seemed to be adjusting
to the NY atmosphere faster than I expected :) Dawna, you look great
and seemed content as I expected. I can tell that you and Buddy are
very happy with each other without you flaunting it. Oh - and I'm still
waiting for your book on "how to lose wait and keep it off". :-)

Also, Buddy had his cousin (a redhead, 'NSync-looking guy...LOL) with
his girl with him. You can see that Buddy and him really enjoy being
with each other since they seem to love "mouthing" each other off every
so often :-)

About an hour later, Rach and Kelly arrived, and of course, I had to sit
next to Rach to talk about everyone, aside from checking out the latest
hottie to stroll by next to us :-) Stevie arrived a few moments
later...he looked and acted pretty much what I had expected. Yup, he's
the classic stocky guy with the football jersey (you know, he sounds a
bit like Howard Cossell...I guess watching too much football must've
rubbed off on him...LOL), who also loves to keep up with what's hot in
the music world :) Stevie, do you plan on replacing Paul Grein in
Billboard sometime in the future? :-)

Well, after everyone finally met, we decided to head on down to downtown
Manhattan.

PART FOUR after a cig and dinner break :-)

-Naz

Naz Reyes

Dec 15, 2001, 9:28:16 PM12/15/01
Sorry Rach, I do have to work a bit while I'm work, you know? :-)

Anyhow, I just sent it, and I'm trying to make it much shorter because I
will end up writing a whole novel if I don't summarize it :)

-Naz

rach

Dec 15, 2001, 11:02:32 PM12/15/01
I know, I know... it's just that you're doing it so well... love the
comments, Will

--

rach

Naz Reyes <n...@american.edu> wrote in message

Naz Reyes

Dec 16, 2001, 12:16:22 AM12/16/01

Naz Reyes wrote:

PART FOUR: The Manhattan Tour

First stop...the Staten Island ferry, Statue of Liberty, Battery Park
(?). It was a beautiful day (at first), plus the long walk with Tom
towards Starbucks must've warmed me up quite a bit, despite of the four
hours or so sleep I got the night before. Also, the cup of Cafe Latte'
at Starbucks must've pumped up my heart a bit more, and I felt like my
heart was working overtime. I think that's why I kept saying that I was
constantly sweating, Rach! Remember? Or...is it just because it's my hot
nature working naturally? LOL! Whatcha think? :-) Anyhow...

We stroll down to the bay, got on the ferry and rode the ferry close to
the Statue of Liberty (we didn't get off the ferry, though), and I had a
chance to film the glorious scenery of Manhattan with my camcorder.
I've replayed the film over 10 times already and I kept saying to
myself, over and over again, that the Manhattan skyline just doesn't
look the same (for obvious reasons, of course). I'm just glad that I
was with these great bunch of people while filming the Manhattan skyline
, or I would've broken down into tears. Sigh. Oh, and the noise from
that "crazy preacher" on the ferry helped put a little smile on my face
a little, also! :-) I'm just glad that Buddy was able to control
himself while that guy yapped away to his heart's content! LOL.

Next up...hmmm...what was next? Uhh...someone help me out here :-) Did
we head on down for lunch at that pizza place after that? I think that
was the time when my body went on "momentary shutdown mode" so I've
forgotten a little. Anyway...the pizza place...not bad. The place had
what looked like just about EVERY type of pizza imaginable. I ended up
deciding on trying the "lasagna pizza" (don't ask) and it was actually
kinda good! Imagine a pizza and lasagna ON TOP of it! LOL :-) Well,
ok, not quite that "appetizing", but it's basically a pizza with lots of
ricotta cheese all over. Yummm :)

After lunch, I think that's when the it started drizzling, and the cold
wind started setting in. In a period of two hours, it seemed like it
went from a nice, spring day to a cold and damp winter day. Ugh. And
you don't have to tell me, Rach. You looked like you were ready to head
home and curl to a warm fireplace for a moment there. And poor
Stevie...he didn't even have a hat on! The only thing covering him up
was the moose on his hair, which I believe, ended up on his face after
being on the rain for hours! :-)

