Area 51 Film On "Strange Universe"

Stig Agermose

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

>>>`Strange Universe' Devotes Entire Show on Monday,
>>>April 14 to Exclusive Sneak Preview of Alien Interview
>>>Smuggled From Area 51
>>>
>>>LOS ANGELES, April 10 /PRNewswire/ -- On Monday, April 14, "Strange
>>>Universe" will broadcast an exclusive sneak preview of allegedly
>>>smuggled footage from Area 51 of an alien interview. The footage is so
>>> extraordinary that, for the first time since the launch of "Strange
>>>Universe," an entire program will be devoted to a single topic.
>>>
>>>Close encounter witnesses Whitley Strieber, Steve Neill, Jesse Long
>>>and Alice Leavy viewed the footage and are interviewed as part of this
>>> special program.
>>>
>>>This "Strange Universe" exclusive will feature video from a six minute
>>> piece of footage smuggled out of Area 51 by a mysterious person known
>>> only as "Victor." Victor claims that he had "occasion to be there"
>>>and took this while the entire contents of a massive series of
>>>interviews with a number of alien creatures was being downloaded from
>>>video to analog.
>>>
>>>This video purports to be of an alien creature being filmed through a
>>>one way mirror and being questioned by a U.S. General and a telepathic
>>>aide.
>>>
>>>Renee Barnett, "Strange Universe" director of research, stated, "I had
>>> heard rumors about this video a few months ago but it was only this
>>>week that we were able to obtain the right to broadcast a limited
>>>segment of this extraordinary alien interview."
>>>
>>>Famed author Whitley Strieber who wrote about his close encounter
>>>experiences in the book, "Communion," (made into a motion picture
>>>starring Christopher Walken) stated, "There are things about this
>>>footage that are particularly striking. Some of the least known
>>>features reported by witnesses are presented here. If this tape is not
>>>authentic, then it must have been made by people with very special
>>>inside knowledge."
>>>
>>>Area 51 is alleged to be a top secret military installation in Nevada.
>>> Until recently, the U.S. government denied that this underground base
>>> even existed. Some believe that Area 51 is the center of the U.S.
>>>government's clandestine UFO research.
>>>
>>>"Strange Universe" is a syndicated half-hour daily newsmagazine
>>>produced by Chris-Craft/United Television and distributed by RYSHER
>>>Entertainment. SOURCE RYSHER Entertainment

Dr Pepper

Apr 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/12/97

Stig_A...@online.pol.dk (Stig Agermose) wrote:

> [...]

O.K., , , GREAT!!!!! But what time and what channel???????

Dr. Pepper
Good ALL the time:]
{: Well, , , SOME of the time anyway :}

Dr Pepper

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

Dr Pepper

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

Stig Agermose

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

>Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:42:01 GMT
>From: DrPe...@iwvisp.com (Dr Pepper)
>Subject: Re: Area 51 Film On "Strange Universe"

I live in Europe, so I have difficulties in checking the hours of
American broadcasts, but I just received this message, which was
forwarded from Skywatch International by Francisco Lopez's Mailing
List: d005...@dc.seflin.org:

From: SKYWATCH INTERNATIONAL <skyw...@mail.phoenix.net>
From: BufoC...@aol.com

Bufo Calvin, P.O. Box 5231, Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Internet: BufoC...@aol.com
510-432-8102 (voice, fax, and recorded messages)
TAP (The Address Project)
NEARU (National Events by Area Registry of the Unexplained)
Bufo's WEIRD WORLD (paper and electronic newsletter)
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

I thought I'd just go ahead and pull the STRANGE UNIVERSE affilliates.
It comes out rather compact, but I think you can figure it out.

