70s TV show survey

1 view

antipos...@my-deja.com

Jan 26, 2001, 8:01:40 PM1/26/01
1. Top 3-10 favorite 70s shows (any genre)?

2. Top 3-10 favorite 70s sitcoms?

3. Favorite crime drama?

4. Top 3-10 favorite 70s non-sitcoms?

5. Where would you have preferred to work? Why?

a. The WJM Newsroom
b. As an architect at Mike Brady's firm
c. On the loading dock with Archie Bunker
d. The Taxi garage
e. As a detective in Barnie Miller's squad room
f. At the medical complex from The Bob Newhart Show
g. At the junkyard with Sanford and Son
h. At WKRP in Cincinnati
i. Mel's Diner

6. Which high school would you have preferred attending? Why?

a. Walt Whitman (Room 222)
b. James Buchanan (Welcome Back Kotter)
c. The high school that Keith and Laurie Partridge went to
d. The high school that Greg and Marcia Brady went to
e. Carver High School (White Shadow)

7. If you were a character on Happy Days and/or Welcome Back Kotter,
where would you fit in?

8. Which Brady Bunch character would you get along with best?

9. Who would you want to baby sit you as a child? Which (if any) of
these would you allow to babysit your kid, or some kid you know? Why?

a. Oscar Madison
b. Reuben Kincaid
c. Alice from the Brady Bunch
d. Samantha Stevens
e. Steve McGarrett
f. Les Nessman
g. JJ from Good Times
h. Chrissie Snow (Suzanne Sommers on Three's Company)
i. Fish
j. Dr. Johnny Fever
k. Mary and Rhoda
l. Mr. Grant
m. Edith Bunker
n. Reverend Jim Ignatowski
o. Rod Serling
p. Chuck Barris

10. Favorite curmudgeon?

a. Lou Grant
b. Louie DePalma
c. Mr. Woodman
d. Fred Sanford
e. Shirley from What's Happening!!
f. Mel Sharples

11. Favorite obscure TV program from the 70s that no one seems to
remember?

12. Favorite youth oriented music show?

13. Favorite sports oriented show?

14. Favorie all time Saturday morning show?

15. Favorite after school show?

16. What shows did you watch with your family?

17. What shows would the rest of your family refuse to watch with you?

18. What shows have you seen so often that you know the storyline by
heart for just about any episode?

19. Did you have a favorite local kiddie show host?

20. Favorite horror show or horror movie broadcast series?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Beatlfilms

Jan 27, 2001, 12:33:51 AM1/27/01
antipos...@my-deja.com said:

>1. Top 3-10 favorite 70s shows (any genre)?

M*A*S*H
All In The Family
Happy Days

>2. Top 3-10 favorite 70s sitcoms?

Same as above! :-)

>3. Favorite crime drama?
Starsky & Hutch

>4. Top 3-10 favorite 70s non-sitcoms?

Starsky & Hutch
Rockford Files
The Waltons

>5. Where would you have preferred to work? Why?

h. At WKRP in Cincinnati because I could hang with Johnny Fever, ogle Jennifer
and Bailey, and receive a paycheck all at the same time!

>6. Which high school would you have preferred attending? Why?

d. The high school that Greg and Marcia Brady went to because I could have
auditioned for that rock group Greg briefly played in (The Banana Convention?)
when he was caught SMOKING!

>7. If you were a character on Happy Days and/or Welcome Back Kotter,
>where would you fit in?

An existing character? On Happy Days I would have rather enjoyed being Chachi
as he got to make out with Joanie on a regular basis.

>8. Which Brady Bunch character would you get along with best?

Greg

>9. Who would you want to baby sit you as a child? Which (if any) of
>these would you allow to babysit your kid, or some kid you know? Why?

m. Edith Bunker, because she had the soul of an angel.

>10. Favorite curmudgeon?
b. Louie DePalma

>11. Favorite obscure TV program from the 70s that no one seems to
>remember?

Lucan and the Bay City Rollers Saturday morning program.

>12. Favorite youth oriented music show?

I used to stay up late on Friday nights to catch The Midnight Special.

>13. Favorite sports oriented show?

