Asus P4B533 is making a siren sound upon booting

Wilfried Adam

Sep 8, 2004, 5:22:57 PM9/8/04
Hi all,

an Asus P4B533 partly assembled with used parts is only making a siren
sound upon booting and will neither boot nor enter its BIOS. On June 29,
2004 someone posted on this newsgroup a solution to this. Unfortunately
this posting is no longer held by the newsgroup server and googling
didn’t help much either.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

Lazarus

Sep 8, 2004, 6:23:35 PM9/8/04
It was the 28th june and according to google there were no replies!

A siren sound normally always indicates that the cpu fan is either stopped
or going slow....it is an indication that the cpu is getting too hot.

Have you just fitted the cpu? If so you should reseat it assuming the fan
seems ok as it may be a bad contact between hs and cpu.

Either way check your fans are all working and your case vents are all
clear.

"Wilfried Adam" <Wilfri...@t-online.de> wrote in message

N´far

Sep 8, 2004, 6:32:12 PM9/8/04

"Wilfried Adam" <Wilfri...@t-online.de> skrev i en meddelelse
> [...]

Have you tried to reset your bios settings ? (CLRCMOS)
My guess: Your ram is bad or not detected. Try with only 1 stick at a time.

NBK

Sep 8, 2004, 10:01:18 PM9/8/04
I had the same problem. Just reseat your power cables to the motherboard.
NBK