IP Address Identification - Chilling Discovery

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 4, 2005, 8:50:16 AM9/4/05
Anyone can trace an internet post by checking out the IP address in the
original post. It's usually listed in the NNTP-POSTING-HOST.

You can do this in two ways. If you download messages into your OE
inbox, you can click on 'View Source'. If you read messages via
Google's group interface, you can click on the 'View Original' option.

If you do this for a Kevin O'Brien post, it tells you his unique IP
address is:

68.166.245.136

(For example, from the following link:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.books.ghost-fiction/msg/1173f7c909a00e40?dmode=source)

Distubringly, if you do the same for Kevin's Staff Psyhcologist, you
get this IP address:

68.166.245.136

(From her message here:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.books.ghost-fiction/msg/4c8e3405e6a5f119?dmode=source)

This proves that Kevin O'Brien authored and posted the message
purported to come from his Onology psychologist 'Susan Anton'.

This latest stunt is very disturbing and supports the concern that
O'Brien is faking his alleged cancer. I strongly urge anyone who knows
how to contact his family in the Denver area to do so. I know very
little about mental health issues, but suspect that this behaviour is
of serious concern.

No cheap wise-cracks please - the evidence is irrefutable.

(I've cross-posted this to a mental health group to see if they have
any suggestions to offer Mr O'Brien.)

kevi...@clare.ltd.new.net

Sep 4, 2005, 10:43:27 AM9/4/05
Carnacki The Ghost-Finder wrote:

> This proves that Kevin O'Brien authored and posted the message
> purported to come from his Onology psychologist 'Susan Anton'.

No, it only proves that we used the same computer system, in this case
the computer system of the hospital where I spend most of my time
taking my treatments.

And, yes, I'm there today, taking more treatments. And yes, my
hospital has an Internet connection for the benefit of its patients.
It is a rather progressive institution.

This does, however, prove just how unbalanced Barker is. This post is
indicative of someone who suffers from narcissistic personality
disorder, especially the lengths he is going to to try to discredit a
critic.

Kevin L. O'Brien

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 4, 2005, 11:09:44 AM9/4/05

No one doubts that you will always try to twist your way out of a tight
situation. But in this case, you are humiliating yourself.

The notion that a professional Oncology Psychologist would post to a
newsgroup to support you contentions is not only outrageous but
unprecedented. To now argue that you both just happen to use the same
computer, the same ISP and the same password is not just stretching the
boundaries of credibility, it is flagrantly insulting to anyone who has
supported you in the past. Furthermore, in lying about your cancer, you
are committing a vile deception upon many who have been touched by this
tragic illness.

It's obvious that you are lying and - as has been widely commented upon
before, by a very large number of people from different backgrounds -
that you are singularly incapable of stopping. There is a queue of
people stretching back as far as your arrival on the internet who have
branded you a compulsive liar. And these people aren't part of any
group nor are they affiliated to each other: they are independent folk
who often disagree with each other. But the one belief that they are
united in is that you are a devious and unprincipled serial liar.

Seriously, leave the internet well alone and seek medical help before
you end up in very serious trouble. The internet isn't for you, can't
you see that?

CB

kevi...@clare.ltd.new.net

Sep 4, 2005, 11:37:11 AM9/4/05
Carnacki The Ghost-Finder wrote:

> No one doubts that you will always try to twist your way out of a tight
> situation.

No, rather it is you continually trying to make an attack that has been
refuted.

> The notion that a professional Oncology Psychologist would post to a
> newsgroup to support you contentions is not only outrageous but
> unprecedented.

On the contrary, you said she was "imaginary"; what better way to prove
she wasn't than by posting to the same group.

> To now argue that you both just happen to use the same computer . . .

No, not the same computer, the same computer SYSTEM, which all the
computers at the hospital are tied into. Hence any computer at the
hospital would show the same address.

> . . . the same ISP . . .

The hospital uses one ISP for its entire system, so yes each computer
would also use the same ISP.

> . . . and the same password . . .

No, different passwords were used; you don't need the same password to
access the same system, since any efficient system will be able to
handle multiple passwords.

> . . . is not just stretching the boundaries of credibility, it is
> flagrantly insulting. . . .