Next up...was it the Christmas tree of the cathedral/church (and what
was the name of that church)? Someone fill me in on this one...can't
really remember. All I remember in church was when we walked in, while
mass was going on, and I heard a middle-aged lady yell out at someone,
"you stupid f*ckin' prick!" Of course, I wasn't surprised at all about
what she said since I was in NYC...LOL...even if it's in the MIDDLE of
church! :-)

Next up...Strawberry Fields...wow...even though it was pouring outside
the visitors still had the spirit to sing songs in the middle of the
rain! And boy, did we sing our hearts out! Tom and I were singing
"Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band" on the top of our
lungs...LOL! But, after 2 more songs, I think that's when we head on
down to the the restaurant to get dinner...was it? Or was it AFTER?

PART FIVE: The rest of Saturday and Sunday...continuation tomorrow :)

-Naz

Jeff Troutman

Dec 16, 2001, 1:32:48 AM12/16/01
"Naz Reyes" <n...@american.edu> wrote:

> Anyhow, I just sent it, and I'm trying to make it much shorter because I
> will end up writing a whole novel if I don't summarize it :)

Too late. :)

You could just put the chapter number in the header. And you probably
don't need to quote the previous chapters everytime you post anew.
Otherwise, you're doing great! This is fun reading.

Jeff Troutman

recsec

Dec 16, 2001, 4:15:34 AM12/16/01

> PART FIVE: The rest of Saturday and Sunday...continuation tomorrow :)
>
> -Naz

Dammit!! I was thoroughly enjoying this to. Now I will have to wait till
early 30 Monday morn to read some more. Stupid clock. Ohhhh. Why don't you
tick faster??
Billy

LizzieZ

Dec 16, 2001, 9:49:38 AM12/16/01
Naz, this has been a blast to read!! I feel like I was almost there with you
guys...

Can't wait to read the next installment!

Liz

rach

Dec 16, 2001, 11:41:32 AM12/16/01

> After lunch, I think that's when the it started drizzling, and the cold
> wind started setting in. In a period of two hours, it seemed like it
> went from a nice, spring day to a cold and damp winter day. Ugh. And
> you don't have to tell me, Rach. You looked like you were ready to head
> home and curl to a warm fireplace for a moment there. And poor
> Stevie...he didn't even have a hat on! The only thing covering him up
> was the moose on his hair, which I believe, ended up on his face after
> being on the rain for hours! :-)

Hey, I was ok... all I needed was that nice dry off/warm up time at the WWF
in Times Square. PLUS I thought I had a cute little hat on and even though
one is miserable, one must look fairly stylish...

> Next up...was it the Christmas tree of the cathedral/church (and what
> was the name of that church)? Someone fill me in on this one...can't
> really remember. All I remember in church was when we walked in, while
> mass was going on, and I heard a middle-aged lady yell out at someone,
> "you stupid f*ckin' prick!" Of course, I wasn't surprised at all about
> what she said since I was in NYC...LOL...even if it's in the MIDDLE of
> church! :-)

The church was St Patricks Cathedral and *I* didn't hear anyone say that...
see what I miss when I don't walk with you, Naz?!

Stevie Nice

Dec 16, 2001, 12:30:52 PM12/16/01

Ho-wid Cossellll??? Do I really? <groan> I wanted a more subtle and smooove
Donnie Simpson thing but if it gets me by, so be it.

who also loves to keep up with what's hot in
>the music world :) Stevie, do you plan on replacing Paul Grein in
>Billboard sometime in the future? :-)

I think it's Fred Bronson that writes the columns now. Which is why I do
m own chart, so I have a good enough time analyzing that!

