How about another boring survey?

Oil Impressionist

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Favorite western TV series?

What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?
Now?

Godzilla - old or new?

What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

Jaws or King Kong?

Queen or ELO?

Action movies or comedy?

Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

John Denver or Barry Manilow?

What was more popular in your neighborhood:
Football
Marbles
Hopscotch
Baseball
Water sports
Bicycling
Board games
Winter sports
Roller skating
Other

DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

recsec

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

"Oil Impressionist" <oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
>Ooh that's tuff. I don't know how I would get along w/o the hawg report,
but I just hafta go with TED BAXTER. As I wrote that I said his name
like he would.

> When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
> was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

> LOL!!! First I cuss then I look.

> Favorite western TV series?
> Ban-da-dan-da- da-dan-dannn- Bonanza

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?
> Now?

> Peanut Butter & Jelly. Peter Pan with jelly right out of the Bama
crystal.

> Godzilla - old or new?

> Godzira. The old ways are the best.

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

> Funny you should ask cuz I jest finished me a big ol bowl of it. Now I
like to put in wheat germ & strawberry jelly (none of that jam for me)
but back then it was milk, butter, & sugar.

> Jaws or King Kong?
> Jaws is the better movie but the shark doesn't look as good as Jessica
Lange being offered up as a sacrifice.

> Queen or ELO?
> UHH boring my foot. This is hard. Gotta be Queen tho. Who, I ask, can
resist 'We Will Rock You' when the Rockets are dustin' off tha Knicks??

> Action movies or comedy?
> I just watched for the first time 'There's Something About Mary' on the
digital cable & laffed my ass off. I luv them comedies. But give me Action
Action Action anytime.

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

> O the lolli's of course. The lolli's!?!? There's a word that just oozes
machismo.

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

> Almost Heaven, West Virginia, blue ridge mountains, Shenen-do-ah River.

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:

> Football - Me & one other kid were the 2 biggest in the neighborhood. We
weren't allowed on the same team.
> Marbles
> Hopscotch
> Baseball - Didn't really have that good a place to play but we did
allright.
> Water sports
> Bicycling - A necessity.
> Board games
> Winter sports - What it winter?? Is that when the temperature drops to
75??
> Roller skating
> Other - Football was/is number one with baseball being #2.
>
> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
> Put them Ding Dongs in the freezer for a day or 2. Man that's good eatin'.

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

> Breathe Deep. The Moody's even tho I have never seen then live.

> HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!
> What High School did you graduate from?? Me Ebbert L. Furr Jr.-Sr. High
School. In fact my 20 year reunion is in early Sept. but I'm not sure if
I'm goin' or not.
> What was your first REAL job?? Mine was working as a sacker for Gerland's
Food Fair. I eventually move up to the bottle room. I made $2.65
an hour.
> recsec

WiNK

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

> > Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
Les Nessman....Nessman......just love his goofiness.

> > When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
> > was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

I laugh hysterically and look sheepish.

> > Favorite western TV series?
Don't have one.......was never a big western fan. Except for spaghetti
westerns with Clint Eastwood.

> > What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s? Peanut butter, mayonnaise
and pickle on Toast.
> > Now?
Now??? Probably a nice reuben on dark rye.

> > Godzilla - old or new?

Old......and throw in Rodan for good measure.

> > What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

I don't think I was crazy about oatmeal, but if I ate it....mixed with
cinnamon, sugar and maybe applesauce or bananas.

> > Jaws or King Kong?
Jaws

> > Queen or ELO?
I would say Queen....my 5 year old daughter loves ELO,
though......especially "Do Ya" and "Telephone Line." :-)

> > Action movies or comedy?
Comedy....although a suspenseful action movie is great, too.

> > Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Neither.....hate that brown crap. Give me a "Blow Pop." (Another one that
is fun to say....)

> > John Denver or Barry Manilow?

Definitely John Denver....

> > What was more popular in your neighborhood:
> > Football - > >

>>Marbles
> > Hopscotch
> > Baseball - At times, depending.....but usually someone got hurt!!!!
>>Water sports
> > Bicycling -
> > Board games--Occasional games of Battling Tops
> > Winter sports -
> > Roller skating
**Other - I'm going to have to say Other....things like Kickball, Ditch
'Em...these were things we played normally

> > DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH DING DONGS...now I'll have to go buy some!!!!

> > Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Someone wake me up here......neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> > HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!
> > What High School did you graduate from?? Windsor High School.......the
Wizards.

> > What was your first REAL job?? A receptionist for the local radio
station (while my boyfriend was DJ.-- Talk about being JEALOUS--ooooh!!!)

Nadine

Senator Zoidberg

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

Oil Impressionist wrote:

> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Oh, come on. Ted Baxter.

> When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
> was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Look back. It might be a picture of some cute naked chick.

> Favorite western TV series?

Branded.

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Fried bologney. And yes, that's how you should spell it.
> Now?

A big ol' fluffernutter.

> Godzilla - old or new?

Yes.

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

We were forced to eat Maypo.

> Jaws or King Kong?

Jaws. There was no blood in King Kong.

> Queen or ELO?

NRBQ.

> Action movies or comedy?

Action. Unless you can find me a comedy that has lots of car crashes and
explosions (Midnight Run, maybe?).

