The John Corliss Problem

John Picken

Oct 6, 2002, 6:41:44 AM10/6/02
On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 02:22:12 +0200, "rhexis" <3bbg3001
@sneakemail.com.com.com.com.com> wrote:
> "R.L." <ringomeinew(removethis)@(removethis)hotmail(removethis).com>
> wrote in message news:Xns9299CD35D...@207.217.77.23...
>
> > xganon <rema...@xganon.com> says in
> >
> > > the one thing that bothers me about Mr.Corliss is the length of his
> > > sig. just wish he would trim it so it was 4 lines like is the norm.
> > > dont see the need to have one that is 8 lines long.
> >
> > This looks like another troll post.
>
> Well, the anonymous coward kinda, sorta does have a point. It's
> not something that bothers me much though compared to, say,
> the combined efforts of the ACF Freedom Force.

Then your values surely need re-examination. What you term the "ACF Freedom
Force" is nothing more than a group of users who know what Usenet is and refuse
to accept the concept that some hypocritical, gun-toting, baseball bat-wielding,
dim-witted barbarian can dictate what may or may not be posted in an "alt."
newsgroup. Dim-witted? You bet--a Clueless twit who posts messages such as this:

On 2002-08-22, at 19:52:02 PST, John Corliss posted in alt.comp.freeware:

> Yeah, probably so. But, I live in the United States where freedom of speech
> is guaranteed by our constitution. Not only that, but I have lots of guns
> *also a constitutional right here* so if anybody else comes after me, I can
> simply shoot them to death! And THAT's also a constitutional right!
>
> Oh yeah,
> 80)>

simply has no concept of reality. Not convinced? Do a Google Groups search in
ACF for "Corliss+guns". The man, if not dim-witted, is certainly senile.

The public posting of his infamous "killfile" and the threats made here to place
people on it in a vain attempt to silence users with whom he disagrees is yet
another example of either, ego run amok or, advancing Alzheimer's. In either
case, the sycophants who blindly support him, based on what he may have
contributed in the past, or because he uses the supposedly magic word
"majority", are doing favors to neither ACF nor Clueless himself (you're simply
supporting his voyage through the looking glass).

What you have termed the "ACF Freedom Force" exists, primarily, because of the
actions of "JC and his Apostles". Contrary to his apparent belief, the initials
have no biblical signifigance.

jkp

rhexis

Oct 6, 2002, 8:44:19 AM10/6/02
"John Picken" <jkpicke...@netscape.net> wrote in message

> > Well, the anonymous coward kinda, sorta does have a point. It's
> > not something that bothers me much though compared to, say,
> > the combined efforts of the ACF Freedom Force.
>
> Then your values surely need re-examination.

[snip - John Corliss is mean and he's mean, mean, mean. Mean.]

How many of this group of people "who know what usenet is" would
you say frequently post on-topic, freeware related posts in here?
Hello, are you still here? Where did you go?

> simply has no concept of reality. Not convinced? Do a Google Groups
> search in ACF for "Corliss+guns".

Since I'm not neither obsessed nor particular interested in this
idiocy, I'll choose not to, thankyouverymuch.

A lot of Americans have and like/love guns. Whether I (or anyone else)
agrees with this sentiment is NOT the topic of this newsgroup. There
are plenty other groups if you seek a meaningless gun flamewar.

> What you have termed the "ACF Freedom Force" exists, primarily,
> because of the actions of "JC and his Apostles".

Ahahahaha.

--
rhexis

John Corliss

Oct 6, 2002, 9:02:32 AM10/6/02
John Picken wrote:

> rhexis wrote:
> > R.L. wrote:

My signature file is not going to change, so deal with it. Or continue to expend
your life-force complaining. The choice is yours.

