*~*~*~*~* abe Quiz Question VI *~*~*~*~*

Skip to the first unread message

P@rick

15 Feb 2001, 17:37:4015/02/2001
Hello and welcome to the abe Quiz part VI! This time you get to be in
the writer's seat! By which I mean that I deliver you the titles of the
Buffy S5 episodes up till now, and you get to fill in the stories behind
them.

Now you can go about this in a somewhat serious way, for example
extrapolating from S4 and what was set up in that season. Or you can use
your sense of humor and imagination, and let the titles fill in the
story. And you can even make this season what *you* want it to be, for
example giving Riley a leading part (although I have the distinct
feeling that he'll mostly be getting the suffering part, which is
perfectly fine with me).

Make of it what you want. You can suffice with a short synopsis for each
episode. Just the headlines of what will happen. I have sixteen titles
for ya'll, which may be a tad on the much side. So I'll be lenient: you
don't *have* to use all the titles, but you can if you want to. I'll
judge the answers by originality (which is very subjective and therefore
oh so easy for me to judge... or not). So it doesn't really matter how
many titles you use. As long as you use them in the correct order and
use more then, let's say, eight.

You can introduce new characters or bring back characters from the past
(note: bringing back a dead vampire *has* been done, on both shows). You
can kill off anyone you like, you can work with story-arcs, you can turn
Buffy into a lesbian as well and devote an episode to a visually
pleasing threesome (be on the lookout for those bonus points ;o). It's
all up to you! Again, you don't need to describe the episodes in detail.
Just the general story and developments will do.

Now get to work and have some fun. You have till nest Friday 23th 23.59
hours to come up with some good stories. And I just know you'll all do a
great job!

Here are the titles:

1. Buffy vs Dracula
2. Real Me
3. The Replacement
4. Out Of My Mind
5. No Place Like Home
6. Family
7. Fool for Love
8. Shadow
9. Listening to Fear
10. Into the Woods
11. Triangle
12. Checkpoint
13. Blood Ties
14. Crush
15. I Was Made to Love You
16. The Body

No Angel eps you ask? Or you don't ask, but I'll answer you nonetheless.
Adding the Angel eps as well would be a bit too much I think. And hey,
doesn't that leave a great question for whoever is next in line?

Bye, Patrick
--
abe QuizMeister [tm]

Mattia Valente

15 Feb 2001, 18:05:3815/02/2001
"P@rick" wrote:

Oooh!!! Question! BTW, there are tiny Spoilers in the title of the first
ep, but hey...

> Hello and welcome to the abe Quiz part VI! This time you get to be in
> the writer's seat!

Uh-oh...

> By which I mean that I deliver you the titles of the
> Buffy S5 episodes up till now, and you get to fill in the stories behind
> them.

Ah :o)

This could take a good long while.

> Now you can go about this in a somewhat serious way, for example
> extrapolating from S4 and what was set up in that season.

Lets make an addendum to this: If you've been spoiled or have watched
the eps, please be extra careful (looks at George...)

> Or you can use
> your sense of humor and imagination, and let the titles fill in the
> story. And you can even make this season what *you* want it to be, for
> example giving Riley a leading part (although I have the distinct
> feeling that he'll mostly be getting the suffering part, which is
> perfectly fine with me).

Hehehe...I think I'm gonna go the '5x5 review' way, more or less. More
fun, creative freedom. Possibly a little less 'silly.' Maybe not. This
could get a little long, though, which can be a good thing. Gotta have
something to write other than the paper (= exam) I need to deliver next
week Friday. Oh well.

> Make of it what you want. You can suffice with a short synopsis for each
> episode. Just the headlines of what will happen.

But that's too *easy*.

> I have sixteen titles
> for ya'll, which may be a tad on the much side. So I'll be lenient: you
> don't *have* to use all the titles, but you can if you want to. I'll
> judge the answers by originality (which is very subjective and therefore
> oh so easy for me to judge... or not).

Speaking from experience, I'll say 'or not' if you get a number of
submissions.

> So it doesn't really matter how
> many titles you use. As long as you use them in the correct order and
> use more then, let's say, eight.

OK then...I just got spoiled (maybe) for 'The Body' (fucking French NG.
I'm staying well away from there now. They don't even HAVE the eps
yet...grrr..)

> You can introduce new characters or bring back characters from the past
> (note: bringing back a dead vampire *has* been done, on both shows). You

True enough.

> can kill off anyone you like, you can work with story-arcs, you can turn
> Buffy into a lesbian as well and devote an episode to a visually
> pleasing threesome (be on the lookout for those bonus points ;o).

Oooh...I may have to censor the stuff (R rated, I guess. No hardcore,
right? TNLSS here we come!!)

> It's
> all up to you! Again, you don't need to describe the episodes in detail.
> Just the general story and developments will do.

Again, that may not be fun enough. How long do I have?

> Now get to work and have some fun. You have till nest Friday 23th 23.59
> hours to come up with some good stories. And I just know you'll all do a
> great job!

:o)

Maybe I'll incorporate that weird dream fantasy thing I was gonna write
anyway, 2 for one kinda thing. Hey, you said anything goes, so...or
maybe not. I shall see. I haven't forgotten to do it, just haven't spent
the time (yet) ladies, it shall appear.

> No Angel eps you ask? Or you don't ask, but I'll answer you nonetheless.
> Adding the Angel eps as well would be a bit too much I think. And hey,
> doesn't that leave a great question for whoever is next in line?

;o)

Fair enough, but I think one such question is enough for a while. We may
need to get some slightly less interesting and potentially huge-answer
questions in the future. This looks like a lot of fun!

Mattia
ReplyMeister[tm]

Miriam Rocke

15 Feb 2001, 19:49:2815/02/2001
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:05:38 +0100, Mattia Valente
<mae.v...@std.vu.nl> wrote:

> > Now you can go about this in a somewhat serious way, for example
> > extrapolating from S4 and what was set up in that season.
>
> Lets make an addendum to this: If you've been spoiled or have watched
> the eps, please be extra careful (looks at George...)

Looks at George? at *George*? Yeesh. Who's your resident American,
huh, huh? Well? Hmph. ;)

Me, I'm going to be swinging wild, taking things in a different
direction [or maybe in the same direction but pretending it's
different, so y'all are taken off guard, muahahahaha]. It'll be kind
of like the Wishverse Chronicles[1], only, well, not.

Besides, simply recapping the episodes isn't any *fun*. <G>

Mir

[1] A rather long-term fic project I'm working on -- essentially,
doing the backstory of the Wishverse, from WttH-equivalent on. It's
nice because I've got the rules and characters of the Buffyverse to
work with, but aside from a few logic points -- characters that are
alive / dead / vamped by the time of The Wish -- it's basically free
reign for me, and very little chance of being Jossed. Of course, it
*has* rather taken its own tangent -- Ethan waltzed in, and Nancy's
telling me her life story, and...

Mattia Valente

16 Feb 2001, 05:03:5416/02/2001
Miriam Rocke wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:05:38 +0100, Mattia Valente
> <mae.v...@std.vu.nl> wrote:
>
> > > Now you can go about this in a somewhat serious way, for example
> > > extrapolating from S4 and what was set up in that season.
> >
> > Lets make an addendum to this: If you've been spoiled or have watched
> > the eps, please be extra careful (looks at George...)
>
> Looks at George? at *George*? Yeesh. Who's your resident American,
> huh, huh? Well? Hmph. ;)

You misunderstand. George has the habit of *almost* spoiling when he
knows what's happened. The kind of subtle stuff that if you have an
inkling of what occured, it's pretty much confirmed, or you figure
things out if you think too hard ;o)

> Me, I'm going to be swinging wild, taking things in a different
> direction [or maybe in the same direction but pretending it's
> different, so y'all are taken off guard, muahahahaha]. It'll be kind
> of like the Wishverse Chronicles[1], only, well, not.