ABC's Wide World Of Sports when the Harlem Globetrotters were on.

>14. Favorie all time Saturday morning show?

Scooby-Doo.

>15. Favorite after school show?

I remember things like Match Game and Joker's Wild being on when I would get
home from school in the afternoon.

>16. What shows did you watch with your family?

I remember Tuesday night being the big TV night; Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley,
Three's Company and (I think) Welcome Back Kotter.

>17. What shows would the rest of your family refuse to watch with you?

I seem to recall "getting" Monty Python's Flying Circus and Benny Hill much
more than my parents.

>18. What shows have you seen so often that you know the storyline by
>heart for just about any episode?

M*A*S*H, Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, I Love Lucy, Happy Days

>19. Did you have a favorite local kiddie show host?

We had a cartoon show that aired each weekday morning hosted by a fellow named
Ramblin' Rod.

>20. Favorite horror show or horror movie broadcast series?

Twilight Zone and Night Gallery

Shawn

WiNK

Jan 27, 2001, 9:36:55 AM1/27/01
I might have trouble with some of these, as I am not a big TV watcher...but
here goes. :-)

> 1. Top 3-10 favorite 70s shows (any genre)?

S.W.A.T.
Three's Company
M*A*S*H*

> 2. Top 3-10 favorite 70s sitcoms?

Happy Days
Three's Company
WKRP in Cincinnati

> 3. Favorite crime drama?
S.W.A.T.... I think I also liked The Streets of San Francisco. (I'm assuming
we're talking what was favorite then, right? Not now?)

> 4. Top 3-10 favorite 70s non-sitcoms?

Used to watch Medical Center with my mom
Night Gallery
Would Outer Limits be 70s?? I watched that, but I can't remember when.

> 5. Where would you have preferred to work? Why?

At WKRP in Cincinnati of course!!! Dr. Johnny Fever and Venus were hoots,
plus I could rely on my radio background for this job!! ;-)

> 6. Which high school would you have preferred attending? Why?

The high school that Keith and Laurie Partridge went to....... OH, to be in
High School with KEITH. :-) Plus, those were great times......

> 7. If you were a character on Happy Days and/or Welcome Back Kotter,

> where would you fit in? WOW, that's a tough one.... I'll say Welcome
Back Kotter. I would be the brain-y one that Vinnie would fall for, but
he'd be wondering how to impress me since he's such a DUNCE. ;-) A lot of
clever putdowns in this one. LOL!!!!!

> 8. Which Brady Bunch character would you get along with best?

Probably Alice or Carol at this point. :-)

> 9. Who would you want to baby sit you as a child? Which (if any) of
> these would you allow to babysit your kid, or some kid you know? Why?

Out of all of those?? I'd allow Alice! She's the only one I would trust!!!
:-)

> 10. Favorite curmudgeon?
Shirley from What's Happening just killed me!!!!

> 11. Favorite obscure TV program from the 70s that no one seems to

> remember? Well, everyone HERE seems to remember things.... so I have no
answer!!!!

> 12. Favorite youth oriented music show?

Well...............American Bandstand, of course. ha ha :-)

> 13. Favorite sports oriented show?

The Superstars

> 14. Favorite all time Saturday morning show?
Sigmund the Sea Monster

> 15. Favorite after school show?

I used to come home and watch the original Mickey Mouse Club a lot.....
"Gold doubloons and pieces of eight, handed down to Applegate..." I also
liked the Talent Roundup on Friday!!!
"Saddle your pony, here we go
Down to the talent rodeo.
Gather up Susie, Jack and Joe,
Join the talent roundup.
Round 'em up, bring 'em in,
Everybody's sure to win.
Step right up, here we go,
Oh, what a rodeo!"

> 16. What shows did you watch with your family?

Medical Center..... not many, actually

> 17. What shows would the rest of your family refuse to watch with you?

Electric Company. :-)

> 18. What shows have you seen so often that you know the storyline by
> heart for just about any episode?

Brady Bunch.....I Dream of Jeannie.....Gilligan's Island.....I Love
Lucy.....Fawlty Towers

> 19. Did you have a favorite local kiddie show host?

