GM Plot Against Toyota?

big...@shout.net

Jan 30, 2010, 4:29:23 AM1/30/10

(Melchizedek Communique, MC013010) Is the recall of some Toyota
vehicles a plot by GM ("Government Motors")?

"Toyota said it began shipping gas-pedal parts to its dealers Friday
for use in fixing the millions of cars and trucks recalled because of
accelerators that could become stuck." [1]

A caller to the controversial Rush Limbaugh radio show, however,
suggested what is at least a good conspiracy theory. How true it is is
left to the reader to decide. "Government Motors" (General Motors), a
caller from Marion, Illinois, alleged, is "trying their best to cause
Toyota to lose jobs in the United States, and then they just happened
to have all these commercials ready to go for national television
saying, 'Well, you bring your Toyota in to us and we'll give you an
extra thousand dollars for it.' Don't tell me that this is not planned
out and that Obama didn't know." [2]

The idea is that Toyota got wind of a U.S. government crackdown coming
their way and minimized the damage by a voluntary recall. Because GM
has been taken over by the U.S. government, how neutral is the
government in this matter?

Coincidentally, another GM competitor, Honda Motor Co., yesterday
announced a voluntary worldwide recall of 646,000 compact cars so that
it can examine window switches that can overheat if exposed to liquid,
causing smoke or melting or even catch fire. [3]

A blogger at the Huffington Post, however, claims his Toyota is not in
fact being recalled. His "2009 Camry, in spite of the announced
'recall,' is not being returned to Toyota... It's not being returned
because Toyota has not yet figured out how to fix it. So, in spite of
announcing a 'recall,' all Toyota has done is to issue some warnings,
to state that they're 'working on' a solution, and to instruct my wife
and I to be alert to the problem." [4]

But maybe Toyota is just waiting to get the replacement gas-pedal
parts, and will then in fact request the above gentleman to bring in
his 2009 Camry for repair.

In other economic news, an amazing GDP number of 5.7 percent for the
fourth quarter of 2009 was announced. This comes in spite of gloomy
forecasts coming from the World Economic Forum's annual meeting at
Davos, Switzerland. "Heavy debts will weigh on governments and
households in the U.S. and Europe for some time, while hopes for
global growth will continue to rest on fast-developing countries such
as India and China, predicted participants at the meeting's opening
debate on the economy." [5] A previous amazing GDP number of 3.5
percent for the third quarter of 2009 was soon whittled down to
reality. (Background: "In GDP We Trust", http://www.shout.net/~bigred/mc103109.html)

------- Notes -------
[1] "Japan not as worried about US Toyota recalls", by Yuri Kageyama.
AP, Jan. 30, 2010
[2] "Caller Steamed Over Auto Recalls", Rush Limbaugh show transcript,
Jan. 29, 2010
[3] "Honda Announces Worldwide Recall Of 646,000 Fit Cars", Dow Jones
Newswires, Jan. 29, 2010
[4] "If My Car Is Being 'Recalled,' Why Aren't You Taking it Back?",
by Evan Handler. Huffington Post, Jan. 28, 2010
[5] "Experts See Another Global Dip Ahead", by Marcus Walker. Wall
Street Journal online, Jan. 27, 2010

-------

via Melchizedek Communique
http://www.shout.net/~bigred/cn.html

Luke Nichols

Jan 30, 2010, 8:16:08 AM1/30/10

<big...@shout.net> wrote in message

> (Melchizedek Communique, MC013010) Is the recall of some Toyota
> vehicles a plot by GM ("Government Motors")?
>
> "Toyota said it began shipping gas-pedal parts to its dealers Friday
> for use in fixing the millions of cars and trucks recalled because of
> accelerators that could become stuck." [1]

Just put the car in Neutral and stop. May blow the engine though.

Luke
http://www.ashesaid.com

Government Shill #2

Jan 30, 2010, 8:43:01 AM1/30/10
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:16:08 -0500, "Luke Nichols" <lu...@frontiernet.net>
wrote:

><big...@shout.net> wrote in message
>>
>> (Melchizedek Communique, MC013010) Is the recall of some Toyota
>> vehicles a plot by GM ("Government Motors")?
>>
>> "Toyota said it began shipping gas-pedal parts to its dealers Friday
>> for use in fixing the millions of cars and trucks recalled because of
>> accelerators that could become stuck." [1]
>>

>Just put the car in Neutral and stop. May blow the engine though.
>
>Luke

Blow me down with a feather! A sensible post from andrew luke nichols!

I guess it had to happen. Can someone check? Has hell frozen over?

--
Shill #2

A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.
Vique

A VFW

Jan 30, 2010, 12:18:19 PM1/30/10
In article
big...@shout.net wrote:

> (Melchizedek Communique, MC013010) Is the recall of some Toyota
> vehicles a plot by GM ("Government Motors")?
>
> "Toyota said it began shipping gas-pedal parts to its dealers Friday
> for use in fixing the millions of cars and trucks recalled because of
> accelerators that could become stuck." [1]

And some say it may be a "soft-ware" problem. a slow return of the pedal.
Call, me old fashioned but I like the old school of thought .
We won't change a design just for the sake of keeping "engineers" busy,
but to actually improve the car. Styling too.
But, this is the land of gadgets and more & more "bells & whistles"

Hint; Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

and check to see all your lights are working.