Liability Insurance for Computer Consultants

Terry

Dec 9, 2005, 9:16:37 AM12/9/05

I wonder if it is worth getting a basic business liability insurance.
Most of what I do is on-site computer service. I occassionally bring
clients' computers home, but I don't have a shop where customers will
come in. I also do web design work out of my home.

My understanding is that the liability insurance covers mostly injuries
at my site, of which the chances are none.

So, I'd like to know what insurance coverage is appropriate for
consultants like me.

Thanks in advance!

Terry

Jerry Stuckle

Dec 9, 2005, 2:00:17 PM12/9/05

Terry,

You definitely need at least liability insurance. The policy can be
written to cover injuries at your client's sites, also.

Let's say you do something which does cause an injury at the client's
site (i.e. while trying to move a computer, you back up and knock a
display off the desk and onto a client's foot). Yes, the client has a
liability insurance policy, also. And it would pay the medical bills.

But do you think their insurance company is going to just pay a bill and
forget about it? If it's big enough, not a chance. They'll be coming
after you in court.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address

technoid

Dec 24, 2005, 12:50:53 PM12/24/05
You might also consider E&O insurance. If you lose client data and they
sue, errors & ommissions will cover you.....

http://www.techinsurance.com/ProfessionalLiabilityInsurance_2.aspx

"Terry" <gobeyond...@yah00.c0m> wrote in message