your fave 70s shoes...

rach

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
I know there is a nice spread of us in here to remember everything from
adult shoes of the 70s to us 'gen Xers' that remember kid shoes of the 70s.
My favourite shoes were a tie between my blue and white saddle shoes (hey, I
was 2) and this absolutely GORGEOUS pair of red shoes my dad bought for me
at Kmart. They cost $1.25 because they were such a piece of shit crap shoe,
but I thought they were real princess shoes. They were red patent 'leather'
with two wide straps and a stacked little heel. The best part was I asked
him if I could wear them right away and he pulled them apart (you know the
plastic string that holds together those kinds of shoes) and I slipped them
on. I can still hear them making that 'grown up clicking noise' on the tile
floor of the Kmart. I walked out of the store, holding my daddy's hand with
those shoes as a 4 year old kid that had the world on a string. When I got
home, I wouldn't take them off... I went over to show all the neighbours how
they made the sound and at bed time, there was a bitter fight with my mother
as to whether or not I would remove the shoes for bed... she won. Many years
later, those shoes still hold a very very special place in my heart.

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all

Jamie

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
For our resident BTO fan (you know who you are!!) Randy Bachman is going to be
on one of our local radio morning shows! Monday morning, 8:00 a.m. If you want
to listen to it, the station is online http://www.chumfm.com

Semi OT - Tal Bachman's has had 2 hits so far here, She's So High and If You
Sleep. You might need to cut & paste, sorry.

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=476473575/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=BACHMAN*TAL/itemid=650587

If you add some facial hair and add <quite> a few pounds, there is a family
resemblance, dontcha think?

Jamie

Bill McKenzie

Nov 15, 2000, 7:28:11 PM11/15/00
Believe it or not when I was 11 I had Platform Saddle Shoes! Ugh...I though they
were sooooo cool and now when I look at my class picture for that year I
think...what the heck was going through my head??!!
Nancy

The Wanderer

Nov 15, 2000, 11:19:27 PM11/15/00
Wow Rach, what a GREAT father , daughter story. I hope my daughter has a
couple of those.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

"The feeling is strong, it overpowers my thoughts
I am not aware of the reality that my blood knows only too well
My mind is hostile for the wrong reasons
I am only 'son' and 'man', and the need to be 'brother' is tremendous
"rach" <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dixon Hayes

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish they would
come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a shoe...

Dixon
=============
"I ain't got time to stand around and discuss trivial trivialities..."
--Barney Fife

Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

ALS 62

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
<< The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish they
would
come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a shoe...

Dixon
=============
"I ain't got time to stand around and discuss trivial trivialities..."
--Barney Fife >>

Wow, I never had the pleasure of wearing those shoes back in the 70's. Now I'm
strangely intrigued.

Anne
8/62
Class of 1980

rache...@my-deja.com

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
Oh dear God... help me reisist the tempation to comment on this...Oh
Dixon, you *have* to stop

dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes) wrote:
> The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish
they would
> come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a
shoe...

> Dixon
> =============
> "I ain't got time to stand around and discuss trivial trivialities..."
> --Barney Fife
>

> Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
> http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Kaguya

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00

> << The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish
they
> would
> come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a
shoe...

> Dixon
> =============
> "I ain't got time to stand around and discuss trivial trivialities..."
> --Barney Fife >>
>
> Wow, I never had the pleasure of wearing those shoes back in the 70's.
Now I'm
> strangely intrigued.
Except, they were ugly, ugly, ugly! Not much change there.

Sandy

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
>For our resident BTO fan (you know who you are!!) Randy Bachman is going to
>be
>on one of our local radio morning shows! Monday morning, 8:00 a.m. If you
>want
>to listen to it, the station is online http://www.chumfm.com

Thanks Jamie!!! If I get the chance (8:00 is a bad time..got to get "the kid"
(heehee) ready for school, but I'll try) I will definately try to tune in. Any
other BTO updates, just throw them this way! : )

>Semi OT - Tal Bachman's has had 2 hits so far here, She's So High and If You
>Sleep. You might need to cut & paste, sorry.
>

>http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=476473575/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/
album.html/artistid=BACHMAN*TAL/itemid=650587

>If you add some facial hair and add <quite> a few pounds, there is a family
>resemblance, dontcha think?

