Debitas, found on a financial web site

phil scott

Apr 7, 2008, 12:48:34 AM4/7/08
Having fun with Debitas
After having an all out argument with Capital One where my card was
used fraudulently - they decided because I take care of my card then
it MUST be my fault.

So they passed it over to Debitas who have written the normal
threatening letters, so I have written to them asking for the CCA etc.
They have been calling persistently now for weeks - so today I decided
to have some fun:

I need to point a couple of things out to those that haven't read the
* I do not recognise the debt as mine, I didn't spend the money so I'm
not giving my good hard earned cash to capital one just because they
think I should be liable for the fraud that happened on my card
* I am taking the correct legal action against Debitas through post -
hence the reason I also refuse to deal with them on the phone
* CAB are seeking some legal advice on my behalf as to whether I can
use the recorded calls
* CAB are also seeking legal advice as to how I would claim against
them for harassment - CAB are adamant that they have breached several
codes of conduct

So, the serious bits are being taken care of - but for now, I'm still
gonna enjoy putting these bully boys in their place.

Debitas: Hello can I speak to Mr X
Me: You are
Debitas: Ok, can you confirm your date of birth
Me: Nope
Debitas: Sorry
Me: You're forgiven
Debitas: Sorry
Me: ...
Debitas: I guess you know what this is about - call us back (hangs up)

Call 2:
Debitas: Hello can I speak to Mr X
Me: Who?
Debitas: Mr X
Me: Why would you like to speak to him?
Debitas: Sorry...?
Me: You're forgiven
Debitas: Is this Mr X
Me: Oh, well why don't you tell me your name first
Debitas: That's irrelevant
Me: But if you want to get to know me then it's only right I get to
know you as well
Debitas: (hangs up)

Call 3:
Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X
Me: He's dead
Debitas: Oh, can you send us a copy of the death certificate?
Me: Nope - I don't know who you are
Debitas: We are Debitas Legal Services part of the capital one group
Me: And...?
Debitas: Erm, give me a sec (hangs up)

Call 4:
Debitas: Hello, can I...
Me: (interupting) I was just sleeping
Debitas: Can I speak to...
Me: (interupting) What, I'm going back to sleep (hangs up)

Call 5:
Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X
Me: Only if I can speak to Santa Claus
Debitas: Sorry (hangs up)

I'm getting to enjoy this now - what other questions should I ask?

Some more calls from them today...

Me: Why hello Debitas, I was worried about you
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: Where have you been, you've not called since last night
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X please
Me: But you haven't explained why you didn't call me
Debitas: Sorry
Me: Well it's been 12 hours since your last call
Debitas: Are you Mr X?
Me: What does your screen tell you?
Debitas: I need to confirm some security questions
Me: That's nice
Debitas: Can you confirm your date of birth?
Me: Maybe - can you ask me nicely
Debitas: I'll call you back in 20 mins (hangs up)

Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X?
Me: Who?
Debitas: Mr X
Me: And why do you want to speak to him
Debitas: That's confidential
Me: So are his whereabouts so we're at a stalemate aren't we?
Debitas: Erm.......(hangs up)

Me: Oh thank goodness you called
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X please?
Me: Who is calling?
Debitas: Debitas
Me: Why are you calling
Debitas: To discuss an outstanding capital one debt
Me: Thank you for breaching the DPA - this call has been recorded
(hangs up)

I'm looking forward to my next call

Just had another one

Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X please?
Me: Maybe
Debitas: Can you confirm your date of birth?
Me: 25/12/00
Debitas: Sorry
Me: 25/12/00 - I am Jesus
Debitas: Sorry
Me: That's Ok, I forgive all sins
Debitas: Is this Mr X
Me: You are speaking to Jesus
Debitas: Urm.....(hangs up)

Me: Hello, Napolean Bonepart speaking
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: No, you're speaking to Napolean Bonepart
Debitas: Is Mr X there?
Me: Yes, he's being sedated, I am Napolean
Debitas: Can you ask Mr X to call us
Me: Do you speak French
Debitas: Erm, No
Me: pourquoi vous n'allez pas bâton votre tête vers le haut de votre
fond (why don't you go stick your head up your bottom)
Debitas: Sorry, I don't speak French
Me: I AM NAPOLEAN!!
Debitas: .... (hangs up)