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

We weren't allowed either.

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

I grew up a few miles from where the Carpenters lived. It's kind of a
guilty pleasure.

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:
> Football

> Marbles
> Hopscotch
> Baseball
> Water sports
> Bicycling
> Board games
> Winter sports
> Roller skating
> Other

Street hockey, ice hockey, air hockey.

> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Funnybones!

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

"Lets get high and stare at the fire, man!"

> HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

Ronnie Van Zant or Billy Gibbons?

Pop-o-matic Trouble or Ker Plunk?

Battling Tops or Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots?

Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Heroes?

Gigantor or Clutch Cargo (whew, we're dusting off the cradle here).

merl...@my-deja.com

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
Ted. Remind me: "Less Nessman"?

When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
> was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Look to see who's looking, then look back. And swear short and sweet.

Favorite western TV series?
Bonanza

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Roast Beef and mustard

> Now?
Vegetarian Roast Beef and mustard

> Godzilla - old or new?

Never, no way, nooo.

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

Porridge? Sugar.

> Jaws or King Kong?
Jaws. That music. That cast.

> Queen or ELO?
Toughie. ELO

> Action movies or comedy?
Comedy

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Not in England. Smarties? Fruit Pastels?

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

Barry

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:

Marbles

> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
See answer to Tootie Roll above.

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

The Moodies! My local group.

> HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

Who best?
Bionic Woman - Wonder Woman?
Kojak - Ironside
Bee Gees - Jacksons
Diana Ross - Donna Summer

WLFan00

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
Less Nessman or Ted Baxter? LES NESSMAN

When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it

was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference? I CHECK TO SEE
WHAT IT WAS

Favorite western TV series? BONANZA

What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Now?
1970s - PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY
Now - CHICKEN SALAD

Godzilla - old or new? OLD

What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid? OATMEAL, YUCK I
WAS A CREAM OF WHEAT KID

Jaws or King Kong? JAWS

Queen or ELO? OH IT'S HARD TO DECIDE I LIKE BOTH OF THEM, BUT IF I HAD TO
CHOOSE ONLY ONE I'D PICK QUEEN

Action movies or comedy? COMEDY

Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops? TOOTSIE POP DROPS

John Denver or Barry Manilow? JOHN DENVER

What was more popular in your neighborhood:

Football
Hopscotch
Baseball
Bicycling
Roller skating
Other

DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes? HOSTESS CUPCAKES

Moody Blues or Alan Parsons? MOODY BLUES

HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!! I got a couple questions:

The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon: THE WALL

Which of the Hudson Brothers did you have a crush on?
Mark
Bill
Brett

Olivia Newton-John or Helen Reddy? ONJ

Molly
E-mail me at: mfan...@yahoo.com
AIM Name: MFanton00
eVoice #: 88321880

Tim

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
Oil Impressionist wrote:

> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Less Nessman

> When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
> was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Look back

> Favorite western TV series?

Lone Ranger reruns

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?
> Now?

peanut butter and jelly

> Godzilla - old or new?

Old

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

Beer...just kidding. A little milk to cool it down, brown sugar (before
the instant stuff came out).

> Jaws or King Kong?

King Kong

> Queen or ELO?

Queen

> Action movies or comedy?

Toss up...The action movies with comedy are tops!

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Double Bubble! Never cared for suckers

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

ACK!!!!

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:
> Football

> Marbles
> Hopscotch
> Baseball
> Water sports
> Bicycling
> Board games
> Winter sports
> Roller skating
> Other

I lived in the country...no neighborhood. When alone, I rode my bike,
played in the dirt, etc. When friends came we played baseball and
football.

> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Twinkies

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Just a few songs from each. I'll give the nod to Alan Parsons because
he engineered Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

Tim

merl...@my-deja.com

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
Q: Olivia Newton-John or Lyndsay Wagner?

A: Olivia Newton John

Princess_GreenBean

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Less Nessman

> When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
> was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

I always check

> Favorite western TV series?

I never liked westerns. My mother always watched Gunsmoke, Bonanza and I
hated them both.

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Peanut butter and jelly

> Now?

Grilled Feta cheese

> Godzilla - old or new?

Neither

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

I hated oatmeal!!!! Never ate the stuff. Liked cold cereal better.

> Jaws or King Kong?

Neither

> Queen or ELO?

That's easy....ELO... still my favorite group of the 1970's!!

> Action movies or comedy?

Comedy

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Neither or both

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

UGH....neither

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:

> Football
> Marbles
> Hopscotch
> Baseball
> Water sports
> Bicycling
> Board games
> Winter sports
> Roller skating
> Other

Not sure

> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Hostess Cupcakes

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Moody Blues

Dixon Hayes

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
***Tough call, but I would probably go with Les. His dramatic on-the-scene
coverage of the turkey incident was legendary...

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

***I check to see what it was.

>Favorite western TV series?
***Maverick

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

***Ham
>Now?
***meatball sub from Subway

>Godzilla - old or new?

***old by a longshot

>What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

***I didn't eat oatmeal but mixed my grits with butter...

>Jaws or King Kong?
***Liked 'em both but the 1933 KK gets my vote.

>Queen or ELO?
***ELO but I like them both

>Action movies or comedy?
***I prefer comedies.

