OT Am I a "Bleeding-Heart Liberal" For Feeling The Way I Do?

MollyFa

Sep 11, 2001, 6:04:43β€―PM9/11/01
I ask this, because on the news they're talking about miltary
retaliation on the Middle East. I think if we get the military envolved
all hell will break loose, and more people will get killed. As I said
in an earlier post having this knee jerk "well let's go bomb all of the
Middle East" will only cause more harm than good. IMHO. But in this
society my opinions are called, "Bleeding-heart" and I'm a "fucking
liberal who would rather have the terrorists have their ways."
I think those bastards who did this should be punished, but attacking a
whole nation isn't right. So go ahead call me a "fucking bleeding heart
liberal" I don't care.

Molly

rach

Sep 11, 2001, 7:29:30β€―PM9/11/01
No you aren't a bleeding heart liberal, you *are* someone that needs to open
her fucking eyes. I mean, COME ON... who do you think did this? Who
threatened this very kind of action?? If it isn't the military that gets
involved, then who do you suggest? Pee Wee Herman? Charles Manson? The cast
from the Drew Carey show?

All I have to say is, thank your lucky stars that you don't know anyone that
was in the mess today. I am sure you would have a different opinion if you
were involved that way.

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
MollyFa <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

WiNK

Sep 11, 2001, 8:14:07β€―PM9/11/01
Way to go, Rach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is not about "revenge."
It's about doing what is called for...... it's attitudes like Molly's that
make terrorists think we are an "easy target." We can't just curl up and
ignore what happened. We can't be vulnerable and soft and give the
terrorists a nice big hug and make up. These are crazy people..... and they
deserve the punishment that is coming.

Nadine

rach <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

rach

Sep 11, 2001, 8:47:16β€―PM9/11/01
Thanks Nadine... I sent that post and worried about it a little, thinking I
sounded too harsh. It's just that you see people getting away with shit
again and again and you ask yourself - when is enough is enough and how much
shit does one body of people take. It's like sex offenders - let them fry.

Personally, when I heard about this tragedy my first thoughts were of the NY
crew and I wondered how I would feel if any of them were hurt or worse in
this day. After Emailing Kelly all day long, I was furious with these
fuckers for putting that kind of fear into my friend - a friend I have never
met but love as I love all my friends. In this little group, I *so* believe
that we have been brought together for a reason and it never ceases to amaze
me at how we care for each other... although in other groups, people have
been posting about the trouble in the states - this is the only one where we
are concerned with our friends in the city.

So as far as "those bastards that did it being punished" I think its pretty
hard to punish whatever is left of those mental defects. I think there is a
force that is behind them that needs to be punished - a force that isn't
about to get his hands dirty with the work of being directly involved with
an attack like this or the blood of the victims on his hands - *that* is the
guy or guys I want to see fry.

sorry about the rant

--

rach
"cheer up, my brother, come live in the sunshine - we'll understand it all
by and by..."

WiNK <elvis...@yahoopride.com> wrote in message

Tiny Dancer

Sep 11, 2001, 9:18:37β€―PM9/11/01
And so the word went out from "rach" <trist...@hotmail.com>:

>Thanks Nadine... I sent that post and worried about it a little, thinking I
>sounded too harsh. It's just that you see people getting away with shit
>again and again and you ask yourself - when is enough is enough and how much
>shit does one body of people take. It's like sex offenders - let them fry.
>
>Personally, when I heard about this tragedy my first thoughts were of the NY
>crew and I wondered how I would feel if any of them were hurt or worse in
>this day. After Emailing Kelly all day long, I was furious with these
>fuckers for putting that kind of fear into my friend - a friend I have never
>met but love as I love all my friends. In this little group, I *so* believe
>that we have been brought together for a reason and it never ceases to amaze
>me at how we care for each other... although in other groups, people have
>been posting about the trouble in the states - this is the only one where we
>are concerned with our friends in the city.
>
>So as far as "those bastards that did it being punished" I think its pretty
>hard to punish whatever is left of those mental defects. I think there is a
>force that is behind them that needs to be punished - a force that isn't
>about to get his hands dirty with the work of being directly involved with
>an attack like this or the blood of the victims on his hands - *that* is the
>guy or guys I want to see fry.
>
>sorry about the rant

Rant on, Rach, I agree with every word. Fying is too good for 'em, they
should be ripped apart alive by wild dogs or something equally nasty.
There's something you won't hear Miss Sally Sunshine here say often!

And I've seen other groups worrying about their fellow posters but not
to the degree I believe we felt and continue to feel here (where the hell
is Naz?!). I cherish each and every one of you people today, even the
lurkers I've never met.

TD

recsec

Sep 11, 2001, 9:30:03β€―PM9/11/01

"rach" <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No you aren't a bleeding heart liberal, you *are* someone that needs to
open
> her fucking eyes. I mean, COME ON... who do you think did this? Who
> threatened this very kind of action?? If it isn't the military that gets
> involved, then who do you suggest? Pee Wee Herman? Charles Manson? The
cast
> from the Drew Carey show?
>
> All I have to say is, thank your lucky stars that you don't know anyone
that
> was in the mess today. I am sure you would have a different opinion if you
> were involved that way.

Right on Rach!!! I just got home. I had to go to a Union meeting today that
took all day. Then I get home & see that someone wants to just turn the
other cheek against these sons of goat whores. Well I guess those kinds of
people will always exist. I however am for just nuking the entire Middle
East. All these sick fucks have been fighting & raising shit with each
other, & cuasing problems for the entire world, for 2000 years now with no
end in sight. So to hell with them. They brought this on themselves. Rule #1
in a fight is: Don't point a gun at someone unless you are ready to use it.
Well they were ready to use it & they did use it. So *WE* reserve the right
to respond as harshly, swiftly, & viciously as we feel like until we get a
nut over it. It's THEIR fault this attack happened on us. So they should &
WILL pay the most serious penalty known to man.

