accessing 'Blogger'

chris mcmillan

May 25, 2008, 4:13:08 PM5/25/08
Apparently accessing Blogger.com is hopeless. Anyone know if it can be
'cracked'? Not for me but for someone I know asking on behalf of someone
else. Basically Blogger is a Google site. I do know from what a
sighted friend has told me that Google groups now insist on you using
CAPTCHA every time you want to reply to a posting, BUT they do include
some garbled audio as the alternative.

Sincerely Chris
--
Chris McMillan
http://www.chinavision.org.uk/

Chad Kelly

Jun 1, 2008, 4:07:20 AM6/1/08

chris mcmillan wrote:

> Apparently accessing Blogger.com is hopeless. Anyone know if it can be
> 'cracked'? Not for me but for someone I know asking on behalf of someone
> else. Basically Blogger is a Google site. I do know from what a
> sighted friend has told me that Google groups now insist on you using
> CAPTCHA every time you want to reply to a posting, BUT they do include
> some garbled audio as the alternative.
>
> Sincerely Chris

Nothing can really be done about it. It's up to Google to fix the
problem.
But should you not think about updateing your own site to make it more
accessible? I mean it's not bad but still could do with some work +
the site has not been updated since 2005.

chris mcmillan

Jun 2, 2008, 5:08:12 PM6/2/08
In message
<ec6d4b38-a6a5-4c3a...@l28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
Chad Kelly <spamlovermai...@yahoo.com.au> writes

>chris mcmillan wrote:
>
>> Apparently accessing Blogger.com is hopeless. Anyone know if it can be
>> 'cracked'? Not for me but for someone I know asking on behalf of someone
>> else. Basically Blogger is a Google site. I do know from what a
>> sighted friend has told me that Google groups now insist on you using
>> CAPTCHA every time you want to reply to a posting, BUT they do include
>> some garbled audio as the alternative.
>>
>> Sincerely Chris
>Nothing can really be done about it. It's up to Google to fix the
>problem.

;-( I'll pass it back to my contact.

>But should you not think about updateing your own site to make it more
>accessible? I mean it's not bad but still could do with some work +
>the site has not been updated since 2005.
>--
>Regards Chad. http://freewebdesignonline.org

Giggle. Point taken, Chad. And yes. We were discussing up-dating it
only a couple of weeks ago as we've got a couple more projects under our
belt. And to make a better fist of it this time.

Sincerely chris

Chad Kelly

Jun 3, 2008, 1:19:25 AM6/3/08

chris mcmillan wrote:

Hi Chris.
I could help you out with that if you want, through my Free Web Design
Online project. I have a lot better level of skills now then what I
did three or four years ago. I a FAQ section at http://freewebdesignonline.org/faq.php
that you could check out for all the info of how I now provide the web
design service for non profits.
I have changed things a little to make the service work better.
HTH.

chris mcmillan

Jun 3, 2008, 1:46:10 PM6/3/08
In message
<57cfbe15-77bd-4cc8...@a9g2000prl.googlegroups.com>, Chad
Grin. Thanks for the offer, Chad. It'll be next year before you hear
from us I think.

Sincerely Chris

> through my Free Web Design
>Online project. I have a lot better level of skills now then what I
>did three or four years ago. I a FAQ section at
>http://freewebdesignonline.org/faq.php
>that you could check out for all the info of how I now provide the web
>design service for non profits.
>I have changed things a little to make the service work better.
>HTH.
>--
>Regards Chad. http://freewebdesignonline.org

John Doe

Jun 4, 2008, 11:01:09 PM6/4/08
chris mcmillan <spam...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Basically Blogger is a Google site.

Probably the same that hosts users who like to spam USENET.

> I do know from what a sighted friend has told me that Google
> groups now insist on you using CAPTCHA every time you want to
> reply to a posting, BUT they do include some garbled audio as the
> alternative.

I know this is not a good response your question, but I would avoid
helping anyone with Google since Google couldn't care less about
USENET or the archive. I could cope with them being responsible for
massive amounts of spam flowing into USENET, but apparently they are
destroying the archive too. That's the last straw for me. If the
destruction continues, hopefully someone with a private USENET
archive will step up and take their place.

--
Currently filtering out most Google Groups posts/branches.

chris mcmillan

Jun 5, 2008, 3:31:07 PM6/5/08
In message <VFI1k.4755$jI5....@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com>, John Doe
<jd...@usenetlove.invalid> writes

>chris mcmillan <spam...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Basically Blogger is a Google site.
>
>Probably the same that hosts users who like to spam USENET.
>
>> I do know from what a sighted friend has told me that Google
>> groups now insist on you using CAPTCHA every time you want to
>> reply to a posting, BUT they do include some garbled audio as the
>> alternative.
>
>I know this is not a good response your question, but I would avoid
>helping anyone with Google since Google couldn't care less about
>USENET or the archive.

Well, I did give them the option of coming and asking for help
themselves but I think a lot of these young parents (and they are
parents of babies and young children newly diagnosed with a sight
impairment) are not big users of anything but mail lists or emails. Ngs
seem to be largely unknown.

Thanks anyway.

Chad Kelly

Jun 9, 2008, 6:16:07 AM6/9/08

chris mcmillan wrote:

In answer to your specific question. Did you look at Wordpress? Or any
other blogging software for that matter?
A number of web hosts (mine included) provide a system where you can
easily install them.
Take a look at:
http://wordpress.org/