Ah.

;o)

> Besides, simply recapping the episodes isn't any *fun*. <G>

Right.

> [1] A rather long-term fic project I'm working on -- essentially,
> doing the backstory of the Wishverse, from WttH-equivalent on. It's
> nice because I've got the rules and characters of the Buffyverse to
> work with, but aside from a few logic points -- characters that are
> alive / dead / vamped by the time of The Wish -- it's basically free
> reign for me, and very little chance of being Jossed. Of course, it
> *has* rather taken its own tangent -- Ethan waltzed in, and Nancy's
> telling me her life story, and...

Kewl...I remember you mentioning it a while back. Progress OK?

Mattia
ReplyMeister[tm]

P@rick

16 Feb 2001, 10:26:3716/02/2001
Mattia wrote:

> "P@rick" wrote:
>
> Oooh!!! Question! BTW, there are tiny Spoilers in the title of the first
> ep, but hey...

I'm tired of considering that a spoiler. The makers of the show
themselves came up with it so it's apparently meant to spoil. And typing
'Buffy vs *******' all the time is just plain stupid. Then we might as
well use 'The *****' (ep 1.3), '*****' (ep 1.7) and 'Inca ***** Girl'.
Okay, not exactly the same things. But it's the writers who put the
spoiler in the title in the first place.

> > Now you can go about this in a somewhat serious way, for example
> > extrapolating from S4 and what was set up in that season.
>
> Lets make an addendum to this: If you've been spoiled or have watched
> the eps, please be extra careful (looks at George...)

Well yeah. It's great if you can correctly predict an episode's content
just by its title. But not if you already know what it will be about.
And it's not the aim of this question, since I don't know what the
episodes will be about. Abd I have to judge the answers.

> Hehehe...I think I'm gonna go the '5x5 review' way, more or less. More
> fun, creative freedom. Possibly a little less 'silly.' Maybe not. This
> could get a little long, though, which can be a good thing. Gotta have
> something to write other than the paper (= exam) I need to deliver next
> week Friday. Oh well.
>
> > Make of it what you want. You can suffice with a short synopsis for each
> > episode. Just the headlines of what will happen.
>
> But that's too *easy*.

I mean that a summary for each episode was what I had in mind. Not an
entire story based on all the titles. Here, let me give you an example
from my earlier work:

This Year's Girl
An Ahn-Nual demon is looking for a girl for his yearly mating ritual.
Anya's sex drive catches its attention.

Who Are You
Giles is having trouble remembering names lately. Is alzheimer setting
in early, or is some evil force at work here?

Superstar
After making it big on the big screen with some successful vampire
movies, Drusilla returns to Sunnydale to celebrate her successes. Guest-
starring Juliet Landau.

Something similar to that. If you want to write longer stories then
that's fine with me. My intention is that you let yourself be inspired
by the episode titles. Write a story per episode (two- or more-parters
are allowed of course) and mind the correct order of the episodes. You
can come up with any story you want, as long as it has at least a
remotely logical connection to the episode title.

> OK then...I just got spoiled (maybe) for 'The Body'

I'll just let my imagination play with that title.... ;o)

> > you can turn Buffy into a lesbian as well and devote an episode to a visually
> > pleasing threesome (be on the lookout for those bonus points ;o).
>
> Oooh...I may have to censor the stuff (R rated, I guess. No hardcore,
> right? TNLSS here we come!!)

Well if you're gonna do a story like that, I actually *want* you to be
explicit and elaborate.

Bye, Patrick
abe QuizMeister [tm]

Mattia Valente

16 Feb 2001, 12:49:2816/02/2001
"P@rick" wrote:

> Mattia wrote:
>
> > "P@rick" wrote:
> >
> > Oooh!!! Question! BTW, there are tiny Spoilers in the title of the first
> > ep, but hey...
>
> I'm tired of considering that a spoiler. The makers of the show
> themselves came up with it so it's apparently meant to spoil. And typing
> 'Buffy vs *******' all the time is just plain stupid. Then we might as
> well use 'The *****' (ep 1.3), '*****' (ep 1.7) and 'Inca ***** Girl'.
> Okay, not exactly the same things. But it's the writers who put the
> spoiler in the title in the first place.

Ok. Shall we just say that ep titles are no longer considered spoilers?
Makes life a lot easier.

> > Lets make an addendum to this: If you've been spoiled or have watched
> > the eps, please be extra careful (looks at George...)
>
> Well yeah. It's great if you can correctly predict an episode's content
> just by its title. But not if you already know what it will be about.
> And it's not the aim of this question, since I don't know what the
> episodes will be about. Abd I have to judge the answers.

Check.

<SNIP examples>

Right. I'm gonna bo the slightly longer way.

> Something similar to that. If you want to write longer stories then
> that's fine with me. My intention is that you let yourself be inspired
> by the episode titles. Write a story per episode (two- or more-parters
> are allowed of course) and mind the correct order of the episodes. You
> can come up with any story you want, as long as it has at least a
> remotely logical connection to the episode title.

Awww....really? It has to be remotely logical? That's no fair!!!

;-P

> > OK then...I just got spoiled (maybe) for 'The Body'
>
> I'll just let my imagination play with that title.... ;o)

Hehehe...

> > > you can turn Buffy into a lesbian as well and devote an episode to a visually
> > > pleasing threesome (be on the lookout for those bonus points ;o).
> >
> > Oooh...I may have to censor the stuff (R rated, I guess. No hardcore,
> > right? TNLSS here we come!!)
>
> Well if you're gonna do a story like that, I actually *want* you to be
> explicit and elaborate.

How explicit? Be more specific, will you, we have some very young
readers, it would seem.

Mattia
ReplyMeister[tm]

george van hal

17 Feb 2001, 11:06:2217/02/2001
"P@rick" wrote:

<SNIP the question>

Ok so here's my awnser. I kept it reasonably short and as you'll find I was
bored and "melig" (excuse my dutch) when I wrote this, so apologies to
anyone actually reading it ;-)

1. Buffy vs Dracula
Buffy runs into Dracula (you don’t say!). They sleep together and Dracula
miraculously gains a soul. Giles figures it’s probably the one she took when
she last slept with a vampiric lover. When good old Dracul learns about this
he is so hurt that he throws himself on his stake, thus killing himself.

2. Real Me
Buffy finds out that she’s not really who she thought she was all along. Her
name turns out to be Fluffy and she’s actually a cat, slaying nothing more
than mice. Or is it some weird dream? The truth is revealed when Ethan turns
up in town and gets in a fight with Giles-the-pitbull. After Giles bites
Ethan to death, the world turns back to normal.

3. The Replacement
Hordes of angry Dracula fans visit Sunnydale to hunt down the girl that
drove the object of their obsession to their death. Meanwhile, Buffy
convinces Spike to take the place of the Unholy prince to calm the horde
down.

4. Out Of My Mind

Riley goes insane and kills a whole bunch of people. After Xander tells the
truth to the police, Riley gets sentenced to death on the electrical chair.
Buffy wants to save him, but is stopped by the rest of the scoobygang that
actually don’t mind getting rid of the old BoreMeister[tm]. Cue long and
gruesome execution scene with lots of screaming and agony for our own
Borely.

5. No Place Like Home

Dealing with Rileys unfortunate death, Buffy pays a visit to his family in
Iowa. After being taken in by his parents Buffy soon discovers that these
people are not what they seem to be. Giles finds out that they actually
*are* Riley’s parents, but at the same time they’re Demons. They don’t have
any special powers except the power to bore people to death. The only way
they can be killed is by an electric discharge. As they start telling
stories to Willow and Xander, buffy comes in to save the day, by frying
Riley’s parents.

