Kingston-Sloan Chess Challenge

Garth Bader

Oct 31, 2005, 2:55:09 PM10/31/05
Kingston said:"So, Sam -- when may we expect those "immediate corrections"
you are
supposedly famous for? Have you updated your Wikipedia entry to remove the
errors? I realize that would not leave much, but a man's gotta do what a
man's gotta do."<<<

Them thar is FIGHTIN WORDS. Sounds like your mouth wrote a check that your
brain can't cash. Sam Sloan can still kick your ass on any side of a Chess
Board.

Accept Sam Sloan's Chess Challenge OR CONCEDE Defeat and admit that you,
Taylor Kingston, are the Weakest Link.

parrt...@cs.com

Oct 31, 2005, 9:53:36 PM10/31/05
THE WEAKEST LINK

<Accept Sam Sloan's Chess Challenge OR CONCEDE Defeat and admit that

you, Taylor Kingston, are the Weakest Link.> -- "Garth Bader"

I have no doubt that Sam will make corrections
to the Whitaker piece at Wikipedia, and he may even
thank NM Taylor Kingston, the 1800-rated player who
claimed to be 2300+ ELO for the emendations.

However, I do not expect NM Kingston to correct
the, ah, error he made about his own rating. Nor do
we expect him to answer whether he was Xylothist,
defending himself under a false name when the
intellectual heat got too hot under his own name.

Sam will do the right thing. I'm certain
that NM Kingston will not.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Louis Blair

Nov 1, 2005, 10:40:11 AM11/1/05
Larry Parr wrote (31 Oct 2005 18:53:36 -0800):

> I have no doubt that Sam will make corrections

> to the ...

_
Will we ever see a Sam Sloan correction to this
statement?
_
"In his book reviews attacking Eric Schiller,
Raymond Keene, Larry Evans and Larry Parr,
Taylor Kingston claimed to be a 2300+ Elo
rated player." - Sam Sloan (Fri, 23 Sep 2005
08:00:14 GMT)
_
How would Larry Parr classify it? Would he call it
an "incomplete thought"?

_

Larry Parr wrote (31 Oct 2005 18:53:36 -0800):

> However, I do not expect NM Kingston to

> correct ...

_
Will we ever see a correction from Larry Parr
for this statement?
_
"The latest Louie Blair variation is he did not
know about my repeated statement that Mike
Murray reproduced what I wrote without material
difference." - Larry Parr (19 Oct 2005
18:35:36 -0700)
_
"This is false. Larry Parr should apologize
promptly." - Louis Blair (19 Oct 2005
18:53:08 -0700)
_
What about a correction from Larry Parr on
this incident?
_
"Louis Blair's essential dishonesty has been to
quote statements by this writer in which he left
out the 'as' or 'like' words referring to similes."
- Larry Parr (14 Jun 2005 09:00:03 -0700)
_
Of course, Larry Parr gave no evidence at all.
_
On 14 Jun 2005 12:46:41 -0700, I pointed out that
I had not contributed any quotes to the discussion
that involved 'as' or 'like' words.
_
Larry Parr came back with:
_
"So, then, Louie Blair did indeed post some
'names' that I allegedly called that included
as 'as' and 'like' similes.
_
That's called dishonest." - Larry Parr
(14 Jun 2005 20:07:48 -0700)
_
Still "without a shred of evidence". Still wrong.

Bruce Leverett

Nov 1, 2005, 10:43:51 AM11/1/05

"Mr. Bellsouth.net", ad nauseum.

Taylor Kingston

Nov 1, 2005, 10:45:30 AM11/1/05

l...@blackburn.edu wrote:
> Will we ever see a Sam Sloan correction to this
> statement?
> Will we ever see a correction from Larry Parr
> for this statement?

Louis, your questions bring to mind a scene from the film "L.A.
Confidential" (1997). LAPD Captain Dudley Smith (James Cromwell) tells
Sgt. Jack Vincennes (Kevin Spacey) something to effect of: "Don't start
trying to do the right thing now, boyo. You haven't had the practice."

Tom Klem

Nov 1, 2005, 2:18:46 PM11/1/05

"Taylor Kingston" <tkin...@chittenden.com> wrote in message

Wasn't that right before he shot him dead?

:)

Taylor Kingston

Nov 1, 2005, 3:17:37 PM11/1/05

Tom Klem wrote:
> "Taylor Kingston" <tkin...@chittenden.com> wrote in message
> > Louis, your questions bring to mind a scene from the film "L.A.
> > Confidential" (1997). LAPD Captain Dudley Smith (James Cromwell) tells
> > Sgt. Jack Vincennes (Kevin Spacey) something to effect of: "Don't start
> > trying to do the right thing now, boyo. You haven't had the practice."
>
> Wasn't that right before he shot him dead?