Naz, it was great getting a chance to meet you BTW. I'm just sorry I couldn't
have been more appreciative towards the exotic filipino delicacies that you
brought.

np Maria by TKA

>Well, after everyone finally met, we decided to head on down to downtown

>Manhattan.
>
>PART FOUR after a cig and dinner break :-)
>
>-Naz

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==-----

Stevie Nice

Dec 16, 2001, 12:40:42 PM12/16/01

Well you got the fortywhiners-dolfish game this afternoon Billy to kill off
a few hours.

Naz Reyes

Dec 16, 2001, 7:18:47 PM12/16/01
Alright, Jeff. Since this is the LAST chapter, I'll just put it here.
I'm having so many problems with posting and changing the subject here
since I just started using Netscape 6.2 about 1.5 weeks ago. I'm still
trying to feel my way through this.

Also, I missed a few things in the previous "chapters". I had
forgottenn to include the WWF store visit (sorry Rach!), and just being
in Times Square and stuff. Basically, before we reached the WWF store,
Kelly and Tom seemed to have "disappeared" out of thin air for about 20
minutes or so (Kelly mentioned something earlier about going into the
bathroom by a nearby hotel - don't ask, and don't worry, I won't mention
the OTHER stuff! LOL!!!)

CHAPTER FIVE: The rest of the Manhattan Tour

We stopped by at some "flea market" type store (3 buildings that looked
like it was divided into small shops connected to each other) and just
browsed around looking for Kelly and Tom, while Stevie and Rach was
outside "getting to know" each other...ahem :-) Buddy and Dawna went
inside the store looking for Kelly and Tom, while I browsed around the
store myself (yes Rach, I did this in purpose...LOL). Anyway...we
must've stayed in that area for 15 or so minutes until we decided to
head on down to the WWF store, right in the middle of Times Square.

What can say about Times Square...hmmm...man, oh, man, what a sight!
Neon lights all over buildings, people everywhere bumping on each other,
the noise from cars (not actually as noisy as I expected), the rain,
people, and more people everywhere!!! My senses have never been more
alive in all my years! Now, I can say I can somewhat feel what it's
like being in the middle of Times Square on New Years Eve! :-)

We *slowly* worked our way through the crowd on Times Square and worked
our way to the WWF store. Lo and behold, Tom and Kelly suddenly
appeared from nowhere! :-) We went ahead and entered the WWF store - I
thought Rach would have a nervous breakdown, but fortunately, she was
able to contain herself :) As we entered the store, I was actually
surprised that the store didn't look as extravagant as I expected.
Where's a life-size statue/figurine of the Rock, Rach??! Where are the
neon lights, the big-screen TV with Smackdown playing on the TV, etc,
etc? Didn't the store just left you limp, Rach? LOL :-) Anyway...

I believe that was when we headed on down to the see the Christmas Tree,
and Strawberry Fields, which I had already mentioned in my previous
chapters...

Next up, dinner time at hmmm...what was the name of that restaurant?!
Someone help me with the name of the place...hmmm...how about if we call
it the "Birthday restaurant" :-) I'm sure the gang will understand why
I came up with this name, since there were at least 2 birthdays (was it
three?) that happened in the 2 hours we were there! Anyhow...we finally
were able to sit down after running around in Manhattan for what seemed
like eternity (we must've been on our feet for at least 6 hours!). We
sat in a long table for 9 (?) and ordered our dinner. Buddy, Dawna,
Stevie, and Rach sat on one end, and Buddy's cousin, his girl, Kelly,
Tom, and I on the other end. I can't say I remember any conversations
going on on the other end of the table, since it was so hard to hear
anyone's voice, so, you'll have to fill me in on that one, Rach :-)
Anyway, after finishing our dinner, me and Kelly ended up doing a little
"dinner table karaoke" LOL. I have no idea how it started - I think we
were talking about our favorite bands/songs and I mentioned that I'm a
big Depeche Mode fan or something. Kelly started naming DM songs and
she started singing "Somebody" by Depeche Mode. Now I know where she
got her "gothic" image...LOL. Anyhow, we both started doing a duet of
the song - I'm still surprised she knew all the lyrics to it! Then
after we finished the song, Tom suggested a song by the Kinks, I think,
and he started singing "Lola". Trust me on this, Tom is NOT the
conservative, elitist professor we all think he is (right Kelly?).
WEll, at least not after that "Lola" song! :-) After Tom pulled off his
stunt (lol!) I decided to dedicate a song for Buddy - "Surfer Girl".
Then Kelly and Tom joined me in the song. I think we did a pretty good
job at it even though we didn't really finish it, don't you think Kelly/Tom?