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

***Tootsie Pops

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

***John Denver

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:
>Football
>Marbles
>Hopscotch
>Baseball
>Water sports
>Bicycling
>Board games
>Winter sports
>Roller skating
>Other

***Football

>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
***Ding Dongs

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

***Moody Blues

Dixon
===========
Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

"Doggone it, Andy, I hate it when you get obtuse!"
--Barney Fife

Dixon Hayes

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
Ronnie Van Zant or Billy Gibbons?
***Ronnie by a mile

Pop-o-matic Trouble or Ker Plunk?

***Kerplunk (I was a whiz at that one)

Battling Tops or Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots?

***the 'bots, man

Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Heroes?

***I always liked Hogan's Heroes

Gigantor or Clutch Cargo (whew, we're dusting off the cradle here).

***Clutch (love those lips)

The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon

***The Wall

Which of the Hudson Brothers did you have a crush on?
Mark
Bill
Brett

***can't say i had a crush on any of them

Olivia Newton-John or Helen Reddy?

***ONJ here too

WHere did I go to high school? Glencoe High School, Glencoe, AL

What was my first real job? I lasted a month at a Popeye's Fried Chicken before
I got fired for being too slow (even though the franchise owner said my chicken
was the best she ever ate)

Olivia Newton-John or Lyndsay Wagner?

***give the edge to ONJ

Who best?
Bionic Woman - Wonder Woman?

***WW (man she was hot)

Kojak - Ironside
***Kojak

Bee Gees - Jacksons
***Jacksons (before their 1984 comeback)

Diana Ross - Donna Summer

***Diana Ross in vocal range, Donna Summer in attitude

WLFan00

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
Ronnie Van Zant or Billy Gibbons?
Billy Gibbons

Pop-o-matic Trouble or Ker Plunk?

Trouble

Battling Tops or Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots?

Oh man, those robots

Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Heroes?

Gilligan's Island

Gigantor or Clutch Cargo (whew, we're dusting off the cradle here).

Gigantor

WHere did I go to high school? Wellsville High School, Wellsville, NY (GO
LIONS!!!)

What was my first real job? Jones Memorial Hospital's Cafeteria

Olivia Newton-John or Lyndsay Wagner?

ONJ

Who best?
Bionic Woman - Wonder Woman?

Bionic Woman

Kojak - Ironside
Kojak

Bee Gees - Jacksons
Bee Gees

Diana Ross - Donna Summer

Donna Summer

The Wanderer

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Ted (But a strong second place to Les for the turkey incident)

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

I curse like drunken sailor and beat to death whatever I tripped on. (Well
the cursing part IS true.)

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Turkey club

>Now?

Blimpie (yellow) American, Spiced Ham, and Cooked Salami with oil &
vinegar, salt & pepper, HEAVY mayonaise, lettuce & tomatoes, & HOT peppers

>Jaws or King Kong?

King Kong (he actually looked like a friend of mine)

>Queen or ELO?

Couldn't stand either.

>Action movies or comedy?

Comedies, always.

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Charms Cherry Lollipops

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

John Denver & Jim Croce

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:
>Football
>Marbles
>Hopscotch
>Baseball
>Water sports
>Bicycling
>Board games
>Winter sports
>Roller skating
>Other

None of that crap. STICKBALL!!!! (a lost art)

>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Yodels

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Moody Blues.

God, I hate suveys.

ce...@loa.com

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00

> Oil Impressionist wrote:
> >
> > Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Ted Baxter, after all, Ted Knight came from my home state... have to
support the home boys.

> > When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see
what it
> > was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Look back.

> > Favorite western TV series?

Bonanza

> > What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Peanut butter and banana on whole wheat

> > Now?

Same

> > Godzilla - old or new?

Old

> > What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

raisins & brown sugar

> > Jaws or King Kong?

Mighty Joe Young

In article <399FF640...@hotmail.com>,
Senator Zoidberg <zoid...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> NRBQ.

You tell'em mister! :) NRBQ beats them all, hands down!

> > Action movies or comedy?

Comedy or horror.

> > Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Charm pops, preferably lemon

> > John Denver or Barry Manilow?

Marc Bolan

> > What was more popular in your neighborhood:
> > Football
> > Marbles
> > Hopscotch
> > Baseball
> > Water sports
> > Bicycling
> > Board games
> > Winter sports
> > Roller skating
> > Other

Basketball, baseball, jumprope

> > DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Ringdings

> > Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Bonzo Dog Band

> > HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

> Ronnie Van Zant or Billy Gibbons?

Steve Ferguson

> Pop-o-matic Trouble or Ker Plunk?
>

> Battling Tops or Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots?

Battleship & Twister

> Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Heroes?
>

> Gigantor or Clutch Cargo (whew, we're dusting off the cradle here).

Stan Jensen

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
On Sun, 20 Aug 2000 07:06:03 GMT, Oil Impressionist
<oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Less Nessman

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Look back.

>Favorite western TV series?

Bonanza.

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Grilled Cheese

>Now?

Ham & Cheese

>Godzilla - old or new?

Old by far. The devlin/Emmerich bastardization was a waste of
celluloid. Godzilla 2000 rocks tho!:)

>What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

Blueberries. Still is.

>Jaws or King Kong?