Blinky! From Blinky's Fun Club

> 20. Favorite horror show or horror movie broadcast series?

The Frozen Dead..... also, Night Gallery

Wow...tough work! That was fun, though!!! Thanks, Tom. :-)

Nadine

MartiDave

Jan 27, 2001, 6:51:55 PM1/27/01
In article <94t6lg$qk5$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, antipos...@my-deja.com writes:

>1. Top 3-10 favorite 70s shows (any genre)?

1) Barney Miller
2) Happy Days
3) Vegas

>2. Top 3-10 favorite 70s sitcoms?

1) Barney Miller
2) Happy Days
3) MASH

>3. Favorite crime drama?
1) Vegas
2) Rockford Files
3) Police Woman

>4. Top 3-10 favorite 70s non-sitcoms?

1) Bi-Centennial Minutes
2) America Rocks
3) You Were There

>5. Where would you have preferred to work? Why?

I want to work at Arnolds. I know that this was not a choice, but I'd like to
work there. If not I wouldn't mind being Carlton the Dorrman's replacement
guy. Or possibly the sportscaster working with Ted Baxter

>6. Which high school would you have preferred attending? Why?

I go for Carver High

>a. Walt Whitman (Room 222)
>b. James Buchanan (Welcome Back Kotter)
>c. The high school that Keith and Laurie Partridge went to
>d. The high school that Greg and Marcia Brady went to
>e. Carver High School (White Shadow)
>
>7. If you were a character on Happy Days and/or Welcome Back Kotter,
>where would you fit in?

On both show I'd be that guy kind of on the fringes of the in crowd, while not
quite in that crowd.

>8. Which Brady Bunch character would you get along with best?

Alice

>9. Who would you want to baby sit you as a child? Which (if any) of
>these would you allow to babysit your kid, or some kid you know? Why?

I'm going to say Oscar. Because we would be watching Mets games and making
messes around the house. However, when I turned a little older, I would ask
Oscar to leave and invite Chrissie Snow.

>a. Oscar Madison
>b. Reuben Kincaid
>c. Alice from the Brady Bunch
>d. Samantha Stevens
>e. Steve McGarrett
>f. Les Nessman
>g. JJ from Good Times
>h. Chrissie Snow (Suzanne Sommers on Three's Company)
>i. Fish
>j. Dr. Johnny Fever
>k. Mary and Rhoda
>l. Mr. Grant
>m. Edith Bunker
>n. Reverend Jim Ignatowski
>o. Rod Serling
>p. Chuck Barris
>
>10. Favorite curmudgeon?
>
>a. Lou Grant
>b. Louie DePalma
>c. Mr. Woodman
>d. Fred Sanford
>e. Shirley from What's Happening!!
>f. Mel Sharples

Tie between Mel and Mr. Woodman.

>11. Favorite obscure TV program from the 70s that no one seems to
>remember?

I was a hormonal teenager who just loved the $1.98 Beauty Show. When I mention
it a lot of people go HUH?

>12. Favorite youth oriented music show?

Bandstand

>13. Favorite sports oriented show?

I loved TWIB, but I don't think that was kid oriented though.

>14. Favorie all time Saturday morning show?

Justice League

>15. Favorite after school show?

The 4:30 Movie, especially Beach Movie Week. 2nd place Abbot and Costello

>16. What shows did you watch with your family?

None, TV was a solo experience.

>17. What shows would the rest of your family refuse to watch with you?

It never really came up. My family weas not as enamored of sports as I was.

>18. What shows have you seen so often that you know the storyline by
>heart for just about any episode?

None really. I usually have to see a few minutes before I can tell the
storyline. Probably Happy Days more than any other though

>19. Did you have a favorite local kiddie show host?

Not Really

>20. Favorite horror show or horror movie broadcast series?

Monster week on thbe 4:30 movie.

Dave Spiegel

Dixon Hayes

Jan 27, 2001, 10:34:57 PM1/27/01
>1. Top 3-10 favorite 70s shows (any genre)?
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
M*A*S*H
The Rockford Files

>2. Top 3-10 favorite 70s sitcoms?