What is insulting is that you use your ignorance of IT systems to try
to refute reality. Just another indication of your narcissistic
personality disorder.

Kevin L. O'Brien

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 4, 2005, 12:04:46 PM9/4/05
You'd kill your own family just to say someone else did it.

http://www.mental-health-matters.com/articles/article.php?artID=785

kevi...@clare.ltd.new.net

Sep 4, 2005, 12:06:58 PM9/4/05
Carnacki The Ghost-Finder wrote:

> You'd kill your own family just to say someone else did it.

And you just demonstrated your own severely disturbed state.

Kevin L. O'Brien

haunte...@hotmail.com

Sep 4, 2005, 5:40:17 PM9/4/05

Which hospital are you attending, O'Brien?

O'Brien: I am afraid that my hospital has asked me, for security
reasons, to not divulge that information.

That's a bit strange, O'Brien. Why the secrecy?

O'Brien: All hospitals in Colorado are on a heightened state of alert
in case you try to contact them. I have an email from the Chief
Executive of the hospitals trust which says "On no account divulge any
of our locations to that man Barker. He is a menace who will stop at
nothing to find out where we are."

Hmm. Could you please publish this email, KLOB?

O'Brien: I have been asked by George Bush not to publish any email real
or imaginary that may pose a threat to national security.
Tum-de-tum-de-tum.....

Ok.....I did a search of staff names at the key Denver hospitals, and
none of them lists your Psychologist, Susan Anton. Why is this?

O'Brien: It is absolutely disgusting that you dare to question my word
on this matter. Miss Anton is a well-respected healthcare professional
who quite sensibly removed her name from all databases in case you
tried to contact her.

Hmm.... You do know that it is unprecedented for a healthcare
professional to post a diagnosis onto the internet like 'Miss Anton'
did, don't you? It breaks every rule in the medical book.

O'Brien: Susan decided to make an exception in your case because she
could see how mad you are making me with all this talk of my telling
lies.

How come she uses the same computer you use? And posted her message
within an hour of yours? How come she is allowed to post to newsgroups
when she is meant to be working?

O'Brien: Stop asking me all those questions! I can only invent one
answer at a time! I need time to think!

But haven't several other people caught you out telling lies elsewhere?
Mike Tice, C S Strowbridge, Aaron Vanek--

O'Brien: No, they are all conspiring against me.

Why would they do that? Why would people who have little or nothing in
common all suddenly decide to conspire against you?

O'Brien: It's obvious. To prove me wrong. Tum-de-tum-de-tum.

But didn't they publish evidence proving that you were wrong?

O'Brien: That's not the point. Besides, you can always argue your way
out of anything on the internet. The internet is God's way of telling
you that you never have to apologise for anything. Tra-la-la-la-la.
Who's on the first base?

Do you believe in God then?

O'Brien: Yes. He gives me advice. He talks to me. I love God, He's my
friend. Him and John Pelan. In fact, it was He who told me I had
cancer. God, I mean, not John.

Do you really have cancer? I mean, have the doctors definitely said you
have cancer?

O'Brien: I don't need doctors. I have God. He told me I have cancer and
He sends me to the hospital.

So why do you go to the hospital?

O'Brien: For my treatments. God is treating me. He tells me to sit in
the oncology waiting room for a few hours and then to go home and use
my computer to spread His message. Everyone's been very kind and
friendly, even the people who live in my walls. It's *great* having
cancer.

Which hospital is this waiting room in?

O'Brien: Aha, Evil One, trying to tempt me! I'm not falling for that
old trick!

Tom Alaerts

Sep 4, 2005, 5:47:44 PM9/4/05
Interestingly, in post
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.books.ghost-fiction/msg/c636c78c83223864?dmode=source&hl=en
you

you wrote from IP address 68.166.245.136

"I just got back from another day of treatments."

Maybe the medical assistant was visiting your home when she typed the email?

Now I can't imagine you lying about being gravely ill, that would be
such a low, low thing to do.
You might however reconsider if you really like to spend valuable time
discussing pointless issues over the net. Do you think that anyone
cares?

But I can imagine you making up the personality of Miss Susan Anton...
Really, did you believe for one moment that anyone would swallow the
idea of a medical professional commenting in this stupid and pointless
thread?