Jaws. I saw that a few weeks before going to Florida, and I didn't go
int he water once!

>Queen or ELO?

Toss up. Leaning toward Queen

>Action movies or comedy?

Another toss up. I'm a sci-fi fan mostly.

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Tootsie Pops.

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

Neither!

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:

Basketball.

>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

DingDongs. IIRC, didn't they used to be called "King Dongs" back in
the late 60's?

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Parsons.

Tim

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
The Wanderer wrote:

> None of that crap. STICKBALL!!!! (a lost art)

We don't have the proper urban playing field for that...tall buildings,
cars, fire hydrants, etc. All we have around here are big fields full
of meadow muffins. ;-)

Tim

Jeff Troutman

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
"James C. Dobrovicz" <jcd...@worldnet.att.netBRETTSOMERS> wrote:
> "Oil Impressionist" <oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>
> > Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
> This one's a dead heat. Although I'm tempted to give Les the nod for his
> hysterical butchering of golfer Chi Chi Rodriguez.

In case some of the folks out there are getting a little antsy, I'd just
like to clarify that the only butchering was done to Mr. Rodriguez's name.

Jeff Troutman, keepin' it surreal.

Jeff Troutman

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
"Oil Impressionist" <oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Nessman. Gotta support the show based in Cincinnati.

> When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
> was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

My experiences catsitting for friends have taught me that the best thing to
do is act like it was your intention to trip all along.

> Favorite western TV series?

Wild, Wild, West. Not exactly realistic Western stuff, but so what?

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Mustard.

> Now?

The Subway BMT with plenty of banana peppers

> Godzilla - old or new?

Old. The latest Godzilla film is a pleasant throwback to the original
style. I really enjoyed it.

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

I stayed well away from oatmeal, but I did mix bananas into my cereal.

> Jaws or King Kong?

The original Kong.

> Queen or ELO?

early ELO.

> Action movies or comedy?

Action comedies.

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Tootsies.

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

(choke)....gasp......AIR!

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:

Bicycling, though I was a bit of a shut-in.

> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

The yellow Hostess cupcakes. Still a nice at-work snack.

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

The '60s and '70s Moodies, definitely.

>HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

Cheech & Chong or The Firesign Theatre?

Jeff Troutman

Jeff Troutman

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
"Senator Zoidberg" <zoid...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ronnie Van Zant or Billy Gibbons?

Van Zant. If only because, having died young, we never had to see him get
mediocre.

> Pop-o-matic Trouble or Ker Plunk?

Trouble.

> Battling Tops or Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots?

The 'bots. They were great for settling disputes among friends.

> Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Heroes?

Hogan's Heroes.

Jeff Troutman

James C. Dobrovicz

Aug 20, 2000, 8:10:59 PM8/20/00
"Oil Impressionist" <oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

This one's a dead heat. Although I'm tempted to give Les the nod for his
hysterical butchering of golfer Chi Chi Rodriguez.

> When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it

> was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Depends on if I fall :-) If I fall I'll probably pick up the thing and
throw it at something.

> Favorite western TV series?
None. I hate Westerns.

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Bologna or salami and Swiss cheese on Wonder bread

> Now?
Peanut butter and banana on sourdough

> Godzilla - old or new?

Definitely old.

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

I never ate oatmeal as a kid. Always sugar-frosted cereal. That might
explain the terrible shape of my teeth these days . . . LOL

> Jaws or King Kong?
Probably the original King Kong. If you're going by the KK remake, then
Jaws.

> Queen or ELO?
ELO -- Queen is for me right up there with the Eagles and Pink Floyd in the
"if I hear that one more time I will be sick" category.

> Action movies or comedy?
Comedy. My all-time favorite movie is "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Lollipops, but only if they are lime or Root Beer Dum Dum Pops

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

Barry.

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:

Baseball and Other -- the Other in this case being kickball.

> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
Hostess Cupcakes

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Alan Parsons, then and now. I always found the Moody Blues somewhat boring.

> HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

WLFan00

Aug 20, 2000, 8:50:01 PM8/20/00
James wrote:
<<Comedy. My all-time favorite movie is "Monty Python and the Holy Grail">>

Oh, that's a classic. James, do you prefer an African or European Swallow?

Beatlfilms

Aug 21, 2000, 12:09:30 AM8/21/00
Oil Impressionist said:

>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Les Nessman... His pronunciation of Chi Chi Rodriquez is priceless!

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

I look back. Then I turn red. Then I mutter obscenities to myself... :-)

>Favorite western TV series?
Bonanza or Gunsmoke.

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

>Now?
The ol' reliable peanut butter & jelly has always worked well.

>Godzilla - old or new?

Old.

>What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

Not a big oatmeal fan. I liked Malt O' Meal though. Put some brown sugar & milk
in it I recall.

>Jaws or King Kong?
Jaws.

>Queen or ELO?
Queen. Though I like ELO as well.

>Action movies or comedy?
Comedy.

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?
Lollipops.

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

John Denver.

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:

>Football
>Marbles
>Hopscotch
>Baseball
>Water sports
>Bicycling
>Board games
>Winter sports
>Roller skating
>Other

Football, basketball and board games.

>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
Hostess cupcakes.

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Moody Blues.

>HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!
Donny or Marie? (A little bit country or a little bit rock & roll?)