The Mary Tyler Moore Show
M*A*S*H
All in the Family

>3. Favorite crime drama?
The Rockford Files

>4. Top 3-10 favorite 70s non-sitcoms?

The Rockford Files
Baretta
The Night Stalker

>5. Where would you have preferred to work? Why?
a. The WJM Newsroom

Being in this line of work I would *love* to have Mary produce my newscast,
Murray to right it...and I could pretty much deal with Lou. And years ago I
*did* work with a Ted Baxter!

>6. Which high school would you have preferred attending? Why?

Walt Whitman (Room 222)
I would just fit in here...seemed like "my type" were the most prominently
featured students on the show.

>7. If you were a character on Happy Days and/or Welcome Back Kotter,
>where would you fit in?

I would probably be a fourth member of the Richie/Potsie/Ralph clique.

>8. Which Brady Bunch character would you get along with best?

probably Jan; realistically Marcia wouldn't give me the time of day :-(

>9. Who would you want to baby sit you as a child? Which (if any) of
>these would you allow to babysit your kid, or some kid you know? Why?

Of the group, Edith would make the best babysitter, she would rock, she is very
nurturing. I would want Samantha to *have* my baby!

>10. Favorite curmudgeon?
>a. Lou Grant

I have known a lot of real Lou's in my time...

>11. Favorite obscure TV program from the 70s that no one seems to
>remember?

Arnie (Even if it did replace "Mayberry RFD")

>12. Favorite youth oriented music show?

Midnight Special (loved the Wolfman!)

>13. Favorite sports oriented show?

ABC's Wide World of Sports (remember the day Evel Knievel jumped Snake River
Canyon??)

>14. Favorie all time Saturday morning show?

The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show (even if it didn't start out that way);
runnerup: Underdog

>15. Favorite after school show?

ABC Afterschool Special; runners up: Match Game, reruns of "The Munsters"

>16. What shows did you watch with your family?

The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, The Wonderful World of Disney, Lassie,
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, and Daktari

>17. What shows would the rest of your family refuse to watch with you?

The Mary Tyler Moore Show (I was kind of mature as a child)

>18. What shows have you seen so often that you know the storyline by
>heart for just about any episode?

I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Andy Griffith Show, Gilligan's Island, The
Brady Bunch, All in the Family, M*A*S*H, Seinfeld

>19. Did you have a favorite local kiddie show host?

Cousin Cliff who showed Popeye in Birmingham and The Three Stooges (later Yogi
and friends) in Anniston, Alabama...he is a legend in these parts and still
tours with his magic show.

>20. Favorite horror show or horror movie broadcast series?

Can't remember the Wolfman's name who hosted it but it was "Friday Night
Frights" on WTCG, Channel 17 in Atlanta (forerunner of Superstation TBS)

Dixon
=============
"Let's dance, Maude...you're starting to get to me!"
--Barney Fife

Remember THE Hollywood Squares...the original and the best
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

Oil Impressionist

Jan 28, 2001, 1:39:54 AM1/28/01
What a well thought out survey, thanks!!!!

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote:
> 1. Top 3-10 favorite 70s shows (any genre)?

M*A*S*H, Little House, Starsky & Hutch

> 2. Top 3-10 favorite 70s sitcoms?

M*A*S*H, All in the Family, Barney Miller

> 3. Favorite crime drama?

Starsky & Hutch

> 4. Top 3-10 favorite 70s non-sitcoms?

Family, Little House, Waltons which I didn't really get to see until a
couple years ago, Emergency, Medical Center . . . Hardy Boys

> 5. Where would you have preferred to work? Why?
>
> a. The WJM Newsroom
> b. As an architect at Mike Brady's firm
> c. On the loading dock with Archie Bunker
> d. The Taxi garage
> e. As a detective in Barnie Miller's squad room
> f. At the medical complex from The Bob Newhart Show
> g. At the junkyard with Sanford and Son
> h. At WKRP in Cincinnati
> i. Mel's Diner

All of the above!!

> 6. Which high school would you have preferred attending? Why?

Keith Partridge High School :)

> 7. If you were a character on Happy Days and/or Welcome Back Kotter,
> where would you fit in?

