XP Code 32 Error Keyboard/Mouse *FIX*

Tayra Douglas

Oct 8, 2003, 2:23:30 PM10/8/03
Error Message:

A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate
driver may be providing this functionality (Code 32).

Microsoft's Suggestions:

The start type for this driver is set to disabled in the registry.
Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to
reinstall or upgrade the driver.
On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to
start the troubleshooting wizard.

If the driver is required, and if reinstalling or upgrading does not
work, change the start type in the registry using the registry editor.
For more information, see the Registry Reference in the Microsoft
Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit at http://www.microsoft.com/reskit.

---------------

After doing this several times I finally stumbled across the solution:
Click Start, then RUN, now type Regedit

Now navigate to: HKey_Local_Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/i8042prt
and set "Start" to "1", this sets the i8042 (keyboard/mouce
controller) device to autostart. Restart the machine.

This worked for me, I hope it works for everyone else who is having
problems!

Nermal

Oct 29, 2003, 2:08:57 PM10/29/03
abi...@hotmail.com (Tayra Douglas) wrote in message news:<4d94f70e.03100...@posting.google.com>...

> After doing this several times I finally stumbled across the solution:
> Click Start, then RUN, now type Regedit
>
> Now navigate to: HKey_Local_Machine/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/i8042prt
> and set "Start" to "1", this sets the i8042 (keyboard/mouce
> controller) device to autostart. Restart the machine.
>
> This worked for me, I hope it works for everyone else who is having
> problems!

This solved the problem for me, thank you!! It was driving me nuts...

Christoph