After a series of going outside for a smoke, and standing in the rain,
and more conversations, we decided to head on out to the cold and damp
rain again...

CHAPTER SIX...final one...I think :-)

-Naz

antipos...@127.0.0.1

Dec 16, 2001, 8:27:35 PM12/16/01

Naz Reyes <n...@american.edu> wrote:
>Trust me on this, Tom is NOT the
>conservative, elitist professor we all think he is (right Kelly?).

A little anecdote here: I'm currently analyzing the data from my "intro to
soc" class. I give the students a survey questionnaire with 20 potential
norm violations (things like "burning the American flag, " "cheating the
IRS,"
"using hate speech," etc. Inevitably, the students rank "voluntarily engaging
in violent S&M" as a fairly serious violation - some would even have those
who engage in it fined and or jailed, even though, as the questionnaire points
out, it's voluntary. This then usually leads to some interesting discussion
with me, basically, turning into Michel Foucault, arguing (not always successfully)
that like beauty, disgust is often in the eye of the beholder, and what we
like to think of as "morality" is often not much more than a social construct.

Tom

-------------------------------
A flea's dream is to buy a dog
and the nobodies' dream is to escape
from destiny, from history
and the nobodies dream that
one day, suddenly, miraculously
fortune it will rain, fortune it will pour
but fortune doesn't rain
not yesterday, or tomorrow or today

--the Ex (Nobodies' Dream) 2001

Naz Reyes

Dec 16, 2001, 11:11:28 PM12/16/01
CHAPTER SIX - After dinner and the next day at Kelly's

After dinner at the "Birthday restaurant", we decided to call it a
night. Rach and Kelly decided to catch the cab back to Kelly's place,
and we said our goodbyes to them.

Fortunately, the subway station was just around the corner from the
restaurant, so the rest of the gang went ahead and took the train from
there.

Next day, Tom and I woke up earlier than usual (I was up by 8:30AM!) and
Tom gave me a little tour of his neighborhood. He showed me a few of
the Filipino stores/bakeries around the area, and since he's been
curious as to how some of these exotic baked goods tasted, we went ahead
and browsed around the bakery, and I explained to him what some of the
stuff were all about. We ended up getting a few goodies and Tom decided
to get some of these pastries and bring some to Kelly's place (it was
Tom's idea, Stevie, not mine!) LOL.

We took the subway, again, back from Jersey to Queen's (Kelly's place)
and met up with the gang. When we got there, Rach and Kelly must've
just gotten up that morning, since Rach was still wearing her Victoria's
Secret undies (well, ok, maybe they were pajamas...I don't know...LOL).
Rach, as promised, later cooked her french toast with sauteed pears -
even yummier than it sounds, folks! That was the first breakfast food
I've eaten in years, Rach :-) Also, Kelly had some pasta-like stuff,
which I've completely forgotten to taste...sorry Kelly :-(

Anyhow...not more than a few minutes later, the phone rings and Dixon
was on the phone calling us! :-) We did our usual rounds passing the
phone to everyone, and I finally was able to speak with Dixon. Like, I
said to you, Dixon, you sound like an upper-class Southern gentleman!
Yup, you heard it here first, folks...we're talking George Bush-like
accent, not too heavy on the accent, but just a plain, good
conversationalist! Dix, I'll say this...you need to go to NYC and kick
Matt Lauer's butt, and get rid of him! You could be Katie Couric's next
partner on Good Morning America :-)