Welcome Back Kotter, for sure

> 8. Which Brady Bunch character would you get along with best?

Alice

> 9. Who would you want to baby sit you as a child? Which (if any) of
> these would you allow to babysit your kid, or some kid you know? Why?

I think Fish and Bernice would be fun, but I have to say that since
Keith Partridge was in high school while I was in elementary school, I
would have rather had him sit with me. As far as the best sitter, I
would think Alice would do best. How 'bout Jeannie? She'd be a kick!!

> a. Oscar Madison
> b. Reuben Kincaid
> c. Alice from the Brady Bunch
> d. Samantha Stevens
> e. Steve McGarrett
> f. Les Nessman
> g. JJ from Good Times
> h. Chrissie Snow (Suzanne Sommers on Three's Company)
> i. Fish
> j. Dr. Johnny Fever
> k. Mary and Rhoda
> l. Mr. Grant
> m. Edith Bunker
> n. Reverend Jim Ignatowski
> o. Rod Serling
> p. Chuck Barris
>
> 10. Favorite curmudgeon?
>
> a. Lou Grant

No contest. He has the most class of them all

> 11. Favorite obscure TV program from the 70s that no one seems to
> remember?

Lotsa Luck with Dom Deluise

> 12. Favorite youth oriented music show?

Am Bandstand

> 13. Favorite sports oriented show?

WW of Sports

> 14. Favorie all time Saturday morning show?

Pink Panther

> 15. Favorite after school show?

Match Game

> 16. What shows did you watch with your family?

Everything, cuz my folks thought it was cool too.

> 17. What shows would the rest of your family refuse to watch with
you?

My mother is the only one who would watch the Patridge Family or Brady
Bunch with me. In turn, I watched old black and white movies with her.

> 18. What shows have you seen so often that you know the storyline by
> heart for just about any episode?

M*A*S*H . . . "I've eaten a river of liver and an ocean of fish! I've
eaten so much fish, I'm ready to grow gills! I've eaten so much liver,
I can only make love if I'm smothered in onions!"

> 19. Did you have a favorite local kiddie show host?

Dr. Bob, I think his name was. He was on at lunch, and there was a
black sock "mouse" in a clock named Winchester and they had Elmer the
safety elephant.

> 20. Favorite horror show or horror movie broadcast series?

I didn't get into that kind of thing until Stephen King movies.

Fantastic, Tom!!

Dawna

aleen the karaoke queen

Jan 28, 2001, 2:03:15 AM1/28/01
Well as always Tom, you came up with another great thread! :-)

antipos...@my-deja.com wrote:

> 1. Top 3-10 favorite 70s shows (any genre)?

This is tougher than I thought it would be!

All In the Family
Rhoda
Little House On the Prairie (ok, call me sappy!)
Maude
One Day At A Time
Family
Macmillan and Wife
Columbo
Emergency! (ok I was just a kid!)
Apple's Way, I'm preparing to be mocked!

> 2. Top 3-10 favorite 70s sitcoms?

The ones mentioned above as well as:
Mary Tyler Moore
The Jeffersons
The Brady Bunch
Good Times
Happy Days

> 3. Favorite crime drama?

Gosh, I guess I'd say Columbo

> 4. Top 3-10 favorite 70s non-sitcoms?

The ones mentioned above and:
Quincy
Kojak

> 5. Where would you have preferred to work? Why?
>
> a. The WJM Newsroom
> b. As an architect at Mike Brady's firm
> c. On the loading dock with Archie Bunker
> d. The Taxi garage
> e. As a detective in Barnie Miller's squad room
> f. At the medical complex from The Bob Newhart Show
> g. At the junkyard with Sanford and Son
> h. At WKRP in Cincinnati
> i. Mel's Diner

I would have to say h., because I am a music fanatic and I have a THING
for guys who either love music or are musicians, I would probably be
hitting on Venus all the time! :-)

> 6. Which high school would you have preferred attending? Why?
>
> a. Walt Whitman (Room 222)
> b. James Buchanan (Welcome Back Kotter)
> c. The high school that Keith and Laurie Partridge went to
> d. The high school that Greg and Marcia Brady went to
> e. Carver High School (White Shadow)

Gosh, probably choice b. because of Vinnie Barbarino

> 7. If you were a character on Happy Days and/or Welcome Back Kotter,
> where would you fit in?