> > > This looks like another troll post.
> >
> > Well, the anonymous coward kinda, sorta does have a point. It's
> > not something that bothers me much though compared to, say,
> > the combined efforts of the ACF Freedom Force.
>
> Then your values surely need re-examination. What you term the "ACF Freedom
> Force" is nothing more than a group of

trolls

> (clipped) who know what Usenet is

- a playground for cowards who like to anonymously hide behind their keyboards and
upset other people

> and refuse to accept the concept that some hypocritical,

Sticks and stones

> gun-toting,

I do not "tote" a gun. Prove otherwise.

> baseball bat-wielding,

I do not "wield" a bat. Prove otherwise.

> dim-witted

Sticks and stones.

> barbarian

Well, I'll admit to being one of those to a certain degree. And I'm kinda proud of
it too. 80)>

> can dictate

I am "dictating" nothing, and you know it, troll.

> what may or may not be posted in an "alt." newsgroup. Dim-witted? You bet--a
> Clueless twit who posts messages such as this:
>
> On 2002-08-22, at 19:52:02 PST, John Corliss posted in alt.comp.freeware:
> >
> > Yeah, probably so. But, I live in the United States where freedom of speech
> > is guaranteed by our constitution. Not only that, but I have lots of guns
> > *also a constitutional right here* so if anybody else comes after me, I can
> > simply shoot them to death! And THAT's also a constitutional right!
> >
> > Oh yeah,
> > 80)>

Only a "dim-witted clueless twit" would take something like that seriously. And I
don't think either you or Mabbett are privately taking it seriously, but rather are
pretending to in order for it to serve your purpose (trolling.)

> simply has no concept of reality. Not convinced? Do a Google Groups search in ACF
> for "Corliss+guns".

I'll save everybody the time:

*****************************
Searched Groups for "Corliss+guns" group:alt.comp.freeware.
Results 1 - 4 of 4. Search took 0.18 seconds.
Sort by relevance Sorted by date

Re: Son of Spy (OT)
... yeah, 80)> You don't believe anyone could be this stupid? Try a Google Groups
search for John+Corliss+Guns. Draw your own conclusions. I just did. Lots of guns
... alt.comp.freeware - 03 Sep 2002 by Mister Charlie - View Thread (2 articles)

Re: Son of Spy (OT)
... yeah, 80)> You don't believe anyone could be this stupid? Try a Google Groups
search for John+Corliss+Guns. Draw your own conclusions. I just did. Lots of guns
... alt.comp.freeware - 03 Sep 2002 by John Corliss - View Thread (2 articles)

Re: Son of Spy
... You don't believe anyone could be this stupid? Try a Google Groups search for
John+Corliss+Guns. Draw your own conclusions. I just did. Lots of guns and the ...
alt.comp.freeware - 02 Sep 2002 by Mister Charlie - View Thread (74 articles)

Re: Son of Spy
... You don't believe anyone could be this stupid? Try a Google Groups search for
John+Corliss+Guns. Draw your own conclusions. alt.comp.freeware - 02 Sep 2002 by
John Picken - View Thread (74 articles)
*****************************

Looks like the only results are your sniveling and replies to it.

> The man, if not dim-witted, is certainly senile.

*yawn* Sticks and stones.

> The public posting of his infamous "killfile" and the threats made here to place
> people on it in a vain attempt to silence users

*yawn* (damn, I think I'm going to pass out from boredom- this boy is so tedious) It
is not an attempt to silence users, and you know it, troll. It's simply an effective
way of telling others why I usually don't reply to certain abusive people like
yourself. And if you don't like it, that's just too bad. I'm within my rights to
make such a list public and in fact wish that it became a common convention. You
ought to consider making a killfile list public yourself.

> with whom he disagrees

No, it's not simply who I disagree with, it is a list of people who are trolls (like
yourself) or who are incapable of grasping simple logic.

> is yet another example of either, ego run amok

Your trolling is an example of ego gone amok; my list is simply an explanation of
why I don't usually reply to people like yourself.

> or, advancing Alzheimer's.