God Bless America!!!

Billy

DL

Sep 11, 2001, 9:54:13β€―PM9/11/01
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:29:30 -0400, "rach" <trist...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

MollyFa <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> I ask this, because on the news they're talking about miltary
> retaliation on the Middle East. I think if we get the military envolved
> all hell will break loose, and more people will get killed. As I said
> in an earlier post having this knee jerk "well let's go bomb all of the
> Middle East" will only cause more harm than good. IMHO. But in this
> society my opinions are called, "Bleeding-heart" and I'm a "fucking
> liberal who would rather have the terrorists have their ways."
> I think those bastards who did this should be punished, but attacking a
> whole nation isn't right. So go ahead call me a "fucking bleeding heart
> liberal" I don't care.
>
> Molly

You are pathetic and you disgust me.

Why don't you go move in with Bin Laden. Then we can take you down
when we flatten his ass.

Geez, why didn't I put your new address in my killfile. My future
son-in-law works in DC at the Capital, which may have been the target
for the other plane. My sis-in-law worked at the WTC for several
years. She would be dead right now if they hadn't left New York.

Figure it out you moron!

dougbaker

Sep 12, 2001, 1:42:27β€―AM9/12/01
My God, all this hate and anger. It's bad enough what happened today,
but to hear so many otherwise nice people wanting to strike the first
available targets, it's more than I can stomach. There's a right way and
several wrong ways to do this. Let's do it right.
Far be it from me to stick up for Molly, who hasn't always been nice to
me, where you all have, but here are my true feelings. I don't care what
hateful things you say or think about me. I have to speak my piece.
I don't watch much TV...
I just heard the news when I went to the grocery store a few minutes
ago. I'm forty-five years old, and it's the first time I've ever seen an
"EXTRA--EXTRA--EXTRA" in massive type staring at me. It scared the bejeezus
out of me. The Pentagon and the World Trade Center. Jesus... It's
strange... I know I'll be unpopular in saying, right up front, that I blame
much of the misery in the world on those two places. But once I saw the
cowardly attack, the way it went down, and pictured all those people, real
people, in the buildings and on the airliners that knew they were going to
die, I was sick... sick as Hell. Not just at heart, I was physically sick.
It hit me like a pile driver in the gut. No matter what our ideological
differences, they're Americans, with the same feelings about their mortality
that we all have. I can't imagine what their last thoughts were. It's
something that is indescribable, something there are no words for. Their
lives are lost, ripped from them in a cowardly, obscene, and heinous way.
Their families and friends will have to deal with a grief that I cannot even
begin to comprehend. I have a feeling, an extremely horrendous
gut-wrenching feeling, that this is only the beginning.

I got down on my knees and prayed. This time, I belonged on my knees.
I prayed most of all that Dubya will Keep His Cool and the Pentagon Folks
won't Wig Out. This could get a helluva lot worse. I pray it doesn't
escalate. You know my feelings on George Bush. I've been very outspoken
about my perceptions of him and what he's capable of since I first posted
two years ago. This is The Test. I pray he gets us through this
Tribulation appropriately, but I fear he does not know the meaning of the
words "restraint" or "moderation."
God, please let me be wrong this time, but I can see it as vividly as
if it's already come to pass...
It's not going to do any of us any good to just strike out at the first
thing that looks like the Boogy Man. If we do that, we're no better than
they are. After hearing some of the people here today, I wonder exactly how
much of this stuff we really do bring on ourselves...
I hope Buddy is alright, and anyone else that's from the NYC area.
In the meantime, I'm going to go and donate blood. It's the only thing
I can do right now that will really matter. Words mean nothing in times
like these.
---doug

recsec

Sep 11, 2001, 11:20:36β€―PM9/11/01

"dougbaker" <zap...@voyager.net> wrote in message

> This is The Test. I pray he gets us through this
> Tribulation appropriately, but I fear he does not know the meaning of the
> words "restraint" or "moderation."

I for one certaintly hope he does not even have these words in his
vocabulary.

God Bless America

Billy

DA66

Sep 11, 2001, 11:45:44β€―PM9/11/01
>Right on Rach!!! I just got home. I had to go to a Union meeting today that
>took all day. Then I get home & see that someone wants to just turn the
>other cheek against these sons of goat whores. Well I guess those kinds of
>people will always exist. I however am for just nuking the entire Middle
>East. All these sick fucks have been fighting & raising shit with each
>other, & cuasing problems for the entire world, for 2000 years now with no
>end in sight. So to hell with them. They brought this on themselves. Rule #1
>in a fight is: Don't point a gun at someone unless you are ready to use it.
>Well they were ready to use it & they did use it. So *WE* reserve the right
>to respond as harshly, swiftly, & viciously as we feel like until we get a
>nut over it. It's THEIR fault this attack happened on us. So they should &
>WILL pay the most serious penalty known to man.
>
>God Bless America!!!
>
>Billy

AMEN!! ....and pass the ammunition.

DA66

Sep 11, 2001, 11:48:42β€―PM9/11/01
>I for one certaintly hope he does not even have these words in his
>vocabulary.
>
>God Bless America
>
>Billy

My cousin was in the Pentagon at the time of the attack. He's okay, but it took
hours for his wife to find out. Get the sons-of-bitches.

MollyFa

Sep 12, 2001, 12:11:47β€―AM9/12/01
Doug, I don't blame them for their reactions. After watching more news coverage
and seeing the full extent of the damage I think there should be something
done. They should find out who did it, and see who told them to do it, and then
do whatever they can to stop them. If that means by bombing than go for it.
But, I think we all should at least try to keep doing normal stuff. I know in
NYC and Washington DC it's going to be hard, but I've learned that to try to
keep yourself calm, you should keep with your normal routine. I'm going to try
to do that tomorrow.
Also, if you're having News overload either turn off the TV and put on some
music, put in a movie or put on a cable station that is showing regular shows.
That's what I'm doing now. I'm watching Animal Planet right now. I don't know
watching animals calms me down. I'm thinking on putting either Monty Python or
Whose Line Is It Anyway? on. Laughter is the best medicine for times like this.