Shawn
http://members.aol.com/beatlefilms/home.html

aleen the karaoke queen

Aug 21, 2000, 12:51:47 AM8/21/00

> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
-les nessman of course!

> When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what
it was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

-i check back to see what it was!

> Favorite western TV series?
-none!

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

-peanut butter
> Now?
-i don't eat sandwiches too often anymore but i would have to say
cheese sandwiches would be my favourite when i do eat them!

> Godzilla - old or new?

-old!

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

-milk, tee hee!

> Jaws or King Kong?
-jaws!

> Queen or ELO?
-i can't say, i love them both equally!

> Action movies or comedy?
-comedy!

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

-lollipops, i'm not big on tootsie rolls, etc!

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

-eeeeek, i guess john denver

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:

> Marbles-the most popular in my neighbourhood!
> Hopscotch-we played this all the time too!
> Roller skating-when i didn't fall and get hurt!

> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
ugh now i wouldn't eat either one but as a kid i would have preferred
hostess cupcakes!

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

moody blues!

redace

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
Some of these were hard to answer! :)

Oil Impressionist wrote in message <8no00k$oa7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Hmm...Les was funny as a geek, Ted was funny at being flustered...(man,
can't believe I'm choking on the first question!!) <coin flip> Ted
Baxter

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

I look back and pretend that something was there.

>Favorite western TV series?

Bonanza (Thought Michael Landon was cute then)

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Peanut Nutter and Jelly

>Now?

Tuna Sub

>Godzilla - old or new?

Old

>What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

Yuck! When forced to eat it, King Syrup (it's a cane syrup), but
usually we ate Cream of Wheat (made with milk, of course) and added
sugar and Vanilla extract to it.

>Jaws or King Kong?

Jaws--Love Richard Dreyfus and the look on Roy Schieder's(sp?) face when
he's throwing the fish in the ocean and spots the shark!

>Queen or ELO?

Errr...ummm.. crap <she whispers>...ELO

>Action movies or comedy?

Comedy all the way!

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Tooties Pops

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

Barry Manilow (Oh no, if the guys in rec.music.artists.kiss see this, I
will never live it down!!)

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:

>Football
>Marbles
>Hopscotch
>Baseball
>Water sports
>Bicycling
>Board games
>Winter sports
>Roller skating
>Other

Football, baseball, bicycling, playing war (I hung out with boys, they
were more fun the girls! To this day I can't stand Barbie or Holly
Hobbie!!!!!)

>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Neither one--I'm from Baltimore, we ate TastyKake's

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Don't care for either one

Lori =^.^=

redace

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00

recsec wrote in message ...

> What High School did you graduate from??

Bel Air High in Bel Air, MD GO BOBCATS!

> What was your first REAL job??

Worked in a department store in the mall called Hecht's. Starting pay
was above minimum wage at the time ($3.35 an hour, I believe. This was
in 85) and was so excited to find out that I would start at $3.75 an
hour!
Lori =^.^=

redace

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00

Senator Zoidberg wrote in message <399FF640...@hotmail.com>...

>Ronnie Van Zant or Billy Gibbons?

Ronnie

>Pop-o-matic Trouble or Ker Plunk?

Trouble (especiallyif you had the house rule of slapping the hand of
anyone who tried to play out of turn!)

>Battling Tops or Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots?

Robots (I bought my son the Toy Story 2 version for X-mas last year.)

>Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Heroes?

Ho-gannnnn!

>Gigantor or Clutch Cargo (whew, we're dusting off the cradle here).

Don't know this one

Lori =^.^=

redace

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00

WLFan00 wrote in message
>The Wall or Dark Side of the Moon: THE WALL

Dark Side of the Moon

>Which of the Hudson Brothers did you have a crush on?
>Mark
>Bill
>Brett

I forgot which one was which! I think it was Bill (was he the one that
was married to Goldie Hawn?)

>Olivia Newton-John or Helen Reddy? ONJ

Olivia

Lori =^.^=

redace

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00

merl...@my-deja.com wrote in message <8novhn$ols$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>Who best?
>Bionic Woman - Wonder Woman?

Wonder Woman--Invisible plane, golden lariat that made people tell the
truth, and she was smart...what more could you ask for!

>Kojak - Ironside

Kojak--Who love's ya', baby

>Bee Gees - Jacksons

BeeGees

>Diana Ross - Donna Summer

Love them both but I'll go with Donna Summer

Lori =^.^=

The Wanderer

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
I forgot to throw in one:
Game Twister, played best when naked and stoned.

--

Buddy

from Brooklyn

http://www.geocities.com/athens/thebes/5591/
The Wanderer wrote in message ...

