A COLLECTION OF KENNEDY PHOTOGRAPHS (INCLUDING A FEW RARE ONES)

David Von Pein

Jul 28, 2007, 4:20:58 AM7/28/07
SOME
RARELY-SEEN
KENNEDY-RELATED
PHOTOGRAPHS;

BEFORE AND AFTER
PRESIDENT KENNEDY'S
ASSASSINATION:

===========================

I recently took note of the following beautiful color photograph,
which was taken at Love Field in Dallas on November 22, 1963, just
seconds before Jackie Kennedy was handed a bouquet of red roses by
Mrs. Earle Cabell (the wife of the Dallas mayor):
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9396.jpg

The above photo is one I had never seen until very recently....which
goes to illustrate the vast amount of material (photos, documents,
etc.) that is out there in the public domain that some people may not
have seen in the past -- even a person with a great interest in
looking at virtually everything connected with President John F.
Kennedy's assassination.

The picture above exhibits fabulous color, as can be seen. It is one
of a series of Love Field photos snapped by White House photographer
Cecil Stoughton on the day of JFK's death.

Here's another rarely-published color photo (taken by Stoughton) of
the Kennedys amongst the crowd at Love Field on November 22nd. JFK,
Jackie, and Secret Service man Clint Hill are clearly visible:
http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/images/4/45/Photo_jfkl-01_0062-C420-23-63.jpg

Full, uncropped version of the most famous of Cecil Stoughton's Love
Field pictures from 11/22/63:
www.history-matters.com/essays/jfkmed/How5Investigations/images/STC4201363_11-22-63.jpg

Some details about the above photograph:
www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/discussions/start-thread.html/?ASIN=B0002P0DRS&reviewID=R13KQL2X5S0CR6&iid=&displayType=ReviewDetail

JFK's motorcade in San Antonio, Texas (November 21, 1963):
http://timesunion.com/photogalleries/jfk/5.jpg

Lady Bird Johnson, Jackie Kennedy, LBJ, and Nellie Connally at Brooks
Air Force Base in San Antonio (11/21/63):
http://timesunion.com/photogalleries/jfk/7.jpg

JFK, Jackie, Governor Connally, and Nellie Connally in Houston
(November 21, 1963):
http://timesunion.com/photogalleries/jfk/4.jpg

JFK talks to the Fort Worth crowd on the misty morning of 11/22/63:
http://laura-knight-jadczyk.com/images/jfk_fortworth_22nov63_lbj.jpg

At the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce breakfast on November 22, 1963:
http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/11-03/jfkb.jpg

Tying in with the above photo, the audio link below provides access to
the last speech President Kennedy ever gave (at the Fort Worth
breakfast on 11/22/63). This is unedited footage of the speech (12
minutes in length):
http://www.jfklibrary.org/jfkl/asset_tree/AudioVisual/jfk%20audio/1963/1963-11-21%20Fort%20Worth%20Breakfast%20high.wma

This is a rare black-and-white picture showing JFK and Jackie greeting
the well-wishers at Love Field. The large size of the airport crowd is
clearly evident in this photo:
http://www.artnet.com/picture.asp?date=20030523&catalog=17053&gallery=111618&lot=00138&filetype=2

Here's a rarely-seen angle of the Kennedys deplaning at Love Field:
http://www.carnegiemuseums.org/cmag/bk_issue/2003/novdec/images/feat2_image2.jpg

The above picture was taken by Robert Jackson of the Dallas Times
Herald. Jackson, just a short time after he took that photo, would be
one of the very few witnesses who would observe a rifle being
withdrawn into a sixth-floor window of the Texas School Book
Depository within seconds of the last gunshot being fired at JFK in
Dealey Plaza. Jackson would also go on to earn a Pulitzer Prize for
his famous picture showing Jack Ruby murdering Lee Harvey Oswald.
Although certainly not a "rare" photo by any means, here is Jackson's
Prize-winning snapshot (complete, uncropped version):
http://img53.exs.cx/img53/6539/DeathOfOswald-real.jpg

Details about Bob Jackson's perfectly-timed "Ruby Shoots Oswald"
photo:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/discussions/start-thread.html/ref=cm_rdp_dp/103-9597227-6764635?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0000W08GE&authorID=A1FDW1SPYKB354&store=yourstore&reviewID=R3LDQF5LBJKIPD&displayType=ReviewDetail

Another view of the President and First Lady coming off of Air Force
One in Dallas (click on image for an extra-large version):
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5601.jpg

A couple more November 22nd pre-motorcade snapshots:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/10024.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/10025.jpg

Here's a really rare one -- an aerial view of the JFK limousine in the
Dallas motorcade on 11/22/63. Note that driver Bill Greer has his door
ajar for some reason (perhaps the car is completely stopped; it
stopped twice during the parade):
http://members.tripod.com/justicewell-ivil/bottom.jpg