Me: Hello, Mr X speaking
Debitas: Is that Mr X?
Me: No, it's Mr X
Debitas: Can you tell me your date of birth
Me: Only if you tell me yours
Debitas: I can see you're not willing to help yourself
Me: Help myself to what? Are yu giving something away?
Debitas: We'll call you back (hangs up)

Me: Hello
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: You'll have to speak up, I lost my hearing aid
Debitas: (shouting) Can I speak to Mr X
Me: Speaking - how can I help you
Debitas: This is Mr Y from Debitas
Me: Sorry - speak up
Debitas: (shouting) This is Mr Y from Debitas, I need you to pass some
security questions
Me: That's nice
Debitas: Can you confirm your date of birth and post code?
Me: Sorry - speak up boy!
Debitas: Can you confirm your date of birth and post code?
Me: I don't really want to
Debitas: If it makes you feel any better, these details are available
to the public on the electoral role
Me: Great! Why don't you confirm my details there and call me back!!
Debitas: How is that confirming your identity?
Me: Speak up
Debitas: (shouting) How is that confirming your identity
Me: I don't need to confirm my identity - I know who I am
Debitas: Right Mr X, I assume you know what this is about, have you
received our letters?
Me: Oh hang on, I've just found my hearing aid
Debitas: You are not helping yourself and you'll learn this in the
future
Me: Oh dear - are you gonna send the boys around?
Debitas: A bailiff may be sent around
Me: Oh I hope he's the rugby type - does he have a firm bum?
Debitas: Keep your mobile on Mr X (hangs up)

I'm now sure they are just passing my number around the office, here's
the next instalment!

Me: Hello emergency services, how may I direct your call?
Debitas: I am looking for Mr X
Me: Are you in need of help from police, fire or ambulance sir?
Debitas: Sorry
Me: You are through to the emergency services - what is your
emergency?
Debitas: ... (hangs up)

These are surely the last calls of the evening:

Me: Hello, thank you for calling Mr X, Calls may be recorded for
quality and monitoring purposes. Please select from the following
options to continue...
Debitas: (silence)
Me: Press 1 if you are a moron, Press 2 if you are cute, Press 3 if
you'd like some money, Press 4 if you'd like to give me some money or
press the hash key to get high
Debitas: (a button is pressed)
Me: (hangs up)

Immediately afterwards, I mean seconds since the previous call!!

Me: (groan) Grrrrrrrrrrr, Hello
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X?
Me: nnnnnnnn, uuuuuuurrrrr, groan, grrrrrrr .... yeah, who's calling?
Debitas: It's debitas
Me: Ok, give me a....groan....sec.....ggrrrrr, oooooucch, aaaaargh,
ooooooo, Aaaaah!
Debitas: Are you ok?
Me: Yup, uuuuurgh, aaah, .... just finishing
Debitas: (hangs up)

I'm sure they won't call after 9pm - at least I'm hoping they won't
cause I'm running out of ideas!!

THEY HAD THE CHEEK TO JUST CALL AGAIN!!

Me: Hulo
Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X
Me: Who?
Debitas: Mr X, who am I speaking to?
Me: It's the burglars
Debitas: Sorry?
Me: It's the burglars - we're just leaving there's not much here
Debitas: Is Mr X there?
Me: I hope not, he might catch me
Debitas: Who is this?
Me: it's the burglars - you're not too bright are you?
Debitas: What address are you at?
Me: I dunno but there was a window open
Debitas: ... (hangs up)

Seriously - I'm gonna go to town with these guys, especially after
requesting all communication to be by letter - they have also failed
to provide the CCA and the next letter is on the way to them.

But, for the 17th!! time today, I got a call - that's not including
the 3 sms I also received!