Of course, should I be mistaken, I apologise for false accusations, but
I doubt that it will be necessary.

Tom

ps this comment doesn't imply me taking sides, I barely click on the
links of these exchanges (But the header "IP Address Identification -
Chilling Discovery" proved too tempting...).
I still believe that CB can use his talents in much more productive
ways, and that JP & CB should be wiser than continuing these ridiculous
exchanges, and that KLB should grow up. But it won't change a damn
thing. More than one year ago the words "Isomedia" and "toad" caused me
to yawn, and I predict they will cause me to yawn again on september 5,
2006.

corto.m...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2005, 5:42:34 PM9/4/05
(2nd try to post)

kevi...@clare.ltd.new.net

Sep 4, 2005, 5:47:37 PM9/4/05
I am Dr. Marvin Monroe, head of the Springfield State Mental Health
Institute. I was reading through the posts on
alt.society.mental-health when I found 'Carnacki's' post. Imagine my
surprise when I discovered that the IP address was my own! I launched
an immediate investigation and discovered that one of our patients has
a labtop computer equipped with wireless technology that allowed him to
hack into my computer. I am using his username and password to post
this message, after which they will be deleted.

'Kevin L. O'Brien' (not his real name, but for the purposes of privacy
I'll use it) suffers from paranoid schizophrenia with delusions of
megalomania. He is not a liar <per se>, but he does have a distorted
view of reality. His family had him committed for his own protection
and theirs. Reading some of things he has posted, I should say that
'Carnacki' is is quite accurate about his mental state. He does make
up correspondences from imaginary people; his letter from Joseph Curwen
is well known in the mental health profession. I should also state
that his claim to be a small press publisher is completely false. He
has published no books, and his 'authors,' like all his 'friends,' are
complete figments of his imagination. That is to say, the people may
themselves be real, but they never wrote any stories for him. He wrote
the stories on his website himself and he's fooled a number of online
sites to list his 'books,' but none of them exist.

I want to thank 'Carnacki' for bringing this to my attention, even if
inadvertantly, and I am sorry he has disturbed you good people. His
computer has been confiscated and his Google membership will be
deleted, so he should trouble you no more.

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 4, 2005, 6:01:06 PM9/4/05
Tom Alaerts wrote:

'Interestingly, in post

"I just got back from another day of treatments."

Maybe the medical assistant was visiting your home when she typed the

email?'

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Incisive detective work, Tom. The evidence discounting the 'We're both
using a hospital computer' was there all along, right under everyone's
noses. I'd missed it too.

"ps this comment doesn't imply me taking sides....I still believe that

CB can use his talents in much more productive ways, and that JP & CB
should be wiser than continuing these ridiculous exchanges, and that

KLB should grow up...."

You're right, you're right. It can quickly become an addiction. I
really don't enjoy the arguments, but feel compelled to try and obtain
'closure'. Perhaps I do bang on too much about certain people telling
lies. All I can say is that if they admitted to having tried it when
the deception is discovered, these silly arguments would be over far
quicker, and wouldn't achieve such a high profile.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Tom Alaerts is one of the
pleasantest and most reasonable people in this or any newsgroup, and
were he willing to act as group moderator he'd get my vote (as would
Gary Crawford and one or two others). But I can't see him accepting the
role because of the stress involved.

theghostf...@yahoo.com

Sep 4, 2005, 6:02:42 PM9/4/05
The great detective of Barker Street
re:NNTP-POSTING-HOST
Using this form of detective work, you claimed i was Ramsey Campbell.
Yet later you accussed me of being Kevin L. O'Brien.

the ghost fish

Christopher Roden

Sep 4, 2005, 6:03:14 PM9/4/05
On 4 Sep 2005 14:47:37 -0700, kevi...@clare.ltd.new.net wrote:

>I am Dr. Marvin Monroe, head of the Springfield State Mental Health
>Institute.

No, no, it can't be . . . not the Springfield where Homer lives?

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 4, 2005, 6:14:01 PM9/4/05

Why doesn't it surprise me that you'd pretend to believe that both the
Marvin Monroe and Susan Anton characters were real....? Not nursing a
grudge, are we?