Another rarely-published pic of the Dallas motorcade and the heavy
crowds that JFK and the First Lady encountered on November 22, 1963:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5541.jpg

The motorcade on Main Street (and in vivid color):
http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/811B9D5C-DD2D-432E-B31A-D33AF61C7AB7/33407/365E71EC577E49FB8E5EB28F072A9F24.jpg

This eerie photo shows President Kennedy's car turning the corner at
Main and Houston Streets in Dallas, with the Book Depository visible
in the background:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8068.jpg

A few minutes after the President was shot, we see people rushing
toward the "Grassy Knoll" area. Visible in this photo are Charles
Brehm and Mary Moorman:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/4932.jpg

The scene at the Parkland Hospital emergency entrance. The
Presidential limo is visible under the overhang:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9446.jpg

Also at Parkland Hospital (Mrs. Earle Cabell is seated in the car in
the foreground):
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/images/mrscabel.jpg

JFK's limousine at Parkland (with the top only halfway installed):
http://in-broad-daylight.com/parkland6.jpg

A carton of blood being carried into Parkland:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8348.jpg

The tragedy was now in print:
http://www.monroegallery.com/showcase/images/01048229.jpg

An eerie and realistic-looking painting of Jackie Kennedy and the
slain President in the limousine at Parkland Hospital:
http://www.geocities.com/~ptgustan/pieta1.jpg

JFK's secretary (Evelyn Lincoln) outside of Parkland:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8339.jpg

The heavy police presence at the front entrance of the Book
Depository:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9443.jpg

The Depository after the shooting (taken from the Elm Street
"extension"):
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8380.jpg

Photos of Dealey Plaza and the Texas School Book Depository in the
days following the assassination:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9973.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9974.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9977.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9979.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9994.jpg

A terrific aerial photo of Dallas' Dealey Plaza (circa 1967):
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/10720.jpg

The police question witnesses at Dallas Police headquarters:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/8267.jpg

A bruised and handcuffed Lee Harvey Oswald:
http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/mvigeant/univ_270_03/Derek/Oswald.gif

Following the swearing-in of LBJ on Air Force One on 11/22/63:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5065.jpg

Rare shot of Air Force One at Love Field:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5143.jpg

Abraham Zapruder talks with WFAA-TV's Jay Watson shortly after the
assassination (11/22/63):
http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/11-03/jfkj.jpg

JFK Funeral images (November 24-25, 1963):
http://www.nla.gov.au/pub/nlanews/2002/may02/images/p19i01.jpg
http://www.ranger25.com/Ranger25Photos/Kennedy%2025%20NOV%2063.1.jpg
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/9580.jpg
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kennedy/jk-funrl-B-reg.jpg
http://www.ludwigdrummer.com/Articles/Bob%20Parker%20of%20The%20Old%20Guard/Figure%204.jpg
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kennedy/JackieImpProfile-reg.jpg
http://timesunion.com/photogalleries/jfk/22.jpg
http://www.ludwigdrummer.com/Articles/Bob%20Parker%20of%20The%20Old%20Guard/Figure%203.jpg
http://www.ludwigdrummer.com/Articles/Bob%20Parker%20of%20The%20Old%20Guard/Figure%206.jpg
http://www.ludwigdrummer.com/Articles/Bob%20Parker%20of%20The%20Old%20Guard/Figure%207.jpg
http://www.tapsbugler.com/images/Kenndey_Funeral_Procession.jpg

Lee Harvey Oswald arrives at Parkland after being shot by Jack Ruby
(11/24/63). Note Jim Leavelle in the photo too. Leavelle was the DPD
detective who was handcuffed to Oswald when LHO was shot:
http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/11-03/jfkq.jpg

Oswald's DPD jail cell:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5054.jpg

Jack Ruby's "Carousel Club":
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5040.jpg

A photo of Richard Nixon on 11/22/63:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5044.jpg

New President Lyndon B. Johnson (November 23, 1963):
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2295.jpg

Bold and vivid color photo of LBJ and members of the Warren
Commission, as the President is handed the completed Warren Report
(September 24, 1964):
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/images/lbj-wc.jpg

Marguerite Oswald:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5047.jpg

Marguerite playing detective:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5060.jpg

Lee Oswald's shoebox-sized rented room at 1026 North Beckley Avenue in
Oak Cliff (Dallas). Barely room enough to swing a cat:
http://www.internationalnewsagency.org/Conspi20.jpg

A photo of the Texas Theater on November 23, 1963:
http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/11-03/theaterthen.jpg