Yes, there definately is! I have the cutest picture of him and his dad in my
book when Tal was about 2. He was sitting in a recording studio with these
headphones on listening intently to what was on them. If I ever get a scanner,
I'll show you. Thank you Jamie! : )

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

Jamie

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
Dixon Hayes wrote:

> The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish they would
> come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a shoe...

All your little toes had a little orgy in there, Dixon?! ;)

I remember my grade 7 supply teacher had those shoes... he was so cool. He kinda
looked like John Denver in earth shoes (Coolness certainly made up for his lack of
teaching ability).

Jamie

Jamie

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
Sandy wrote:

> Thanks Jamie!!! If I get the chance (8:00 is a bad time..got to get "the kid"
> (heehee) ready for school, but I'll try) I will definately try to tune in. Any
> other BTO updates, just throw them this way! : )

I will certainly share any BTO updates and just turn up your computer speakers REAL
loud on Monday. :)))

Jamie

ALS 62

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
<< I remember my grade 7 supply teacher had those shoes... he was so cool. He
kinda looked like John Denver in earth shoes (Coolness certainly made up for
his lack of teaching ability).

Jamie >>

Man, just the fact that he looked like John Denver would have kept me from
paying attention in class........I would have been day dreaming all day about
someone that cute!

Naz Reyes

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00
In article <20001116130503...@ng-cl1.aol.com>,

dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes) wrote:
> The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish
they would
> come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a
shoe...

> Dixon

Hmm...sex in a shoe? LOL!

Anyhow, I don't see why earth shoes can't come back into style once more
because, to me, they didn't look all that strange. They looked pretty
conservative and boring looking, if anything.

I knew people who were wearing earth shoes until sometime in the EARLY
NINETIES!!! :)

-Naz

charles hobbs

Nov 17, 2000, 12:05:17 AM11/17/00

Naz Reyes wrote:

> I knew people who were wearing earth shoes until sometime in the EARLY
> NINETIES!!! :)

The last I heard about them was in late 1985, when someone was wearing
them to play soccer in (instead of cleats for some orthopedic reason or
another)

a_nate...@my-deja.com

Nov 17, 2000, 12:40:58 AM11/17/00
CLOGS! I still were them with my surgical scrubs.

WH-AY comfy!

The Wanderer

Nov 17, 2000, 2:11:42 AM11/17/00
Wait a minute Dix, you mean you take off your shoes to have sex? :)

"Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message

> The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish they
would
> come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a
shoe...

> Dixon

> =============
> "I ain't got time to stand around and discuss trivial trivialities..."
> --Barney Fife

The Wanderer

Nov 17, 2000, 2:11:44 AM11/17/00
I know that in the hospital many of the nurses wear Birkenstock's and they
look exactly like Earth Shoes. I would wear Earth Shoes today. And NOBODY
better say shit about them!

"Naz Reyes" <n...@american.edu> wrote in message

> In article <20001116130503...@ng-cl1.aol.com>,
> dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes) wrote:

> > The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish
> they would
> > come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a
> shoe...
> >
> > Dixon
>

> Hmm...sex in a shoe? LOL!
>
> Anyhow, I don't see why earth shoes can't come back into style once more
> because, to me, they didn't look all that strange. They looked pretty
> conservative and boring looking, if anything.
>

> I knew people who were wearing earth shoes until sometime in the EARLY
> NINETIES!!! :)
>

> -Naz

The Wanderer

Dixon Hayes

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
So what are you saying, Rach...you want to go try on some shoes? ;-)

Dixon

Rachel wrote:

>Oh dear God... help me reisist the tempation to comment on this...Oh
>Dixon, you *have* to stop
>

> dixon...@aol.comspamless (Dixon Hayes) wrote:
>> The best shoes I ever wore in my life were Earth shoes. I sure wish
>they would
>> come back into style. They were so comfortable, it was like sex in a
>shoe...

