Crab Casserole - for Gary M.

limey

Sep 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/27/00

Gary - as promised. This makes a great brunch dish for friends,
since it can be prepared the previous day and refrigerated
overnight. My kind of dish!

CRAB CASSEROLE

1 lb. crab meat
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped finely
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1-1/2 cups milk
2 eggs, beaten
4 slices white bread, diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup grated sharp cheese

Put one-half of diced bread in greased baking dish (I use a 13 x 9
inch Pyrex dish). Mix crab meat, mayonnaise, onion, green pepper
and celery; place on diced bread; put remaining bread on top of
mixture. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pour over second layer of bread.
Place in refrigerator overnight. The next day, pour undiluted soup
over crab mixture, sprinkle with cheese. Let stand at room
temperature for one hour. Bake one hour at 325 degrees. Serves 6
to 8.

(Compliments of Janis Roberts, in the Catonsville Presbyterian
Church Centennial Cookbook, 1980).
--
li...@giveitup.com

Gary M.

Sep 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/30/00
limey wrote:

> Gary - as promised. This makes a great brunch dish for friends,
> since it can be prepared the previous day and refrigerated
> overnight. My kind of dish!
>
> CRAB CASSEROLE <snip>

I think I forgot to thank you for this, "Limey"
I've saved it in my recipes folder.

GT!!!!! (Gee Thanks!!!!!!)

Gary