Photos of blood-spattered SS-100-X (JFK's limousine), taken at the
White House garage on the morning of November 23, 1963:
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/sbt3.jpg
http://in-broad-daylight.com/fbiblky2.jpg
http://in-broad-daylight.com/fbiblky3.jpg
http://in-broad-daylight.com/fbiblky7.jpg
http://in-broad-daylight.com/ce353a.jpg
http://in-broad-daylight.com/ce352a.jpg

John Connally (right arm in sling) and Nellie Connally in early 1964:
http://timesunion.com/photogalleries/jfk/24.jpg

November 24, 1967, LIFE Magazine cover:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5055.jpg

Official invitation to John F. Kennedy's 1961 Inauguration:
http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/5132.jpg

Inauguration Day in a snowy and cold Washington, D.C. (Friday, January
20, 1961):
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/pardthp.jpg

Close-up of JFK and Jackie on Inauguration Day:
http://www.homeofheroes.com/presidents/inaugural/inaug_jfk_jackie.jpg

President Kennedy's cabinet being officially sworn in (January 1961):
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/cabinetthp.jpg

Rich-looking and detail-filled color photo, taken in November 1963,
just days before JFK's death:
http://media.nara.gov/media/images/4/2/04-0147a.gif

The President is busy in the Oval Office (August 1962):
http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/3F94C09C-A935-44B9-A9E6-EAEF8CDC49F8/33335/3F94C09CA93544B9A9E6EAEF8CDC49F9.jpg

Chatting with Ol' Blue Eyes:
http://www.medaloffreedom.com/JohnFKennedy_FriendFrankSinatra.jpg

Barbra Streisand....meet President Kennedy:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2279.jpg

Jerry Lewis with JFK:
http://www.jerrylewiscomedy.com/pix/jlcmtl_1961b.jpg

Jacqueline Kennedy arriving at the National Gallery of Art in
Washington, D.C. (November 1961):
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Kennedy/Jackie_tut-reg.jpg

October 1963 (Halloween in the Oval Office):
http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/photoessays/familylife/images/06-ST-C372-6-63-kennedy-js.jpg

November 1963 (the bird was spared from its fate by JFK, btw):
http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/images/20031121_kn-c30594-518v.jpg

December 1961 (Christmastime at the White House):
http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/32B568FF-2649-4BEC-874F-BB6DAFE92E42/26416/32B568FF26494BEC874FBB6DAFE92E43.jpg

A 1962 photo of John Kennedy at Cape Canaveral. LBJ sure looks
thrilled here, huh? And he is supposed to be the leader of the whole
space program: :)
http://pics2.spoonfeeder.com/AieFTPFiles/AIEUser/8GJ9C3V8FY8R/UBNM49QHJHHS.jpg

JFK doesn't seem too happy with the policeman who is restraining a
Kennedy fan during a motorcade:
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/uploads/post-5425-1164184313.jpg

JFK's last birthday party (May 1963). That's Kennedy aide David Powers
(in glasses) in the picture too:
http://media.nara.gov/media/images/4/2/04-0139a.gif

JFK in Tampa, Florida (November 18, 1963):
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFK_20.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFKandcrowd.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/jfkincarccrev.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFK_60.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/jfkcuaug29.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFKMotorcade.jpg
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/11/18/images/xlarge/FLO_1_te18parad__1118.jpg
http://www.big13.net/JFK%20In%20Tampa/JFKMacDilldeparture.jpg

A spectator-laden motorcade during President Kennedy's visit to
Ireland (June 1963):
http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/D46740EC-0E67-4B0B-A6EF-F5506565FF70/23600/KNC2934327JUN1963.jpg

Opening Day of the 1961 baseball season:
http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/b9/7c/d1_1_b.JPG

Jack Kennedy and a stunning Jacqueline Kennedy in 1961:
http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=91238&rendTypeId=4

Jackie Kennedy in early 1962 (during her "White House Tour"):
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2235.jpg

Jack & Jackie; Their Wedding Day (September 12, 1953); In Newport,
Rhode Island:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/4/4626.jpg
http://www.americanheritage.com/assets/images/articles/web/20050912-sept12.jpg

A Jackie Kennedy close-up:
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant/real%20photo/061_Jackie_Kennedy___Ottawa_B_W.jpg

A terrific photo of Jack and Jackie:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2777.jpg

JFK's last birthday bash (May 1963):
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2261.jpg

Candid shot of Jack, Jackie, Caroline, and John-John:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/2/2835.jpg

Another "First Family" photograph:
http://www.linternaute.com/actualite/savoir/06/john-kennedy-jr/images/610929.jpg

This one's a bit eerie -- Jackie has on the same pink suit she wore in
Dallas, minus the pillbox hat here. If it's not the same outfit, she
must have had two exactly alike. In addition to this picture, there's
also at least one other photo showing Jackie wearing this pink suit at
a time other than 11/22/63:
http://www.printsandphotos.com/Merchant2/images/fullsize/0/0950.jpg