Molly

Yeff

Sep 12, 2001, 1:30:07β€―AM9/12/01
In article <3b9ed175$0$1524$272e...@news.execpc.com>,
dougbaker<zap...@voyager.net> wrote in
alt.culture.us.1970s:

> I got down on my knees and prayed. This time, I belonged on my knees.
> I prayed most of all that Dubya will Keep His Cool and the Pentagon Folks
> won't Wig Out. This could get a helluva lot worse. I pray it doesn't
> escalate. You know my feelings on George Bush. I've been very outspoken
> about my perceptions of him and what he's capable of since I first posted
> two years ago. This is The Test. I pray he gets us through this
> Tribulation appropriately, but I fear he does not know the meaning of the
> words "restraint" or "moderation."

"War is an ugly thing, but it is not the ugliest of things; the
decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks
that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for
which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own
personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being
free, unless made and kept so by better men than himself."

-John Stuart Mill

--------

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

recsec

Sep 12, 2001, 2:13:51β€―AM9/12/01

"Yeff" <ye...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> "War is an ugly thing, but it is not the ugliest of things; the
> decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks
> that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for
> which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own
> personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being
> free, unless made and kept so by better men than himself."
>
> -John Stuart Mill
>
> --------
>
> -Jeff B.
> yeff at erols dot com

Thank You.

God Bless America

Billy

Yeff

Sep 12, 2001, 2:35:42β€―AM9/12/01
In article <z2Dn7.3437$eo4.98...@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>,
recsec<rec...@flash.net> wrote in
alt.culture.us.1970s:

> Thank You.
>
> God Bless America
>
> Billy

Get some sleep. That's an order.

-Jeff B. (not getting any sleep)

Kelly

Sep 12, 2001, 3:11:56β€―AM9/12/01

Yeff" wrote

> recsec<rec...@flash.net> wrote in
> alt.culture.us.1970s:
>
> > Thank You.
> >
> > God Bless America
> >
> > Billy
>
> Get some sleep. That's an order.
>
> -Jeff B. (not getting any sleep)
> yeff at erols dot com

I am not sleeping either.

Kelly

Yeff

Sep 12, 2001, 3:28:08β€―AM9/12/01
In article <0VDn7.5441$cO3.61...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>,
Kelly<spide...@yahoo.com> wrote in
alt.culture.us.1970s:

> > > Billy
> >
> > Get some sleep. That's an order.
> >
> > -Jeff B. (not getting any sleep)
> > yeff at erols dot com
>
> I am not sleeping either.
>
> Kelly

I know.

I keep telling myself it's okay to cry
but I haven't yet.

-Jeff B.

Nanc

Sep 12, 2001, 7:18:29β€―AM9/12/01
Smart man.
They WILL catch who did this and I hope they fry. They're willing to die for
their beliefs? Good because they are all going straight to Hell!!! (the
highjackers are already there-enjoy yourselves you scum)
Nanc

Stevie Nice

Sep 12, 2001, 8:35:34β€―AM9/12/01
MollyFa <molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<3B9E8A68...@worldnet.att.net>...

Molly, your problem with people is summed up in the last sentence of
all your posts, "so go ahead and -----, I don't care" It's that
defiance, that makes people resent you.

Now unfortunately, reducing the middle east to rubble is about the
only thing those fucking morons understand, and if that is how we have
to go about our business, so be it.

MollyFa

Sep 12, 2001, 9:41:24β€―AM9/12/01
Stevie, did you read my last post in this thread. I said after watching more coverage and hearing
people's reactions I basically changed my tune. But I still think we shouldn't go in there and just
bomb willy nilly. We should find out who did this and then bomb the places where these terrorists are.
Yes, there's going to be loss of lives, but there was loss of lives here. I know that's almost a total
180 turn for me, but I've been watching wall to wall news coverage and my anger and frustration of this
whole situation has totally changed my mind.
I'm so proud I'm an American. :)

Molly

Kelly

Sep 12, 2001, 10:31:43β€―AM9/12/01

"Yeff" wrote

> Kelly<spide...@yahoo.com> wrote in
> alt.culture.us.1970s:

> > > Get some sleep. That's an order.
> > >
> > > -Jeff B. (not getting any sleep)
> > > yeff at erols dot com
> >
> > I am not sleeping either.
> >
> > Kelly
>
> I know.
>
> I keep telling myself it's okay to cry
> but I haven't yet.
>
> -Jeff B.
> yeff at erols dot com

Jeff,

I cried all day yesterday, and you just got me started again today. I don't
have the courage to turn on the news today.

Kelly

recsec

Sep 12, 2001, 2:01:00β€―PM9/12/01

"Retro Man" <spamb...@nospam.org> wrote in message news:HQLn7.472761
> So everyone follow Giuliani's advice. Cool down. There WILL be
retribution.
> It must be swift and sure, but it should be surgical. Carpet bombing any
> country will surely cost us world goodwill just as the Protestants in
> Belfast turned the world against them with their grenades and shenanigans
> against defenseless schoolgirls. Besides, bombing them back to the stone
age
> doesn't help as these animals are barely out of the stone age.

Un-FUCKING-believable. That an American would say this. No they will NOT be
surgical strikes. They will be strikes into the country(s) that HARBOR these
sons of goat whores.Who give a flying fuck about Belfast & what they did or
didn't do?? And what the fuck is the rest of the world going to do to us
anyway?? Once they see how we react they wont want to fuck with us. American
interest & defense WILL ALWAYS COME FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING IN THE WORLD!!!! I
don't know if you were watching the TV yesterday, or have listened to the
radio, or have read a newspaper, or have talked to anybody at all today or
yesterday. But you sound like someone is uninformed. Here is what happened
yesterday.