I find it shameful that you can turn a blind eye to an obvious
deception of a very disturbing nature. I thought you once referred to a
cancer-related bereavement in your own past? Yet here you are,
overlooking KLOB's pretence of having cancer, making light jokes.

It was a different story when KLOB announced his Big Goodbye.

CB

Christopher Roden

Sep 4, 2005, 6:17:47 PM9/4/05

Hey, hold on just a minute, bucko!

Where have I said that I believe either Monroe or Anton are real
characters?

As far as I'm concerned, Susan Anton is a busty broad from Baywatch.
Marvin could be Marilyn's brother for all I know or care.

But you haven't even puzzled out how to find the best clue yet, and
it's only a search away.

CR

On 4 Sep 2005 15:14:01 -0700, "Carnacki The Ghost-Finder"

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 4, 2005, 6:24:08 PM9/4/05

Whoever you are, you're a coward. That much is obvious.

Besides, you're talking nonsense. O'Brien has publicly acknowledged
that I was right to link the NNTP details in his case.

That makes you a coward *and* an idiot. So be off with you, and never
darken our doors again with your anonymity. Stalkers like you are like
those creepy old men who sneak into childrens' chat rooms.

Alternatively you can keep on posting. I have successfully identified
four cowardly sock puppeteers to date, and with the Police's help, hope
to procure enough evidence from ISP companies to prosecute two specific
people in the UK. Either way, the joke is not on me but on the
puppeteers: I predict much local embarrassment and possible job losses
to follow.

TTFN,

CB

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 4, 2005, 6:35:05 PM9/4/05
Christopher Roden wrote:
> Hey, hold on just a minute, bucko!
>
> Where have I said that I believe either Monroe or Anton are real
> characters?
>
> As far as I'm concerned, Susan Anton is a busty broad from Baywatch.
> Marvin could be Marilyn's brother for all I know or care.
>
> But you haven't even puzzled out how to find the best clue yet, and
> it's only a search away.
>
> CR

Ok, ok...I'll have to admit to not being a Baywatch fan. But even if
there is a famous Susan Anton, none but a fool could argue that O'Brien
didn't try to make a concerted and sincere effort to pass off a fake
message as real, and then hotly defend it. Like me, O'Brien may not
know who Anton is. He may have heard the name somewhere and just used
it without thinking. After all, I first crossed swords with O'Brien
when I scripted a parody of The Pixies song 'This Monkey's Gone To
Heaven' in alt horror cthulhu and O'Brien made a fool of himself by
saying it was a bad poem (when someone told him it was a Pixies parody
he claimed that he had understood the reference all along, a
preposterous claim that no one actually believed). So yes, I can well
believe that even though O'B lives in the US, he may not know who this
Anton woman is.

Then there's the issue of his claim to have cancer. It's looking
dodgier by the minute. I believe it's something that shouldn't be joked
about.

CB

Christopher Roden

Sep 4, 2005, 7:08:33 PM9/4/05

Coincidence #2: Susan Anton, Baywatch Star, was born in Denver. Google
would tell you all you need to know and more.

Found the major clue yet?

Oh - I wasn't joking about any illness. I was joking about
Springfield, the Simpsons, and how mindlessly dull and pointless all
of this is.

CR

On 4 Sep 2005 15:35:05 -0700, "Carnacki The Ghost-Finder"

theghostf...@yahoo.com

Sep 4, 2005, 8:02:03 PM9/4/05
But my dear fellow, i am not talking nonsense. You did check the NNTP
and deduced from it that i was Ramsey Campbell. Yet later you accussed
me of being Kevin L. O'Brien, several times, even though i stated i was
not he.

I have an interest in ghost and cthulhu mythos fiction, and have been a
lurker at these forums for some time, content to read about these
subjects. Yet far too often off topic threads have proliferated here.
Occasionally i have felt provoked into responding to some of them
(either by posting replies or sometimes starting my own threads,
inspired by what i have read here).

I have never been in a chat room in my life. I am not a sock puppet,
nor a stalker. And i'm still not even a member of Bad Mr Toad.
I did not realise that posting anonymously was against the law.

