Grandfathered vision and EVDO

Don

Jun 15, 2006, 9:33:23 PM6/15/06
Does an old plan with unlimited vision allow you to use EVDO if you
get an evdo phone? If not, how much or little does evdo cost extra?

sraike

Jun 19, 2006, 12:11:17 AM6/19/06
I have just such a plan and with my new A900 EVDO works just fine and is
MUCH faster than the older access.

"Don" <r...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

sraike

Don

Jun 19, 2006, 6:37:07 AM6/19/06
Did yhey just switch phones, or do you have to pay extra for the EVDO?

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:11:17 -0500, "sraike" <stu...@swraike.com>

skip

Jun 19, 2006, 9:29:02 AM6/19/06
"sraike" <stu...@swraike.com> wrote in

No matter what you hear. EVDO will cost extra. 15 dollars a month will get
you EVDO but with no Text messages. Your grandfatherd plan will go away.

Mij Adyaw

Jun 19, 2006, 5:35:49 PM6/19/06
From what I understand that it not true. You can ask for a simple ESN swap.
One of the Sprint reps was at the WA booth at Costco yesterday and I asked
him.

"skip" <skip[@nospam.com> wrote in message

Don

Jun 19, 2006, 6:24:08 PM6/19/06
Can they do it at Costco, or do I call it in to Sprint Customer
Service?

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:35:49 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <m...@RagHead.com>

skip

Jun 19, 2006, 7:01:12 PM6/19/06
"Mij Adyaw" <m...@RagHead.com> wrote in news:SMElg.5$Nv.0@fed1read10:

> I bought my Phone at Costco in Culver city and NO way would I get my old
plan back. I called everyone at Sprint NO WAY

Mij Adyaw

Jun 19, 2006, 7:31:23 PM6/19/06
You needed to just buy the phone and have an ESN swap done. Do not sign-up
for a new Vision Plan.

"skip" <skip[@nospam.com> wrote in message

Joel Kolstad

Jun 19, 2006, 8:27:51 PM6/19/06
"Mij Adyaw" <m...@RagHead.com> wrote in message news:SMElg.5$Nv.0@fed1read10...

> From what I understand that it not true. You can ask for a simple ESN swap.
> One of the Sprint reps was at the WA booth at Costco yesterday and I asked
> him.

Correct; ESN swaps work fine. I had a grandfathered Vision plan -- with
unlimited text messages -- that worked peachy with EVDO. Unfortunately I went
to change phones in April, and a Sprint store employee told me that he was
surprised my current phone worked on EVDO -- "that plan isn't supposed to
work; here, I'll change you to the CORRECT plan." Poof! --> No more text
message included. :-(

Once I figured this out, I called up Sprint and they've given me free text
messages for a *year* and *claim* I'll be able to keep getting them for free
indefinitely (I'll just need to call up again next April). We'll see...