A few moments later, David Ballarotto called. Another great
conversationalist! Sheeez...you guys need to quit your job and just
head on down to NYC! :-) Next one was Liz, I believe, or was it Molly?
Hmmm...can't remember now...sorry, I was still half-asleep :-)
Anyway, as I expected, I knew Liz would be such a pleasant person to
talk to, and she even surprised me. She's even better on the phone!
Like I said, on my other post, Liz, you could be another talk show host.
Maybe another Jenny Jones? LOL :) Next up...Molly...hey Molly, you
actually surprised me! I didn't expect your voice to even remotely
sound like you did on the phone! You sounded great, nonetheless, and my
image of you completely changed after being on the phone with ya. What
a pleasant surprise...I just hope that I could've been more talkative
since I was already getting a little tired of talking around the time
you called...maybe next time will be a bit better! :-) Next up was
Nanc...hmm...can't remember the sequence now...or was it Billy? Anyway,
Nanc sounded EXACTLY like I pictured her. Pleasant with a tinge of that
Boston accent...Nanc, I hope you weren't offended at what I mentioned to
you about you being able to "let loose" at certain times. Anyway, it
was wonderful talking to you! Next up...Billy...well, first off, Kelly
called Billy and woke him up...LOL. Anyhow, Billy sounded exactly what
I pictured him...well, ok, I didn't think that your voice would be sooo
DEEP :-) Loved the Southern accent, too, Billy...I thought I was having
real conversation with Billy the Kid :-) Next up...Rhonda (TD) Whew
Girl, what energy!!! LOL!!! Guys, TD *is* the party animal of the
group. Like I said to you before, I take back what I said to you awhile
back...you're definitely not the "domestic, homey type"! And I mean
that in a positive way, TD! Wow...I'd love to have a few beers with ya!
LOL :-) After TD called (or was it DURING TD's call?) Buddy and Dawna
finally walked in door...I must've been on the phone since I couldn't
exactly remember when they actually walked in...I couldn't even remember
when Stevie actually showed up...hmmm... Next up was Jeff...well, I
don't know if you guys know this already, but Jeff lives only 2 miles
away from me so I'll leave the comments about Jeff for someone else to
critique :-) I've met Jeff twice before so I consider him a good
friend, and a great person, in general...matter of fact, we decided on
meeting that Tuesday so I could tell him all about the NYC meeting. We
did...he knows all about it now :)

I believe that was it as far as phone calls are concerned...or did I
miss someone? I'm sure everyone in Kelly's place have a different
opinion about everyone who called, but in general, I think you guys were
all great!

About an hour later, (around 3PM?) Rach was ready to go...what a sad
moment for me. I felt like someone just yanked my heart out...I
couldn't believe that this wonderful person would be leaving so
soon...sigh. Rach, that really hit me as soon as I gave you a hug
before you left and went out the door...sigh. I do know one thing,
though. I know you'll always have a friend for life here. Seriously.
Now, how do we get rid of James? :-)

Anyhooo...things pretty much went downhill for me from there. As much
as I enjoyed everyone's company, especially Buddy's one liners and
stories, I just couldn't concentrate. With Rach leaving and all, it
just wasn't the same for me. At any rate, I did enjoy the time when Tom
was reading that book about "dares", and "which one would you rather do,
but only get to pick one or the other". But the highlight of that
moment was when Buddy was telling the story about his first "acid trip"
in Central Park and all. (You missed this one, Rach!) I think I'll leave
that story for Buddy to tell sometime (your delivery was impeccable!) :-)

That pretty much sums it up. Buddy, Dawna, Tom, and I finally said our
final goodbyes to Kelly (you almost got me all emotional there for
moment, Kel - I didn't know you had it in ya!) and it was another sad
moment saying goodbye to Kelly...man, I felt like I've known you much
longer!