Me: Hello
Debitas: Can I speak with Mr X please?
Me: Oh, you said please, are you new?
Debitas: Is Mr X there?
Me: You're speaking with him
Debitas: Ok, for security can I just confirm your date of birth?
Me: Go ahead then...
Debitas: What is your date of birth?
Me: I thought you already have it
Debitas: Yes, but I need you to confirm it
Me: Why should I confirm it when you already have it?
Debitas: For security
Me: Who's security
Debitas: For our security
Me: Oh, so you don't care about my security?
Debitas: That's not what I meant
Me: Well you've upset me now...
Debitas: Can you confirm your post code?
Me: Hmmph
Debitas: Your post code?
Me: I'm not telling you
Debitas: This is not helping
Me: That's a shame, are you getting upset?
Debitas: Why do you not want to confirm your details?
Me: Cause they are my little secret
Debitas: These phone calls will continue until you confirm your
details
Me: That's nice, I'm kinda enjoying them, you see, I get very lonely
by myself
Debitas:...
Me: I'm assuming your lonely too - what with working valentines day,
did you get any presents?
Debitas: That is not relevant
Me: I didn't get anything, not even a card - but you guys have been
nice enough to call me 17 times today
Debitas: Will you please confirm your details?
Me: Go on then, ask me what they are...
Debitas: What is your date of birth?
Me: I'm still not telling you
Debitas: Your post code
Me: Where do you live?
Debitas: I'm not at liberty to divulge that information
Me: snap!!
Debitas: We will call you again tomorrow
Me: I'm waiting with baited breath (hangs up)

Only 2 calls from them so far today, one at 8am and the other at
9am...

Me: Good morning, gonorrhea helpline - can I help you
Debitas: Is Mr X there?
Me: Sorry, this is the gonorrhea helpline, are you suffering from a
burning sensation?
Debitas: Erm....
Me: Do you have a discharge?
Debitas: Uh...
Me: Have you been to your local STD clinic
Debitas: (hangs up)

Call 2

Me: Good morning, St Peter speaking
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X?
Me: Aah, you'd like to speak to God
Debitas: No, Mr X
Me: Yes, he's known as god up here
Debitas: May I speak with him?
Me: Of course, I'll just check he's not busy with Beezlebub again
Debitas: Ok
I then keep them on hold for a few mins
Me: Hello, God speaking
Debitas: Is that Mr X
Me: I'm known as God now
Debitas: Er...Can I ask you a few security questions?
Me: Yes - I know everything
Debitas: Can I take your date of birth?
Me: I was born 13.7 billion years ago - at the same time as the big
bang
Debitas: Is this Mr X?
Me: It's god my child
Debitas: Can you confirm your postcode?
Me: I'm everywhere
Debitas: Sorry?
Me: You're forgiven my child
Debitas: Is this Mr X?
Me: Are you wasting my time? I have famines and wars to sort out you
know
Debitas: Can you please hold?
Me: No, I have satan on line 2
Debitas: (hangs up)

I wonder how many more calls I will get today?!

Just had the 10am call - looks like it's gonna be on the hour, every
hour today!!

Me: Hello!! You're on the Dave show with me, Dave, for £10,000 answer
the following question - who have been nominated the worst debt
collectors in the UK?
Debitas: Er....
Me: You're live on air - I need an answer!
Debitas: (hangs up)

Oh, the 11am call came 20 minutes early!!

Me: Hello, trading standards
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X please?
Me: Who is calling
Debitas: It's debitas legal services
Me: Mr X said you would call, you're through to trading standards -
can you tell me the registered address for your company?
Debitas: (hangs up)

Two more to report!!

Me: Hello
Debitas: May I speak to Mr X please
Me: Why?
Debitas: Er...I need to speak to Mr X
Me: Why?
Debitas: I can only discuss that with Mr X
Me: Why?
Debitas: It's confidential
Me: Why?
Debitas: Is Mr X there?
Me: Why?
Debitas: I need to speak to him
Me: Why?
Debitas: (hangs up)

Me: Hello
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: I'm afraid he's just had a terrible accident
Debitas: Oh, ok, ...
Me: You see he was holding on to a barrel of bricks that was heavier
than him and when it fell he shot up in the air...
Debitas: Uhu...
Me: He flew up 5 stories then the barrel hit the ground, spilling out
the bricks and he started to fall again
Debitas: Can you ask him to call Debitas
Me: He's seriously injured
Debitas: Just pass the message on (hangs up)

And another one, so far they are up to 7 today! Wonder if they are
gonna try and beat yesterdays record?