>>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
>

>Ted (But a strong second place to Les for the turkey incident)
>>

>>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?
>

>I curse like drunken sailor and beat to death whatever I tripped on. (Well
>the cursing part IS true.)
>>

>>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?
>

>Turkey club
>
>>Now?
>
>Blimpie (yellow) American, Spiced Ham, and Cooked Salami with oil &
>vinegar, salt & pepper, HEAVY mayonaise, lettuce & tomatoes, & HOT peppers
>>
>>Jaws or King Kong?
>
>King Kong (he actually looked like a friend of mine)
>>
>>Queen or ELO?
>>
>Couldn't stand either.
>
>>Action movies or comedy?
>>
>Comedies, always.
>

>>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?
>>

>Charms Cherry Lollipops

>>John Denver or Barry Manilow?
>>

>John Denver & Jim Croce
>

>>What was more popular in your neighborhood:
>>Football
>>Marbles
>>Hopscotch
>>Baseball
>>Water sports
>>Bicycling
>>Board games
>>Winter sports
>>Roller skating
>>Other
>

>None of that crap. STICKBALL!!!! (a lost art)
>>

>>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
>
>Yodels
>>

>>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

The Wanderer

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
Good luck, and dont fall down or slide into base.

--

Tim wrote in message <39A0A085...@usit.net>...

>The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> None of that crap. STICKBALL!!!! (a lost art)

nate

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
*Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
Ted Baxter. That guy was such a hot head. Goodness! I
wonder if he's on blood pressure med today? or is he still
alive?

*When you trip over something, do you look back and
*check to see what it was, or regain your step and
*continue, feigning indifference?
I continue, because I'm clumsy as hell and I usually end up
knocking over a bunch of stuff or banging into something.

*Favorite western TV series?
Dern, da-da, dern, da-da, dern. . .Bonanza. . .dern, da-da,
dern, da-da, dern. . .dern - dern, dern, dern!

*What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?
Roast Beast

*Now?
Cuban

*Godzilla - old or new?
Old

*What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal
*as a kid?
Half a ton of sugar. "Do you want any oatmeal with that
sugar?"

*Jaws or King Kong?
Jaws

*Queen or ELO?
Both

*Action movies or comedy?
Action

*Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?
Lollipop rings

*John Denver or Barry Manilow?
I write the songs that make the whole world siiiiiinnnggg

*What was more popular in your neighborhood:
Bee-bee gun wars

*Football
Yes, Mean Joe Green

*Marbles
No

*Hopscotch
4 square

*Baseball
Of course

*Water sports
Inner tube water skiing

*Bicycling
Schwinn 3 speed

*Board games
Scrupples

*Winter sports
Not in California

*Roller skating
Every Friday

*Other
Fishing

*DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?
Ho-Ho's

*Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?
Ambrosia! I am the eye in the sky, looking at
yoooooooouuuuuu, I can read your mind. . .

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

WLFan00

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
Lori, yup Bill Hudson was married to Goldie Hawn, and he's the father of
actress Kate Hudson. He's now married to Cindy Williams.

MartiDave

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
In article <8no00k$oa7$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Oil Impressionist
<oil_impr...@my-deja.com> writes:

>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Les, I liked the helicopter.

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

look back

>Favorite western TV series?

Bonanza

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Roastbeef sub

>Now?

Same

>Godzilla - old or new?

old

>What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

Brown Sugar (Dark)

>Jaws or King Kong?

Jaws

>Queen or ELO?

Queen

>Action movies or comedy?

Comedys or is it comedies?

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Blow Pops

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

John Denver

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:
>Football
>Marbles
>Hopscotch
>Baseball XXXXXXXXX

>Water sports
>Bicycling
>Board games
>Winter sports
>Roller skating

>OtherXXXXXXXXXXXX Tag
>
>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Ring Dings

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Moody Blues

>HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

Do you still have friends from the 70's?

Dave Spiegel

andy749

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?
Ted Baxter...I liked Too Close 4 Comfort 2
When you trip over something, do you look
back and check to see what it was, or regain your step and continue,
feigning indifference?
look back...most of time
Favorite western TV series?
Wild Wild West
What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s? Now? Both...cheeseburger

Godzilla - old or new? old
What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid? brown
sugar
Jaws or King Kong? Jaws...liked '33 KK best
Queen or ELO?ELO-remember flying saucer?

Action movies or comedy? Action
Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops? Lollipop
John Denver or Barry Manilow? whew! not
What was more popular in your neighborhood: Football *played in street
alot,sidewalk was out of bounds...telephone poles were TDs
Marbles
Hopscotch
Baseball...softball
Water sports* lived on lake...skied alot

Bicycling
Board games
Winter sports
Roller skating
Other* I liked tetherball...remember that? Kickball &
dodgeball...Frisbee...couch wrestling
DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes? banana flips
Moody Blues or Alan Parsons? neither

Oil Impressionist

Aug 21, 2000, 10:57:39 PM8/21/00
In article <RE6o5.7211$%O6.4...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

"redace" <redace...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> >John Denver or Barry Manilow?
>
> Barry Manilow (Oh no, if the guys in rec.music.artists.kiss see this,
> will never live it down!!)
>
> Lori =^.^=

Oh, now why'd ya have to go and say that? Now we'll HAVE to tell 'em!
Kidding, kidding!!

Dawna

--
~~A deadly secret lies within LAURA'S LEGACY, available @ Amazon.com
Our web site: http://www.azstarnet.com/~scribes/

Oil Impressionist

Aug 21, 2000, 11:01:40 PM8/21/00
In article <11f733ec...@usw-ex0109-068.remarq.com>,
nate <natieN...@ureach.com.invalid> wrote:

> *Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?
> Lollipop rings

We had forgotten all about Life Savers lollipop rings! Thanks for the
memory, Nate!