Right through the heart.

Todd Gruman

Nov 1, 2005, 5:28:03 PM11/1/05
"Bruce Leverett" <> "Mr. Bellsouth.net", ad nauseum.>

what's your excuse?

Pull your face away from Taylor's ass-crack, and keep telling your friends
that the reason that you smell like vaseline is because you work in the
Petroleum Industry.

parrt...@cs.com

Nov 1, 2005, 8:26:27 PM11/1/05
THE DIFFERENCE

I am certain Sam Sloan will make revisions on the
Wikipedia entry about Norman Whitaker. NM Taylor
Kingston wants him to hurry, etc. He hopes for other
errors from Sam.

We are certain: 1. NM Taylor Kingston will not
apologize for telling us that he was 2300+ ELO
when he is an 1800-class A player; and 2. NM Kingston
will not tell us whether he was Xylothist, defending
his writing dishonestly under a false name when the
intellectual heat got a bit fiery.

In short, Sam will get the work done, even under
time pressure that NM Kingston tries to apply, and our
fake NM will not admit his lie either about his rating or
his use of pseudonym(s) to defend himself when he could
no longer do so under his own name.

That is the measure of difference between the
two men. One makes corrections, makes admissions; the
other lies ludicrously about his strength and won't
tell us whether he was Xylothist when he could no
longer handle appearing under his own name.

Todd Gruman

Nov 1, 2005, 10:24:47 PM11/1/05
parrthenon@ Sam will get the work done, even under time pressure that NM

Kingston tries to apply, and our fake NM will not admit his lie either about
his rating or his use of pseudonym(s) to defend himself when he could no
longer do so under his own name.

As you can all see TAYLOR KINGSTON seems to be gutless. He has not taken up
the Chess Challenge against Sam Sloan. Kingston has a big mouth, but
apparently he can't back it up. He has not responded to the Chess Challenge.
What kind of Chess Expert Writer backs down from a Chess Match?

Last chance to save your Reputation and defend your Honor, Mr. Kingston.
Reply to the Sam Sloan Chess Challenge or show the big yellow streak on your
back for all to see.

Tom Klem

Nov 2, 2005, 1:28:30 AM11/2/05
What's the difference between a liar who achieves the effect he wants, and
then retracts (when almost no one cares anymore), and Sam Sloan.

Answer: none

I fail to understand why you are trying to clean up the Sloth. For goodness
sake, borrow the G4, stop in at La Guardia, hop up to Brooklyn, and use the
fire hose on him. Lot's of fun, but you won't see any difference.

Sam is, like so many here, willfully wicked.

Some call it courage. I call it rot.

Tom Klem

<parrt...@cs.com> wrote in message

Tom Klem

Nov 2, 2005, 1:32:49 AM11/2/05

"Todd Gruman" <toddg...@earthlink.com> wrote in message

> parrthenon@ Sam will get the work done, even under time pressure that NM
> Kingston tries to apply, and our fake NM will not admit his lie either
> about
> his rating or his use of pseudonym(s) to defend himself when he could no
> longer do so under his own name.
>>

> As you can all see TAYLOR KINGSTON seems to be gutless. He has not taken
> up
> the Chess Challenge against Sam Sloan. Kingston has a big mouth, but
> apparently he can't back it up. He has not responded to the Chess
> Challenge.
> What kind of Chess Expert Writer backs down from a Chess Match?

As a matter of fact, Sam Sloan himself. There has been a standing match
offer between him and Stan Vaughan for years (c 1997) involving a large
purse. All Sam has to do is play a person who he has called "a weak expert".

Either he's too chicken, or ... ??

Well, what is it?

I guess Sam is deploying the strategy that if he waits long enough, Stan
will have been so far removed from Chess that he might even lose a game or
two out of the twelve game match.

You really should study Sam. Ornithologists who have are on the noblesse
prize list. Way down on the noblesse prize list to be sure, but at least
they are on it.

Tom Klem

Louis Blair

Nov 2, 2005, 9:48:04 AM11/2/05
Larry Parr wrote (1 Nov 2005 17:26:27 -0800)

_

Will we ever see a Sam Sloan correction to this
statement?

_
"In his book reviews attacking Eric Schiller,
Raymond Keene, Larry Evans and Larry Parr,
Taylor Kingston claimed to be a 2300+ Elo
rated player." - Sam Sloan (Fri, 23 Sep 2005
08:00:14 GMT)
_
How would Larry Parr classify it? Would he call it
an "incomplete thought"?
_

Will we ever see a correction from Larry Parr
for this statement?