Real mature, Picken. Sticks and stones.

> In either case, the sycophants who blindly support him, based on what he may have
> contributed in the past, or because he uses the supposedly magic word "majority",

Yep, that's a real magical word all right. You sociopathic anarchists always have a
problem with that word, don't you. It tends to block your ability to shove your
minority values and opinions down everybody else's throats.

> are doing favors to neither ACF

But of course, your endless trolling is doing TONS of good for ACF.

> nor Clueless himself (you're simply supporting his voyage through the looking
> glass).

*sigh* Sticks and stones.

> What you have termed the "ACF Freedom Force"

A small number of trolls and sock puppets.

> exists, primarily, because of the actions of "JC and his Apostles". Contrary to
> his apparent belief,

Eh? Get a grip. Are you telling people what I believe now? How exactly do you know
what I do or do not believe? Are you telepathic?

> the initials have no biblical signifigance.

Hey Picken, my ISP's newsfeed is temporarily off line and I'm using my
alternative, which isn't filtered yet. That's why your getting this. If you'd like
to take this to EMAIL, rather than continue to pester the group, my address is
unmunged as always.
But of course, like all the other trolls, you will fail to take me up on my
offer to discuss your criticisms like grown people. You will continue to flood this
group with off-topic and abusive spew.
You'll notice that I at least, unlike you and your troll buddies, put the (O.T.)
in the subject header so that others can filter this message out.

Now back to freeware.
--
John "the gun toting, baseball bat wielding, hypocritical, senile, clueless twit who
thinks he is Jesus Christ etc." Corliss

Andy Mabbett

Oct 6, 2002, 1:34:02 PM10/6/02
In message <3da0303c$0$32538$edfa...@dspool01.news.tele.dk>, rhexis
<3bbg...@sneakemail.com.com.com.com.com> writes

>A lot of Americans have and like/love guns. Whether I (or anyone else)
>agrees with this sentiment is NOT the topic of this newsgroup.

So why does Corliss keep going on about them, here?
--
Andy Mabbett
Sign Amnesty International's petition - stop the USA from violating

Andy Mabbett

Oct 6, 2002, 1:33:18 PM10/6/02
In message <1103_10...@news.telus.net>, John Picken
<jkpicke...@netscape.net> writes

>JC and his Apostles". Contrary to his apparent belief, the initials
>have no biblical signifigance.

Though they do happen to be the same as the great JC himself: John
Cleese.

Andy Mabbett

Oct 6, 2002, 1:40:24 PM10/6/02
In message <3DA03468...@ccountry.net>, John Corliss
<jcor...@ccountry.net> writes

>My signature file is not going to change, so deal with it.

You have a broken sig; and yet you don't intend to fix it? Is that
through cluelessness, arrogance or mere discourtesy?

>trolls

You seem to see "trolls" everywhere, perhaps you're hallucinating.

>- a playground for cowards who like to anonymously hide behind their
>keyboards and
>upset other people

... by maliciously and dishonestly forging their e-mail addresses, in
order to subscribe them to mailing lists. Which is something you have
*admitted* doing.

[...]
>I am "dictating" nothing

Liar.

[...]

>> On 2002-08-22, at 19:52:02 PST, John Corliss posted in alt.comp.freeware:
>> >
>> > Yeah, probably so. But, I live in the United States where freedom
>> >of speech
>> > is guaranteed by our constitution. Not only that, but I have lots of guns
>> > *also a constitutional right here* so if anybody else comes after
>> >me, I can
>> > simply shoot them to death! And THAT's also a constitutional right!

>Only a "dim-witted clueless twit" would take something like that
>seriously.

You posted it.

> And I
>don't think either you or Mabbett are privately taking it seriously,
>but rather are
>pretending to in order for it to serve your purpose (trolling.)

You're delusional. Seek help.

[snip more of Corliss' illogical ranting; and, once again, his broken
sig]