Dawna & Larry

Oil Impressionist

Aug 21, 2000, 11:04:24 PM8/21/00
In article <20000821182454...@nso-cu.aol.com>,
jun...@aol.combos (MartiDave) wrote:

> >HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!
>
> Do you still have friends from the 70's?
>
> Dave Spiegel

Great question!!

Yes, I do; two "best" friends whom I e-mail with regularly. One in
Florida, the other still in our home town in Michigan. She is now
teaching where we went to school. Cool, huh?

Dawna

recsec

Aug 22, 2000, 12:30:05 AM8/22/00

> In article <20000821182454...@nso-cu.aol.com>,
> jun...@aol.combos (MartiDave) wrote:
>
> > >HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Do you still have friends from the 70's?
> >
> > Dave Spiegel
> >
> Great question!!
>
> Yes, I do; two "best" friends whom I e-mail with regularly. One in
> Florida, the other still in our home town in Michigan. She is now
> teaching where we went to school. Cool, huh?

Do you tease her a lot?? Do you got her on the spot??
recsec

redace

Aug 22, 2000, 1:32:10 AM8/22/00

Oil Impressionist wrote in message <8nsq6s$358$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>In article <RE6o5.7211$%O6.4...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> "redace" <redace...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >
>> >John Denver or Barry Manilow?
>>
>> Barry Manilow (Oh no, if the guys in rec.music.artists.kiss see this,
>> will never live it down!!)
>>
> > Lori =^.^=
>>

>Oh, now why'd ya have to go and say that? Now we'll HAVE to tell 'em!
>Kidding, kidding!!

Gee, but my fellow KISS fans would lose all respect for me! LOL! :)

Lori =^.^= (<----Who's not too worried, she's not used to respect
anyway!)

Rick Shaw

Aug 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/22/00
<oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Ted.

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

I turn and look, point at it, and say "have that removed immediately!"

>Favorite western TV series?

Not much into westerns.

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?
>Now?

Ham with potato chips smashed into the sandwich. It's still my
favorite.

>Godzilla - old or new?

Not a Godzilla fan.

>What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

I was a Cocoa-Wheats kid. Milk with lots of sugar.

>Jaws or King Kong?

Jaws.

>Queen or ELO?

I like certain things by both, but if I had to choose, ......eh,
probably ELO.

>Action movies or comedy?

Comedy.

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Totsie Pop Drops.

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

There are a few Manilow tunes that take me right back to the early 70s
when I hear them. Some John Denver tunes also remind me of that era,
but they don't spark that same feeling.
Manilow.

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:
>Football

>Marbles
>Hopscotch
>Baseball
>Water sports

>Bicycling
>Board games
>Winter sports
>Roller skating
>Other

Baseball, football. Sometimes at night, we'd play "Spot 'em" (with
flash lights). I can't recall the rules of the game now, though.

>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Ding Dongs. Just don't chew on the aluminum foil wrapper. I did once
and hit a filling. Yikes! Lesson learned at an early age.

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Alan Parsons.

Oil Impressionist

Aug 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/23/00
In article <hlno5.703$J35....@news.flash.net>,

LMAO!! Actually it's kind of scary to think the friend I was with when
I first tried beer . . . and stuff is now molding young minds!! (^o^)

Sandy

Aug 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/25/00
>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Ted Baxter

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

I usually look back with my face all red and HOPE there was something there
that I tripped over!

>Favorite western TV series?
Dun da da dun da da da Bonanzzaaaa!

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s? I don't think I ever had a
favorite

>Now? I STILL don't have a favorite, but I guess I've eat ham and cheese with
mayo the most

>Godzilla - old or new?

naaa, neither

>What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

I didn't have oatmeal as a kid

>Jaws or King Kong?

Jaws!!

>Queen or ELO?

That's hard....I guess I'll pick ELO

>Action movies or comedy?

comedy

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Tootsie Pop Drops! mmmmmm!

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

Johnny baby!

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:
>Football
>Marbles
>Hopscotch
>Baseball
>Water sports
>Bicycling
>Board games
>Winter sports
>Roller skating
>Other

Hide and go seek!

>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Hostess

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

Moody Blues

>HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

Ya mean ya runnin out!!!!!! : O

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

antipos...@my-deja.com

Aug 25, 2000, 9:37:11 PM8/25/00
Dawna and Larry, you guys ask such great, fun questions. :-)

> Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Tough call, but I'd lean slightly toward Ted

> When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what
> it was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Try to feign indifference

> Favorite western TV series?

F Troop

> What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

Early 70s: bologna and cheese on wonder bread
Later 70s: tuna and tomato on a roll

> Now?

still tuna and tomato on a roll

> Godzilla - old or new?

old, for sure. In fact, I just took my 11 year old nephew to see
Godzilla 2000 and we had a blast.

> What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

milk and sugar

> Jaws or King Kong?

Jaws

> Queen or ELO?

Queen

> Action movies or comedy?

comedy

> Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Tootsie Pops

> John Denver or Barry Manilow?