We head on down to the subway, said our final goodbyes to Buddy and
Dawna (by that time I was already jaded). Sorry if I was a little tired
looking, Buddy - I was! I can't even remember when Stevie left! Sorry
Stevie :-(

Tom and I headed on down the Amtrak Station at Penn Station, and said my
last goodbye to Tom. Again, I was emotionally drained by that time that
I was just not thinking right anymore. Tom, thanks for being there the
last minute - I really needed that! And, again, thanks for letting me
crash at your place. You're a great host! :)

I'll never forget you guys!!! And, again, thanks for everything! :)

End of story...sigh....

-Naz

rach

Dec 16, 2001, 11:27:12 PM12/16/01

When we got there, Rach and Kelly must've
> just gotten up that morning, since Rach was still wearing her Victoria's
> Secret undies (well, ok, maybe they were pajamas...I don't know...LOL).
> Rach, as promised, later cooked her french toast with sauteed pears -
> even yummier than it sounds, folks! That was the first breakfast food
> I've eaten in years, Rach :-) Also, Kelly had some pasta-like stuff,
> which I've completely forgotten to taste...sorry Kelly :-(

Glad you liked the French Toast and sauteed pears Naz... and it wasn't
Victoria's secret... they were Old Navy pj bottoms and Nigel's old Gap V
neck... oh and the topper... a American Outfitters bandanna... I just wanted
a casual look to our brunch....but you will notice that my make up was on...
no need to scare anyone.

> About an hour later, (around 3PM?) Rach was ready to go...what a sad
> moment for me. I felt like someone just yanked my heart out...I
> couldn't believe that this wonderful person would be leaving so
> soon...sigh. Rach, that really hit me as soon as I gave you a hug
> before you left and went out the door...sigh. I do know one thing,
> though. I know you'll always have a friend for life here. Seriously.
> Now, how do we get rid of James? :-)

Now Naz... that is likely the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I
felt the same about you... in fact that morning, I was so excited you were
coming over... just ask Kelly. As far as my James goes, he is my heart and
my brother *but* you on the other hand are my gay husband... how much better
can ya get? :)

> Anyhooo...things pretty much went downhill for me from there. As much
> as I enjoyed everyone's company, especially Buddy's one liners and
> stories, I just couldn't concentrate. With Rach leaving and all, it
> just wasn't the same for me. At any rate, I did enjoy the time when Tom
> was reading that book about "dares", and "which one would you rather do,
> but only get to pick one or the other". But the highlight of that
> moment was when Buddy was telling the story about his first "acid trip"
> in Central Park and all. (You missed this one, Rach!) I think I'll leave
> that story for Buddy to tell sometime (your delivery was impeccable!) :-)

I am indeed sorry I missed that story! I am always one for a good dare and
God knows I told the truth when we did that whole "when did you lose your
virginity" thing. (I am still blushing that I shocked not only Buddy but
Stevie to boot)

This was a hilarious version of the weekend Naz... and one that kept
*everyone* waiting for the next installment.

Plus... you just *know* I have to hang out with *you* again! Come on now,
how does Grace survive without her Will?

rach

recsec

Dec 17, 2001, 5:57:55 AM12/17/01

> End of story...sigh....
>
> -Naz

WOW Naz!!! That was a good recollection of the trip!! I really enjoyed
reading it. I could picture everything you wrote about. Very Good indeed!!
Billy

recsec

Dec 17, 2001, 6:07:25 AM12/17/01

"Stevie Nice" <stevi...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Well you got the fortywhiners-dolfish game this afternoon Billy to kill
off
> a few hours.