6. Family
In a surprisingly dull episode we’re introduced to the family members of the
cast and crew of Buffy and Angel. Yawn! Skip ahead….

7. Fool for Love
As Drusilla returns from wherever she was hiding, Spike finds that he isn’t
attracted to her anymore. The same does not go for Xander, though, who sees
in this the opportunity to get himself his next Demon girlfriend…

8. Shadow
All the shadows come to life in this early Halloween episode. Meanwhile
things get a little hectic when Xander is turned into vampire by his new
beau.

9. Listening to Fear
In this first Angel crossover, the famous rockband “Fear” comes to the
bronze. What Buffy doesn’t know, however, is that their lead singer is not
what he appears to be. He is actually Dracula, brought back to life. Trying
to find an answer she seeks contact with Angel and finds out that
Wolfram&Hart are probably the guilty party behind all of this. Meanwhile
Xander is forced to sleep with Buffy to get back his soul. What they don’t
realise, however is that Buffy has to take a soul first, before she can give
it to anyone else. Now she has to choose: Will she take Angels soul to give
it to Xander?

10. Into the Woods
Buffy goes into the Woods to find the Sunnydale field office of the
Notorious Wolfram&Hart lawfirm. When she finally discovers it, she gets more
than she bargained for. Meanwhile someone figures out that they can just
curse Xander, like Angel was cursed to give him a soul. Regardless of that
fact, Buffy still sleeps with him one more time because she wants to “beat
Faith”.

11. Triangle
An interesting new figure is found when a person in Sunnydale connects three
dots together to form the ancient and dangerous Triangle[tm]. “The Cult of
the Circle” and the “SquareMeisters[tm]” soon come to town to seek out the
person who created this unholy figure. Buffy has to find this person in time
to save him or here from certain death.

12. Checkpoint
A check post is created in Sunnydale in a desperate attempt to count all the
demon life forms in the town. The number of residents on the “Welcome to
Sunnydale” plate is getting a “demon” section, you see…

13. Blood Ties
Someone tries to tie Buffy up using his own blood, but is shocked to find
that blood is actually a liquid and as such can’t be tied.

14. Crush
This Alicia Sylverstone movie (which is missing a “The” in the title)
replaces the 14th episode of Buffy, which is mysteriously lost.

15. I Was Made to Love You

Adam returns! Or actually, it’s Adams unknown brother, Cupid. He’s a
computerized human-demon hybrid with just one goal in life: To please that
one lucky girl that gets together with him. Meanwhile Giles and Xander are
on a mission to recover the lost 14th episode. Willow finds the missing
“The” from last weeks movie, but is too late to do anything about it.

16. The Body
Giles and Xander find the lifeless body of the 14th Buffy episode. The hunt
is on for the killer. Could it be the WB? Could it be fox? Or even Our
Creator © himself? Join the scoobygang as they try to find out…

See Ya,
George

Marc

19 Feb 2001, 18:06:5219/02/2001
Ok - my answer is more difficult then your question was - not to mention
long! I first wrote this little piece (you said I could write) and
afterwards gave a plot summary (you said you expected pieces of text with
the ep-titles). Although everybody is in role there are characters in the
first part who you've never met before and how they fit in you'll get to
know as you read along. Because the plot-summary is definitely straight
lined, you'll find the pulse of the story a bit off-track; first of all the
introduction is long and pre-season V because I have to introduce the new
characters. I wanted to post it on Friday - but then I stay working on it
and it will just get longer and longer and I really can't effort it. Just
that you know. Have fun.

Marc

On the night we saw the last white witch took her turn at the pentacle - it
was Amy this time suddenly returned after being vanished for almost three
years - we all knew exactly who the slayer was and what she did, we'd even
seen a view vampires who'd been lurking after us in the dark but never had
the opportunity to suck us dry. On the trimmed lawn in front of the Summer
house, twelve witches wearing white gowns were standing in a circle, facing
each other, surrounding the round pentacle (carved with a pentagram) and the
thirteenth witch; a bidding Amy who held a red candle in front of her chest,
her voice whelming like the humming of Tibetan monks. We were standing in
our tree-house or in the cellar of our home or laying hidden under the
grotesque bushes with peering eyes, missing nothing. Although we had been
frightened by the reality of what was told to us as fairytales, after we've
lost friends and relatives, Brian was killed in bare daylight by a
man-machine known to us as Adam, we learned to survive wearing crucifixes,
handling weapons and finally even casting spells - and without saying any
word to our parents (who never wanted or dared to believe our stories) we
collected our armour, our books, our information and meandered, wondered and
learned from it. Each night before bedtime when our town was covered by
vampires, demons and other strange beings, we said our prayers.
We all got to know the Summer sisters, especially Buffy, when they came to
live in Sunnydale, about ten years ago, in July. It was hot that summer. The
sky was blue as neon and we gasped for air as fish on dry land. We came on
the playing field near the lake consulting what to do, when Pete "Big Boy"
Brokowski brought the news there were new babes in town - wiping his large
forehead with the wet, dirty cloth his T-shirt had become from absorbing all
his sweat. We went up there and saw her and her sister. We looked from
across the street, as we strolled by with our bikes in our hands, the way
the eldest teased her blond hair behind her ears just before picking up some
bags, carrying it inside. Moments before entering the house, she looked back
and smiled towards us and us boys stood mesmerized. She was gorgeous and way
out of our reach.
When we finally figured it out, it was like seeing Spiderman swinging from
building to building, Superman zooming through the sky. Our fantastic-comics
touched with reality. Of course we already where familiar with the
horror-stories; the stories of monsters under the bed, Frankenstein, the
Living Shadows, vampires, demons. In our town these stories were Standard
Knowledge, and we only had to read the small headlines in The Sun Times (the
local paper), buried between the sports-section and cartoons, or look at a
Missing-photo on a milk-carton to know evil hang as a deathly tarantula over
our heads. Those headlines slimmed when the Summer girls came to town,
although they would never disappear.
Indeed it was the paper (not only the paper, also the stories and gossip
that whelmed from neighbour to neighbour) that had us raise the question
what had changed; why there were lesser killings and disappearances? Our
parents believed the political talk of Mayor Wilkins who claimed it as a
result of his efforts so he was re-elected with an 85% voting rate that
year. In the end he turned out to be a dangerous wolf in sheep-clothes.
We reduced the headlines, examined the stories, filtered the gossip and
concluded things changed for better after the family Summers arrived. To
prove our right, we started to watch them. Jack Snyder (nephew of the late
principal) came with the idea of digging manholes underneath the bushes near
her house so we had a better view. Later we overcame our doubts and became
friends with the strange Jeff Moriarty - who already at the age of nine had
began wearing woman clothing. He was plain weird and not only because he
asked us to call him Jessie (we refused), he also had a dollhouse and a
collection of perfume bottles he placed upon black shelves, there were tags
on the bottlenecks that said where and how he got that particular item.
Although we never said it, he was in fact a sweet humoristic guy and he
snuck us into his room allowing us to observe the Summer mansion. We became
acquainted with Joyce hanging up the laundry, Tammy's silhouette in the
window and Buffy sneaking out of the house at night.
One night we decided to follow her, - this was after she had gone to L.A.
for a while to visit her dad or worked as a waitress after a failed relation
with this tall guy we were all jealous of; our collective memory had the
strolled town, apparently without a goal. Still - even now there were less
killings and all - we were very much aware (after being told a million
times) not to walk alone on the streets after sunset. But Buffy strolled as
a girl in love, plucked a ripe cherry of a overhanging tree, ate it and
spitted the pit on the ground. Big Pete recalls the vampire came from above,
as if he had been curling around the branches as a python. Jack Snyder kept
suggesting the thing just appeared ("materialized" as he put it) out of
nowhere. We all remember the vampire to be on her neck, clinging his arms
around her chest, trying to feed himself - and too well we remember our own
fear as we stood there, holding each other, hiding behind a slim tree,
awestruck, our noses filled with this strange odour nobody later seemed to
recognize. (Soundless and motionless we had all wetted ourselves.) On the
streets things went on. Buffy threw the vampire of her back. The vampire
rolled over, came on his feet and said something. We couldn't hear what, but
we heard Buffy say something about how she hated vamps always messed up her
hair. The vampire smiled, his long outgrown pearl teeth blinked and with a
roar he attacked. Buffy kicked him in the stomach, grasped a wooden stake
from underneath her leather jacket, staked him and then strolled on as if
nothing had happened.
We didn't follow her any further that night. We stayed standing stiff frozen
until long after Buffy was out of sight. Nobody knows how long we stood
there, but finally we found ourselves laying in bed with eyes wide open as
if we woke up from a nightmare - except we felt as if we just tumbled in to
one.