Cheers,
the ghost fish

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 5, 2005, 4:48:07 AM9/5/05
Begone with you, coward!

kevi...@clare.ltd.new.net

Sep 5, 2005, 9:19:10 AM9/5/05
Christopher, Susan Anton is the name of the staff psychologist who is
counselling me. The fact that she has the same name as a Baywath star
is pure coincidence, just as it is a coincidence that she is using an
email address that was used five years ago by someone unrelated who
shares my last name; she is very real. There are many women in the US
named Susan Anton; are they all fakes? There are many people who are
named Pat O'Brien; are they all relatives of mine? I mean, please, use
some common sense.

Frankly I resent your encouraging Barker. If you think I am lying
about my cancer, then just tell Barker about what you found when you
Googled "silverpen" and be done with it. Frankly I don't care anymore.
It is too exhausting fighting a disease that has a good chance of
killing me, and fighting a bastard like Barker, and now fighting people
who I had thought were friends. So go ahead, tell everyone what you've
found out, brand me a liar like Barker has, and then just leave me the
hell alone.

By the way, I am posting from home today, so the ISP adresses will not
match those of my recent posts. Also, the Marvin Monroe post was an
obvious hoax meant to see if Barker would swallow the bait and start
crowing abut how he's been vindicated about me being insane. If the
two of you want to have a good horse laugh at my expence, then by all
means you can reveal these items as well.

Kevin L. O'Brien

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 5, 2005, 10:37:25 AM9/5/05

No one *wants* to laugh at or even triumph over you. All I really want
is for you to stop lying, and to stop then insulting everybody with
this series of ridiculous defences.

You invented fake evidence to support lies in AHC and no one believed
you; here you are doing it again. The only difference is that this is
serious because of the subject matter.

Michael "Smee" and I cannot be described as affectionate friends; Tom
Alaerts is a pretty fair-minded and independent man. So when they start
raising concerns over your illness and / or the curious statement from
'Susan Anton', I think it's time to stop, don't you?

Alas I fear you won't. I believe you will carry on, whether it be in
your own name or via sock puppet. For that reason I shall go ahead with
my plans to publish a website dedicated to you and John Pelan, so that
I at least can move on and start getting on with other things. Once
it's published, it's work completed.

CB

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 5, 2005, 10:40:10 AM9/5/05
Christopher Roden wrote:

"Found the major clue yet?"

Nope. I have other things on my mind and to tell the truth, all this
virtual subterfuge is doing my head in.

CB

silv...@earthlink.net

Sep 5, 2005, 12:38:32 PM9/5/05
Dear members of alt.horror.cthulhu and alt.books.ghost-fiction --

Kevin O'Brien, who had been released from the hospital early this
morning to be with his family for Labor Day, has suffered a physical
relapse due to stress brought on by association with these forums and
has been rushed back to the hospital. His condition is guarded but
good, and we expect him to make a full recovery from this event.

Being as I am partially responsible for this relapse, I have taken it
upon myself to make the following announcement. After consultation
with his oncologist, his family doctor, and his family members, we have
decided to cancel his Google account, which has already been done.
Whether he recreates a new account at a later time will be left up to
him, but for the foreseeable future he will no longer be allowed to
access these forums.

As I said, I feel partially responsible for his relapse. I had thought
that continued participation in your discussions would benefit his
recovery, but I had not realized how damaging it could actually be.
When Kevin first warned me about Mr. Barker, I did not take him
seriously. Even after I read Mr. Barker's posts, I did not anticipate
the lengths he would go to hound Kevin just to win a ridiculous feud.
I also failed to anticipate the complete lack of support Kevin would
receive from other members, including those who had also been attacked
by Mr. Barker in the past (except for John Pelan), and I had not
expected neutral parties or those otherwise opposed to Mr. Barker to
support his attacks with unfounded accusations and innuendo.
Especially such ridiculous claims based on my name, or my email
address, or questions regarding my professional ethics from
non-professionals. Had I known of this level of intolerance and
vindictiveness earlier, I would never have encouraged Kevin to remain a
member of these forums.

It is not my intention to get involved in your childish disputes, so I
too will cancel my Google account after this message is posted. And
despite the fact that everything, except the 'Marvin Monroe' post which
was ill-advised, that Kevin has told you is true, it is not my
intention to support him here. Nor is it worth my time to try to prove
my existence to people who mean nothing to me. If any of you choose to
believe I do not exist or choose to doubt that Kevin has cancer, that
is your affair, but it means nothing except that you allow your own
petty grievences to override your rational faculties.

