The death of this newsgroup

1 view

David Base

Oct 28, 1994, 10:01:45 AM10/28/94
We are witnessing the death of this group. Anyone have any theories as to
why?

db

s...@ctdvx5.priv.ornl.gov

Oct 28, 1994, 4:33:45 PM10/28/94
In article <dbase-281...@mac126.bbn.com>, db...@bbn.com (David Base) writes:
> We are witnessing the death of this group. Anyone have any theories as to
> why?

Because it's not a very controversial subject, and doesn't generate long, nasty
flame wars? This is what keeps many other newsgroups alive.

John

> db

Chris

Oct 31, 1994, 12:52:57 AM10/31/94
gim...@mirage.skypoint.net (Charles Gimon) writes:

>David Base (db...@bbn.com) wrote:
>: We are witnessing the death of this group. Anyone have any theories as to
>: why?
>
>Maybe polyester doesn't last forever, contrary to what we've heard.

If it doesn't last, don't wear it! I never did and I grew up in the 1970's.
I always wore blue jeans & t-shirts the way I was supposed to.

-(CJW)