AMERICA WAS ATTACKED!!!! WAR WAS DECLARED ON OUR COUNTRY. 10,000 OF OUR
COUNTRYMEN DIED IN AN ACT OF WAR!!!! MISSILES WERE SENT INTO THE WORLD TRADE
CENTER TWIN TOWERS YESTERDAY KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE WHOSE ONLY CRIME WAS
THAT THEY WENT TO WORK!!!

Now if you don't think we should respond to this declaration of war on
America then fine. You can go to Afghanistan & wait. We will soon be sending
you a package. I have ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT AT ALL FOR ANYBODY WHO SAYS WE
SHOULD NOT RESPOND WITH THE FULL FORCE OF OUR MILITARY MIGHT. NO RESPECT AT
ALL!!!!! PEOPLE LIKE THIS ARE NOT WORTHY OF RESPECT.

As for me I am just waiting for the word. Then I am going to pop a top on
cold one, sit back in my easy chair, & watch FOXnews as ANY terrorist
harboring country begins to glow. God how can Americans say the things YOU
have said?? HOW?!? I just don't get it & hopefully I never will

God Bless America

Billy (PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN & ALWAYS REALIZES THAT THE COUNTRY IS GREATER
THAN I. THEREFORE I AM ALWAYS PREPARED TO DIE FOR MY COUNTRY)

recsec

Sep 12, 2001, 2:08:02β€―PM9/12/01

"Retro Man" <spamb...@nospam.org> wrote in message news:HQLn7.472761> If
you really want to go quoting people, here's John Donne:

> "Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And so
> never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."
>
> Don't follow Melville's Ahab:
>
> ''To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for
> hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.''

Here's another quote for you:

"America will make no distinction between terrorist & those who harbor
terrorist" President George Walker Bush. September 11th, 2001

God Bless America

Billy

MollyFa

Sep 12, 2001, 5:54:31β€―PM9/12/01
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO CALM DOWN, PLEASE!!!!! Mayor Guiliani IS right. Knee jerk
reactions will only cause more harm than good. Do you want do go in and just
bomb away, without any investigation? If that happens all hell will break
loose. But I guess some people want all hell to break loose, and they don't
care who lives or dies. Some people rather just have a nuclear war. That's
what might happen if we just go bombing countries without investigating. I
agree those countries that harbor terrorists should be punished and any base
that has terrorist training should be attacked, but you have to calmly do it.
I'm just an emotional wreck right now. I think most everyone is that way. But
PLEASE let us all just CALM DOWN!!! Is that too hard to do?

Molly, who regrets ever starting this whole thing

Naz Reyes

Sep 12, 2001, 6:10:03β€―PM9/12/01

MollyFa wrote:

Molly, I will not call you names or anything of the sort. But, I will say
this, we have to let the world know that we are not gonna sit on our asses
anymore and take shit from the terrorists from the Middle East or ANYWHERE
in the world!

I'm not saying that we should bomb the whole Middle East, I'm saying that we
NEED to let them know that we are READY to retaliate and bomb THEM if we
need to do that, if we find enough information that they are behind all this
mess!

Fuck the sanctions, fuck all the diplomatic shit. We need to let them know
that WE are the most powerful nation on earth this time, and if we have
enough evidence that any Middle Eastern country is responsible for this, I
say let them have what they deserve!!! Maybe, for a change there WILL be
peace in the Middle East and the U.S.!!! Sigh.

-Naz

Naz Reyes

Sep 12, 2001, 6:28:28β€―PM9/12/01

Yeff wrote:

Same here. No tears, but I'm shocked, and I haven't been able to
function like the happy Naz I really am.

I'll be happy when I see the person, organization, or country that is
responsible for all this PUNISHED severely.

-Naz

Yeff

Sep 12, 2001, 6:31:08β€―PM9/12/01
In article <3B9FDD3B...@american.edu>,
Naz Reyes<n...@american.edu> wrote in
alt.culture.us.1970s:

> Fuck the sanctions, fuck all the diplomatic shit. We need to let them know
> that WE are the most powerful nation on earth this time, and if we have
> enough evidence that any Middle Eastern country is responsible for this, I
> say let them have what they deserve!!! Maybe, for a change there WILL be
> peace in the Middle East and the U.S.!!! Sigh.

NATO has invoked Article Five of its charter -
the attacks yesterday are now viewed as an
attack against the entire alliance.

When we've identified who is responsible there
will be a terrible reckoning.

Not if, when.

Stevie Nice

Sep 12, 2001, 6:46:17β€―PM9/12/01
OK, my apologies Molly, I posted before I read all posts in this
thread. However, I do notice you post things in one vein one minute
and waffle on follow ups. Isn't it possible that you think things
through b4 you post. It would make things easier on yourself if you
take a firm stand in one direction when it comes to anything.

np Without You by Digital Allies (I'm temporarily burnt out from news
coverage)

recsec

Sep 12, 2001, 6:52:40β€―PM9/12/01

> agree those countries that harbor terrorists should be punished and any
base
> that has terrorist training should be attacked, but you have to calmly do
it.

I ask any Military veterans here. Were you taught the finer points of how to
fight a calm war?? I myself was never in this Countries Military so I do not
know if such a thing exist. Would you please tell us about it??

> I'm just an emotional wreck right now. I think most everyone is that way.
But
> PLEASE let us all just CALM DOWN!!! Is that too hard to do?
>

> Molly, who regrets ever starting this whole thing

Well too fucking bad. You started it so you have to live with the
consequences of it. Just like terrorist in the Mid East have started this
war on us, they too will have to live with the consequences of it. You
started your sympathetic bullshit for the people who have waged war on
America. No you will NOT be allowed to fucking run this time. You will get
your fucking head out of the goddamn sand & open your eyes to what has
happened HERE!!!!! NOT WHAT *WILL* HAPPEN OVERSEAS!!!!