MarketStationTime ABILENEKIDZ12:00 AM ADA-ARDMOREKOKT12:30 AM "ALBANY,
GA"WGVP11:30 PM ALBUQUERQUEKASY10:00 PM ALBUQUERQUEKRQE11:30 PM
ALEXANDRIAWNTZ11:30 PM ANCHORAGEKYES10:00 PM ATLANTAWAGA12:30 AM
AUGUSTAWBEK10:00 PM AUSTINKNVA6:30 PM BAKERSFIELDKUZZ12 :00 AM
BALTIMOREWNUV12:30 AM BANGORWLBZ3:00 AM BATON ROUGEWGMB12:00 AM
BECKLEYWVSX12:30 PM BILLINGSKHMT6:30 PM BILLINGSKSVI4:00 AM
BIRMINGHAMWABM12:00 AM BOISEKNIN10:00 PM BOSTONWABU11:30 PM
BOSTONWNBU11:30 PM BOWLING GREENWBKO11:35 PM BUFFALOWGRZ3:00 AM
BURLINGTONWWIN6:00 PM BUTTEKWYB11:30 PM CHAMPAIGNWAND12:05 AM
CHARLESTONWMMP12:00 PM CHARLOTTEWFVT12:30 AM CHATTANOGAWFLI11:30 PM
CHEYENNEKLWY12:00 AM CHICAGOWCIU12:30 AM CHICO-REDDINGKDQT12:00 AM
CINCINNATIWSTR12:00 PM CLEVELANDCAAZ12:00 AM CLEVELANDWAOH 7:30 PM
COLUMBUSWTTE12:00 AM COLUMBUSWSWS11:30 PM CORPUS CHRISTIKZTV5:00 PM
DALLASKXTX12:00 AM DALLASKXTX5:30 PM DAYTONWHIO1:35 AM DENVERKTVD1:30 AM
DETROITWXON12:30 AM EL PASOKZIA12:00 AM EUGENEKLSR11:30 PM
EVANSVILLEWAZ5:00 PM FAIRBANKSKFXF11:00 PM FAIR BANKSKXD2:00 PM
FLINTWSMH12:30 AM FLORENCEWEYB1:00 AM FRESNOKAIL7:30 PM FT.
SMITHKFDF11:30 PM GRAND JUNCTIONKREZ11:30 PM GRAND RAPIDSWOTV12:05 AM
GREEN BAYWLUK4:00 AM GREENSBOROWXLV12:30 AM GREENVILLEWFBC11:30 PM
HARRISBURGWHP1:30 AM HARTFORDWTNH2:00 AM H ARTFORDWTNH12:30 AM
HOUSTONKTXH1:30 PM HUNTSVILLEWYLE6:00 PM INDIANAPOLISWXIN10:30 PM
JACKSONVILLEWTEV11:00 PM JOHNSTOWNWATM12:00 AM JUNEAUKTNL5:00 PM KANSAS
CITYKSMO1:30 PM KNOXVILLECACW12:00 AM LAFAYETTEKADN11:30 PM LAKE
CHARLESKPLC10:30 AM LANSINGWSYM1 1:30 PM LAREDOKVTV5:00 PM LAS
VEGASKUPN10:30 PM LEXINGTONWTVQ2:30 AM LIMAWOHL10:30 PM LINCOLNKSNB11:30
PM LINCOLNKTVG11:30 PM LITTLE ROCKKASN11:30 PM LOS ANGELESKCOP11:30 PM
LOS ANGELESKCOP2:30 AM LOUISVILLEWDRB12:00 AM LUBBOCKKLBK1:00 AM
MACONWPGA12:30 A M MADISONWMSN11:30 PM MEMPHISWBII6:00 PM
MEMPHISWPTY12:00 AM MIAMIWDZL10:30 AM MILWAUKEEWDJT12:00 PM
MINNEAPOLISKMSP11:00 PM MINNEAPOLISKMSP2:00 PM MISSOULAKTMF11:30 PM
MOBILEWALA3:00 AM MOBILEWFGX10:00 PM MONROEKARD2:00 AM MONTEREYKCBA12:00
AM MONTGOMERY WAKA3:30 AM NASHVILLEWKZX11:30 PM NASHVILLEWZTV11:30 AM
NEW ORLEANSWUPL11:00 PM NEW YORKWWOR12:00 AM NEW YORKWWOR1:30 AM
NORFOLKWVBT11:00 PM ODESSA-MIDLANDKPEJ12:00 AM OKLAHOMA CITYKOKH12:00 AM
OKLAHOMA CITYKPOC10:30 PM ORLANDOWRBW12:00 AM OTTUMVA-KIRKKYO U11:00 PM
PADUCAHWQTV6:30 PM PALM SPRINGSKESQ12:00 AM PHILADELPHIAWTXF2:30 AM
PHOENIXKBJ9:30 PM PHOENIXKUTP10:30 PM PHOENIXKUTP1:30 PM
PITTSBURGHWPXI3:05 AM PORTLANDWCSH2:00 AM "PORTLAND, OR"KPTV12:00 AM
PROVIDENCEWNAC1:30 AM RALEIGHWKFT12:30 PM RENOKAME1 0:00 PM
RICHMONDWRLH11:00 PM ROANOKEWDRL7:30 PM SACRAMENTOKOVR12:00 AM SALT
LAKEKTVX12:00 AM SAN ANGELOKIDY12:00 AM SAN ANTONIOKMOL11:30 PM SAN
DIEGOKUSI2:00 AM SAN FRANCISCOKBHK10:00 PM SAN FRANCISCOKBHK12:30 PM
SANTA BARBARAKADY11:00 PM SAVANNAHWUBI12:0 0 AM SEATTLEKCPQ12:30 AM
SHREVEPORTKSHV5:30 PM SOUTH BENDWBND11:00 PM SPRINGFIELDKWBS6:00 PM ST.
LOUISKTVI3:00 AM SYRACUSEWIXT1:00 AM TALAHASSEEWTWC11:00 PM
TAMPAWWWB11:30 PM TERRE HAUTEWBAK1:00 AM TOLEDOXTVV6:30 PM TRAVERSE
CITYWGKI12:00 AM TRAVERSE CITY WGKU12:00 AM TRI-CITIESWAPK10:00 PM
TUCSONKMSB10:30 PM TULSAKTFO3:30 PM TYLERKLSB4:30 PM UTICAWPNY11:00 PM
VICTORIAKAVU1:05 AM WACOKAKW11:30 PM WASHINGTONWJAL12:00 AM
WASHINGTONWUSA2:30 AM WEST PALM BEACHWTCN10:00 PM WICHITA FALLKJBO10:00
PM WILKES BARREW YLN7:00 PM