**

In the first few months after that night, our concentration on Buffy Summers
and the Summer resident was slender. In our dreams we kept seeing the
vampire that tried to take her life going to dust. We were scared and acted
as our parents - who on some level were aware of what was going on, but didn
't want to know. However, somehow the pile of our armour grew. We kept
collecting crucifixes, we even had a bottle of holy water and in spare times
we carved wood; stakes. Although we tried to neglect all the stuff, it was
visible to us. Shelly woke up one night and looked out her window and
sighted Buffy and a redhead girl being chased. (The mystery who the redhead
was, was later solved by Ashley Loman.) On one afternoon Dylan told us a
strange story of floating men in black.
After an exhausting game of hide and seek in the park near school we sat
down on the grass - in the air we smelled warm grass and daisies and picked
up the scent of burning barbecues. With a straw of long grass between our
teeth, we lay on our backs watching the clouds flow by and started to talk
about the dreams we'd remember. We knew we shouldn't go there for there was
always the moment we scared ourselves - but the day was warm and life was
good, so when Dylan told his dream there was this utter confusion when we
remembered similar dreams. Pete mentioned dwarfs in straw-jackets, Jack
time-framed it to the days were everybody in town was mute. So even when we
had no reason, somehow we were thinking of Buffy Summers. And it was always
like that. Ashley Loman lived next door to Xander Harris and she reported
the friendship between the redheaded Willow Rosenberg, Buffy and Xander. And
of course, from time to time, when ever Buffy walked by, we followed her
with our eyes, intrigued and interested, but also scared for we knew she
walked in nightmares.
On Moriarty's room (instead of calling Jeff Jessie, we started calling hem
Mori. He never asked us again to call him Jessie and seemed satisfied with
it) we perfected our theories about Buffy Summers; we overheard her
hero-identity "Slayer", we learned that she was guided by the Englishman who
was only our librarian in our first year at high school. Our first and last
year in that building - after what was referred to as The Gas Explosion,
City Hall moved us to the other side of town while they decided what to do
with the ruined building that had become the grave of many teenagers,
principal Snyder and the mayor. In the burned ruin we found aged books,
partly eaten by fire then coated with water. After hours of page-surgery we
had a million pieces and categorized them.
Finally, after observing and penning down everything we heard, we'd decided
it was time to do something. The feeling of helplessness pressured hard and
we felt ourselves pretty stupid and small - but after Dylan's little brother
was killed by a vampire, we decided that - although we were no hunters like
Buffy - we wouldn't be victims either. It was quite a decision we took,
arming ourselves with swords, crossbows and arrows, bowie knives, tomahawks
and the wooden stakes. In spite of the weapons, we swore not to go out and
try to kill a vampire. The weapons were for defence only. We doubted if we
could carry the smaller weapons with us, but Mori said we could. 'One day,'
he said. 'I wore an obvious necklace from my mom - everybody noticed but
nobody said a thing about it. I'll bet the same thing is with the stakes and
crucifixes.'
Sad to say that he was right. Our English-teacher Mr. Stradder frowned when
he saw Dylan take out a stake, but didn't say a thing about it as if he didn
't recognize it as a deadly weapon. Dylan wasn't thinking about it. He had
the stake strapped to his buckle, (all boys strapped their weapons round
their waist, the girls just carried them in there bags) but the thing poked
him in the thigh during a difficult test, so he took it off and putted it in
front of him while trying to answer if captain Ahab was a good or bad
captain. Mr. Stradder wasn't blind, his eyes even widened (as Shelly
noticed) - he just didn't want to see the truth.
Meanwhile we kept reporting to each other. Ashley Loman kept a diary on
every move Xander Harris made - other than being a member of a cool gang he
was quite uninteresting. Jack took photos after he convinced his parents he
wanted to become a photographer - the first hundred shots are blur and
vague, but over time he got the technique and he even started to develop the
black and white pictures himself. Mori mowed the lawn for Buffy's mom Joyce
and afterwards he talked with her and Tammy, sitting at their kitchen table,
drinking a glass of homemade lemonade. After Buffy left to live in a dorm,
our system was perfected so we continually received notes, pictures,
messages and e-mail. That way we build up quite an archive; we didn't only
learn about Buffy Summers and her Scoobies, we also learned lesson about
sacrifice and love and friendship.
We were devastated when we found out Oz was a werewolf. Dylan refused to
believe it at first but when he was convinced, he felt betrayed and wanted
to kill Oz. Ashley finally managed to talk him out of it. She said he cried
all night long.
Every now and then we got on our bikes and rode the half hour trip to
university. At this point Buffy had a new boyfriend (to whom Shelly revered
to as "that cowboy") who was regularly sighted wearing green - which was odd
at first cause there was no military base in a fifty mile area, but we got
the idea when the man-demon came killing one of the youngsters we watched
playing baseball in little league. Willow turned out to be gay and Xanders
girlfriend Anya used to be a demon. (The discrepancies of their
good-bad-laws kind off surprised us, especially when they didn't seem to
mind housing the vampire Spike.)
We, who had lived our whole lives in Sunnydale, growing up with fairytales
and ghost stories, lack memory of the pre-Buffy days, never noticed the
military base hidden under the buildings of the university until it blew up.
Sunnydale is a strange town, memories recede from us, sometimes our eyes
catch something strange but we have learned to ignore it, letting ourselves
slip in the thought of being save. Except we, this small group. We managed
to accept reality as it is and try to deal with it. We pass experiences
around, learn to survive and work on our Archive so we won't forget.