I do agree with Mr. Alerts in one respect: it is ridiculous to allow
Kevin to jeopardize his health by being subjected to baseless and
unwarrented attacks from people who have nothing more constructive to
contribute. I find your tolerance of Mr. Barker and his antics
interesting from a clinical standpoint, but I have no interest in
investigating further either his individual pathology or the pathology
of these two forum groups. My hospital work keeps me well occupied.
But if anyone needs further evidence of Mr. Barker's instability,
simply read the "True Confessions" thread and note that all his recent
posts have consisted of nothing more than attempts to engage in fights.

Susan Anton, PhD, Staff Psychologist, University of Colorado Hospital

smee

Sep 5, 2005, 1:08:35 PM9/5/05
silv...@earthlink.net wrote:

> Dear members of alt.horror.cthulhu and alt.books.ghost-fiction --
>
> Kevin O'Brien, who had been released from the hospital early this
> morning to be with his family for Labor Day, has suffered a physical
> relapse due to stress brought on by association with these forums and
> has been rushed back to the hospital.

<remaining lunacy snipped>

This is all so very pathetic.

Congratulations, Kevin. You've managed to do what virtually no one else
has been able to accomplish in the years I've been observing Chris
Barker's antics here in a.b.g.-f. (sometimes as particpant, but mostly
as lurker). You've actually made me side with Chris in one of his nasty
little disputes. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to forgive you for
that.

Yrs,

Michael

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 5, 2005, 2:06:12 PM9/5/05
Is anyone else reminded of that scene from the Fawlty Tower's episode
WALDORF SALAD, when John Cleese tries to blame an invisible chef for
the poor food?

To quote from the Fawlty Towers website:

Basil begins a ridiculous charade pretending the chef is in the kitchen
by loudly berating him about his failure to rustle up a simple Waldorf
Salad. When Sybil comes through to the kitchen and tells Basil how the
Waldorf Salad got its name (after the Waldorf Hotel in New York), Basil
has a brainwave! (Oh dear!). Not to be out done by the Yanks, he is
going to offer the Hamiltons a Ritz Salad!

Mr Hamilton won't be swayed though and is none too pleased about the
service so far. He wouldn't board his dog here, he sneers at Basil. He
wants the chef's ass busted and he wants Basil to do it! Sybil somehow
manages to conjure up the Waldorf Salad from somewhere whilst Basil
goes through and fakes a row with the invisible chef. The charade of
pretending the chef is still there continues with Basil even presenting
a letter of apology from the chef to the Hamiltons. The game is finally
up when Mr Hamilton walks in to the kitchen to catch Basil loudly
arguing with the "chef".

Stephen Weir

Sep 5, 2005, 3:51:28 PM9/5/05
Carnacki The Ghost-Finder wrote:
> Is anyone else reminded of that scene from the Fawlty Tower's episode WALDORF SALAD, when John Cleese tries to blame an invisible chef for
> the poor food?

Actually, I was reminded of a less well known episode of The Three Stooges.
The Stooges (Kevin, Chris and John) continue a pointless argument, that
no-one here gives a flying fuck about, ad nauseum.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

theghostf...@yahoo.com

Sep 5, 2005, 5:26:30 PM9/5/05
Carnacki The Ghost-Finder wrote:
> theghostf...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > The great detective of Barker Street
> > re:NNTP-POSTING-HOST
> > Using this form of detective work, you claimed i was Ramsey Campbell.
> > Yet later you accussed me of being Kevin L. O'Brien.
> >
> > the ghost fish
>
> Whoever you are, you're a coward. That much is obvious.
>
> Besides, you're talking nonsense. O'Brien has publicly acknowledged
> that I was right to link the NNTP details in his case.
>
> That makes you a coward *and* an idiot.
So be off with you, and never
> darken our doors again with your anonymity.

Who died and made you god of this group? I think you're becoming
confused old chap, this:
http://groups.google.com/group/Ghost-Fiction
is the group you moderate.

Idiot?
What does that make you? It would seem you have not grasped the point i
was making with this post.