Me: Hello
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: (singing) He's, In the jungle
Debitas: Eh...?
Me: The mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight
Debitas: Hello?
Me: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight
Debitas: Is that Mr X?
Me: (silence)
Debitas: (after a couple of mins) Mr X?
Me: (loud as can be) a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-
weh
Debitas: (hangs up)

Originally Posted by zincoxide
And another one, so far they are up to 7 today! Wonder if they are
gonna try and beat yesterdays record?

Me: Hello
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: (singing) He's, In the jungle
Debitas: Eh...?
Me: The mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight
Debitas: Hello?
Me: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight
Debitas: Is that Mr X?
Me: (silence)
Debitas: (after a couple of mins) Mr X?
Me: (loud as can be) a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-
weh
Debitas: (hangs up)

how about next time saying, "I'll just go and get him" then put the
phone down on the side and see how long it is before they get fed up
waiting and hang up

Ladies & Gentlemen - call number 8!!

Me: Hello big boy (in my campest voice)
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X?
Me: Oh, you've got a nice voice - are you single?
Debitas: Is that Mr X?
Me: Waaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?
Debitas: Sorry
Me: Waaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?
Debitas: Are you Mr X?
Me: Waaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?
Debitas: I need to ask you some security questions
Me: Waaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?
Debitas: Can you please listen carefully
Me: Oh, go on - just do it, you know you want to
Debitas: Do what?
Me: Waaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?
Debitas: No sir - can you confirm your date of birth?
Me: Only if you do it
Debitas: Er...
Me: Go on, I'm having a bad day and it'll cheer me up
Debitas: (meekly) What's up?
Me: No, it's Waaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?
Debitas: We'll cal you back (hangs up)

Me: Oh hello - is that Debitas, I'm so happy you called
Debitas: Is that Mr X?
Me: Yes, I've been really worried, apparently I owe you money
Debitas: That's right Mr X, in connection with your capital one
account
Me: I must've forgotten clean all about it
Debitas: I'll just ask you some security questions then we can proceed
to payment
Me: Oh yes - of course
Debitas: What is your Date of Birth
Me: (give them wrong DOB)
Debitas: Oh, that's not what I've got here
Me: What have you got?
Debitas: I've got the x of x, 19xx
Me: Oh no, that's not me
Debitas: Can you confirm your postcode?
Me: (give them wrong post code)
Debitas: Is that your current address?
Me: Yes - I've lived here all my life, why what post code have you
got?
Debitas: We've got XXX XXX
Me: Nope, never lived there, how much do I owe you?
Debitas: £591.63
Me: Can I speak to a supervisor please
Debitas: I am a supervisor
Me: You're not the smartest supervisor are you?
Debitas: Sorry
Me: Well, that's 3 different pieces of data you have given me which
goes against DPA
Debitas: Erm....(hangs up)

So happy I'm recording these calls - need to buy more memory for my
phone!!

Call number 10 - think I might switch my phone off for a while after
this one! Decided to go with movie quotes!

Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X?
Me: You had me at hello
Debitas: Are you Mr X
Me: You talkin' to me?
Debitas: Mr X?
Me: Nobody puts baby in the corner
Debitas: I need to confirm some security questions with you
Me: Go ahead punk
Debitas: Can I take your date of birth?
Me: Say hello to my little friend
Debitas: What is your postcode?
Me: Do you want the truth?
Debitas: er, yes
Me: YOU can't handle the truth!!
Debitas: Mr X, you are not being very helpful
Me: Show me the money
Debitas: We may be forced to take legal action
Me: My momma said life was like a box of chocolates...
Debitas: (interupting) We will call you back tonight (hangs up)

And another call - was beginning to think they'd forgotten about me!!