**

Every so often Buffy came home, visiting her sister and her mother. The
strange thing was that Buffy somehow stayed visible for us, while Tammy
stayed invisible. She was of our age but it seemed we forgot about her -
which is quite embarrassing. Shelly talked to her from time to time; never
about the fact we new the true identity of her older sister but more
covering homework related issues. Only Mori came inside the house, once
every month after mowing the lawn. He recently confirmed what we already
knew - but his family didn't handle him being gay that well. Joyce heard of
it and had Tammy inviting him for the dinner party they threw for Rupert
Giles who was going to India for a while. When he arrived he noticed Buffy
was there with Riley, but Xander Harris, Anya, Willow and Tara also
attended. It was an obvious set up. For the first time one of us was
reluctant telling. Willow (obviously filled in by Joyce) was the one who
took more interest in him than the others and after dinner they went to the
veranda and talked. He didn't really want to share what they talked about.
'Private stuff,' he mumbled and we looked at each other trying to understand
his troubles. Dylan informed stoic, holding a notepad - since his little
brother was killed, he was very serious, filled with anger. He already had a
brown belt in karate, and handled bow and arrow as a Robin Hood. And he wasn
't alone. Pete "Big Boy" Brokowski knew how the handle himself - after being
bullied for his weight, he started to use his weight in the wrestling-arena.
Shelly and Ashley took fight courses and when we got our first sword (a
Union-sword from the Civil War), everybody read the book "The Art of The
Blade" by Muriel Areda. We practised on a dummy hanging on the ceiling in
Mori's cellar - first there was a picture of Mayor Wilkins pinned on the
head. Later, when our collection also included a Japanese sword and a
smaller sword from mid eighteen hundred designed especially for women to
handle, there was a picture of the vampire Dracula Jack managed to take.
When the count visited we learned how old vampires look like; not pretty. We
gazed at the picture, studied every corner, examined every pixel - it was
kind of dark, infra-red taken - mostly showing giant teeth and two eyes.
Although you can't tell from the picture, the eyes were a solid yellow with
a black doth in the middle, showing no emotion at all as an animal ready to
kill. After Buffy came back from battling him, she stayed home for at least
two weeks, didn't attend school. Jack came back with a very oblique story of
a crucifix burning it's shape in the vampire's chest. He told us Buffy tried
to kill Dracula several times, but that he just wouldn't die. Then they
gazed at each other, heavily breathing - like two cowboys ready to draw and
a camera switching from close-up to close-up on their concentrated faces.
But nothing happened. None of us understood; the sun wasn't coming up, it
was in the middle of the night, chances were even. But Dracula suddenly
smiled and left. And with that he seemed to have won or something because it
hit Buffy. She came home. At night she walked long walks (sometimes in her
nightgown) with this otherworldly expression on her face.
Joyce - always very reluctant about telling something private about her
girls - even expressed her doubts and fears towards Mori regarding the
mental health of her oldest daughter. Every attempt to get her back to
reality seemed to fail. They suspected she needed the guidance of Giles so
Willow mailed him and asked him to come back. But when he came back a week
later, Buffy was well again. Although we only realized it later, it was one
of us who had Buffy "healed".
Shelly was the only one in our group who ever talked to Buffy - uttering
more words than "hello" and "how are you". It was a drowsy night in
September and Shelly, hurling herself out of the house after another fight
between her parents, roamed the streets looking for Dylan because she had a
crush on him and trusted him. Instead of Dylan, she found Buffy who wondered
what a young girl like Shelly was doing on the street at such an unholy
hour. Almost immediately, looking in each others eyes, they recognized the
contaminated feelings within themselves. And they talked, in fact it was all
they did that night under de eye of Orion; talking and listening to the
other. And then it struck Shelly as it came clear to Buffy - that they
somehow belonged to the world and that every horrible struggle (demonic or
not) they wondered about why they deserved it, was something they could do
nothing about but accept it as and meandering truth and they had to make the
best of it. They sat under a tree, sobbing and telling and asking which made
them come together, the separated parts within themselves became one again.
Then after rubbing there eyes they entered a world that was still the same,
but somehow they felt stronger.
Dim nights followed. We went on with our lives as did Buffy and the others.
Then Xander disappeared. The Scoobygang (as did we, especially Ashley)
searched for him. We spent days wandering Sunnydale but we didn't find him.
Anya was spotted on the muddy roads in the forests surrounding, sitting
silent on top of the hills, at night we saw her face reflected in the moon,
searching for her love who was the sun. Ashley whispered how Xander once
kissed her on the cheek when she was a little girl and madly in love with
him. Tara and Willow even did a spell looking even far away from this world,
but without result.
Gradually life went on, day following day in the wonderful rotation of a
dance. Anya replenished the emptiness beside her with pictures, she wore his
clothes and sometimes she went into the cellar of his parents house and rest
on his bed, smelling the vague aroma of his body. But Xander disappearance
wasn't the only thing happening. When Willow visited Giles she found him on
the floor, he had collapsed. At that time he had been sick for a few weeks
and never told anyone about it. He had gone to India to find a cure for the
cancer, but when he learned about Buffy's mental troubles, he returned to
Sunnydale. The wheel of time went slow in the hospital, he limped from
doctor to doctor, his hope and his strength gradually faded. Joyce described
to Mori how he asked to be buried in England. Willow and Tara spent days
searching for a healing spell but finally ended up with a plague of their
own. The world became darker and darker as it turned out that Tara had been
a black witch in the past. It was Riley who found out and told Willow. He
always had problems with the way Buffy handled the obscure, it had been a
mayor struggle in their relationship. Buffy was mad at him. At the same time
Tammy complicated the matters by trying to seduce Riley. She and her sister
didn't get along very well since Joyce was seeing someone. When Shelly (unaw
are of the troubles) told Tammy no girl was ever so cool and affable as
Buffy, she made matters worse.
Willow and Tara broke up and during that time Tara almost lured back into
her old ways. And then it was Anya who accused them all they had forgotten
Xander. It was terrible. The group had fallen apart. One night Buffy and
Willow had a tremendous argument and finally Willow asked Buffy at what
point it all had gone so wrong. The truth was they had all been so occupied
with themselves, they forgot about each other.
During this we also had our problems. Mori got kicked out by his parents
while Shelly's parents divorced. Big Pete had heart problems due to his
weight and Dylan spooked us all when he claimed he had already killed six
vampires. We separated, falling apart - we were in a storm that was
destroying us, we were in over our heads. When we watched the house for the
last time, police-officer Louis Saling was kissing Joyce goodnight.

**

For a while we only spent energy on our own lives. When Xander suddenly
returned we learned he worked at the Bronze, so we paid it a visit. Only the
strip of Xander's eyes were visible, and in the red and yellow light of the
Bronze it had a spooky blur. We, all seven, sat at the bar glazing at him.
Every now and then he refilled our glasses. We were stunned; when, how did
he return? Why did he tended the bar?
We descended to the shadows when Louis Saling came near and had a little
chat with Xander. He was reluctant and even bold and arrogant. Louis tried a
few times, then Xander burst out that he needed the money because his
parents kicked him out. Whenever we looked at him that night, we felt as
strange and lost in this world as he did. We left early that night.
When we awoke the next morning, we came together in Mori's room and talked.
Nevertheless Dylan went out that night for the hunt. The rest of us lived
teenage lives, for as far as we could. Jack took his pictures, Ashley kept
an eye for Xander and we all, skilled as we were, filtered the
horror-stories that swarmed the sky of Sunnydale and wrote it down.
Yes, it continued; life does. We reported, we wrote down and all the
evidence we collected is now stored in the cellar of Mori's house - after
his parents died (non-demon related, it was a car accident) he moved back.
We remember the death of Louis Saling. We knew that Buffy tried to rescue
him, but failed. The final act for us was when the witches came to the
Summer house, carrying a pale-looking, very sick Giles on a stretcher in an
attempt to heal him. They succeeded. For a while anyway. In the end death
will catch us all. As for the rest of the Scooby-gang?
We think you need to see it for yourself. We grew up with our windows always
closed, with the aroma of garlic in the air an crucifixes above the door.
Looking at Buffy and her friends, was looking in a broken mirror, the
many-faces within ourselves. What song do we hear now, ten years later, when
the memory of it all has become transparent, and our boxes filled with
evidence, seems the collection of an eccentric horror writer? There is
nothing to compose though, it already has been put together in the pass
together with the many dead boys and girls, who have lived a decade under
the protection of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Plot summary:

1. Buffy vs Dracula (season opens with a 2-parter)
When The Ancient roar - they all knew he existed but never expected him to
come to Sunnydale. But Count Dracula always had been curious. Because of his
wealth he wanders the earth with the image of an eccentric man - but he's
always hungry. When Buffy and Riley visits her mother and Buffy's sister
Tammy for a party they're throwing for Giles who'll be absent for a while,
Dracula watches the gang from outside. It's a huge party, even school
friends of Tammy show up. Dracula never seeks confrontation with Buffy,
just observes her but he's spotted by Willow who's talking to Jeffrey
Moriarty - a teenager in identity-crisis. They even talks to the stranger.
After the party's over and Giles leaves, Willow discovers the identity of
Dracula and goes in search for Buffy who takes off to kill the vampire. But
she cannot kill him. Somehow during the fight she gets more en more obsessed
with killing him and she doesn't succeed. By the time it's not Dracula who
dies, but - in a way - Buffy.