Hmmmm, these are tough! I'd probably be a "square" bookish chick on
Happy Days that none of Richie's gang wants to date but is good friends
with the best looking chick in town so the good looking girl gets a
date with Potsie but only if he will get a date for her friend (me).
On Welcome Back Kotter, I would want to be Julie, but I'd probably be a
teacher.

> 8. Which Brady Bunch character would you get along with best?

Definitely Jan! I can relate to her neurotic behaviour and her having
to compete with a "golden child" older sister (my sister was head
cheerleader in high school, I, on the other hand was a "band geek")

> 9. Who would you want to baby sit you as a child? Which (if any) of
> these would you allow to babysit your kid, or some kid you know? Why?
>
> a. Oscar Madison
> b. Reuben Kincaid
> c. Alice from the Brady Bunch
> d. Samantha Stevens
> e. Steve McGarrett
> f. Les Nessman
> g. JJ from Good Times
> h. Chrissie Snow (Suzanne Sommers on Three's Company)
> i. Fish
> j. Dr. Johnny Fever
> k. Mary and Rhoda
> l. Mr. Grant
> m. Edith Bunker
> n. Reverend Jim Ignatowski
> o. Rod Serling
> p. Chuck Barris

I would have wanted Chuck Barris to babysit me as a child! I would
have loved to play with the gong! But my parents would have never
wanted someone like him to babysit! If I had a child I'd probably want
Edith Bunker to babysit because of her sweet, kind, gentle nature. She
would be great with kids!

> 10. Favorite curmudgeon?
>
> a. Lou Grant
> b. Louie DePalma
> c. Mr. Woodman
> d. Fred Sanford
> e. Shirley from What's Happening!!
> f. Mel Sharples

Louie DePalma

> 11. Favorite obscure TV program from the 70s that no one seems to
> remember?

I know this is from early 1980 but would you let me say Pink Lady and
Jeff?? I just LOVE this show! :-) Good unintentionally hilarious
entertainment!

> 12. Favorite youth oriented music show?

Midnight Special, by far!

> 13. Favorite sports oriented show?

Oh not a sports fan!

> 14. Favorie all time Saturday morning show?

Lancelot Link/Secret Chimp!

> 15. Favorite after school show?

I remember watching reruns of Carol Burnett after school, I loved it!

> 16. What shows did you watch with your family?

Honestly, I don't really remember my whole family watching tv together,
it was either both my sister and I watching something like Alice or the
Jeffersons, or That's Incredible! Now there was a show! or it was my
parents watching nighttime shows like "Hart to Hart" or the news, but
we rarely to never watched tv together!

> 17. What shows would the rest of your family refuse to watch with
you?

Benny Hill and Three's Company! When I was quite small I used to sneak
out of bed at night after my family went to bed to watch Benny Hill
(though I don't think I "got" most of the jokes), and one day at school
all the kids had to talk about their favourite tv show, so I proceeded
to tell my class that my favourite show was Benny Hill, and I talked
about the part where the "lady's boobies grew bigger and bigger" and my
teacher interrupted with "THAT'S ENOUGH!" and she actually SPOKE to my
parents about letting me watch Benny Hill and they were horrified!

> 18. What shows have you seen so often that you know the storyline by
> heart for just about any episode?

Oh definitely the Brady Bunch! I have seen those shows so many times I
am able to determine what episode it is within a few seconds!!! Pretty
sad eh?

> 19. Did you have a favorite local kiddie show host?

In Thunder Bay? HAHAHAHAHA!

> 20. Favorite horror show or horror movie broadcast series?

We used to get Duluth channels and they had this show called the
Matinee Money Movie, and they'd always play some cheesy horror movie
and halfway through they'd pick a name out of this draw and they'd
phone the person and ask them about something in the movie. Sometimes
they'd call someone from Thunder Bay, which was always neat!