All sympathizers for America's enemies in this group will go in my killfile.
Go the hell on over there & dance in the fucking streets & party it up with
your brethren. The whole world is saying for us to bomb the HOLY shit out of
them, O but wait, one. . .cough cough. . . .person "says no. Well go ahead &
do it, just do it in a nice way."

God Bless America

Billy

recsec

Sep 12, 2001, 7:03:34β€―PM9/12/01

"Retro Man" <spamb...@nospam.org> wrote in message

Fuck you!!!!! I don't give a good goddamn as to what the fuck happened in
Israel or anywhere else that YOU care most about. I, unlike your sympathetic
for the terrorist asses, do however KNOW & CARE about what happened in New
York & D.C. As an American *THAT* is what I care about. I hate all you
fucking traitors. America *IS THE* country in the world. I don't feel bad
about saying it. Why do you?? Just join Molly & your other brothers in
dancing in the streets. Yeah all I see on the news is that a bunch of
fucking towel heads came here & committed an ACT OF WAR AGAINST AMERICA!!!
THEREFORE THEY NEED TO DIE!!! THEY ARE NOT WORTHY OF THE SAD LITTLE LIFE
THEY HAVE. Why does it upset you so to hear someone Put AMERICA & only
AMERICA first??? HUH?!?! Cos your a traitor to this country. Into my
killfile your goat smellin' ass goes.

God Bless America

Billy

MollyFa

Sep 12, 2001, 8:05:38β€―PM9/12/01
All I can say right now Billy is FUCK YOU!!!

Molly, who is plonking this whole thread in her ignore thread

Jamie

Sep 12, 2001, 10:03:53β€―PM9/12/01
>If you really want to go quoting people, here's John Donne:
>
>"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And so
>never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Thank you for this quote, as I have had comfort from some of the other
views and quotations that others have shared here. Since yesterday,
I've been struggling with my own feelings on this... being in Canada,
I think that I, among many other fellow Canadians, had become
complacent and believed in our safety and freedom. Yesterday pointed
out to us that our very lives are fragile. But to allow others to
trample on our freedom and take away human life, without any regard
for its preciousness, is to say the least, evil. And to me, that's
what we are dealing with. Evil in its purest form.

What rocked my world is the realization that this horrible tragedy has
shaken my whole belief system. I believed that peace in the world is
possible, by only peaceful means. How naive is that in the face of
yesterday's tragedy. I read in another NG today:

"may a spirit of Christian resolve be like a phoenix that rises from
the ashes of this awful tragedy."

I would like to extend the Christian resolve, to the resolve of all
people from around the world, as we unite against the evil. This
individual also wrote,

"We are a people of many lands and we come from ancestors who have
fought for the great freedom we currently enjoy. We will not be
shaken."

Yesterday serves as a grim and sobering reminder that each day is a
precious gift from God and that we need to show our love to those we
care so much about.

Jamie

Sunshine State

Sep 13, 2001, 3:09:39β€―AM9/13/01
I would hope that, if nothing else, a tragedy such as this would unite us as a
nation, as it did with Democrats and Republicans singing "God Bless America"
together the other night, with media actually *sharing* their exclusive news
footage with other stations, with an overpouring of people donating blood,
with people volunteering to travel to New York and help out. It is sad to
read the cruel things that have been said in this thread by people on both
sides. Ladan would be urinating on himself from laughing so hard if he
could see how he has divided us here, a microcosm of our larger society.

To the pro-peace people: A matter of national security, where the President
was targeted for assassination, is an emergency and cannot be taken lightly.
While you are entitled to your opinion, it is insensitive to the many people
grieving and worrying about missing family and friends to express it at this
time.

To the pro-retaliation group: Being proud of America means we have to be proud
also of our First Amendment and right of free speech. We cannot simultaneously
defend and attack that right; if we truly are for America and all that she
stands
for, then we must also accept opinions that may upset us.

Larry Naessens

Sep 13, 2001, 3:54:10β€―AM9/13/01

A horrible series of events such as this one breeds anger, as it
should. In this case, evil wears a human mask, though the mask
suggesting any form of humanity is a false one. Yet I'm making some
kind of an attempt to heal... perhaps too strong a word... but maybe
to survive and in some way move on. For me, there's simply no choice.
I could watch CNN until Ted Turner turns a record profit. I can
listen to hate and understand it as I feell it clutching at me, yet It
won't bring the dead back to their families, not a single soul. I can
hope that this country's government responds in a manner that leaves
no doubt as to its resolve, though I can't force it to do so. Still, I
am not powerless. None of us is. I can treasure my life, and I can
love those I love more than I did before, because they're with me, and
weren't stolen as were other people's loved ones. I can live taking
no days for granted. I can, as Jamie suggests, love the people I
care about. In that suggestion lives positive power, in a time when
everything around us shrieks of the negative.

I've never been what one would call devoted to TV news. Some may call
mine a simplistic stance, but I believe TV news emphasizes tragedies
over which I have no power. Not an original viewpoint, but one I've
worn for years.

In this case, I have learned what happened, and like everyone else,
grasp the knowledge that these events will forever live in a darkened
segment of my soul. Still, speaking for myself, a steady diet of
continued TV coverage will not help me begin to pick up the pieces
and one day heel... and heel we must. If we don't... they win.

Jamie said it very well, I believe. "Yesterday serves as a grim and

sobering reminder that each day is a
precious gift from God and that we need to show our love to those we
care so much about."

Amen, Love... Amen.

