p5gd1overcloaking failed

Trevor

Nov 23, 2005, 3:38:00 AM11/23/05
the problem is: the stupid board reports every few days overclocking
failed!i didn't touch the bios 'cause i have a presscot so if i even tryed
to clock it it will be a disaster, i tryed everything from updateing the
bios to changeing the parts (even the bios chip) but it still contiunues to
display the message! please help me

BC

Nov 23, 2005, 11:31:42 AM11/23/05

Some links:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30404

system BIOS hook Reply with quote
damgood85 wrote:
Quote:
I just started building my own computer using the Asus k8v-x but it
hangs during the install of XP. Then when I reset I get an
Overclocking Failed error. Asus recommended a bios
update on the bord using their aflash.exe program so I tried but when
I go to do it I get an error that reads ERROR, can t find
system BIOS hook. ANY HELP?????

Could be inadequate power supply: got same message when trying to
install XP on a P5WD2 with a power supply that couldn't handle the load.

Brief google search finds:

http://www.computing.net/cpus/wwwboard/forum/11576.html

Also, from:

http://www.duxcw.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=15381

Re:overclocking failed

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 03:52:53 pm » Reply with quote

My boss's machine suddenly started reporting 'overclocking failed' if
DIMM slots 1 or 2 were used. 3 and 4 work fine, and the sticks appear
fine. Fun stuff. Also concurrently had a HDD in a Raid fail, and the
raid is taking a lonnnng time to rebuild. Fun stuff.

Moral of the story: try moving around memory, especially if its an Asus
A8VDeluxe motherboard.

From another site: someone using 350W PSUfor a P5WD2, mine didn't boot
with a 430W, same brand:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2066067.php

Looked on Asus support site thinking I had seen information on it there,
but could not find it.

Good luck,

BC