This is Bufo saying, "If =everything= seemed normal, that =would= be
weird!"

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:49:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Francisco Lopez <d005...@dc.seflin.org>
Subject: SMUGGLED AREA 51 FILM -(TV TIMES)

Robert

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

In article <msg48159.thr-...@online.pol.dk>,

I just saw the show. If you haven't yet, don't bother. It is one of the
most sensationalistic pieces of crap I have ever had the misfortune of
being subjected to. Well, I actually subjected myself to it, but who
cares. The point is that it was far more fluff than information. Strange
Universe aired about 5 seconds of the video. They were not allowed to air
the rest. Why? I'm glad you asked. Because Rocket Video (the people who
own the rights to the footage) are planning on putting it out on video for
sales and/or rental, and don't want to cut into their profits (my guess).
Okay, that's fine. I can't blame them for that, but the show ammounted to
a half-hour advertisement for the video.

My next bone-to-pick is that Strange Universe could not have interviewed a
more biased group of 'experts' if they tried. All of their experts are UFO
abductees or experiencers. Please...

In fairness, two of the experts expressed their opinion that the footage
was fake. The fact that that little bit of opinion made it on the air
shocked me.

Finally, am I the only one who as noticed that Strange Universe has really
deteriorated in the last few months? It went from a 'quasi news' show
which at least presented the stpries in a reasonably unbiased and
informative manner, to a fluff show that could be put into about 5 minutes
of air time for all the 'information' they provide.

Just my $.02.

Robert Baker

p.s. if you do watch the show, try to count the number of times things are
repeated (video, sound bites, etc). Filler...

--
To reply, remove 'NOSPAM-' from the address above.