How about you, Tom?

Have a great day guys! :-)

aleen the karaoke queen

WiNK

Jan 28, 2001, 10:49:24 AM1/28/01
I totally forgot about Little House. I still love that show. :-)

Nadine

Oil Impressionist <oil_impr...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

rach

Jan 28, 2001, 12:30:00 PM1/28/01
I always wondered what happened to some of the cast... like the guy that
played Albert and the rest of the kids.

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
WiNK <tcbel...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

rach

Jan 28, 2001, 12:32:01 PM1/28/01
PS forgot to say that this show brings me some of the best memories of my
childhood. My mom had meetings every Monday night and my dad and I would
have a standing date to watch Little House. I'd sit next to him -
practically glued to his side and wait for 7 when it started. He usually had
a treat of Rosebuds or Chocolate Covered Peanuts with a glass of milk. He
worked as a teacher full time so it was one of those rare weeknights where
he was all mine and not marking papers or something. Thanks Nadine for
reminding me :)

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
by and by...

WiNK

Jan 28, 2001, 1:18:10 PM1/28/01
Ugh...I always hated Albert! When he was on the show, I lost a lot of
interest. :-0

Nadine

rach <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

The Man From Mars

Jan 28, 2001, 10:47:40 PM1/28/01

>1. Top 3-10 favorite 70s shows (any genre)?

1. Night Gallery
2. Planet of the Apes
3. Night Stalker

>2. Top 3-10 favorite 70s sitcoms?

1. Happy Days
2. All in the Family
3. Love American Style

>3. Favorite crime drama?

Hawaii Five-O

>4. Top 3-10 favorite 70s non-sitcoms?

1. Night Gallery
2. Star Trek (Syndication)
3. Carol Burnett Show

>5. Where would you have preferred to work? Why?

h. At WKRP in Cincinnati

It would have been a blast in the 70's.

>6. Which high school would you have preferred attending? Why?

b. James Buchanan (Welcome Back Kotter)

I want to be a Sweathog (Sounds like a Ramones song)

>7. If you were a character on Happy Days and/or Welcome Back Kotter,
>where would you fit in?

I would fit it anywhere on Happy Days.

>8. Which Brady Bunch character would you get along with best?

Marcia (Obvious reasons)

>9. Who would you want to baby sit you as a child? Which (if any) of
>these would you allow to babysit your kid, or some kid you know? Why?

d. Samantha Stevens (#1 Choice hands down)

h. Chrissie Snow (Suzanne Sommers on Three's Company) (Would love to play
spin the bottle with)

o. Rod Serling (Would love to discuss Twilight Zone)

>10. Favorite curmudgeon?

d. Fred Sanford

>11. Favorite obscure TV program from the 70s that no one seems to
>remember?

Planet of the Apes

>12. Favorite youth oriented music show?

Don Kirshners Rock Concert

>13. Favorite sports oriented show?

Monday Night Football

>14. Favorie all time Saturday morning show?

Land of the Lost

>15. Favorite after school show?

Andy Griffith (Syndication)

>16. What shows did you watch with your family?

Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, Carol Burnett

>17. What shows would the rest of your family refuse to watch with you?

Night Gallery

>18. What shows have you seen so often that you know the storyline by
>heart for just about any episode?

Andy Griffith (Not even close)

>19. Did you have a favorite local kiddie show host?

Benny Carl

>20. Favorite horror show or horror movie broadcast series?

Creature Feature (Out of Nashville Mid -70's) "Did someone call? Oh! there
you are)

joseph manfredi

Jan 30, 2001, 12:01:05 PM1/30/01

WiNK wrote:

> I totally forgot about Little House. I still love that show. :-)
>
> Nadine

Though as a kid during '75/'76 I was mostly into action dramas like
"The Six Million Dollar Man" and "Emergency", comedy shows like "All In
The Family" and "Welcome Back Kotter", and variety shows like "Carol
Burnett" and "Donny And Marie" at the time, I still liked "Little House
On The Praire" ALOT for multiple reasons......primarily though because I
had a somewhat major crush on Melissa Sue Anderson at the time!! :)

Joseph