Well on the digital here we got the cowgirls game. And boy did they play
like a bunch of little girls today!!! O well to hell with 'em. I had to work
in the office on Sunday & was able to watch the NINERS whup that ass!!! We
got satellite up there. Terrell sure hurt me in my fantasy league tho. 43
yards receiving. Man I tell you what now. You see what happened in
Cleveland?? Damn near had 'em a riot. And how bout them Bears huh!?!? Making
the playoffs for the 1st time since when 94 was it?? Good for them!! As for
the MNF game GO RAMS!!! I've got Warner & Ernie Conwell on my team ya know.
Plus they are just fun to watch. Never was much of a Saints fan. I tried to
be one after the oilers left town but I just couldn't. I do like Rickey tho.
Billy

Nanc

Dec 17, 2001, 12:33:12 PM12/17/01
Naz this thread was awesome!!!!! It was great to talk with you and no, you
didn't offend me at all :-) Thanks for all the details....sounds like you
have lots of laughs ;-) Now lets prepare for spring in Boston!!!!!!!!!
Nanc

Stevie Nice

Dec 17, 2001, 1:37:33 PM12/17/01

"recsec" <rec...@flash.net> wrote:

>"Stevie Nice" <stevi...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Well you got the fortywhiners-dolfish game this afternoon Billy to kill
>off
>> a few hours.
>

>Well on the digital here we got the cowgirls game. And boy did they play
>like a bunch of little girls today!!!

Geez, they got pasted yesterday. Friend of mine at the bar had a bet with
a cowboy fan where loser would burn their jersey. unfortunately the cowgirl
fan never showed up (what a surprise.) I was looking forward to seeing a
Nate Newton go up in smoke. wuss

O well to hell with 'em. I had to work
>in the office on Sunday & was able to watch the NINERS whup that ass!!!
We
>got satellite up there. Terrell sure hurt me in my fantasy league tho. 43
>yards receiving.

Yeah, it helped the Raiders out, but we really needed the Ravens to beat
Pitt. and it's bad enuff I had to root for the Ravens to win a game and of
course they didn't. I guess Pitt is for real. I would hate to have to play
them in January in the freezing cold; that's not a good thing for the Silver
and Black.

Man I tell you what now. You see what happened in
>Cleveland?? Damn near had 'em a riot.

What was funny about this was the refs got pelted 2x, because they ended
up leaving the field, then coming back to play the last 48 ticks of the
game.

And how bout them Bears huh!?!? Making
>the playoffs for the 1st time since when 94 was it?? Good for them!!

And their coaches job is STILL in jeopardy.

As for
>the MNF game GO RAMS!!! I've got Warner & Ernie Conwell on my team ya know.
>Plus they are just fun to watch. Never was much of a Saints fan. I tried
>be one after the oilers left town but I just couldn't. I do like Rickey
tho.
>Billy

I like watching the Rams too. they are lots of fun. That play when Warner
walked away from the center like he was about to call a TO and Faulk took
the snap was too cool!!

recsec

Dec 17, 2001, 1:51:13 PM12/17/01

> Geez, they got pasted yesterday. Friend of mine at the bar had a bet with
> a cowboy fan where loser would burn their jersey. unfortunately the
cowgirl
> fan never showed up (what a surprise.) I was looking forward to seeing a
> Nate Newton go up in smoke. wuss

To say the least about him. Dallas is FULL of lawyers so he probably has one
trying to get him out of the bet.

> Yeah, it helped the Raiders out, but we really needed the Ravens to beat
> Pitt. and it's bad enuff I had to root for the Ravens to win a game and of
> course they didn't. I guess Pitt is for real. I would hate to have to play
> them in January in the freezing cold; that's not a good thing for the
Silver
> and Black.

Yeah I know ALL about playing the Steelers in Jan. now. The Oilers had some
memorable (& not so memorable) games there in that month back in 79 & 80.
Billy

antipos...@127.0.0.1

Dec 17, 2001, 11:25:25 PM12/17/01

Naz Reyes <n...@american.edu> wrote:
>Tom and I headed on down the Amtrak Station at Penn Station, and said my

>last goodbye to Tom. Again, I was emotionally drained by that time that

>I was just not thinking right anymore. Tom, thanks for being there the

>last minute - I really needed that! And, again, thanks for letting me
>crash at your place. You're a great host! :)

Naz, this is a really nice account of the weekend. You've captured it well.
It was great having you, and I enjoyed having you stay with me and getting
to show you a bit of my world.