Barry Manilow

> What was more popular in your neighborhood:

> Football - very
> Marbles - not really, though we did play bottle caps, which I guess
was the city equivalent (and, in my parents day, was
called "skelly")
> Hopscotch - girls only
> Baseball - very
> Water sports - only for those with access to a pool
> Bicycling - very
> Board games - on occasion
> Winter sports - somewhat
> Roller skating - somewhat
> Other - stickball, man hunt, yard hopping, tag

> DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Hostess cupcakes

> Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

I can't really stomach the Moody Blues, so I guess that would leave
Alan Parsons - though I only can recall perhaps one or two of his songs.

Tom

> HELP!! NEED MORE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!

The Wanderer

Aug 26, 2000, 2:30:07 AM8/26/00
Hey Tom, What's up? Are we gettin' together? Kelly say's she's open. Let's
do this! And, yeah, I forgot "Skelly". We called it skelzies, and on other
blocks it was also called skellys, but you get the idea. In my area
skelzies was more or less seasonal and every body had their particular
favorite piece that you made yourself. All you needed was a bottle cap of
the right size and some crayons (as well as chalk to make a board). On my
block I painted our skelzies court in the middle of the street so that we
would always have a board.

--

Buddy

from Brooklyn

http://www.geocities.com/athens/thebes/5591/
antipos...@my-deja.com wrote in message
<8o7706$51p$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

Dixon Hayes

Oil Impressionist

Aug 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/27/00
In article <20000826232200...@ng-cd1.aol.com>,
Hi Trish! Someone showed up in our group a week or so ago looking for
you. He/she wanted to talk about . . . Golden Books or something.
Maybe you could check out the back posts for one addressed only to you.

BTW, we're still not getting your original posts in Deja. :-\

Dawna & Larry

--
~~A deadly secret lies within LAURA'S LEGACY, available @ Amazon.com
Our web site: http://www.azstarnet.com/~scribes/
Dawna's art site: http://www.geocities.com/scribes2000/artangel.html
The Billy Squier Web Companion: http://members.xoom.com/squiersite/

Sandy

Aug 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/27/00
>Trish, where have you been hun? Great to have you back...
>
>Dixon
>===========

have to second that myself : )
we missed ya!

Tiny Dancer

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
>Less Nessman or Ted Baxter?

Ted Baxter all the way, Nessman was a bit creepy to me back then.
Like one of those guys your parents warned you about. I get a real
kick out of him now, though.

>When you trip over something, do you look back and check to see what it
>was, or regain your step and continue, feigning indifference?

Look back, shake my head at whatever idiot left *that* there and warn the
next person coming. I'm a giver.

>Favorite western TV series?

Never much of a fan but I loved the opening to "Bonanza".

>What was your favorite sandwich in the 70s?

>Now?

Grilled cheese with Vegemite. My mother had a sandwich thingy that
made round grilled sandwiches on the burner or campfire. Not a clue
what they were called but we went goofy with ours. Baked beans, chili
and spaghetti between the two pieces of bread were the popular choices
but you had to use Vegemite in MY house! Still love cheese and Veggie
sarnies.

>Godzilla - old or new?

Old, he was the grooviest and could kick King Kong's butt.

>What was your favorite thing to mix into your oatmeal as a kid?

Lots and lots of sugar, preferrably brown sugar, mmmmm.

>Jaws or King Kong?

Jaws, I just love Bruce! Used to act out the opening scene in the Holiday Inn
pool when my parents did their Holiday Inn tour. I was an odd child.

>Queen or ELO?

Good arguements for both but, at the time, I enjoyed Queen.

>Action movies or comedy?

Weeeell, that's a toughie. In the '70's, I *lived* for all the ones like "Airport",
"The Towering Inferno", "Jaws", "Earthquake" etc. but I rarely watch action
flicks now. I think "Die Hard" was the last one I can recall seeing.

>Tootsie Pop Drops or lollipops?

Tootsies, they had much more going on than those dull lollipops.

>John Denver or Barry Manilow?

I enjoy them both although Denver has travelled easier, no pun intended.

>What was more popular in your neighborhood:
>Football

>Marbles
>Hopscotch
>Baseball
>Water sports
>Bicycling
>Board games
>Winter sports
>Roller skating
>Other

We moved a lot, I never had a neighborhood :-( Lots of Road Hockey
when we settled in Newfoundland in the mid-'70's, though.

>DingDongs or Hostess cupcakes?

Can't recall DingDongs in Canada, which is where I spent my '70's, but I
do remember Hostess Cupcakes so I'll vote for them.

>Moody Blues or Alan Parsons?

The Alan Parsons Project was a real eye-opener for me, I loved every song
of theirs I heard. Had the "Eve Project" album at one point, long gone now.

Cheers,

TD

I could whistle up an old tune
That your memory might recall
Rustle up some reminisce
'Bout the good old days and all
from Harry Chapin's "If My Mary Were Here"

Webmistress of Tiny Dancer's X-Files Episode Guide
http://www.insanity.com.au/td/

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://i.am/tinyd

a_nate...@my-deja.com

Aug 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/29/00
**Grilled cheese with Vegemite. My mother had a sandwich thingy that
**made round grilled sandwiches on the burner or campfire. Not a clue
**what they were called but we went goofy with ours. Baked beans, chili
**and spaghetti between the two pieces of bread were the popular choices
**but you had to use Vegemite in MY house! Still love cheese and Veggie
**sarnies.

I love grill cheese and vegemite or marmite.

Do you remember the Kraft Vegemite song from the commercial?