Louis Blair

Nov 2, 2005, 10:26:39 AM11/2/05

(3Eu9f.26386$_31....@bignews5.bellsouth.net)

_

Todd Gruman wrote (Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:24:47 EST):

> As you can all see TAYLOR KINGSTON seems to be

> gutless. ...
(3kW9f.27413$NJ....@bignews7.bellsouth.net)

_
A google search for pre-Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:55:09 -0500
rgcp notes of Garth Bader and Todd Gruman fails to
produce anything. They appear to have decided to start
posting at rgcp in order to join Larry Parr in attacking
Taylor Kingston. All three avoid the usual way of
providing quotes from previous notes in the discussion.

jr

Nov 2, 2005, 11:04:41 AM11/2/05
"Still "without a shred of evidence". Still wrong." -- Louis Blair
(who still doesn't realize a period belongs inside the quote).

ECHOLALIA is a condition characterized by the uncontrollable and
immediate repetition of words or phrases.

Professor Blair is a parody of himself by repeating inane questions
that don't pertain to the threads in question.

Message has been deleted

Louis Blair

Nov 2, 2005, 4:09:20 PM11/2/05
"jr" (posting-host=207.200.116.66)

wrote (2 Nov 2005 08:04:41 -0800):

> ECHOLALIA is a condition characterized by the
> uncontrollable and immediate repetition of words
> or phrases.

_
An interesting topic for "jr" to raise. A google
search over the last 150 days for Larry Parr rgcp
notes containing the number, 2300, produces over
100 hits. See the subjects:
_
Parr Answers Kingston's Questions
Taylor Kingston caught lying again, says that his Elo rating was 2300+
Natrol brainSpeed
High-rolling with Sam Sloan
Taylor Kingston vs. Sam Sloan: FACE TO FACE
I want to kick in $500 for the 1st Annual RGCP Invitational Grudge
Match!
Grudge match: Sloan vs. Kingston or Sloan vs. Bauer.
$800 already pledged for Sloan vs. Brock Grudge Match! Need $200 more!
Grudge match -- use the Net
Gay Chess Federation
What is Parr's rating?
No level playing field
What Kingston doesn't like
Pig-wrestling in Chicago
Thanks for some very interesting chess! (re: 1st Annual RGCP Grudge
Match)
Grudge match: Sloan vs. Kingston
Who is telling the truth
Does George John Really Exist?
The n-word
Chinatown
Polygraph grudge match
Rage of the Librarians
Political Rating Floors
Comments on Shahcom informercial
Parr in love?
Booz in pain
Calling on Bill Brock
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner
Beatriz saved the USCF
Parr's definition of "International Swiss" tournament
Review of Books by Taylor Kingston
Parr on the OCTC again
Misleading Book Titles.
Code of Conduct
Taking a Break from rgcp
The Kingston Sweeps
Selective Umbrage
This joint is almost dead
Since the USCF forum exists, there's no reason to be here, is there?
Moderated forums
Whatever happened to...?
ChessCafe blackmailing USCF?
Question about holding onto the World Title
Book sales, Schiller, and USCF
Question for Parr on Evans quote
Another sweetheart deal?
Another Schiller Gaffe
Schiller, Westerinen, and Myers
Taylor Kingston's Negative Review of Schiller book on Fischer
Elizabeth Shaughnessy has resigned as Calchess President
Kingston-Sloan Chess Challenge
_
It appears that we can now expect, on average almost once
per day, a note from Larry Parr with the number 2300.
_
"people in glass houses should not throw stones."
- Larry Parr (31 May 2005 13:11:20 -0700)
(posting-host=207.200.116.132)
_
_
By the way, the earliest rgcp "jr" note (that I know of)
was the one on 12 Jul 2005 15:35:40 -0700.
(posting-host=207.200.116.132) It complained about
"silly attacks on Larry Parr and Sam Sloan". Like
Garth Bader, Todd Gruman, and Larry Parr, "jr" seems
to have an aversion to the usual way of providing quotes
from previous notes in a discussion.
_
"Dear jr,
_
You have taken my side in most of these disputes, ..."
- Larry Parr (19 Oct 2005 20:32:35 -0700)
(posting-host=207.200.116.66)

Message has been deleted

Sam Sloan

Nov 5, 2005, 2:00:15 PM11/5/05
I admit that Kingston is better than me. I apologize to Kingston for
doubting him. He owns me big time. I'll do his laundry for a month.

Sam Sloan