2. Real Me
Xander finds Buffy sitting on the streets, looking to the sky. 'Do I only
exist for the kill?' she asks him. After he escorts a totally exhausted
Buffy home, he talks to Joyce and suggests some decent sleep will get her on
her feet again. But it doesn't really. And they need her because a vampire
is after young children. Buffy talks to a teenager called Dylan who's little
brother is killed, but he refuses to talk about it and accuses Buffy if
being selfish - what really hurts her feelings. Willow and Tara try to find
a healing-spell, but Tara is reluctant and the spell doesn't work, what
starts Willow wondering.
Meanwhile Riley searches through the Initiative database for Dracula when he
stumbles upon a picture of Tara.

3. The Replacement
Spike is back - still chipped and he and Buffy get lured into a room by a
demon who wants to restore a mansion of Evil. As they are trapped, they
start talking. Buffy still is feeling weary and Spike tortures her with
stories about Slayers he killed and in the end confesses that it's not the
girl who he wants to kill - although it's a trill - but in fact that he's
after the ancient powers within a slayer.
Then Anya, Xander, Willow and Riley enter the mansion to rescue them. The
group splits up. Willow and Riley search the second floor of mansion and
Anya and Xander are going to the cellars. While Willow and Riley search, he
tells her what he learned about Tara. They find Spike and Buffy and Buffy
kills the demon. Then they search for Anya and Xander - but they find a
unconsciousness Anya and no Xander.

4. Out Of My Mind

Anya wakes up and remembers nothing of what happened. Buffy and the gang
didn't succeed finding Xander. Giles returns from India. Willow searches for
Tara and confronts her with the past. Meanwhile Spike has found a magician
prepared to take the chip out. After that happened the first thing he does
is killing a woman and then pays Giles a visit who hasn't even had the
chance to unpack. They struggle and Spike wins, but as he bites Giles he
spits the blood out. 'Your bad,' Spike says and leaves Giles
unconsciousness.
Meanwhile Anya is going mad. She has to fight her own pass and seeks the
help of Buffy and Willow. The three of them end up in the dream world of
Anyagna the demon and in the end it is clear that only Anya can save
herself. When they succeed and go to Giles, they find him on the floor and
call an ambulance.

5. No Place Like Home

Joyce finds comfort with a new friend Louis Saling. He's a police-officer in
Sunnydale as a zombie enters town and the death arise. The gang has to
deduce the first zombie in order to stop the death. The only way to stop the
zombie is to dismantle his body parts and therefore Buffy needs a special
sword that's being kept in the museum. When she steels it, she being spotted
by Louis Saling.
Meanwhile Rupert Giles dismisses himself from the hospital and comes home.

6. Family
As a new family comes to live in town. Everybody is pleased with the Cobals
and soon they are settled in. Then young, beautiful girls start to disappear
and, one evening Tammy is gone after she tried to seduce Riley because she
and Buffy had a fight. In search for her they find her back in the Cobals
cellar where the family stay young by sucking the life and beauty out of
young girls. Louis Saling, the new boyfriend of Joyce, asks Buffy how she
figured it out.

7. Fool for Love
As an old man in her street suddenly disappears, Buffy gets alarmed. Her mom
's new boyfriend Louis is also suspicious and tries to solve the matter.
Meanwhile he insists that Tammy and Buffy take self-defence classes from
him. In class Buffy's not paying attention when she sees a young man walking
by she recognizes by a scar in his neck and Louis wants to teach her a
lesson and suddenly attacks her - then he gets the painful message she can
handle herself. Buffy then rushes out and notices that the young man in fact
was the old man, but every time his hundred birthday is celebrated he
returns being twenty - the age he committed a crime passionel. He can't die
until the soul of his victim is released. Buffy decides to help him.

8. Shadow
Tara's Past - how she wanted to sell her soul to become famous. Xander
suddenly returns, not wanting to tell where he has been. Anya is glad, but
feels there's something terrible wrong with him. He has changed. But the
others have no time for her complaints because Tara has some unfinished
business from her past were she was faithful to Satan himself. Willow and
Buffy and a reluctant Riley go save after she's being kidnapped by black
witches. After the battle Willow and Tara have a lot to talk about - but
Willow tells her she needs time.
In the end it's Louis Saling who arrests the leader of the Satanic group:
Peter Shlemil. Later during diner we see Louis talking to Joyce, telling her
he sees Buffy and her friends always in some sort of trouble, with black
occult. We see that Joyce is in doubt if she should tell the true identity
of Buffy. Then she makes up her mind and doesn't tell him.

9. Listening to Fear
An EMS-truck takes Rupert Giles back to the hospital. The doctors have given
up hope. As he hears about Tara's past, he tells Willow to read his journal.
As she reads it, we learn the story of a young Rupert, when he was bad and
met Phillip and Ethan and the demon Elyghon and why he'd decided to help the
Slayer.

10. Into the Woods
Xander episode. After spending the night with Anya, Xander works in the
Bronze. When he finally returns - he finds Xander waiting for him. The
strange thing is: he's not scared. 'You want your life back,' Xander says to
himself. 'But you messed it up.'
The story of Xander's (love) life, his failures and succeeds and what
happened to him in the mansion, is being told by his young neighbour who
adores him: Ashley Loman. This episode is related to the Restless-episode of
previous season, especially Xanders dream.

11. Triangle
Buffy, Xander and Willow are together in the hospital with Giles. When they
leave they decide to have a night for themselves and at that moment they
walk by accident in a spell of six young white witches. The three of them
end up on Buffy's old high school after Buffy left - and she notices that
not all vampires there have been killed.
Finally it's Tara who helps the white witches to break the spell and turn
everything to normal.

12. Checkpoint
Now Tara and Willow made up and can practise magic together they are
powerful; they even turn Amy back to normal. As a group of vampires hijack a
school, Buffy is for the rescue. Tara and Willow experience they have the
power compared to an H-bomb - and they need to decide how far they are going
practising magic. Finally they place a spell upon themselves for Giles tells
them that such power will only attract evil (considering Tara's past) - and
they'll never have a normal life.

13. Blood Ties
Tammy and Buffy are confronted with the divorce of their parents as Louis
asks Joyce to marry him. Tammy is so upset she want to move back to their
father and Buffy is afraid her identity is to be known. Meanwhile Riley has
problems with his body. It appears he needs the extra vitamins from the army
but they are only willing to provide it, if he stays in the army. Willow's
mom suddenly visits Joyce after she heard about the marriage - and as they
talk and learns her daughter is gay, she acts the same as if she would see a
demon; neglects it. Willow decides to take Tara home.

14. Crush
A girl has a crush on the ancient vampire Dedainera, but he's reluctant of
making her a vampire because her ancestor is a man called Perceval (who once
protected the holy grail). As Buffy kills Dedainera, the girl commits
suicide. Meanwhile Tammy wants to become a Slayer too to compete with her
sisters and she takes lessons. Xander and Anya are on a point they have to
decide what they are going to do with "them" - that is: living together, or
not and Tara and Willow decide to go into the next level of their
relationship.