=============

rache...@my-deja.com

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Well sure Dixon...I take size 8 1/2 - 9 ... I`ll bring the shoe horn..
lol

Dixon Hayes

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Buddy wrote:

>I know that in the hospital many of the nurses wear Birkenstock's and they
>look exactly like Earth Shoes. I would wear Earth Shoes today. And NOBODY
>better say shit about them!

Not even "Hey Buddy, nice shoes?"

Dixon

Dixon Hayes

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Buddy wrote:

>Wait a minute Dix, you mean you take off your shoes to have sex? :)

Sadly, I can't seem to remember that far back... :-(

Sandy

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
>I will certainly share any BTO updates and just turn up your computer
>speakers REAL
>loud on Monday. :)))

hmmm...I could try that!

Sandy

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Ignoring where this thread went!...lol!!...heres another vote for Earth Shoes.
They were ugly I guess, but comfortable. I used to love also, Dr. Scholls
sandals. Every summer I would have to break a new pair in. By the END of the
summer the bottom would be worn clear away, and MAN they were dangerous! I
have a picture of me circa 1979 holding my cat at the top of the back porch
stairs. Right after that picture was taken, I fell right down them. And that
wasn't the only time I did! Gee...come to think of it...maybe I DON'T like
them!!

The Wanderer

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
OK. And you, being the cool dude you are, could probably take a shot or two
if you had to.

> Buddy wrote:
>
> >I know that in the hospital many of the nurses wear Birkenstock's and
they
> >look exactly like Earth Shoes. I would wear Earth Shoes today. And NOBODY
> >better say shit about them!
>

> Not even "Hey Buddy, nice shoes?"

The Wanderer

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
I know. I was just asking so that I could have a plan of action if ever the
opportunity would present itself.

> Buddy wrote:
>
> >Wait a minute Dix, you mean you take off your shoes to have sex? :)
>

> Sadly, I can't seem to remember that far back... :-(

a_nate...@my-deja.com

Nov 18, 2000, 12:13:56 AM11/18/00
In article <RS4R5.2826$522.2...@bgtnsc07-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> EVERYBODY wears those rubber clogs with their scrubs Nate.

Yeah! But only mine are funky colored.

The Wanderer

Naz Reyes

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
In article <OS4R5.2824$522.2...@bgtnsc07-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Wait a minute Dix, you mean you take off your shoes to have sex? :)
>
> --
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn

I was thinking of making a snide comment about this but...uhh...I think
I'll save it for next time :)

-Naz

Naz Reyes

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
In article <6fAR5.3061$BL.2...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I know that you HAVE to have the funkiest clogs in the O.R. as you
moonwalk
> in from scrub.
>
> --
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn

You know, I can almost see Nate do that with his funky, afro wig :)

-Naz

Jeff Troutman

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
"The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> "Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message

> > Buddy wrote:
> >
> > >Wait a minute Dix, you mean you take off your shoes to have sex? :)
> >
> > Sadly, I can't seem to remember that far back... :-(
>
> I know. I was just asking so that I could have a plan of action if ever
the
> opportunity would present itself.

Well, if you ever get the opportunity to have sex with Dixon, let us know
about the shoes. :)

Jeff Troutman

The Wanderer

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
Jeff, I think you are a bit confused.

"Jeff Troutman" <yourhe...@starpower.net> wrote in message

> "The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

The Wanderer

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
Oh go ahead Naz. What's a cheap shot or two amongst friends?

> In article <OS4R5.2824$522.2...@bgtnsc07-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

> "The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> > Wait a minute Dix, you mean you take off your shoes to have sex? :)
> >
> > --
> > Buddy
> > from Brooklyn
>

> I was thinking of making a snide comment about this but...uhh...I think

> I'll save it for next time :)

The Wanderer

Nov 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/18/00
And his bell bottomed scrubs.

> In article <6fAR5.3061$BL.2...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

> "The Wanderer" <rosieon...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> > I know that you HAVE to have the funkiest clogs in the O.R. as you
> moonwalk
> > in from scrub.
> >
> > --
> > Buddy
> > from Brooklyn
>
> You know, I can almost see Nate do that with his funky, afro wig :)
>
> -Naz

doug holverson

Nov 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/19/00
Texas work boots.