Tom

-------------------------------
A flea's dream is to buy a dog
and the nobodies' dream is to escape
from destiny, from history
and the nobodies dream that
one day, suddenly, miraculously
fortune it will rain, fortune it will pour
but fortune doesn't rain
not yesterday, or tomorrow or today

--the Ex (Nobodies' Dream) 2001

Sunshine State

Dec 18, 2001, 1:58:05 AM12/18/01
Thanks for taking the time to write all this, Naz. NYC sure is the greatest
city
in the world and I'm glad so many of you got to experience it.

The Wanderer

Dec 18, 2001, 7:26:59 AM12/18/01
And do you recall whom we put in charge of cataloging all these posts and
reports and travelogues, Tom? Are you working your fingers to the bone yet?
There has to be a way to link all of these posts . . . TD?

~~Dawna . . . self-elected ForePerson

Naz Reyes

Dec 19, 2001, 4:56:12 PM12/19/01

rach wrote:

>>Next up...was it the Christmas tree of the cathedral/church (and what
>>was the name of that church)? Someone fill me in on this one...can't
>>really remember. All I remember in church was when we walked in, while
>>mass was going on, and I heard a middle-aged lady yell out at someone,
>>"you stupid f*ckin' prick!" Of course, I wasn't surprised at all about
>>what she said since I was in NYC...LOL...even if it's in the MIDDLE of
>>church! :-)
>>

> The church was St Patricks Cathedral and *I* didn't hear anyone say that...
> see what I miss when I don't walk with you, Naz?!

Rach, you and Stevie got "lost" before we reached the church, remember?
:-) Anyway, I heard the lady say that by the entrance of the church,
and you sure weren't there when we entered it :-)

-Naz

Naz Reyes

Dec 19, 2001, 5:12:22 PM12/19/01

Stevie Nice wrote:

Stevie arrived a few moments
>>later...he looked and acted pretty much what I had expected. Yup, he's
>>the classic stocky guy with the football jersey (you know, he sounds a
>>bit like Howard Cossell...I guess watching too much football must've
>>rubbed off on him...LOL),
>>

> Ho-wid Cossellll??? Do I really? <groan> I wanted a more subtle and smooove
> Donnie Simpson thing but if it gets me by, so be it.

Sorry Stevie, you're gonna have to do a little more practice on the
Donnie Simpson's thing...LOL. By the way, did you know that Donnie
Simpson started in WKYS in DC? Oh...and so did Howard Stern! Howard
used to be the morning DJ in DC (DC101, album rock) back in the late
70s/early 80s. My friends and I used to get high before school, while
listening to Howard! LOL :-)

> who also loves to keep up with what's hot in
>
>>the music world :) Stevie, do you plan on replacing Paul Grein in
>>Billboard sometime in the future? :-)
>>

> I think it's Fred Bronson that writes the columns now. Which is why I do
> m own chart, so I have a good enough time analyzing that!

Really...hmmm...that goes to show that I haven't read Billboard in
awhile. I've only been checking the charts online lately, and I only
buy Billboard when the yearbook comes...speaking of, is it out already?
I haven't seen it on the shelves. Btw, your chart looks pretty
interesting - it's definitely more hip than the average chart out there!
Love getting it every week, Stevie. Keep up the good work! :-)

> Naz, it was great getting a chance to meet you BTW. I'm just sorry I couldn't
> have been more appreciative towards the exotic filipino delicacies that you
> brought.

Like I said, Stevie, I didn't expect people to like the Filipino
pastries. It takes awhile to get used to exotic foods, anyhow, and you
have to develop a taste for 'em overtime. So, no problems there :)

Also, it was great getting to know ya, too! I've never met anyone that
could analyze the "Hot 100" chart as well as you do, so we definitely
have something in common there :)

-Naz

rach

Dec 19, 2001, 5:32:40 PM12/19/01

-

az Reyes <n...@american.edu> wrote in message

Naz my darling, we were not lost, I wanted to see the windows at Saks PLUS
you ditched me.

rach