81.85's CRT Nvidia Direct Access

edde

Oct 29, 2005, 10:40:07 PM10/29/05
NVIDIA Direct Access is a new feature of forceware 8x.xx that allows to
control monitor settings within the drivers control panel. Unfortunately
it's bugged and causes lots of problems to some users because every time the
driver control panel is accessed it resets the monitor configs to defaults.

For all those who have troubles with NVIDIA Direct Access resetting the
monitor config, here is a simple fix...

After installing the drivers go in Windows\System32 and delete/rename the
following files:

nvmccs.dll
nvmccsrs.dll

...and the NVIDIA Direct Access will be history.

Ed Light

Oct 30, 2005, 3:36:57 AM10/30/05
I don't see anything different in the drivers.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
sp...@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Bob

Oct 30, 2005, 8:22:08 AM10/30/05

"Ed Light" <nob...@nobody.there> wrote in message

I have the 81.85 drivers installed for my BFG 6800GT OC and I don't see
anything labeled Direct Access. Everything works as it always has.
Bob

edde

Oct 31, 2005, 1:49:20 PM10/31/05
"Bob" <luna5...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I have the 81.85 drivers installed for my BFG 6800GT OC and I don't see
> anything labeled Direct Access. Everything works as it always has.
> Bob
Maybe your install is broken, or it's not used on the 6 series boards.
All my 7 series cards show Nvidia Direct Access section on the 81.85
drivers.
Here is a screen grab.
http://tinyurl.com/co8fm

Bob

Oct 31, 2005, 4:24:56 PM10/31/05

"edde" <wave...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

Just checked mine again and the "Direct Access" is not there. Just "Desktop
Management" and under that is "Menu Editing". Install was fine so it must
just be for the series 7 cards, which is fine with me seeing how it has
caused problems for people!

WyleC...@cactus.com

Oct 31, 2005, 5:46:57 PM10/31/05
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:24:56 -0500, "Bob" <luna5...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

Yeah had the same problem ........ uninstalled the driver
and reinstalled and it was there ...... guess it pays to follow
the recommended procedures in the pdf.

Have yet to determine if anything else is dicked up.

XP Pro SP2

Dirk Pajonk

Nov 1, 2005, 4:00:18 PM11/1/05
Thank you.
After reseting my monitor 4 times, now the problem is solved.
Great Hint!
"edde" <wave...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

First of One

Nov 1, 2005, 7:09:27 PM11/1/05
I wonder if this problem is only limited to monitors that allow its settings
to be adjusted via an application program. AFAIK many Samsung and LG
monitors have this "OSD-less" adjustment feature, but not all monitors do.

edde

Nov 3, 2005, 1:21:34 AM11/3/05
You are welcome Dirk, although I can't take credit. I read that on a forum.
Apparently many people were having the same problem with these new drivers.

"Dirk Pajonk" <nomor...@onlinehome.de> wrote in message

Highlandish

Nov 25, 2005, 12:19:32 AM11/25/05
Quoth The Raven; Ed Light <nob...@nobody.there> in
<uC%8f.132354$lq6.54968@fed1read01>

>I don't see anything different in the drivers.

on my install its (null) and then the monitor name. in my case its the wrong
monitor detected. and this fix of deleting the 2 dll files prevented the
part from loading when opening the control applet, and now my monitor doest
have a fit and turn off. yay!

--
Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

"The nice thing about being a celebrity is that if you bore people they
think it's their fault." - Henry Kissinger (1923-)

Highlandish

Nov 25, 2005, 12:19:54 AM11/25/05
Quoth The Raven; edde <wave...@hotmail.comNOSPAM> in
<soW8f.4431$lb7....@news1.mts.net>

champion, that fixed my problem!

--
Remove the _CURSEING to reply to me

I was arrested today for scalping low numbers at the deli... sold #3
for $28 bucks. - Steve Wright