Me: Erm....Hello....
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: Just a second...
Me: He's just finishing a sacrifice
Debitas: Uh...
Me: Oh here he is
Me: Hello?
Debitas: Hello Mr X, can I please confirm your date of birth and post
code?
Me: Who are you?
Debitas: It's debitas legal services
Me: What religion are you?
Debitas: What?
Me: What religion are you?
Debitas: I'm not calling to discuss your religion
Me: No - but I want to know yours
Debitas: Can you please confirm the security questions?
Me: Not until I know what religion you are - this might just be a
trick, I know what catholics are like
Debitas: I'm not catholic
Me: Oh, so your a protestant then?
Debitas: No...
Me: So what, are you one of those bloody atheists?
Debitas: Can you please...
Me: Well tell me, what religion are you?
Debitas: (hangs up)

And another - they get more regular at this time of night - they must
presume you've had a long hard day and are gonna give in easily!!

Me: Julius Caesar speaking
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: That used to be my name, now I'm known as Caesar
Debitas: (sounding resigned) Ok, well Caesar, can you tell me your
date of birth
Me: How dare you take that tone of voice with the great Caesar
Debitas: What is your post code?
Me: My what? I have armies conquering the world - are you one of those
saxons?
Debitas: I need to confirm your security details
Me: I have enough security - no-one can get near me
Debitas: I mean the details we have
Me: How do you know about the great Caesar?
Debitas: You used to have a capital one account, is that correct?
Me: A what? You saxons are all alike, you even named a cat food after
me, stop insulting the great Caesar!!!!
Debitas: We are going to put this account forward for legal action
Me: I have the greatest thinkers of the world at my disposal
Debitas: Whatever (hangs up)

Surely you'd think they'd finish at 9pm, but no - the calls continue!!

Me: Hello, Gordon's Bordello Vegas - the hottest girls in town!
Debitas: Er...Hello?
Me: You're speaking with Gordon - would you like to book a massage?
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X?
Me: Oh, Mr X is a very busy man - he regularly services our, well,
services
Debitas: Is Mr X there?
Me: Oh yes - but he's telling me he doesn't wish to speak with you
Debitas: Can you tell him it's important
Me: I'll tell him when he's finished - I don't like interrupting our
high spenders
Debitas: (sigh) Can you ask him to call Debitas
Me: Of course, and while you're on the phone, would you like to
experience the delight of a vegas showgirl?
Debitas: (hangs up)

I reckon this will be the last one of the night...

Me: Thank you for calling Mr X - he might be drunk just now
Debitas: Can I speak with Mr X?
Me: You're speaking with him
Debitas: Oh...Can I ask you some security questions?
Me: No
Debitas: I need to confirm your details before I continue the call
Me: Well you'll just need to cut the call short then won't you?
Debitas: Can you confirm your post code?
Me: Nope!! Still you can call me back tomorrow
Debitas: We need...
Me: (interrupting) Actually, could you call around 9am, will save me
from setting my alarm clock
Debitas: Can you tell me your date of birth?
Me: Will you call me in the morning?
Debitas: (getting frustrated!) we have been calling you all day Mr X,
it seems like you don't want to help us resolve the issue
Me: What issue?
Debitas: Your outstanding balance
Me: Whoops! How do you know I'm Mr X?
Debitas: By asking you security questions
Me: But you told me I have an outstanding balance - do you know what,
I'm calling myself Mr Y now
Debitas: Sorry?
Me: You're not speaking to Mr X, I was just pretending, I'm really Mr
Debitas: ok (hangs up)

Just the one today so far...

Me: Debitas Legal Services
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: You're through to Debitas Legal Services, can I take your name or
account number?
Debitas: What?
Me: Have you received a letter from us?
Debitas: I'm calling from Debitas Legal Services
Me: Really - why you calling into the same office?
Debitas: I'm not...
Me: What number have you rang?
Debitas: 07xxx xxx xxx
Me: Well why has it came through on my office phone - did you dial for
an outside line?
Debitas: Erm...yes
Me: I don't think you have, try again (hangs up)

Call number 3!!

