Where doI connect power switch to i810e board?

sque...@hotmail.com

Dec 23, 2005, 5:59:53 AM12/23/05

I bought an intel 810E board from ebay (it is from a Fujistu-Siemens
machine) and I cant find any docs on where to connect the front panel
connectors eg. power switch, HDD LED, reset etc.

Does anyone know either where I could find it or does someone have an
i810E who could tell me the pin-out?

I have tried the intel site, the fujitsu-seimens manual for the board.
All give detailed info about everything else - intel even to circuit
diagrams, but no where tells you the pin outs for the front panel
connector!!

Any help would be much appreciated - it is really annoying me!
Cheers
squelch41

GT

Dec 23, 2005, 6:41:34 AM12/23/05
<sque...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Search the internet for the model number. 810e is the chipset and many
boards use that. You need the model number - normally printed on the board
in a corner. However, the front panel connectors are usually in front of the
PCI slots - nearest to the front panel wiring. There should be an array of
pins (looks a bit like a hard disk connector without the plastic casing.
They might have small white writing round the pins to identify which is
which. To get you started, you only need to coneect the power switch - the
system will work without HD lights etc!

sque...@hotmail.com

Dec 23, 2005, 6:46:46 AM12/23/05
I know where the block is - just not what the pins do!
I have tried searching for models with the board but the manuals dont
seem to cover the front panel connector block! They will tell you
everything except that in fact!
There is no writing around the pins to identify them, only 'PNL' which
I assume labels the block as the panel connectors

cheers
squelch41

BruceM

Dec 23, 2005, 6:46:58 AM12/23/05
The 810E was used on many boards put together by various companies. See if
you can get some more numbers or letters off the board. Usually near the PCI
slots or along the very edge are good places to look.

BruceM

Dec 23, 2005, 7:01:25 AM12/23/05
Here's one board that uses the chipset. The manual found here has very good
instructions but probably not for your board.
http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/au/download/download_manual_detail.php?pFILE_TYPE=Manual&fSEARCHTEXT=WB6
Watch the wrap.

"BruceM" <bruce9950@@hotmail.com> wrote in message

GT

Dec 23, 2005, 7:05:25 AM12/23/05
<sque...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

So what is the model number - maybe someone in this group will have the same
board

sque...@hotmail.com

Dec 23, 2005, 7:34:38 AM12/23/05
The board is a Fujitsu-Siemes D1171

Pen

Dec 23, 2005, 9:42:44 AM12/23/05

"BruceM" <bruce9950@@hotmail.com> wrote in message

The manual with pinout is available here;
http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/sticker/D1171fo1.pdf

GT

Dec 23, 2005, 9:52:59 AM12/23/05

"Pen" <pen34u...@hotmailnospam.com> wrote in message

I think he has this already - if you look at the above .pdf page it tells
you where the front panel connectors are, but not which is which! The OP
needs to know which 2 of the 20(ish) pins are for the power and which 2 are
for the HD etc.

GT

Dec 23, 2005, 9:57:06 AM12/23/05
"GT" <ContactG...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I take that all back - the information is on the right hand side in a little
box. My mistake.
Sorry Pen!

Pen

Dec 23, 2005, 10:41:43 AM12/23/05

"GT" <ContactG...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
No problem. I missed it the first time also.

sque...@hotmail.com

Dec 27, 2005, 4:35:57 AM12/27/05
Thanks very much for your help - that is just wat I needed!
squelch41