15. I Was Made to Love You

Love is in the air. Tara and Willow. Riley and Buffy. Joyce and Louis.
Xander and Tanya and even Tammy and Dylan (who she met on karate-lesson).
They all have planned an evening for themselves - but someone is in the way:
Spike. He kills Louis who tries to be brave while Joyce is watching and
later she feels guilty because she knew she had to tell him the secret
identity of her daughter. Meanwhile Spike is on the way for Xander and Anya
as he is being captured in a spell from Tara and Willow. Buffy swears to her
sobbing mom to kill Spike and Joyce asks why she didn't kill Spike sooner?
But Spike is being saved by his old love Drusilla - who wants her hanger
back and comes to tell him she doesn't love him anymore.

16. The Body
(start of a two-parter)
Tara, Willow and Amy bind their power with ten other white witches in an
attempt to heal Giles as it turns out his cancer is the result of Ethan
Raines. They have to go up against Elyghon. When Spike comes to disrupt the
ceremony - he's almost being killed by Buffy. Spike tells her he can only be
what he is and that she should have done the same - but that she failed when
she let him (being chipped) live. As Buffy and Spike fight, the witches
continue... and so will this in the next episode of Buffy The Vampire
Slayer...

Rune

22 Feb 2001, 08:14:5722/02/2001

"Marc" <cyberf...@icqmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
<lots o' really good stuff snipped>

> Plot summary:
>
> 1. Buffy vs Dracula (season opens with a 2-parter)
> When The Ancient roar - they all knew he existed but never expected him to
> come to Sunnydale. But Count Dracula always had been curious. Because of
his
> wealth he wanders the earth with the image of an eccentric man - but he's
> always hungry. When Buffy and Riley visits her mother and Buffy's sister
> Tammy for a party they're throwing for Giles who'll be absent for a while,
> Dracula watches the gang from outside. It's a huge party, even school
> friends of Tammy show up. Dracula never seeks confrontation with Buffy,
> just observes her but he's spotted by Willow who's talking to Jeffrey
> Moriarty - a teenager in identity-crisis. They even talks to the stranger.
> After the party's over and Giles leaves, Willow discovers the identity of
> Dracula and goes in search for Buffy who takes off to kill the vampire.
But
> she cannot kill him. Somehow during the fight she gets more en more
obsessed
> with killing him and she doesn't succeed. By the time it's not Dracula who
> dies, but - in a way - Buffy.
Wow, sounds like a Paul Auster story only with monsters.... Very
intereresting. I would have liked to have seen that.in the show.

Rob Myall

23 Feb 2001, 08:46:3123/02/2001
<DELURK>
Okay... I've managed to avoid answering the previous questions, but this
one was just too much fun... so without further ado, onto the episodes:

Buffy vs. Dracula

Dracula comes to Sunnydale. Joyce gets

seduced. Giles saves her and they kiss. Buffy

kills Dracula, but not before he can get out

some trite warning that "the Hunter knows

about you now - it's coming for you"

Real Me

Riley starts having strange dreams. He starts

seeing people and places he doesn't know and

never seen. Buffy and Giles research "The

Hunter" with little luck. Xander, who's job

comes to an end, decides to take a holiday

with Anya and they leave together.

The Replacement

When a collector buys one of the pieces from

Joyce's gallery, he offers to give her a

replacement from his collection - a sealed

vase from Ancient Greece. The vase is broken

during a break-in and a Hell-horse (or

Nightmare) is freed. While Giles is examining

the broken vase (and the damage to the

gallery), he and Joyce again kiss. Spike and

Buffy defeat the hell-horse (Spike narrowly

avoids being incinerated by its flaming

hooves).

Out of My Mind

Riley's dreams turn into waking visions. He

starts seeing and hearing things while awake.

He starts to see a black, amorphous cloud

hanging over Buffy. Eventually at Buffy's, he

starts lashing out, destroying anything he

can lay his hands on. He then falls comatose.

Graham turns up and says the government can

help him. Buffy, suspicious, tails them.

Riley is taken to a "Training Center" where

there are others who've also got the same

symptoms (and can see the cloud). It turns

out Riley was genetically engineered in an

attempt to give him telekinesis and

telepathy. The Government give him medication

to prevent the hallucinations.

No Place Like Home

Buffy moves back home while her room is

rebuilt. Giles and Joyce go on a date. Riley

decides he needs some time to come to terms

with what's been done to him and goes back to

Iowa. Buffy throws herself into her work to

avoid dealing with Joyce / Riley. In a fight

with a vampire she becomes sloppy and Spike

saves her at the last minute.

Family

A strange force comes over the University,

causing people to sleepwalk. While asleep, a

number of students die (through falling out

of windows / down stairs). Willow and Tara

attempt to counter this but are not powerful

enough. However, Willow discovers a spell

which will return Amy to human form and does

so. Amy, disoriented, recognizes Tara and

calls her "Cousin" before passing out. When

she comes to, they discover Tara and Amy are

cousins (Amy's mother and Tara's were

sisters), but that Tara's mother never

practiced witchcraft. The three of them

together manage to break the spell over the

University.

Fool For Love

"Cupid" comes to Sunnydale, causing couples

to throw themselves at each other. Giles and

Joyce are caught in a compromising position

by Buffy. Spike falls for Amy. Buffy, missing

Riley desperately, books a plane to Iowa and

flies off to see him. Amy summons Cupid and

persuades him to break the spell. Buffy meets

Riley's family and persuades Riley to come

back with her to Sunnydale.

Shadow

A Demon comes to Sunnydale in search of the

"Rose of Jumlat" - an ancient statuette able

to bestow invisibility. Giles is out with

Joyce when the demon breaks into his house in

search of the rose. Buffy finds the

devastation and tracks the demon to the

cemetary where they fight. During the fight
she catches a glimpse of a dark black cloud

hovering nearby. As she defeats the demon and

turns to confront the cloud it disappears,

but she hears an echoing voice "I defeated

you before, Slayer...". She goes to Giles,

confused over what it may be. His research

turns up nothing - Buffy hasn't been

defeated...

Listening To Fear

Realising they need more information Riley

reduces his medication allowing him to see

the cloud around Buffy. He hears it

whispering and muttering, almost incoherent

"The Slayer... always here... finally... way

in..."
He also starts to pick up stray thoughts from

other people including Spike thinking about

Amy. Willow and Tara's research turns up two

references to a dark cloud in the Slayer

Journals - different Journals which end

shortly afterwards.

Into The Woods

Searching for more clues to the identity of

this black cloud, Buffy goes to L.A, where

Giles claims there's a book in a museum which

might be able to help. On arrival, she and

Riley find that the museum is privately owned

(by Wolfram and Hart) and they need Angel's

help to get in. (Concluded in the Angel

episode)

Triangle

Xander and Anya are on a cruise ship near

Bermuda. During an idyllic afternoon a fog

swells up around the ship and strange sounds

can be heard. Strange fish men have summoned

the fog to hide their invasion of the ship.

Anya remembers these creatures and their

search for an amulet, which she assumes is on

the ship. Xander and Anya search the ship and

try to avoid the fish men. Finally, Anya

finds the amulet. Xander is surrounded by

fish men and defending himself with a

fire-axe. Anya smashes the amulet and the

fish men fall dead.

Checkpoint

Xander and Anya return to Sunnydale. Giles

tries to translate the book Buffy recovered

in LA. A nest of vampires has moved into a

warehouse near the docks and the entire

Scooby Gang (Buffy, Riley, Willow, Tara,

Xander, Anya, Spike and Amy) have to pool

resources to defeat them. Cue Buffy's

birthday celebration.

