Fresh Apple Cake

1 view

Faith L. McCammon

Jan 11, 2001, 10:55:58 AM1/11/01
Hey, Ranger, do the daughter units like apples? Here ya go! <g>

Fresh Apple Cake

2 1/2 c. self-rising flour
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
4 1/2 c. diced apples
1 c. nuts (optional)
1 (12 oz) pkg. butterscotch chips
1 c. vegetable oil

Mix dry ingredients. Add apples, nuts, & vanilla. Combine beaten eggs with
oil; mix well. Add to dry mixture. Pour into oblong greased & floured cake
pan. Top with butterscotch chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Enjoy!

--
Faith

~~As a writer you know you write entirely too much when you can easily spell
psychoneuroimmunology & then misspell your own name.~~

The Ranger

Jan 11, 2001, 11:28:21 AM1/11/01
Faith L. McCammon wrote:
[snip of Apple Cake Recipe]

Do you peel the apples? Or would the lack of skin make them
disintegrate during the baking process?

The Ranger

Faith L. McCammon

Jan 11, 2001, 11:34:31 AM1/11/01
Hmm, this is a new recipe that I haven't tried yet, one that came w/ several
my aunt gave me.

It never occurred to me that there's no mention of peeling the apples in the
recipe.

If it were me I'd choose a sweet apple & peel them. I always hate it when
I'm eating a slice of apple pie & discover a tough peel mixed in the
filling.

I'll have to write to my aunt & ask her about that. Thanks for bringing that
to my attention, Ranger.

Faith

"The Ranger" <cuhul...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Rhonda

Jan 11, 2001, 4:28:36 PM1/11/01
I have a fresh apple cake that I make in a fluted iron pan.

I chop the apples pretty small in one of those manual food-processor
like devices..

One time I threw in some sourdough starter, and it really brought out
the taste of the apples.

BTW, did you post the recipe? I didn't see it.

Rhonda.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:28:21 -0800, The Ranger <cuhul...@yahoo.com>

Faith L. McCammon

Jan 11, 2001, 7:57:24 PM1/11/01
Yes, posted it early today.

Faith

"Rhonda" <rho...@pinn.net> wrote in message

alex_bl...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2001, 7:29:25 AM1/12/01
In article <93kl87$a8qes$1...@ID-50387.news.dfncis.de>,

Sorry to be ignorant but I am English and don't understand American
measurements

I was just wondering what c. stands for as in 4 1/2 c. diced apples.

I guess that it means cup but I am not sure.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Metafile2

Jan 12, 2001, 10:04:51 AM1/12/01

They honestly don't have cups in England? What do they use instead?

Janey

The Ranger

Jan 13, 2001, 4:27:06 PM1/13/01
Faith L. McCammon added:
[snip..]

>I'll have to write to my aunt & ask her about that. Thanks for bringing
that
>to my attention, Ranger.

Another couple of items:
1) Butter? "Most" [sprinkling of the Most Holy Generalities Waters
everywhere] cake mixes I've seen/made require butter. Is this why the
vegetable oil is listed at "1 cup?"
2) Eggs: Room temperature or can they come straight out of the the
"Fridge"? Prolly should be room temperature, though.

The Ranger

Faith L. McCammon

Jan 15, 2001, 12:06:28 PM1/15/01

"The Ranger" <cuhul...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sorry, Ranger haven't been around all weekend.

Yes, room temp eggs do much better & yes on the 1 cup of veggie oil, too.

Faith

alex_bl...@my-deja.com

Jan 16, 2001, 7:01:31 AM1/16/01
In article <20010112100451...@ng-mi1.aol.com>,

We don't generally have cups in our measurements. We use millilitres.
It is just that in the America you insist on dumbing down our language
and doing everything differently.

Metafile2

Jan 16, 2001, 6:53:29 PM1/16/01

>We don't generally have cups in our measurements. We use millilitres.
>It is just that in the America you insist on dumbing down our language
>and doing everything differently.

Well, we are not the same country and thus have our own derivatives of the
language much the same as Mexico and Spain are not the same country and have
derivatives. In case you missed it there was a whole battle for independence
that was won big time by the Americans. If you want to email me an address I'd
be happy to send you an American measuring "cup" so that you could translate
this dumber version of recipes. LOL!

Janey