Larry

rach

Sep 13, 2001, 8:29:21β€―AM9/13/01
**deliberately and without hesitation (and finally)**

PLONK!

Sandy

Sep 13, 2001, 10:47:25β€―AM9/13/01
>Fuck the sanctions, fuck all the diplomatic shit. We need to let them know
>that WE are the most powerful nation on earth this time, and if we have
>enough evidence that any Middle Eastern country is responsible for this, I
>say let them have what they deserve!!! Maybe, for a change there WILL be
>peace in the Middle East and the U.S.!!! Sigh.
>
>-Naz

I have to say I agree Naz. Sitting around "talking" it out didn't help.
Sanctions didn't help. Trying to be diplomatic didn't help. All it did was
give them more and more courage to do what they just did. No more walking
around on egg shells...it's time to show that this is IT....for the safety and
welfare of our own country. We DO care about foreign affairs in this country,
BUT it shouldn't be a priority above our own care and safety. It reminds me of
a bully picking on another kid who can stand up for himself if need be but is
the non-aggresive quiet type. The bully picks and picks and starts getting so
cocky that he starts throwing punches. The only thing that will stop someone
like that is to pummel him just once and walk away...

Sandy

2-60
Class of 78

Crazy Fingers

Sep 13, 2001, 1:19:16β€―PM9/13/01
Most of these terrorist groups are willing to die for their warped beliefs
anyway. Why not help them do it?

CF/DP

"Sandy" <sand...@aol.com> wrote in message

Nanc

Sep 13, 2001, 2:35:18β€―PM9/13/01
I feel the same way. These people have poked us and poked us and we tried to
be diplomatic. Now they have stabbed us in the gut and need to get what they
deserve!
Nanc

Naz Reyes

Sep 13, 2001, 5:56:55β€―PM9/13/01

Sandy wrote:

Sandy, thank you for being on my side in these hard times. America has been very
forgiving to many countries in the world as far as international crime is concerned
and it seems to have only given some countries a chance to say that America isn't
serious about combating crime.

Now, there are countries out there who think we're just gonna sit on our asses and
do something close to nothing when it comes to terrorist attacks and such. THIS
isn't the time to do that. This is the time to show the world that we have the
POWER and WILL to smash anyone and anything that disturbs the security of America
and its people. We need to let the world know this...as soon as possible.

And if we have to hunt every, single person who is involved in terrorism and BURN
THEM for everyone to see, then so be it.

-Naz

Kelly

Sep 13, 2001, 6:39:08β€―PM9/13/01

> **deliberately and without hesitation (and finally)**
>
> PLONK!

I agree.

PLONK!

That feels so good.

Kelly

redace

Sep 13, 2001, 11:13:31β€―PM9/13/01

"Kelly" <spide...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I've watched quite a bit and I've hit overload. Oddly enough, I haven't
really been posting here much (until tonight) because I didn't have the
heart to go online. I don't know why really....maybe I just was afraid
of pouring my heart here. I just got off the phone with a friend of
mine in NYC a little while ago (I finally got through). I new she was
ok...I just wanted to hear her voice and know that her family was safe.
I don't know...I just can't seem to get my emotions in check lately.
Too much going on at home recently and now the rest of America. I guess
we all have our breaking points. Sorry for the babbling. :'(

Lori =^.^=

Dawna

Sep 14, 2001, 4:47:26β€―AM9/14/01
I have read all of your posts in this thread, Molly, so I do see that you
have made a 180 degree turn in your feelings for this event.

Please allow me to express my view.

How dare you? How dare you take such a tragedy as this and twist it around
for your personal interests? Once again you have turned the group against
you, only to turn yourself around and attempt to gain sympathy. I am more
than tired of your interminable need for an etiquette/social
intercourse/problem-solving education.

For the cause, I'm proud to live in America, I'm sickened by the tragedy,
I'm heartened by the heroes, and I'm overwhelmed by the abounding brotherly
and sisterly love I have heard of secondhand from Buddy. Lastly, I'm
disgusted by the anger I have witnessed in this group, between people I
consider my family. While I completely understand their need vent it here,
(I'm glad you obliged with an open target) and I would defend their right to
express their individual views in every way they wish, I do not and will not
condone your need to begin such arguments in this group.

This group is not here for your sole gratification! It is a group, in every
sense of the word. It is many caring people gathered together to experience
each others' friendships and viewpoints. When you can develop a coherent
opinion of your own, instead of kicking up dust and sitting back with a
satisfied grin on your face to watch the shit hit the fan, then I might
believe your words could hold merit. Until that time, please go blabber to
your Anger Management people and ask them to tighten your straightjacket.

~~Dawna

Dawna

Sep 14, 2001, 4:47:34β€―AM9/14/01
I read all these posts to Buddy, and he was greatly amused by some of them,
he agreed with many of them, and he asked me to post this response to Crazy
Fingers:

"Crazy Fingers" <pete...@smig.net> wrote in message

> Most of these terrorist groups are willing to die for their warped beliefs
> anyway. Why not help them do it?
>
> CF/DP

My sentiments exactly. We should be as spirtual as possible. Since these
people believe that they will go to heaven when they die in the name of
their cause, let us be good, spiritual people and send them all to heaven,
where God will be waiting for them, and He will deal with them as He
pleases.

Buddy
from Brooklyn

Yeff

Sep 14, 2001, 5:05:13β€―AM9/14/01
In article <3ba1c...@corp.newsgroups.com>,
Dawna<da...@dakotacom.net> wrote in
alt.culture.us.1970s:

> My sentiments exactly. We should be as spirtual as possible. Since these
> people believe that they will go to heaven when they die in the name of
> their cause, let us be good, spiritual people and send them all to heaven,
> where God will be waiting for them, and He will deal with them as He
> pleases.
>
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn

There's a saying unique to military snipers that
I'd like to pass on to those responsible for this
tragedy:

"Don't run, you'll just die tired."