Me: Hello
Debitas: Can I speak with Mr X?
Me: Do you not want to speak with me?
Debitas: I need to speak to Mr X
Me: Oh, well hold on and I'll get him

I put the phone down at this point and carried on watching the tv &
eating a sandwich. So approximately ten minutes later...

Me: Hello
Debitas: Is that Mr X?
Me: No - he's just coming, hold on

This time I put the benny hill music on in the background...5 minutes
later...

Me: Hello?
Debitas: Ah, is that Mr X?
Me: No - I promise he won't be long
Debitas: Can I leave...
Me: (interrupting) Oh, here he comes, hang on

Again, the phone goes down and I proceed to have a 15 minute phone
call on the landline to my best mate, telling him about this dumb debt
company that keep calling...

Me: Hello
Debitas: Is that Mr X now?
Me: Who?
Debitas: Mr X (sounding really annoyed)
Me: No - I think you must have the wrong number (hangs up)

The calls are coming thick & fast now!!

Me: Hello
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X?
Me: I can mash potato
Debitas: Is Mr X there?
Me: I can do the twist
Debitas: Is that Mr X
Me: Now tell me baby
Debitas: (getting annoyed) I need to speak with Mr X
Me: Do you like it like this?
Debitas:...
Me: (now singing again!) Do you love me?
Debitas:...
Me: Do you love me? Now that I can dan----ance------ance---yeah, watch
me now!
Debitas: (hangs up)

And yet another - hopefully they finish at 7!!

Me: Hello
Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X
Me: Yes - just a second
Me: Hello - and merry christmas!!
Debitas: Is that Mr X?
Me: Yes - I can't talk too long, the Turkey is coming out the oven
Debitas: I need to ask you some security questions
Me: What on Christmas day?
Debitas: Sorry?
Me: Why are you working on Christmas day?
Debitas: It's February
Me: Not here it's not, oh, are you calling from the future?
Debitas: Can you tell me your date of birth?
Me: I hate getting these calls from the future - what date is where
you are?
Debitas: What?
Me: What date is it?
Debitas: It's the 16th of February
Me: Oh, it's Christmas day here - Merry Christmas!!
Debitas: I need to confirm your details
Me: Oh right, sorry, the brandy is making me merry *hic*
Debitas: Can I take your post code?
Me: Hang on - what is this in connection with?
Debitas: Your capital one account
Me: Are you a debt collector?
Debitas: We are
Me: I'm not in debt - oh, this must mean I get in debt in the future,
that's a bummer
Debitas: I need to confirm your details
Me: You see, I bought a delorean and it took me back in time when I
hit 88mph
Debitas: Wha....
Me: (interrupting) I'm celebrating Christmas just now, it'll be new
year soon but I don't feel like celebrating knowing that I'm gonna be
in debt
Debitas: What?
Me: Sorry, you probably don't understand this, it's the 25th of
December 2007 where I am - you see I got transported back in time by
my delorean
Debitas: You are at risk of legal action
Me: Oh, I'm definitely not gonna celebrate new years now, in fact, I
don't even feel like having my dinner now
Debitas: I....
Me: (interrupting) Those chipolatas look so good too - with bacon
wrapped round them
Debitas: Do you know how serious this is?
Me: Oh, I know! I'm in the past so I can stop myself getting into debt
and then you'll never call me
Debitas: I...
Me: (interrupting) But then if I do that, you should never have called
me in the first place - oh this is so confusing
Debitas: I....
Me: (interurrupting) I know what, I'll buy an Almanac and start
betting like Biff does
Debitas: These calls will continue Mr X until you accept your
responsibilities
Me: I wonder if O2 charge you extra for calling me in the past
Debitas: (hangs up)

**** HOW TO END IT

This is a great thread, one thing they have breached DPA several times
so I would write into their complaints dept advising them of this and
that you will go to the financial ombudsman, you will probably find
they will write the debt off as it will cost them less to do this than
it would if they got fined for breach of DPA.
the great capital one who advertise on tv everyday about fraud
protection on their cards!!