My all-time favorite photo of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (I love this
woman):
http://www.born-today.com/Today/pix/onassis_jackie2.jpg

Another great shot of JFK and Jackie (especially of Jackie; God, I
love this woman; ~wink~):
http://extremecatholic.blogspot.com/images/mantilla/jfk-dating.jpg

Jack and Jackie walking in a parade (March 1958):
http://www.alfredosphoto.com/image/gallery/DAddario/04.jpg

A great candid pic of JFK and his bride in Georgetown (May 1954):
http://www.jhu.edu/~gazette/2001/12nov01/images/12page1a.jpg

Jacqueline Kennedy (the "equestrian" look):
http://simpler-solutions.net/pmachinefree/images/uploads/jackie7.jpg

A beaming Jackie O:
http://obits.eons.com/obits/tributes/jacqueline_kennedy_onassis/1757-1-photo.jpg

JFK in Key West, Florida (November 26, 1962):
http://www.missilesofkeywest.bravepages.com/KNcarHomest.jpg
http://www.missilesofkeywest.bravepages.com/jfk.jpg
http://www.missilesofkeywest.bravepages.com/kennedyCROWD.jpg

BTW, this Lincoln convertible (seen below) is not the same limo that
JFK was riding in during the Dallas motorcade. This one isn't a
"stretch" limo, and lacks the middle "jump" seats:
http://www.missilesofkeywest.bravepages.com/KNcarHomest.jpg

JFK riding in SS-100-X, his 1961 Lincoln convertible (this is the
Dallas
car; note the stretched extra section between the door handles and, of
course, the overhead cross-bar):
http://www.big13.net/Tommy%20Eure/Tommy_Eure_33.jpg

JFK, the kids, and "Macaroni":
http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/holiday/historicalpets3/images/1961-macaroni-398h.jpg

September 1963 photo taken at Joseph Kennedy's 75th birthday party:
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/63/joe-partythp.jpg

Jackie, JFK Jr., and Caroline at President Kennedy's gravesite (May
29, 1964):
http://www.medaloffreedom.com/JohnFKennedy65.jpg

Jacqueline Kennedy, shortly after the death of her infant son
(Patrick) in 1963:
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/jbkthp.jpg

Jackie and John Jr. playing in the snow at the White House (1962):
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/sledthp.jpg

Jackie and the children (on horseback) in November 1962:
http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/3F1C5AC6-8B59-477B-8520-8929B950A0EF/33656/3F1C5AC68B59477B85208929B950A0EF2.jpg

John-John and Caroline romp in the Oval Office:
http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/dncthp.jpg

The Kennedy children in the most famous back yard in America (April 1,
1963):
http://www.whitehousehistory.org/04/subs_pph/images/uploads/35/599.jpg

Some terrific pictures showing the Oval Office of the White House over
the years (including during the Kennedy era):
http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/west-wing/oval-office-history.htm

eca...@tx.rr.com

Jul 28, 2007, 4:38:09 AM7/28/07
On Jul 28, 3:20 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> [...]

> Jackie, JFK Jr., and Caroline at President Kennedy's gravesite (May
> 29, 1964):http://www.medaloffreedom.com/JohnFKennedy65.jpg
>
> Jacqueline Kennedy, shortly after the death of her infant son
> (Patrick) in 1963:http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/jbkthp.jpg
>
> Jackie and John Jr. playing in the snow at the White House (1962):http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/sledthp.jpg
>
> Jackie and the children (on horseback) in November 1962:http://www.jfklibrary.org/NR/rdonlyres/3F1C5AC6-8B59-477B-8520-8929B9...

> John-John and Caroline romp in the Oval Office:http://www.historyplace.com/kennedy/jfkpix/dncthp.jpg
>
> The Kennedy children in the most famous back yard in America (April 1,
> 1963):http://www.whitehousehistory.org/04/subs_pph/images/uploads/35/599.jpg
>
> Some terrific pictures showing the Oval Office of the White House over

Thanks DVP!! I had seen em all before
but always enjoy seeing them again!
I also went to your site again and it
said, "Hello Ed Cage." So obviously
I've been there too.
Keep em coming!
Regards,
Ed
0337Jul2807

David Von Pein

Jul 28, 2007, 4:53:56 AM7/28/07
Thanks, Ed.

There are a few new additions in there (which is the reason for the
updated thread). The 11/23 limo photos were added (which aren't 100%
rare, but maybe some people haven't seen them). And a couple new
photos of (gorgeous) Jackie O. are in there too. :) :)

Here's another pic of the limo (pre-Nov. 22nd) I had never seen. This
isn't included in my collection above, so I'll put it here.....

http://in-broad-daylight.com/LIMO1961.jpg