Dixon Hayes

Sep 14, 2001, 8:12:16β€―AM9/14/01
Yeff wrote:

>There's a saying unique to military snipers that
>I'd like to pass on to those responsible for this
>tragedy:
>
>"Don't run, you'll just die tired."

Interesting point. If these vermin really think they'll go to heaven for what
they did, they should turn themselves in and ask for the federal terrorism
death penalty (what Timothy McVeigh got).

Dixon
===========
"Gomer, you get down there with them spiders and get to work!"
--Barney Fife

Classic Hollywood Squares:
http://www.geocities.come/screenjockey/classicsquares.html

Dixon's Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/screenjockey/

Crazy Fingers

Sep 14, 2001, 11:44:45β€―AM9/14/01
I'm glad Buddy agrees with this. If I ever get out to NY, I'd like to get
together for a brew with him (if he drinks) or a coffee (if not).

United We Stand,
Dustin

"Dawna" <da...@dakotacom.net> wrote in message

Crazy Fingers

Sep 14, 2001, 11:46:18β€―AM9/14/01
We could dedicate this song to the terrorists:

"Nowhere To Run To, Nowhere To Hide"

I can't think of anymore right now.

United We Stand (my new sig, what do you think?)
Dustin

"Dixon Hayes" <dixon...@aol.comspamless> wrote in message

James Dobrovicz

Sep 14, 2001, 8:55:26β€―PM9/14/01
I've purposely kept out of the flame war that's been going on here because I
seem to disagree with many of your opinions (both hawk and dove, to use a
1960s/1970s phrase). But now that it has hopefully died down a bit, here are
some thoughts for all of you.

Regarding the apparent need for revenge, I think people need to remember one
thing about Afghanistan. This is the country that was able to defeat the
Soviet Union in a long, bloody, senseless war that the Russians consider
their Vietnam. Even though Bush's rhetoric about defeating all the evil in
the world sounds good, it is IMO little more than knee-jerk invective. There
is no way this country will be able to wipe out all the terrorism in the
world. I think perhaps it would be a better goal to find the perpetrator(s)
of this attack, dispose of them, and do it with as little "collateral
damage" (read "civilian casualties") as possible. By wiping out innocent
civillians we are no better than the terrorists we seek to thwart.

Another thing I find VERY disturbing is the anti-Arab and anti-Muslim
sentiment in the name of patriotism that is rearing its ugly head in this
country again. There have been numerous reports of mosque windows being shot
out, law-abiding Americans of Middle Eastern descent being threatened, and
even the head of one of the largest Islamic organizations in the country
received a death threat. Didn't we learn ANYTHING from the Gulf War? The
citizens of this country need to remember that attacking all Arabs and
Muslims for the actions of a small group that perverts the teachings of
Islam makes us no better than the terrorists who attacked New York,
Washington, and Pennsylvania.

To put it another way, we don't assume that Louis Farrakhan or Jesse Jackson
speaks for all African-Americans, nor do we assume that Billy Graham speaks
for all white Christians, so we musn't assume that bin Laden and the Taliban
(or for that matter anyone else from that region of the world who might have
assisted) speak for all Muslims.

All that said, I must also say that I don't believe the United States should
sit on its hands and let these terrorists destroy our nation. The people
responsible for this attack must be found and dealt with accordingly. I just
hope that the situation is thoroughly analyzed before any more American
lives are committed, as if we make any moves that are based totally on gut
feelings of revenge the price we pay will be much worse than it already is.

I am going to get off my soapbox now and go back to the corner and shut up.

-- James C. Dobrovicz

To reply via email, please remove the name of the host of 'Match Game'

Tiny Dancer

Sep 14, 2001, 10:31:45β€―PM9/14/01
And so the word went out from "James Dobrovicz" <jcd...@earthlink.netgenerayburn>:

<respectful snip to appease my server>

>All that said, I must also say that I don't believe the United States should
>sit on its hands and let these terrorists destroy our nation. The people
>responsible for this attack must be found and dealt with accordingly. I just
>hope that the situation is thoroughly analyzed before any more American
>lives are committed, as if we make any moves that are based totally on gut
>feelings of revenge the price we pay will be much worse than it already is.
>
>I am going to get off my soapbox now and go back to the corner and shut up.

No need for that, James, I agree with a lot of what you've said. We can't sit
on our hands (Canada lost as many as 100 people in this madness and, if
you go to war, you can bet we'll be right next to you), the people that did this
must be punished. I can't condone carpet bombing that wipes out entire
nations right now, no, I'm still an old flower-power child at heart as much
as I hate the people that did this with a passion. What bothers me is that
the ones on the airplanes are the ones I really want to hurt but I can't, they're
gone along with thousands of innocent people. I only hope we find *exactly*
who planned this and trained these hijackers. I want blood, damn right, but
I want to be sure we get the *right* blood.

A mosque was fire-bombed in Montreal yesterday (no injuries), Arab mothers
are keeping their kids home from school here in Toronto in fear of retaliation,
hateful phone messages are being left ("You deserve to die for this!"), it's
absolute madness out there! I think others are feeling like I am. They're angry
and don't have anywhere to vent that anger properly yet. I'm not condoning
their actions, just trying to make sense of it all, if that's possible. It's a war-like
mentality settling in but we're still not at war.

Give me a target, though, show me that this particular country is definitely to
blame and then hold me back. I don't agree with a draft but they won't need
it, they'll have more than enough volunteers. This is what the military trains for,
it's what has to be done if it comes to it. Someone has to pay for using American
citizens as weapons against their own.