Thanks for the messages! Apparently Debitas DO work on Sundays -
although I've missed the 2 calls they made.

I will be taking legal action against them, gonna write to them once
more and explain how they have defaulted on the CCA etc. I'm also
gonna pop into CAB tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.
Need to be careful about the calls I've recorded so far - if I can,
then I'll be posting them somewhere to give folks a great laugh.
Hopefully all the DFW will see this thread and start using some of the
ideas, it's about time we got our own back on these bullies.

They are getting brave now - only the one call from them so far today
and this time he said he was a manager!! Fun!!

Me: Hello
Debitas: May I speak to Mr X?
Me: Who's calling?
Debitas: It's Debitas Legal Services
Me: You're speaking to Mr X
Debitas: I need to confirm your date of birth
Me: Hang on - can I take your name first
Debitas: It's Mr Mahmood
Me: Can you spell it for me
Debitas: It's Mr, them M A H M O O D
Me: Ok, and what is your job title?
Debitas: I'm a manager here
Me: Is manager your job title?
Debitas: Yes - now can I confirm your date of birth?
Me: Well, I've been through this with loads of you guys now, the
simple answer is no
Debitas: (obviously annoyed) Listen Mr X, we have notes on our screen
that tell me about all your calls...
Me: (interrupting) oh good - you can see it amounts to harassment
then?
Debitas: We know your not Caesar or Jesus, we know this is Mr X
Me: Oh dear - you caught me!!
Debitas: (annoyed) now give me your date of birth
Me: Actually Mr Mahmood - there's something you should know
Debitas: What?
Me: Are you sitting down?
Debitas: (sigh) what?
Me: This is very important...
Debitas: What is it?
Me: Mr Mahmood.... (silence for about a minute)
Me: Mr Mahmood - (loud voice) I am your father!
Debitas: (sigh) Mr X?
Me: Yes - (choked up) son!!
Debitas: Mr X, you are not helping yourself
Me: I....
Debitas: (hangs up)

Seems like there is only one person left that is willing to call, I
hope we become good friends!! I must point out the Vodafone advert had
just been on.

Me: Hello
Debitas: Hello, is that Mr X?
Me: Yes
Debitas: It's Mr Mahmood from Debitas Legal Services
Me: Oh hello - how are you?
Debitas: I need to ask you some security questions
Me: What? Again? Ok go ahead...
Debitas: What is your date of birth?
Me: (singing, again!) I never thought I'd miss you
Debitas: Mr X...
Me: Half as much as I do
Debitas: Mr X...
Me: And I never thought I'd feel this way, the way I feel, about you
Debitas: Very funny Mr X....
Me: (louder) As soon as I wake up, Every night every day
Debitas: This....
Me: I know that it's you that I need
Debitas: Mr X...
Me: (louder still) To take the blues away
Debitas: ...
Me: (silence)
Debitas: Mr X, these calls will continue
Me: (silence)
Debitas: Now can I take your date of birth?
Me: (silence)
Debitas: Mr X?
Me: (I couldn't help myself) (practically screaming) a-weema-weh, a-
weema-weh
(Line goes dead)

Alright - this thread seems to be taking on a life of it's own!! A
huge thank you to everyone that visits - just gives me more strength
to keep answering the calls although only 2 today!!

I need to point a couple of things out to those that haven't read the
* I do not recognise the debt as mine, I didn't spend the money so I'm
not giving my good hard earned cash to capital one just because they
think I should be liable for the fraud that happened on my card
* I am taking the correct legal action against Debitas through post -
hence the reason I also refuse to deal with them on the phone
* CAB are seeking some legal advice on my behalf as to whether I can
use the recorded calls
* CAB are also seeking legal advice as to how I would claim against
them for harassment - CAB are adamant that they have breached several
codes of conduct

So, the serious bits are being taken care of - but for now, I'm still
gonna enjoy putting these bully boys in their place.

capricious

Apr 7, 2008, 3:19:53 AM4/7/08

hahahahaha i cant believe i read this whole thread