Coward? Stalker?
I'm afraid if you found out who i was you'd be stalking me. Although it
would seem you rarely venture far from your computer, it is not beyond
the realms of possability that you might have a lap top thingymajig.

Would you be trying to shame me into revealing my identity? Carnacki
the ghost fish finder is it?

> Alternatively you can keep on posting. I have successfully identified
> four cowardly sock puppeteers to date, and with the Police's help, hope
> to procure enough evidence from ISP companies to prosecute two specific
> people in the UK.

sock puppets? police?
Talk about going full circle.

Chris Barker wrote:
"I have been systematically harrassed by sock puppets." June 13

ghost fish wrote:
Well not many of us can say that. Even fewer would admit it.

Chris Barker wrote:
"I have often witnessed the allegation of mental ill-health bandied
about on the
internet, but it is often just used as a silly weapon with which to
wound a perceived enemy." Feb 2

"And remember, you'd be doing many people a great service, not
least the hapless authors who have found themselves hoodwinked into
publishing with a print-on-demand buffoon out of sympathy for your
mental ill health." June 3

"It's about time that the police became involved in this matter. You
either need medical treatment for your mental illness or else" June
12

ghost fish wrote:
I knew you had many strings to your bow, old chap, but i never realised

you were an expert on mental health.

Chris Barker wrote:
"I have been systematically harrassed by sock puppets." June 13

ghost fish wrote:
Officer, I wish to report a crime.
Oh, really sir?
Yes I've been systematically harassed by sock puppets.
Right. Excuse me a moment sir. 'Ere George, ring round the local
mental hospital will you, see if they've lost a patient.
Now sir, could you describe these sock puppets?

> Either way, the joke is not on me but on the
> puppeteers: I predict much local embarrassment and possible job losses
> to follow.

Gadzooks yet another talent possessed by Carnacki the sock puppet
finder: fortune teller! Russell Grant must be worried about his future.
Is there no end to your talents?
For what it's worth my name is
Hang on, what's that outside my window?
Ye Gods! Is it a man? What a strange looking fellow. no it cannot
be.... it glows with a sickly green nimbus,it's batrachian yet
humanoid. Feverishly it types with warty apendages at a keyboard, yet
glares at me with four eyes. Dear Gods what is this abomination that
should not be?
It is coming for me. Through the window. Aagghh it's reaching out to
me.... for me. Its long tongue, Ia ia(now i know why witches were so
keen on tongue of toad). Keep away Spawn of Tsathoggua! No doomed!
AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 6, 2005, 5:28:28 AM9/6/05

I don't know anything about the stooges (well, except for Iggy's). But
if you haven't seen WALDORF SALAD, it's superb, with the snobbish
Fawlty being ruthlessly cut down to size by a no-bullshit Yank.

I've always wondered where 'flying f**k' originates from. It seems a
bizarre and nonsensical phrase. I suspect it's a triumph of
allitericism over common sense.

CB

williemeikle

Sep 6, 2005, 5:40:24 AM9/6/05

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder wrote:

> I've always wondered where 'flying f**k' originates from. It seems a
> bizarre and nonsensical phrase. I suspect it's a triumph of
> allitericism over common sense.
>
> CB

Info here at a really useful site:
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=fuck

Stephen Weir

Sep 6, 2005, 6:15:07 AM9/6/05
Carnacki The Ghost-Finder wrote:
> I don't know anything about the stooges (well, except for Iggy's). But if you haven't seen WALDORF SALAD, it's superb, with the snobbish
> Fawlty being ruthlessly cut down to size by a no-bullshit Yank.

I have seen it, and stand by my previous statement. I also get the
impression you're trying to compare yourself to the "no-bullshit Yank",
which would be very silly indeed.

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 6, 2005, 6:58:16 AM9/6/05

My respect for equestrians has increased greatly. It adds a new meaning
to events which comprise the Badminton Horse Trials.

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 6, 2005, 7:01:16 AM9/6/05

The only silly thing round here is your high-handed conclusion-jumping.
The only comparison I have ever made has been between the ridiculous
farce O'Brien contrived and that involving Basil Fawlty and a Waldorf
salad. If you stick to the facts rather than 'impressions' you might
fare better.