Cheers,

TD

And where do we go from here?
Which is the way that's clear
from David Essex's "Rock On"

For a good time call
http://the70s.cjb.net

The Sesame Street Lyrics and Sounds Archive
http://i.am/tinyd

DL

Sep 15, 2001, 1:04:02β€―AM9/15/01
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:54:31 GMT, MollyFa
<molly...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>EVERYBODY NEEDS TO CALM DOWN, PLEASE!!!!! Mayor Guiliani IS right. Knee jerk

>reactions will only cause more harm than good.
[trim crap from the idiot Molly]

What??? Knee-jerk reactions are about all you write, except for the
apologies that follow them after you have been called on the carpet
for being a jerk. Move to Afghanistan you creep!

shambala

Sep 15, 2001, 1:14:56β€―AM9/15/01

"DL" <number1tigerfa...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Here! Here! I second the motion!!
Hell I'd even spend good money to purchase her a one-way fare to Kabul
myself!

-shambala

Sunshine State

Sep 15, 2001, 1:18:36β€―AM9/15/01
I think you'd like this link from one of our local paper's columnists Thursday:

http://www.miami.com/herald/special/news/worldtrade/digdocs/017328.htm

Sunshine State

Sep 15, 2001, 1:22:24β€―AM9/15/01
Regarding our multiple-personality troll:

Anyone who has ever taken a basic psychology class will recognize that
she is desperately seeking attention, positive or negative, and by reacting
to her flamebait posts, we are playing exactly into her hands. Some in
here have killfiled her, while others ignore her. Others, however, are still
replying to her, albeit angrily. This is exactly what she wants and as long
as she can still elicit a response, her bait posts will never stop.

"Don't feed the trolls."

Sunshine State

Sep 15, 2001, 1:34:49β€―AM9/15/01
"You Better Run" by Pat Benatar

Sunshine State

Sep 16, 2001, 4:29:14β€―AM9/16/01
You're mixing up your headers. I didn't ask anyone to move to Afghanistan
nor did I use profanity at her or anyone else. Whom did you intend these
comments for? I didn't write the comments but I remember reading them
in here from another poster.

In any event, the post on the column link wasn't directed to her. I have not
spoken to her in this forum in over two years now.

Retro Man wrote:

> In article <3BA2E4CE...@nospam.net>, Sunshine State

> <suns...@nospam.net> wrote:
>
> > I think you'd like this link from one of our local paper's columnists
> > Thursday:
> >
> > http://www.miami.com/herald/special/news/worldtrade/digdocs/017328.htm
>

> It's good advice. And maybe even more applicable. You're still spewing hate
> at Molly, when all she did was ask for calm. She DIDN'T say we should just
> sit back and let the creeps escape retribution. You castigate her for what
> you suppose she says yet instead of providing counterarguments backed by
> facts, you and others only say simplistic, spiteful things like "Move to
> Afghanistan" and "F*** you!" That doesn't convince anybody you're right. In
> fact, your intolerant reactions almost tag you as a potential mosque-burner.
>
> I don't agree with Molly on a lot of things. But there was nothing offensive
> here.

Sunshine State

Sep 16, 2001, 4:29:51β€―AM9/16/01
RetroMan,

I believe DL is the person you wished to address the post that you
mistakenly wrote to me.

Sunshine State

Sep 17, 2001, 3:47:07β€―AM9/17/01
The post that you replied to was my column link to Dixon, since he asked us
not to assume all bearded Muslims were the enemy to be attacked. He was
asking for calm and I posted a link reinforcing that. Neither of us was
piling
on; the posts you were reacting to weren't mine or his, is all I meant.

Anyway, no problem. I'm glad the record has been corrected.

Retro Man wrote:

> In article <3BA46322...@nospam.net>, Sunshine State

> Apologies. When I see people pile on, I have to jump in. It's the American
> thing to do.

John

Sep 17, 2001, 12:02:51β€―PM9/17/01
>Who
>threatened this very kind of action?? If it isn't the military that gets
>involved, then who do you suggest? Pee Wee Herman? Charles Manson? The cast
>from the Drew Carey show?

Drew and the gang should pee in a large bag (this includes the gangs from both
his shows, and for good measure, throw in the gangs from other ABC comedies)
and the bag should dropped on the Palestine territory.

The Wanderer

Sep 20, 2001, 10:46:15β€―AM9/20/01

"rach" <trist...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It's like sex offenders - let them fry.

Now wait a minute Rach. I was told after a drunken night back in 1976 that I
was sexually offensive all night long (though I dont remember). And she made
me repeat myself several times. So, maybe I coulda been better, I dont think
I deserve to "fry". Oh, wait a minute....I think you were talking about
something else....Never mind.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5591/
http://the70s.cjb.net

"It'd take a guy a lifetime to know Brooklyn t'roo an' t'roo. An' even den,
yuh wouldn't know it all."
Thomas Wolfe from Death To Morning

Runa Aktar

Feb 16, 2024, 8:02:32β€―AMFeb 16
βœ…πŸ”΄β–ΆοΈβ–Ά Really Amazing ️You Can Try This β—€οΈβ—€οΈπŸ”΄βœ…
πŸ”΄ALL>Moviesβœ… πŸ“Ί πŸ“± πŸ’» βœ…ALL>MoviesπŸ”΄
βœ…β–ΆοΈβ–ΆοΈ CLICK HERE Full HDβœ…720pβœ…1080pβœ…4Kβœ…

WATCH βœ…πŸ’»πŸ“ΊπŸ“±πŸ‘‰https://co.fastmovies.org

α—ͺOα—―α‘Žα’ͺOα—©α—ͺ βœ…πŸ“ΊπŸ“±πŸ’»πŸ‘‰https://co.fastmovies.org

πŸ”΄πŸ“±WATCH>>α—ͺOα—―α‘Žα’ͺOα—©α—ͺ>>HERE>πŸ‘‰https://co.fastmovies.org

βœ…πŸ’»WATCH>>α—ͺOα—―α‘Žα’ͺOα—©α—ͺ>>HERE>πŸ‘‰https://co.fastmovies.org