V551 low volume--FIXED

CS

Oct 8, 2005, 12:12:25 AM10/8/05
After editing the gain table on my V551 a couple of times, I figured out the
low volume from the earpiece speaker was due to a poor connection. I could
push on the earpiece during calls and hear the volume go from high to low.
To fix, I removed the four T6 Torx screws holding the earpiece cover in
place (pry off the 4 small silver covers to access the screws), snapped the
cover off, and stuck a small piece of adhesive-backed weatherstrip foam ,
1/4 inch thick, across the top of the speaker connection. When reassembled,
this keeps the connection tight and the low volume problem is fixed.