The notion that I would compare myself to a plain-speaking Yank is
preposterous; there are few things I am further from being. However, I
was the only person to express scepticism about O'Brien's cancer claim
when he suddenly announced the news at a suspiciously judicious moment,
and I distintcly recall received a small torrent of very silly abuse in
response. However, as recent developments have suggested, I might have
been the only person to have seen through O'Brien's charade. Certainly
I was the only one who dared to speak up.

O'Brien would have gone on fooling a great many people for a very long
time about a very serious issue if I hadn't intervened. You might
reflect upon that fact before posting any more personal slights. I
could just as easily criticise those who fell for O'Brien's claim as
you seek to chastise me, but I have opted not to. O'Brien may have been
nailed down as a liar but no one has won any victory here.

CB

Stephen Weir

Sep 6, 2005, 9:00:34 AM9/6/05
Carnacki The Ghost-Finder wrote:
> The only silly thing round here is your high-handed conclusion-jumping. The only comparison I have ever made has been between the ridiculous
> farce O'Brien contrived and that involving Basil Fawlty and a Waldorf salad. If you stick to the facts rather than 'impressions' you might
> fare better.

The comparison was there for all to see. By being 'the only sceptic' to
Kevin's claims, you made yourself the no-nonsense American.

> The notion that I would compare myself to a plain-speaking Yank is preposterous; there are few things I am further from being. However, I
> was the only person to express scepticism about O'Brien's cancer claim when he suddenly announced the news at a suspiciously judicious moment,
> and I distintcly recall received a small torrent of very silly abuse in response. However, as recent developments have suggested, I might have
> been the only person to have seen through O'Brien's charade. Certainly I was the only one who dared to speak up.

Change the record will you! You've been trotting out this same tired
anti-Kevin and John mantra for far too long. The three of you need to get a
life.

> O'Brien would have gone on fooling a great many people for a very long time about a very serious issue if I hadn't intervened. You might
> reflect upon that fact before posting any more personal slights. I could just as easily criticise those who fell for O'Brien's claim as
> you seek to chastise me, but I have opted not to. O'Brien may have been nailed down as a liar but no one has won any victory here.

How amazingly boring.

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 6, 2005, 2:45:34 PM9/6/05
Whatever.

andyandy68

Sep 6, 2005, 5:30:24 PM9/6/05
Hold on, I'm confused...
Is this actually that Kevin guy pretending to be his own psychologist
again, or is this someone else pretending to be that Kevin guy
pretending to be his psychologist?
And seriously, if you were named after a cheesy 70's actress, and
trying to make it as a staff psychologist, wouldn't you change your
name?
This forum is so confusing!

silv...@earthlink.net wrote:
> Dear members of alt.horror.cthulhu and alt.books.ghost-fiction --
>
> Kevin O'Brien, who had been released from the hospital early this
> morning to be with his family for Labor Day, has suffered a physical
> relapse due to stress brought on by association with these forums and
> has been rushed back to the hospital. His condition is guarded but
> good, and we expect him to make a full recovery from this event.

Green Jelly

Sep 8, 2005, 2:40:30 AM9/8/05
<haunte...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>
> O'Brien: Yes. He gives me advice. He talks to me. I love God, He's my
> friend. Him and John Pelan. In fact, it was He who told me I had
> cancer. God, I mean, not John.
>
> Do you really have cancer? I mean, have the doctors definitely said you
> have cancer?
>
> O'Brien: I don't need doctors. I have God. He told me I have cancer and
> He sends me to the hospital.
>
> So why do you go to the hospital?
>
> O'Brien: For my treatments. God is treating me. He tells me to sit in
> the oncology waiting room for a few hours and then to go home and use
> my computer to spread His message. Everyone's been very kind and
> friendly, even the people who live in my walls. It's *great* having
> cancer.
>
> Which hospital is this waiting room in?
>
> O'Brien: Aha, Evil One, trying to tempt me! I'm not falling for that

I in no way wish to get involved in this, but I love your "poetic" response
*grins* I just HAD to comment *claps in applause* bravo

Carnacki The Ghost-Finder

Sep 8, 2005, 5:41:01 AM9/8/05

Why, thank you. At least if discussions are going to be acrimonious, it
makes sense to try and lighten them with a little satirical humour.