Blood Ties

Giles manages to translate the book - it

turns out to be the journal of the First

Slayer. It describes in detail how she

overcame her primal, hunter instincts to plan

and defeat a nest of vampires - an ancient

shaman cast a spell to draw the Hunter out of

her. Ever since, it has been seeking a way

back in - a way to rejoin the Slayer it was

ripped from. It seems summoning the power of

the First Slayer has attracted its attention.

Joyce discovers she's pregnant.

Crush

Spike, still attracted to Amy, even without

Cupid's spell, tries to find a gift to give

her. He discovers "The Book Of Asharn" in a

crypt and gives it to Amy, unaware that an

order of knights has been looking for the

book for hundreds of years. The knights are

trying to protect the book, which contains

spells to summon true Demons. Buffy, after

fighting the knights to a standstill, agrees

to give them the book in return for help

against the Hunter.

I Was Made To Love You

Willow's mother falls sick and is rushed to

hospital. Tara tries to confort Willow, who

feels depressed as her mom gets weaker and

weaker. In desperation, Tara tries a spell to

heal Mrs. Rosenberg. It succeeds, but

transfers the illness to Tara. Amy and Giles

have to snap Willow out of her sadness and

fear long enough to attempt a "bonding"

between her and Tara - to merge their

strength to fight off the disease.

The Body

While Buffy is fighting vampires in the

cemetary, a cop tries to intervene and gets

himself killed. Buffy feels she should have

been able to save him. Cut to morgue where

cop's body is being stored - dark cloud (the

Hunter) enters the body, which sits up.
The next night, Buffy is again in the

cemetary and the cop appears. He makes no

move to intervene in the fight. When she has

finished with the vampire, she approaches the

cop. "I am a part of you Slayer. You cannot

defeat me." Buffy attempts to fight him, but

he counters every move she makes - not

attacking back, but just blocking every move

as if he knows she's going to make it. Buffy

has to break off when another vampire rises.

When she's finished fighting, the cop has

gone. She throws herself into training with

Giles, trying to improve enough to defeat the

Hunter.

Hope you like them
Regards
Rob
</DELURK

Mattia Valente

23 Feb 2001, 17:39:2923/02/2001
Mattia Valente wrote:

> "P@rick" wrote:
> > By which I mean that I deliver you the titles of the
> > Buffy S5 episodes up till now, and you get to fill in the stories behind
> > them.
>
> Ah :o)
>
> This could take a good long while.

Right...and, it's a little too late (been a bit of a bitch of a week,
uni work wise.) to actually write anything good. I started, but I won't
be able to finish it tonight (I'm still not quite wakeful..) Hmm...I'll
submit this weekend, methinks (tomorrow is, as you know, busy ;o)

So again, I have to butt out (yes, I suck..) I will complete it all (and
I've been trying to integrate that other question into this one, but
that ain't working..)

Mattia
ReplyMeister[tm]

Sierk

25 Feb 2001, 08:20:1625/02/2001

"Marc" <cyberf...@icqmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

<Some really good stuff!>

Have you got stories I can read, Mark?
I'd like that.

Sierk

P@rick

25 Feb 2001, 17:52:4725/02/2001
Not a whole lot of people participating in this edition of the one and
only abe Quiz. Are most people tired of it, or do we have to start
asking less elaborate questions (e.g. in which episode did Buffy stake a
vampire?). Those who did participate turned in great answers, so it was
well worth it. Only three submissions, alhough I feel that could have
been five if Mattia and Miriam had had more time to come up with
something good. Question number VI managed to pull someone out of
lurkdom which is also a very positive result. Let me start with Rob's
submission.

This guy definitely needs to post more often. I like his imagination.
Joyce-Giles smoochies, even resulting in pregnancy... go Joyce and
Ripper! Bringing back Amy and teaming her up with Willow and Tara is
also very nice. Good use of cliffhangers and ongoing storylines. I was
actually wondering whether he wasn't just spoiling for S5 ;o) Rob
certainly fed my appetite for new Buffy eps.

Marc showed his usual high quality and elaborate writing style. Even
with a complete introductionary piece before getting to the real
answers. Way darker than the other contributions, but very interesting.
Like the darker side of Tara. And Giles becoming seriously ill. And also
a romantic storyline for Joyce! She really needs a new guy doesn't she?
I might have missed it but some stories showed little or no relation
with the episode titles. And it was sort of the idea that they did.

Like he said, George's submission had a high corny factor. Just the way
I like it! Some of his ideas came really close to mine (I'll post my
version in a few days). His twisted sense of humour did it for me. And
he killed off Riley, which easily got him bonuspoints. Xander-Drusilla,
I like that one. Get ready for some X-rated fanfic (not from me though).
And just like Rob, he brings W&H into the Buffyverse. Very promising.

So I have three very good contributions, but I get to pick only one
winner. Like I said, the choice will be a very subjective one. So I'll
go for the humour in George's submission. So George, here's your title.
I polished it for you, but I couldn't get the wine stain from the last
victory party completely out. Red on black, you barely see it.

Applause for our winner ladies and gentlemen, and let's also hear it
again for Rob and Marc!

Bye, Patrick
--
Keeper of the Willowism, "And I'm eating this banana. Lunchtime be
damned!"

Rob Myall

26 Feb 2001, 03:43:1726/02/2001
P@rick wrote:

<SNIP>

> This guy definitely needs to post more often. I like his imagination.
> Joyce-Giles smoochies, even resulting in pregnancy... go Joyce and
> Ripper! Bringing back Amy and teaming her up with Willow and Tara is
> also very nice. Good use of cliffhangers and ongoing storylines. I was
> actually wondering whether he wasn't just spoiling for S5 ;o) Rob
> certainly fed my appetite for new Buffy eps.

Well, I'll try... although only having access from work will make it a
little infrequent...
As to the episodes - spoiling S5 - I'd bl**dy hope not :) It took me
nearly two weeks to come up with something that was vaguely coherent
post Restless and had to write the episodes on the fly on Friday...
I'm disappointed I gave Willow such short shrift - for some reason no
storyline really resolved itself, but the others were fairly easy.
My only complaint with the show would be that the Scooby Gang is _way_
too large to give them all decent screen time...

> Marc showed his usual high quality and elaborate writing style.

<SNIP>
Okay - I liked this... took a lot of getting into though - keeping track
of all the extra characters and such...

> Like he said, George's submission had a high corny factor.

<SNIP>
Certainly kept me amused :)

> Like I said, the choice will be a very subjective one. So I'll
> go for the humour in George's submission. So George, here's your title.

Congratulations George (Phew <wipes brow> - it wasn't me... I don't have
to come up with a question now ;)). Good luck with coming up with
question VII...

Regards
Rob

george van hal

26 Feb 2001, 13:55:4026/02/2001
"P@rick" wrote:

<snip>

> Like he said, George's submission had a high corny factor.

Yup :-)

> Just the way I like it! Some of his ideas came really close to mine (I'll
> post my
> version in a few days).

We'll be waiting patiently for it :-) I for one am curious how close it
came...

> His twisted sense of humour did it for me. And
> he killed off Riley, which easily got him bonuspoints. Xander-Drusilla,
> I like that one. Get ready for some X-rated fanfic (not from me though).
> And just like Rob, he brings W&H into the Buffyverse. Very promising.
>
> So I have three very good contributions, but I get to pick only one
> winner. Like I said, the choice will be a very subjective one. So I'll
> go for the humour in George's submission. So George, here's your title.

Yay!! Thank you! <takes title> Yay! :-))

> I polished it for you, but I couldn't get the wine stain from the last
> victory party completely out. Red on black, you barely see it.

Oh...ok. Just as long as it doesn't really show...

> Applause for our winner ladies and gentlemen,

<takes a bow>

> and let's also hear it
> again for Rob and Marc!

Yay them!!

Ok now I'll have to come up with a new question. Hmm. Let me think about
this one for a while...

See Ya,
George